As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Secret World] - Cthulhu is all over this

• Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Archonex wrote: »
    I am going to wait and see how people at PAX like it. The lifetime is a little more than the cost of a year subscription, but since my last lifetime sub lasted only 3 months before I got bored of the game (Champions Online) I am a little shy to drop the cash on something I might play for only a month or two.

Most of the lifetimes for actual blockbuster games tend to end up being good, though.

Star Trek Online's a good example. As is LOTRO. Champions Online got screwed by Atari, the Emmert "vision", then screwed by Atari again, and now they're finally getting it back on its feet (Maybe.). It's a fairly special case.

Didn't do a lifetime on LOTRO when I ordered it but I will admit I did get a fair bit of mileage out of the game... well.. played it originally for about 3 months, then went back and reactivated after Siege of Mirkwood came out (grabbed the expansions etc) one of the few that still is really great looking.

If Secret World can do that then it will be worth it (they still need to work on animations, and I hope the retarded Dragon intro isn't going to be a preview of things to come... )

Oh Hellgate.... you had such such potential... I had such a boner for the game, 3rd person Diablo with guns????

On that note, the lifetime subscription is tied to a bunch of other stuff.

Looking at it, how it works is that buying a version of the game comes in packs. A simple preorder of the game gets you all the preorder bonuses and the game. Then they have a "CE" sort of preorder that's 14.99 more, then a "I'm sort of rich" CE, then the "I am fucking loaded" upgrade that includes the lifetime subscription and the content of the largest pack on offer.

The packs are (Putting my understanding of what they are in quotes for easier reading):
    "Blood Raven" flying social pet: Appears to be a blood drenched flying raven. Obviously has blood dripping off of it. Looks metal as fuck.

A set of high end starter weaponry: Claims to be one of each weapon type in the game for your characters.

Faction Leather Jackets: Appears to be the nifty looking jackets some characters and NPC's sport for each faction in the trailers and previews.
    30 additional days of game-time: Obvious what this does.

An extra character slot: Ditto.

Name reservation: Seems to be saying you can reserve a name for yourself prior to launch.

Set of Talismans: Description says that it's a set of high end beginner talismans for all of your characters. Seven in total, one for each slot on your character. Presumably you can re-claim them, like the starter weaponry infers, going off of their description. Claims to basically twink your character out.

Experience Potions: 10 consumable experience potions to jack up your progression rate. Says they're shared across characters, which means you can only claim so many before they're gone for good. Makes sense, given the next item.

10% permanent discount on all micro-transaction items: The game is apparently launching with a social clothing store and some minor buyables. From here until the day the game dies, you have a ten percent discount on everything on the store if you get this pack.
    Full Content of the Master Pack: See the Master Pack for details on this.

Lifetime Subscription: Should be obvious what this is.

Exclusive Snake-Skin Jacket: A snake-skin jacket. For the hillbilly or person with garish taste in all of us.

Notably, these packs aren't making the wild promises AoC did. There's no "exclusive features", like a cloak that gives free drinks from bars and such during brawls. So it's promising.

At the very least, dropping an extra $15 on the initiate pack would be worth it for the kickass jackets. According to the forums, even if you get the lifetime subscription pack, you'll still need to shell out $15 for the jackets, however.

Archonex on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So this game is going to have a cash shop AND a sub fee?.....Uhhgggg...they just had to go and ruin a good thing. I was all stoked, going to pre order, but fuck that.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Hm. Too bad I'm a bit strapped these days or I'd be tempted by that lifetime.

Then again, I think of Age of Conan and wince.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So this game is going to have a cash shop AND a sub fee?.....Uhhgggg...they just had to go and ruin a good thing. I was all stoked, going to pre order, but fuck that.

Sounds like it's just for social clothing. Not that big of a deal. Especially since playing internet dress up is apparently one of their things with this game, and that's never an inexpensive thing to do given the time it takes to make content for that. Even the WoD MMO is apparently going that route with social clothing, given the cost of it.

Call me when they start to offer content on it, and i'll get mad.

