As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL Thread: Can Lidstrom Unretire? Please?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The Sharks eulogy is pretty good.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    The Sharks eulogy is pretty good.

It's pretty good. I don't think I'd ever noticed Joe Pavelski's teeth before. I hardly ever see him without a mouth guard in.

That guy needs to get on Mike Ricci's dental plan.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ get one in.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Richards and Callahan potentially injured? Yes please.

Let's go, Sens. Get your shit together.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Henrik looked a little angry after that goal not goal goal.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    If the Flyers don't win another game this post-season I'll still be satisfied (not happy, but satisfied) that they sent those dirty pieces of crap on early vacations. Enjoy the golf course! I know it'll go against every instinct you have, but try not to throw an elbow into anyone head while they're lining up a putt.
    This, this right here, is why people got pissed off at you. Could you troll other fans less?

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Smith :shock:

Edit: :shock:

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    psyck0 wrote: »
    If the Flyers don't win another game this post-season I'll still be satisfied (not happy, but satisfied) that they sent those dirty pieces of crap on early vacations. Enjoy the golf course! I know it'll go against every instinct you have, but try not to throw an elbow into anyone head while they're lining up a putt.
    This, this right here, is why people got pissed off at you. Could you troll other fans less?

Are you saying that if your team beat the shit out of your rival, with the biggest bunch of asshole cheap shot artists on their team, you wouldn't be this happy? Please.

Troll, shmoll. He is happy that his team (my team too) beat the shit out of our HATED rivals. If he wouldn't have said that, I would have (maybe...I won't be happy until the playoffs end the proper way).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    ...then you're both trolls.

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Sens got a bum interference call that set them at 5-on-3 and cost them a goal. Their performance deflated from then on. Hopefully they can prevail in game 7.

Smith is a monster, all stealin' dreams and shit.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Ass

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Avatar is more apt than I feared.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    Well here's hoping the flyers make the final, else well have a cup final with like 25 combined shots a game, and a whole bunch of 3 point games.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    God I love watching the Hawks getting eliminated in front of a house full of "fans" that didn't even realize they had a team for 15 years.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote: »
    God I love watching the Hawks getting eliminated in front of a house full of "fans" that didn't even realize they had a team for 15 years.

To be fair to them, it's not like anyone in the ownership was interested in telling them.

There are PLENTY of reasons to hate the Hawks (other than Toews) that are better than that one.

• Options
    I think I'm going to have to cheer for the Blues from the west now.

• Options
    Yeah some of the ownerships decisions during that period were frankly mind boggling. Don't televise the games locally that way fans will come to games...WTF

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Go Kings in the West. In the Preds/Coyotes series, I am against the team that employs Raffi Torres more than I hate Shea Weber.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Corvus wrote: »

Preds atleast sorta play offenses...

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Preds atleast sorta play offenses...

Yeah, as weirded out as I still am by the idea of hockey in Tennessee, I sort of have to root for Nashville now that the canucks are out because I picked them to win the Cup.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    For me this is turning into a really disinteresting cup, no one to root for, no one to root against. I hope who ever wins uses it to eat a gallon of vanilla ice cream. Cause that's how I feel about it, vanilla.
    e:and drunk, but that'll pass.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    I'm going with "oldest franchise not to win a Cup still active" for the Blues.

• Options
    I expect lots of naps watching the West next round. Might be worth it to invest in a more comfortable couch.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    For me this is turning into a really disinteresting cup, no one to root for, no one to root against. I hope who ever wins uses it to eat a gallon of vanilla ice cream. Cause that's how I feel about it, vanilla.
    e:and drunk, but that'll pass.

Bruins. Root for or against the repeat

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    So I guess it's

STL vs LA
    PHX vs Nash

I take asleep over all 4 in five

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    If Phoenix wins the cup, does Bettman present the trophy to himself as owner?

• Options
    If Phoenix wins the cup, does Bettman present the trophy to himself as owner?

I was just talking about that with my roommates. How odd would that be?

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Go Kings

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I guess in the West I'll be rooting for the Kings (if the Cannucks lost, Id rather they lost to a team no one could beat), and the Blues.

In the east, I am going through every possible superstition and good luck charm for my Capitals. I was there when they were finishing in last. i was there through Bondra and Lang and Jason fucking Doig. I need this.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    psyck0 wrote: »

Nowhere in that quote did I direct anything towards their fans. Every last bit of venom is directed wholly towards the dirty piece of shit player they happen to root for.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Go Kings in the West. In the Preds/Coyotes series, I am against the team that employs Raffi Torres more than I hate Shea Weber.

I don't know, Shea Weber has at least reached the Chris Pronger level of hate for me. Torres is an idiot, but at least he hasn't been an idiot to my team yet.

Go.....Blues??......I guess?

• Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Here's the thing, guys: if we root for the Blues go on to the finals, we're only rewarding the Ken Hitchcock system.

• Options
    All this talk about how boring the West games have been made me go look at the score totals so far.

LA = 12
    Van = 8
    StL = 14
    SJ = 8
    Chi = 12
    Phx = 17
    Nsh = 13
    Det = 9
    NYR = 12
    Ott = 12
    Was = 15
    Bos = 13
    NJ = 12
    Fla = 13
    Pit = 26
    Phi = 30

12 of those 30 goals for Philly were on the PP.

:lol:

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Vancouver was tied for lowest amount of goals scored? Christ, no wonder they didn't make it out of the first round.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Vancouver was tied for lowest amount of goals scored? Christ, no wonder they didn't make it out of the first round.

If it makes you feel better they outscored Claude Giroux by 2 goals. :rotate:

• Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

I don't know, Shea Weber has at least reached the Chris Pronger level of hate for me. Torres is an idiot, but at least he hasn't been an idiot to my team yet.

Go.....Blues??......I guess?

You forget '06 so quickly. Back when that fucker scored goals in addition to being a dangerously violent punk.

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »

Daniel being out kind of killed them, since Henrik doesn't shoot, and Kesler's offence has been anemic all year.

• Options
    A better example for the boringness would be the shot totals.

Chicago 40.4
    Boston 36.0
    Vancouver 34.4
    Los Angeles 33.2
    Ottawa 32.8
    Detroit 32.0
    NY Rangers 31.4
    St. Louis 30.4
    Pittsburgh 30.2
    Washington 30.0
    New Jersey 29.0
    San Jose 28.8
    Phoenix 27.8
    Philadelphia 27.5
    Florida 26.8
    Nashville 23.2

The Phili number surprises me, but I guess when there are no 2nd/3rd chances because the goalie doesn't make a save, you register a lot fewer shots.

Also I can't figure out which goallie I'm more angry with, Mike Smith for being so good or Cory Crawford for sucking so much.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Florida/New Jersey really is the orphan of series. No one cares about it.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Out of 5 series that have been completed, I correctly picked one (the Blues). If I was a Rangers, Bruins, or Devils fan, I would be hella worried.

Luckily, I'm a Blue Jackets fan, and therefore never have to worry about the playoffs. This is probably why I am also so bad at picking hockey teams. I've never seen a good one in person.

Zing.