Options

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think the thing that irritated me the most about the game during the weekend was not knowing how to turn off the noise chat makes when text appears

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Game is really fun. Played Engineer and Guardian. Enjoy them both. Not sure what I'll play first. It's been forever since I've linked photos on the forum, how the heck do you do it? I have some pics in my hard drive, I also have them in my google+ account.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    oh goddammit

i played around with a mesmer in structured pvp and now i'm reconsidering my original choice of engineer ;_;

• Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My biggest disappointment this weekend was when I saw a bright red Charr fur coloring and went to recreate my character and found that it's not available to players. Wwwwwhhy!?

47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    After this weekend, I think I have settled on a staff necromancer. It was kind of amusing to serve 4 targetable pie plates of pain in battle. Can't wait to have 7-8 at retail.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    Went into the beta weekend excited about the Engineer. I still am, but the flamethrower and other kits seem to be a bit wonky at the moment, so I'll get back to that later. Tried out a warrior, and ohh my god I felt powerful. After spending the day trying all the weapons I ran an Axe/shield + Rifle build. Gonna try it with Axe/Mace next time and see how that goes.

Only complaint at this stage is how stupidly difficult the story stuff can be at times. I learned a lot on how to dodge from it, but failing for almost an hour on one mission is dumb. That'll be sorted out though. So glad I prepurchased this game. Between this and Planetside 2 I'll pretty much be set.

• Options
    NathrakNathrak Registered User regular
    Aside from being CPU heavy and unoptimized, did anyone play on a system with 2gb of ram to see how it performed? Like just running around, if it stutters everytime a new player comes into view or if loading into PvP scenarios and back takes forever. I run a pretty clean and lite XP install but recently SW:TOR was definitely suffering on 2gb. I had 4gb for a bit with it but things kept going wrong and I can't make it work so I'm just hoping GW2 is somewhat better! Probably get it anyway, unless someone can compare and it turns out it is even worse than TOR.

Please don't tell me how cheap memory is :P

• Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    Went into the beta weekend excited about the Engineer. I still am, but the flamethrower and other kits seem to be a bit wonky at the moment, so I'll get back to that later. Tried out a warrior, and ohh my god I felt powerful. After spending the day trying all the weapons I ran an Axe/shield + Rifle build. Gonna try it with Axe/Mace next time and see how that goes.

Only complaint at this stage is how stupidly difficult the story stuff can be at times. I learned a lot on how to dodge from it, but failing for almost an hour on one mission is dumb. That'll be sorted out though. So glad I prepurchased this game. Between this and Planetside 2 I'll pretty much be set.

the flamethrower felt so strong to me especially in WuvWuv when you're able to use it on a greater amount of players at a time. I had a great time rocking up to battles and flaming everything I could

• Options
    Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    Nathrak wrote: »

It's so cheep that I just throw it away now, its not worth even trying to sell.

Kidding. Sorry you have to run with 2GB. I also bet that once we get GPU support that this game will run a lot better for everyone.

The music and sound design ranging from the environment to weapon sounds push this game WAY WAY over the top for me. Being able to hear the crack and boom from a rifle farther down a deep cavern is on the level of if DICE did the sound design work for Skyrim. No real big surprise considering Jeremy Soule and I hope there is a purchasable soundtrack on his music website soon.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    PoolCue wrote: »

the flamethrower felt so strong to me especially in WuvWuv when you're able to use it on a greater amount of players at a time. I had a great time rocking up to battles and flaming everything I could

i had fun with backdraft -> air blast just to piss people off

HEY COME HERE

OKAY NOW GO AWAY

NOW YOU'RE ON FIRE

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Arg I'm in that mode where I can't settle on a class. I've played a thief to 12 and an engineer and elementalist to 6-7 or so. And I keep hearing good things about the necromancer and the mesmer.

I think I'll take thief, especially now that I've settled on a weapon swap I like (sword/pistol and pistol/dagger). But engineer is so cool and elementalist was way more fun than I expected.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    So is there a way to get to Hoelbrak from Divinity's Reach or do I need to make a Norn?

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    So is there a way to get to Hoelbrak from Divinity's Reach or do I need to make a Norn?

Asura gates

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

go through asura gate

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Did anyone else notice that even though the maps looks very organic and hand painted and such... but after you've explored an area fully, that area on the map is perfectly rectangular... so the explored map is actually quite ugly, imo.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that even though the maps looks very organic and hand painted and such... but after you've explored an area fully, that area on the map is perfectly rectangular... so the explored map is actually quite ugly, imo.

yeah that seems like it's a thing that'll get polished in time, though

you can always make a suggestion thread if you're really concerned

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Fare thee well

• Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    So where do we go to give feedback on the beta? Official beta forums? Or is here OK?

Got a heck load of screenshots. Gorgeous game really.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Oh God. So many Vicious Pigs.

One shotting everybody.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You and me both.

EDIT: Also, I'm from the future and saw Enig's post before he saw it.

naengwen on
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    The Moas! And the Svalnir! And the ice elementals! It was horrible lol. True meaning of zergfest, die and be revived to zerg and zerg again until dead.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    MURDER CHICKEN! OH GOD!