Archonex on
  • Options
    tricontricon Registered User regular
    Ha you can even preorder from EA origin.

If you plan to pre-order it, read the blog entry from the lead designer Martin Bruusgaard.
    We have revealed quite a bit about the character development system and progression in The Secret World recently – Both through a developer diary video and an in-depth article. But I wanted to take this opportunity to delve even deeper into these crucial features, because I know a lot of you always crave more information. I’m going to give a detailed explanation of the following topics:

Abilities
    Skills
    Gear
    Progression
    Crafting

1: Abilities

So let's start with the overall basics, and then dig a bit deeper. TSW does not have any classes, but it has 525 unique abilities. When we say that these abilities are unique, we really mean it. We don't have rank 1,2,3,4 etc of an ability. The ability is unique, and it will scale with your gear. A player can potentially learn every single ability in the game. There are no crossroads where the player has to choose either left or right. There are no choices a player can make that would remove his options to purchase an ability at a later date.

You gain ability points by acquiring xp. You can then spend these points in the Ability Wheel. Players can't run around with hundreds of abilities, so we're asking them to make a choice: You need to pick 7 active abilities and 7 passive abilities, which preferably work well with each other. The Ability Wheel consists of a basic wheel and an advanced wheel, and the player needs to master all of the basic abilities (14) of a weapon before they can unlock the advanced ones.

No idea if the data is actual Skill Hive Simulator

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    The notes on skill synergy are really interesting. I like the idea of mixing and matching different magics or weapons.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The skill system definitely seems like the coolest thing so far. (Aside from Vikings fighting demons verus Mayans versus Native Americans.) I want to read more about it, though, because other than, "There's a wheel, and you can work your way outward on the wheel" and "You can mix and match" I don't really get it yet.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I would suspect that the interactions between the passives and actives might be of interest, but we will see.

• Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    Oh, my. I could get a lifetime subscription, but have no idea if I'll stay interested with Work and potential free stuff like Firefall.

What happened with LotRO lifetime subs when it went free to play?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Oh, my. I could get a lifetime subscription, but have no idea if I'll stay interested with Work and potential free stuff like Firefall.

I guess the same what others did like cryptic with Star Trek Online. Add extra perks and offer a monthly stipend for the ingame shop.

Browsing through some old beta leaks.

Watch this video from betacake http://www.123video.nl/playvideos.asp?EMB=EmbedLayer&MovieID=1114967

A few patches old but still interesting. The same site has more videos from the beta......

tricon on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Antithesis wrote: »

They converted it to a system that gave the lifetime subscriber a certain number of store points every month.

I think it's a really valid question, because Funcom launched AoC with box sales and subs, then converted to F2P as sub numbers dropped. They've had quite a bit of success with that approach, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    From darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=25719
    Red entries are States, good for cross player use
    Blue entries are Triggers
    Black entries are Subtypes

Go to the table for the primary weapon you are interested in. The column at the far left of the table will list the States, Triggers, and Subtypes associated with the primary weapon that can be in common with the States, Triggers, and Subtypes associated with the given secondary weapons listed to the right of the primary weapon. The columns in each table are arranged approximately in order of decreasing synergy with the selected primary weapon.

For example, in the Hammers Table, it shows Hammers have a lot of overlapping synergies with Shotguns (Weaken, Blast, and Strike), where as Hammers have one overlapping synergy with Blood Magic (Impair).

There are some synergies not shown (for example between healing types, for summons etc...)

The more synergies and kinds of synergies, the more ranges, and the more trinity types, the greater the combinations potential diversity.

7021875435_1eb27d7358_o.png

Seki has more data in his post.......

• Options
    Info PAX East 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8wbSeydnqA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73kkLWM2Z7E
    Sovrath

I'll assume that discussing what my experience at PAX entailed is "ok" since they didn't have us sign anything.

They were having players play on a multitude of maps. I got the play in the "Maine" map (Innsmouth? something like that) and didnt' get to make a character, just used what they had at hand.

The booth gm set me up and I was off. I have to admit that my playstyle is to ignore some of the beaten path and just go in a direction I want so I'm sure I missed many quests along the way.

