As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] Thread closed. Move on to the new thread.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    learn korean is the best thing gsl have ever done

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    I love seeing a protoss multitask like that.

Just to show that people's assumptions about how protoss can only be played is bullshit.

If leenock had pushed before the mothership was out (which he could have done), no amount of multitasking would have saved hero. He had 8 or 9 broods and a ton of infestors on the map, and he was up by about 25 supply before the mothership was out. Too much hesitation.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    lol scan radius

edit: (not actually mad about scan radius)

shwaip on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    it must be fatiguing to watch games when every single thing a terran does feels worth commenting on in that fashion

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I don't even know how this game got from "abandoned blink allin vs 3OC" to "Protoss taking it to a macro game"

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I don't even know how this game got from "abandoned blink allin vs 3OC" to "Protoss taking it to a macro game"

I couldn't read the unit counts (lol free stream), but it sounded like MVP was low on SCVs.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    This build sucks.

• Options
    what the hell, why do so many protoss crash 20 chargelots into 3 marauders in front of a forcefield when the entire terran army is behind it. they lose 10 zealots for 2-3 marines and marauders.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This game is so fucking depressing to watch. #FeelingLikeJaziek

• Options
    I don't see whats depressing at all about that.

If anything, its depressing as a Terran. 60 supply up and 6 bases to 3 and you still can't overcome chargelot archon templar? Fuck that shit.

Hero had a bad build, got behind, and held on with storms.

• Options
    Eh? Did you notice MVP basically stopped bothering to micro? He was pretty much happy to continually stream units in. And from Hero's point of view, playing this third game he still doesn't know what went wrong.

• Options
    Eh? Did you notice MVP basically stopped bothering to micro? He was pretty much happy to continually stream units in. And from Hero's point of view, playing this third game he still doesn't know what went wrong.

Well yeah, if I was 6 bases to 3 and 70 supply ahead, I'd be expecting to be able to win with minimal micro too.

Even when their economies were at their closest, Mvp had just started mining from his fourth while Hero's third nexus was less than 50% done. I don't know in what scenario you consider it depressing if Terran wins in that scenario.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    oh wow

nice scout by hero

Dhalphir on
  • Options

Well yeah, if I was 6 bases to 3 and 70 supply ahead, I'd be expecting to be able to win with minimal micro too.

Even when their economies were at their closest, Mvp had just started mining from his fourth while Hero's third nexus was less than 50% done. I don't know in what scenario you consider it depressing if Terran wins in that scenario.

Because hidden base? It doesn't work in any other matchup, but does in TvP because the Protoss is never going to send units around that direction unless they're White-ra.

• Options

Because hidden base? It doesn't work in any other matchup, but does in TvP because the Protoss is never going to send units around that direction unless they're White-ra.

That game would have turned out equally the same if the third OC had been floated to his normal third.

• Options
    For the record non-Aussies who are watching GSL, fucking no one here drinks Fosters.

I can't remember the last time I actually saw a Fosters. Possibly in a Dan Murphy's one time?

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    The Fosters we have here is different to the Fosters they have elsewhere as well.

• Options
    idno, I find the vast majority of Aussie beers to be swill. Tend to drink Peroni or Polish beers.

Big fan of James Squire Amber/Golden Ales though.

• Options
    ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Impyrocker wrote: »
    decided to tank down and learn terran this season. I'm planning to mech in , hellion into marine/tank in tvz and ??? in tvp. Could somebody give me build orders for mech tvt and the hellion opener tvz? Or any ideas about what to do in tvp.

TvZ
    13 Gas Reactor Hellion:
    10 Depot
    12 Rax
    13 Gas
    15 OC + Marines to 2
    16 Depot
    17 Factory
    19 Reactor
    Optional 2 Marine Bunker Rush
    21 CC
    22 Depot
    23 Swap and start Hellions
    From there you can either expand again or start building units for a 10ish minute push. Park your Hellions at the front of his base and try not to let anything out, be it units or creep.