Edit: It was on FIRE!

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Sea of ThornsSea of Thorns Registered User regular
    Annnd that's that. Never before have I been so disappointed that I couldn't play a game anymore.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    I miss GW2 already :'(

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    So...is it time for the next beta weekend yet?

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    CpunkCpunk Registered User regular
    Aand it's over. Thanks for your opinions guys, I'm glad I pre-purchased.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Well that was all kinds of awesome. What a nice game.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    No one told me before that the Elementalist is amazing. Dual daggers or staves? You are wrecking house. Also, a runspeed buff with lightning/staff is awesome news.

I'm a bit disappointed that they don't appear to have weapon switching though. :(

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Nathrak wrote: »
    Aside from being CPU heavy and unoptimized, did anyone play on a system with 2gb of ram to see how it performed? Like just running around, if it stutters everytime a new player comes into view or if loading into PvP scenarios and back takes forever. I run a pretty clean and lite XP install but recently SW:TOR was definitely suffering on 2gb. I had 4gb for a bit with it but things kept going wrong and I can't make it work so I'm just hoping GW2 is somewhat better! Probably get it anyway, unless someone can compare and it turns out it is even worse than TOR.

Mostly what screwed me over was getting in/out of underwater. That slogged my machine.

Also, best part of the ending event:
    Fighting a Salivating Racoon, when this happens:
    oSmqN.jpg

tehkensai on
    jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    1. I was playing with my funny munny gems and bought some mini-pets. They showed in my inventory and I clicked on the "store collectables" option or something like that. I assumed that'd put them into a collectable interface so they weren't taking up room in my inventory and I could still pull them out, but they disappeared and I couldn't find them again. Am I missing something or is the minipet interface just not complete yet?

@SwashbucklerXX - did not see anyone respond to this, but it goes to your 'collectibles' tab in your bank, which also doubles as crafting storage.

SUPER HANDY. You can right click any common crafting material and send it right to the bank from anywhere. Including the minipets.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    No one told me before that the Elementalist is amazing. Dual daggers or staves? You are wrecking house. Also, a runspeed buff with lightning/staff is awesome news.

I'm a bit disappointed that they don't appear to have weapon switching though. :(

They don't because they have access to so many skills already via their profession mechanic.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Slimcea wrote: »
    So where do we go to give feedback on the beta? Official beta forums? Or is here OK?

Got a heck load of screenshots. Gorgeous game really.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/index

Discussions in the various forums, but there's a suggestion forum that EVERYONE with something to say about the game should be posting in.

second time: Hint Hint

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Enig wrote: »

They don't because they have access to so many skills already via their profession mechanic.

But daggers and staves are both awesome. Don't make me choose! ;-)

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

I couldn't stand daggers when I started with them. They take you too close to the enemy, but once the damage started scaling up it became much more worth it.

Also, anyone notice that they let us go on for several more hours than initially stated?

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

I couldn't stand daggers when I started with them. They take you too close to the enemy, but once the damage started scaling up it became much more worth it.

Also, anyone notice that they let us go on for several more hours than initially stated?

It was supposed to end at Midnight PDT. That was ... 20 minutes ago.

• Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    After this weekend, I think I have settled on a staff necromancer. It was kind of amusing to serve 4 targetable pie plates of pain in battle. Can't wait to have 7-8 at retail.
    Lich Form gives you 3-4, wells can be talented to target ground = 11-12. Also, with the right setup you can be a ground target necro that can easily switch to minion master since most of the talents are under the same trees.

Here are my two builds:
    Necromancer Mid-Range Minons/Debuff
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3822g04m8b4p4qlna40auka5f5j5r6bhbhehk

Necromancer Long Range Marks/Wells
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3810004ncmh888h9240auka

Use the long range for Wuv wall combat or large groups then with a quick switch, minion master. :)

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Had alot of fun Wuving with you guys this weekend. Finals + Diablo 3 + next BWE will form a perfect storm of fucking me up next month D:

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    I played a Guardian for the last day. Fun class, looking forward to making a Sylvari soon. And folks who said to play with a Greatsword were right, Had no problems soloing or in groups.

pk8Vs.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    Re: nholderRe: nholder Registered User regular
    You guys think the moa were bad...

That was really great. I can't wait for the next BWE.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Screenshots:
    Character I played during most of the beta:
    gw002.jpg
    gw013.jpg
    gw027.jpg
    gw057.jpg
    gw072.jpg

Also Teamspeak server statistics.

IN:
    Packets Transferred: 23.45 Million
    Bytes Transferred: 1.66 GiB
    Out:
    Packets Transferred: 85.25 Million
    Bytes Transferred: 7.88 GiB

Total Client Connections: 768 (not unique)

Race Icons:
    Humans: 24
    Norn: 15
    Charr: 12
    Sylvari: 4
    Asura: 5

Class Icons:
    Warriors: 7
    Mesmer: 10
    Engineer: 14
    Elementalist: 13
    Theif: 10