The graphics are decent but if you are into HD graphics where you can practically touch every fiber of the clothing then you might be dissapointed.

The characters moved fluently and the attacks were very immediate. Meanign that if I pressed an ability it went off quickly and smoothly.

It seemed you could remap your skills and I probably would as some of them seemed a bit odd. Like ~ to take out my weapon.

There was some gltichiness. I don't know where they are in their beta process but the first glitch was one that I saw on another player's monitor. Was actually very funny. He ran into a room and suddenly a cut scene started. A person behind the desk was talking, and as the camera swung around the player's avatar came into view frozen in mid-air in a running stance.

I had to laugh at that one.

as for me, sometimes the map wouldn't close when pressing "m" and sometimes it did. At one point I couldn't run up a slight incline and thought that someone had accidentally dropped an invisible wall there. Just a glitchy area I assume. I ran into a skateboard park and found a guy there who wanted me to do something for him, again, a little cutscene. Problem was that when the cutscene stopped so did the game. I could use the keyboard controls to bring up the options but couldn't move or jump. The boothgm then tried to use her gm powers to move me but that didn't work so we had to restart. At the same time two other people lost connection so I will assume that was what caused the issue.

After that I explored a bit.

There were definitly dangerous areas and I had my butt handed to me a few times when these zombie things came chasing after me. I wasn't quite sure how to tell if a mob was too high for me so I made a "few mistakes" there.

The atmosphere was good and the voice acting was also good. If you had problems with SWToR's quest cut scenes you might have issues with this. You didn't have a choice on where the cut scene went but it was a voiced, cut scene to deliver the quest.

Not all the quests were like that and some you just chose, got a text box with a difficulty rating and you accepted or declined.

I was also able to bring up a wheel of choices that "I think" had to do with your skills but I was more concerned with exploring the area. You really couldn't get into most buildings but I was able to get into a church. They also did a presentation of some game play with a really cool chimera kind of "Boss" that was huge.

My thought is that if you are the type of player who likes atmosphere and story telling then the game might be for you. If you are really looking for "a sandbox" or are hate cut scenes/story then you might have issues. Oh, and the sound was pretty good, very visceral.
    The map I was on was pretty large. There was a road that I "should" have followed but I decided to cut across and see what I could see.

I ended up running into mobs that were pretty tough. Then again, I'm unsure of the character I was using and whether or not it needed better gear or I was using the skills correctly.

But yeah, this is not an "open world let's see what we can find game" or at least from what I gatherd from my 20 minutes with the game.

It's more like SWToR with the cutscenes and voiced quests, though as I said earlier, there are quests that dont' ahve cutscenes.

I liked the feeling of the game and the atmosphere so I don't see a problem playing it. Also, isn't there supposed to be a metagame where you have to find clues outisde of the game?
    The character I had was pretty low level. So there wasn't much on the hot bar.

I had a shotgun blast, an attack that I believe slowed the attacker, some sort of "leap back" ability, an ability to fire some sort of semi- automatic weapion that had a longer cooldown. And something that had a medical "+" that never actually seemed to heal me so I wasn't sure if that was only usable out of combat.

I'll be honest, since I had fogotten that it was tab targeting so I immeiatly aimed and fired using my mouse button only for "nothing to happen".

then when the zombies were bearing down on my and I realized I wasn't it wasn't shooter mechanics, I started using the toolbar. Kept having to fight the urge to find the appropriate toolbar number on the mouse as I use a razer naga at home.

It seemed fairly standard fair. The demo I saw showed higher level characters mixing attacks, some seemingly incongruent with one another so that spoke to the ability to mix your skills. I did find that wheel of "abilities" when I was searchign around for what each key did. But was more interested in exploring the world than checking out all the details.

Overall I enjoyed it but the actual fighting seemed pretty standard.
    mmorpg

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    So I managed to grab one of those beta keys they threw into the crowd at their presentations this weekend. Does anyone know if the key is a closed beta invite, or an invite for the preorder beta starting May 11th? I'll find out when I get home, I'm just getting conflicting information.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    [...]
    Why The Secret World has not garnered more attention may be a systemic failing in creativity within the MMORPG genre: The Secret World takes place in the present and there is no grind content. Whether or not these are the issues turning gamers away might be impossible to discover, but the Funcom team was able to show that their game still does well, if not better than the competition.