TvT
    Mech usually relies on either a Hellion expand, like the one above, or a Banshee expand because Gasless FE into double Gas is unsafe against several kinds of Terran harass. I personally suggest Banshee expand, but I know Dhal has had success with the Hellion one.

Banshee expand:
    10 Depot
    12 Rax
    13 Gas
    15 OC + Marines to 4
    16 Depot
    17 Factory
    19 Gas
    22 Depot
    24 Port + TLab
    Optional Bunker at the front
    26 Depot
    27 Swap and start Cloak then a Banshee
    33 CC
    I don't know enough about Mech to discuss proper transitions.

TvP
    The only truely viable openings in current TvP are Gasless FE and 1-1-1 all-in. 2Rax pressure served me well for a long time but has become defunct at this point. If you choose not to 1-1-1, off a Gasless FE you can go either 2-2-2 into a third and then swap to Bio or just go Bio from the start. The best build for starting out is probably a 4Rax mid-game, which is pretty safe against pressure.

Gasless FE into 4Rax:
    10 Depot
    12 Rax
    15 OC + Marine
    16 CC
    17 Depot
    Optional Bunker at the front (not actually optional unless you're MKP)
    Then drop 3 more Barracks and pump Marines until you have enough spare cash to grab your Gasses.
    Do your best to get out on the map, the Protoss can't have aoe tech yet, so a Marine ball is very capable of asserting itself. Depending on what the Protoss is doing, you can either tech to Medivacs afterward or throw down Tech Labs and E-Bays.

Edit: Wow this thread really moved while I was writing this.

This was by far the most comprehensive though. Thanks :D

1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I'm not saying it is good at all. It is significantly different to Fosters you buy elsewhere though.

One thing about Fotsers is you can take it to a house party and be confident that no one will drink your beers.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yesterday I found a beer that I actually like, at this german joint here in Perth. It actually didn't taste like crap.

But then I had some of their cider and that was so much better.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Seguer wrote: »
    So, I just found out that I am going to San Francisco, tomorrow, for up to a month.

Any PAers around there want to meet up?

Hey yeah... if any of you fine folk are in the San Fran area, let us know.

^_^'

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    German bier cafes always have fine alcoholic beverages.

• Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    Who do you think has the best ZvT from the zerg perspective? Trying to find a good zvt build to copy :)

• Options
    DRG

• Options
    Oh and for the San Fran thing.... not just to hang out but we might actually need your help.

Obi Wan type help.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    leenock got this

roll mvp into crescent rolls with your doughy hands

• Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    ultralisks

y u never work

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Aw, zergless ro8.

• Options
    Fuck terran is stupid.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Man squid, you sound like me a year ago.

this was a really good game, MVP just won out due to better multitasking pretty much. And somehow leenock is still in this Oo.

• Options
    Zerg OP!

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    thanks obama

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I'm in SF but am terribad at SC2.

• Options
    3 - 8 today on ladder. Actively getting worse with every day of practice is just...

god damn.

• Options
    jaziek wrote: »
    3 - 8 today on ladder. Actively getting worse with every day of practice is just...

god damn.

You should have stopped laddering when you got to 3-3.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    yes. yes I should.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Just make it a bo7 against the ladder, stop at X-4 or 4-X.

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    PvP on Metropolis, some diamond tried to wall off like a FFE. It felt dirty to 4gate and have a proxy pylon in his main, but he was asking for it! I can't let stupid play like that go unpunished.

Are people trying to FFE in non PvZ matchups now or something?

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Saaruto wrote: »
    PvP on Metropolis, some diamond tried to wall off like a FFE. It felt dirty to 4gate and have a proxy pylon in his main, but he was asking for it! I can't let stupid play like that go unpunished.

Are people trying to FFE in non PvZ matchups now or something?

Someone's gotta learn 'em.