The first thing that should be mentioned is how beautiful the game plays on its highest settings. This means Dx 11 enabled clients running in 1920×1080 resolution on high-end processors and video cards with fans that don’t necessarily work for 8 hours straight are cranking out beautiful frame after beautiful frame.

To suggest that The Secret World is visually a contemporary MMORPG is inaccurate. What the art and design team has done is create a game that transcends the average; this is an MMO that doesn’t necessarily provide an escape for the gamer but instead upgrades the gamer’s reality with monsters, magic, and point number 2.

Where the graphics attract, the plot captivates. Presentations by Erling Ellingsen, Funcom’s director of communications, and community manager Glen Swan, a.k.a. Famine, walked through the typical run of content shown at most of their conventions. A notable inclusion was part of a dungeon where, and I’m being deathly serious, Mayans are fighting against Vikings.
    hydrainitiative.com/?p=527
    [...]
    My impressions from spending time with TSW:

1. It's a much more complicated game system than Rift or SWTOR (I think than GW2 as well, but I haven't gotten to try that yet, so I can't compare directly). That means it may be more interesting in the long run, but it is more prone to flaws in the short run. For example, the UI has a number of components including an ingame web browser...all of these are moveable and resizable, but they can get cluttered and I've seen elements of it get stuck open in the past. Overall, I really like the interface....it's very clean and simple on a piece-by-piece level. But there are a lot of pieces, and that's important to keep in mind if you prefer something simpler like a more traditional Rift/SWTOR style game.

2. The graphics, at least using DX11, are quite smooth. Sure, the jumps are a little high, but they're no worse than watching a tauren jump in WoW (seriously, those hooves must have springs). The graphics and environments are definitely prettier than WoW, Rift, and SWTOR. However, the animations, especially lip syncing, are not up to SWTOR levels. (SWTOR cheats a bit here, since when you're in dialog you're actually not viewing the world and the rendering details roughly doubles....nonetheless, it's a very good cheat, and it makes you really feel like you're talking to someone...TSW doesn't do this, the detail level remains the same).

3. After SWTOR, there is something a bit disappointing about not being actively involved in conversations. TSW has a lot of voiced dialog, and it's generally much better written, better delivered, and more interesting than the average SWTOR dialog. However, in SWTOR you can respond two or three times per conversation. In TSW, you're a passive observer. This makes a big difference.

4. TSW is a much harder game than any other modern MMO (think vanilla WoW). If you don't plan out your initial ability build carefully, you might be stuck (like me) with no healing and no AOE....in which case it's really easy to die to the 3-zombie packs that you pull in Kingsmouth. There are no training wheels. This is actually pretty awesome. At the same time, it means that it's harder to casually play the game like you would GW2 or D3 or other upcoming pseudo-competition.

5. TSW is a much slower game than most modern MMOs (though SWTOR has its fair share of artificial slowness..."run way over there and deliver this! .... ok, now run way back over there and deliver the receipt!"...which TSW, thankfully, seems to avoid). But TSW involves planning ahead, saving up ability points, doing investigative missions of the sort that haven't really been seen before in MMOs (relatively little direct guidance as to what to do, but lots of interesting clues in dialog and environments), etc. It's slower paced, and if you want to power through it, you'll find it to be somewhat mediocre. If, instead, you treat it more like an old school RPG/adventure game, you'll really come to enjoy it. But it will take a few hours to get into it. (actually, that makes me think a bit of similar experiences getting into vanilla WoW back in the day...I think I spent a good 8-10 hours getting through the Barrens...but I'll admit that expectations have changed since 2004)

That's my two cents. By making a more difficult, slower paced game, Funcom is probably cutting its potential userbase down to about 10% of "average WoW players" or however you want to measure it. At the same time, a lot of us have been advocating for a game that's a bit more complicated and difficult and story based for years now. For us, this game will be an absolute gem. (Even acknowledging that it won't be perfect at launch...it's already more playable than AoC was at launch, and it doesn't have the strange post-Tortage let down that that game did. It is not, however, as playable as Rift was at launch.)
    massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/07/pax-east-2012-the-secret-world-demo/

Gameplay Videos Pax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zwWThJUxQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye-IyX656Qk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAPuySimb7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yqa1hRFoYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZnHX28qQ5U

• Options
    MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    So the OP is very sparse on information about how the game actually plays.

What differentiates this game from all the other theme park MMOs? My impression of it is that it's like GW1 skill system + standard quest system with a Lovecraft veneer.

3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • Options
    OP is sparse because most of that info is just trickling out, since there's been limited beta access, all covered by NDA's.

It's sort of like GW1's skill system, except that all the skills are sort of built into this circle, where driving deeper into a particular skill type gives you access to more powerful stuff deeper down. Sort of like if Guild Wars only gave access to tiers of skills if you'd been using the earlier tier in game to unlock them. it's sort of hard to tell from the charts that have been leaked.

The dungeons have been the major thing that's been focused on in press releases. The dungeons are a little different in that they're big, more scripted battles against bosses, without the older-style concept of "clear trash to get to the boss event." Once you're in the dungeon you're sort of along for the ride, there's no wasting time murdering a bunch of trash spawns. Also, somehow you make decisions in dungeons which permanently affect them the next time you go with a group? Haven't seen much on that.

The one thing that a couple places have mentioned about quests is that they're sort of more puzzle/adventure game systemy than straight up, "Fetch 10 cthulhu bear asses." Haven't seen enough detail on that to really know.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Some things I can mention from things overheard while two of my vent buddies play another round of beta:

There is is no 'vendor trash' loot, the kind of grey qaulity junk that exists only to sell to a vendor. This led to an amusing conversation about what exactly is the market for dessicated bear asses.

There are 'bear ass' gathering quests, though they tend to involve human (or used to be human) parts.

The atmosphere can be rather spooky, and at times very depressing. On occastion one of my friends will be playing alone and stop until she gets company, because shes too unnerved to continue solo.

Female character creation sucks, as most facial features are male. Female characters can still use them, but they end up looking like pre-op mtfs.

Apparently chaos magic is green glowy punches of death. And wolverine claws go snikt snikt.

Not a lot of info, but some impressions I got from listening to them play.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Is the upcoming Open Beta for TSW open to any one who signs up, or just those who pre-order?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    am0n wrote: »
    Is the upcoming Open Beta for TSW open to any one who signs up, or just those who pre-order?

So far as I know only to pre-order. However if you got a key at PAX you have access too.
    Ah found, pretty much the same way as tera beta.
    Access to Beta Weekends

Among them is exclusive access to all upcoming Beta Weekends, the first of which kicks off on May 11th. Beta Weekends will run most weekends leading up to launch, and with each weekend we will introduce more content for players to experience.

Please note we will also be doing limited giveaways for these Beta Weekends, but on a weekend-by-weekend basis only. Pre-ordering is the only way to make sure you secure guaranteed access to every one of them.

Note that it will also be possible to carry the character you play in one Beta Weekend to the next, allowing you to enjoy more of the content each weekend without having to start over. Beta Weekends are a great way to get a feel for The Secret World in preparation for launch June 19th.
    darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=25903

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMUXYnDOMEI

tricon on
  • Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    If this game absolutely blows my mind during the beta weekends then I might get myself a lifetime sub.
    But otherwise, I have way to many games on my plate to make such a commitment.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MoistMoist Registered User regular
    I kinda wanna pre order this but the adpage on the official website is bugged and keeps reverting to German when I select English. Kinda concerns me. Makes it a little harder to figure out what pre order stuff it is advertising there.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    tricon wrote: »
    am0n wrote: »

So far as I know only to pre-order. However if you got a key at PAX you have access too.
    Ah found, pretty much the same way as tera beta.
    Access to Beta Weekends

Among them is exclusive access to all upcoming Beta Weekends, the first of which kicks off on May 11th. Beta Weekends will run most weekends leading up to launch, and with each weekend we will introduce more content for players to experience.

Please note we will also be doing limited giveaways for these Beta Weekends, but on a weekend-by-weekend basis only. Pre-ordering is the only way to make sure you secure guaranteed access to every one of them.

Note that it will also be possible to carry the character you play in one Beta Weekend to the next, allowing you to enjoy more of the content each weekend without having to start over. Beta Weekends are a great way to get a feel for The Secret World in preparation for launch June 19th.
    darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=25903

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMUXYnDOMEI

Thanks. Was hoping it was open to all. Guess I'll keep an eye out for a free trial down the road.

• Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    Japanese Nyarlthotep seems a little different than I imagined...

youtube.com/watch?v=grDacobSre0

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FKwxDvHT_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVDTaBmmkwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KAKLLcGMcQ

I am still undecided if I like this game or not.

Positive

Modern World + timetravel, the world looks beautiful.
    Sound & Music, close to AoC, something I like.
    Classless system.
    500+ powers and synergies with it.
    Story & cutscene
    Crafting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SJCrP9QpiyI#t=131s)
    3 Faction PvP

Neutral

Combat
    Funcom
    Content????????????????????????????

Negative

Char Animations
    Lifetime abo (sorry defcon 2)
    Box+P2P+Item Shop

Before I even preoder this game, the NDA needs to go away.........

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Yup.. animations are still my biggest peeve, watching that guy swing that sledge hammer around.. its like it has no weight at all. The casting animations are also terrible, reminds me of EQ.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yup.. animations are still my biggest peeve, watching that guy swing that sledge hammer around.. its like it has no weight at all. The casting animations are also terrible, reminds me of EQ.

Well I thought the animations in AoC were pretty good. Swinging around a two-handed weapon looked like it took effort, plus the execution animations were bitch'n. So I am somewhat hopeful that the animations in TSW will get a bit of make over before launch. But I have been disappointed in the past.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    Most of the animations in AoC were mocapped though. That does not seem to be the case with TSW

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Most of the animations in AoC were mocapped though. That does not seem to be the case with TSW

Ah bummer.

Everything I have read and watched about TSW makes me pretty excited for it.

If they make the animations better, then great. If they do not, then I hope everything is solid enough to make me not really care.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    I think if I can afford it, I might get the lifetime subscription. Figure if they make this a bit of a slower paced game, I'll play it every once in a while.

Definitely love the vibe, I just hope they don't fall into the category of "Using the Cthulhu Mythos to make us look cool and really ignoring all of its intricacies!"

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    It's not an "open" beta if it's closed to 99% of the people.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I am seriously torn as to where to Pre-order this from. I cannot decide between the Cat and the Wolf. If the Cat wasn't all bling-y, I think I'd go for it for sure.. but its just so decked out.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    InkSplat wrote: »
    I am seriously torn as to where to Pre-order this from. I cannot decide between the Cat and the Wolf. If the Cat wasn't all bling-y, I think I'd go for it for sure.. but its just so decked out.

It's an Egyptian god, I think.

• Options
    No one's talking about this yet?

Http://secretwar.thesecretworld.com

I think it's time to start deciding who we'll be, or if PA is gonna have a presence or not.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    No one's talking about this yet?

Http://secretwar.thesecretworld.com

I think it's time to start deciding who we'll be, or if PA is gonna have a presence or not.

Yea.. I signed up for this even though it is a shallow ploy for facebook hits and advertising.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Facebook stuff means I probably won't do it much :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, there's also the faction-specific clothing and weapons you get right from the start. Like a blood-soaked marrionette for use in blood magic (maybe it's illuminati-only though).

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's a sword for Dragon at the last rank.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Uh what, login into Facebook and give the Illuminati my name, no way!

Time to setup fake accounts, self defense in a time of war! :P

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If any of you are interested in joining, I'd totally appreciate you joining via this link :P

Clicky to Help Me

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
This discussion has been closed.