BUT I HAVE THE POWER

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ahahha wow

dead last

BUT I HAVE THE POWER

I got double your score! I am twice as good!
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    TLB: How do you want to split the players. We can hold a draft tomorrow evening (I'll have the spreadsheet up by RAW tomorrow), if you will be around for a couple hours during the show.

let's make it mean

we'll just have the list and take turns picking

out in the open

That's what I was going for. Will you be available to do this during Raw tomorrow?

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    ahahha wow

dead last

BUT I HAVE THE POWER

TLB: How do you want to split the players. We can hold a draft tomorrow evening (I'll have the spreadsheet up by RAW tomorrow), if you will be around for a couple hours during the show.

let's make it mean

out in the open

That's what I was going for. Will you be available to do this during Raw tomorrow?

sure I could do it

but we need to do it like the wwe draft

announce the top twenty

then in a tagline at the end OH AND WE ALSO HAVE ALL THESE GUYS where we just like, split the list in half and take one

to be double spiteful

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Wooo. At least I wasn't worst.

• Options
    ahahha wow

dead last

BUT I HAVE THE POWER

let's make it mean

out in the open

sure I could do it

but we need to do it like the wwe draft

announce the top twenty

then in a tagline at the end OH AND WE ALSO HAVE ALL THESE GUYS where we just like, split the list in half and take one

to be double spiteful

Sounds good. I'll have the Season 3 spreadsheet up. That's who we can draft from, but be sure to scout their abilities using the lifetime sheet. Or don't. I care not.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I am literally only going to pick people I'll have fun messing with

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man I need to avoid wrestling forums other than this one for the next few days. The debates about Cena going over are getting downright nasty. Oddly enough the major wrestling sites like PWInsider and 411mania are giving the event high praises so I guess they aren't that upset with the main event finish.

Personally though I still think Lesnar should have gone over. I know it would have been the "safe" option but what do you do with Brock now? It's not like he'll be on TV every week to regain his cred after the loss. Hell he might not even be on PPV next month unless they have him face Punk for the WWE title. On the other hand this does lead to potential rematches between the two down the line.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    I would have though that the match would have been overbooked (Otunga interfering, etc.) to screw over Cena and give the Lesnar the win

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the internet's reaction to this is my favorite thing

that mrosko dude from cageside seats is saying that he might have to stop covering wrestling because he hates the booking decision so much

to which I say

lol

• Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    I would have though that the match would have been overbooked (Otunga interfering, etc.) to screw over Cena and give the Lesnar the win

Yeah I'm glad that didn't happen. I want my wrestling PPV main events to have clean finishes.

• Options
    actually looking at his twitter...he's from my area

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    yeah why the heck aren't you guys pushing the guest star over the actual wrestler

jeez

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    I'll also say that I'm intrigued to see what happens on Raw now. Probably wouldn't have happened if Cena lost.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sometimes you're good and sometimes you get paired up with the person who gets everything right. I love riding coattails.

I'm going to have to see this show.

Magell on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Man I need to avoid wrestling forums other than this one for the next few days. The debates about Cena going over are getting downright nasty. Oddly enough the major wrestling sites like PWInsider and 411mania are giving the event high praises so I guess they aren't that upset with the main event finish.

Personally though I still think Lesnar should have gone over. I know it would have been the "safe" option but what do you do with Brock now? It's not like he'll be on TV every week to regain his cred after the loss. Hell he might not even be on PPV next month unless they have him face Punk for the WWE title. On the other hand this does lead to potential rematches between the two down the line.

Well yes, we aren't that insane.

Also our instant analysis isn't even up (and I know because I'm contributing this time).

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    remember when everyone was like HEY WHY'D YOU HAVE CENA LOSE TO ROCK THIS IS STUPID

well

• Options
    Also it would be smart if Brock destroys Cena tomorrow and gives him a good excuse for taking time off. Then he can come back later in the year and we can have Cena/Brock II.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    It seems some people think the draft won't happen this year because of the Raw Supershow format.

• Options
    One more thing before I'm off to bed, I think if Cena is healed up by then the rematch should happen at Summerslam. Brock/Orton could still happen but Brock/Cena II would draw much better IMO.

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    It seems some people think the draft won't happen this year because of the Raw Supershow format.

Again, they already announced the draft would take place in June.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Well yes, we aren't that insane.

Also our instant analysis isn't even up (and I know because I'm contributing this time).

Well, if you want the insane perspective, I'm unhappy with the finish and my column is up as well. Why settle for the non-insane ranting option?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    If they have Brock go out and destroy people for a few months, then have Cena come back from injury as the only guy to beat him since his return, it could be awesome.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    If Cena was leaving for a while, why not have him put Brock over? That seems awfully silly.

• Options
    Brock Lesnar does not need to be "put over"

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    the match was beneficial to both guys because it was a good, brutal match

nobody lost anything here, not that they could anyway

people like Cena and Lesnar are way beyond "pushes"

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

Actually, yes, he does. He hasn't been in the WWE ring for 8 years. The majority of Cena's fans (and the audience WWE has been targeting since they made Cena their top guy) don't really know Brock Lesnar except from UFC, if their parents let them watch that. They missed an opportunity here, I think.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Actually, yes, he does. He hasn't been in the WWE ring for 8 years. The majority of Cena's fans (and the audience WWE has been targeting since they made Cena their top guy) don't really know Brock Lesnar except from UFC, if their parents let them watch that. They missed an opportunity here, I think.

Don't be stupid. They know who Brock Lesnar is, and if they don't their parents do, so either way the majority of the audience knows Brock.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Lesnar came out of the match looking like a total beast.

• Options
    I think it could have been a more effective start to Brock's comeback to have him beat Cena and win and knock him out of competition from the beating he gave him. And then after Cena finishes filming Marine 3 and comes back they can have round 2.

• Options
    Also, since I don't know if its been posted here:

WWE Studios and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment have come to terms on a new deal that will produce three new straight to DVD projects, according to Deadline.com. The Marine 3 will be one of those movies. John Cena is confirmed to be reprising his role of John Triton in The Marine Homefront. The first Marine movie from 2006 featuring Cena was WWE studios most successful project generating over $18 million in revenue.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    If the cena/lesnar match is voided today on raw would that mean my no contest pick is correct?

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    If the cena/lesnar match is voided today on raw would that mean my no contest pick is correct?

Nope.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Now that was a damn fine PPV. They even got Cena massive pop in Chicago of all places, things were being done right. (Except my picking, but that's about standard for the course these days)

Also, summary of the final match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQvB6OjHOU

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Nope.

Boooooooooooooooooo! This is bullshit. *Clap* *Clap* *ClapClapClap*. Screwed by management yet again.

As I posted last week I honestly couldn't see Cena losing but I thought they'd want to protect Brock so No Contest was the only option left for me. Should have stuck to my first instinct.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Good PPV for me. Just missed the Brock/Cena match. I should just always pick opposite my gut in these type of matches. I had Cena win at WM and Brock win here. Then again, I like logical booking.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Like literally everything I felt should have happened didn't. I figured Big Show to retain so Cody could maybe move to the main event. Jericho to beat Punk to keep the feud going (two wins for Punk pretty much cements him as the best in the world now). Kane beating Orton (okay I really should have saw this coming. I guess the rubber band match will be the next ppv). And Brock beating Cena in an effort to have Cena fall as far as he can before supermaning to the top.

Next PPV I got to stop guessing expectations and just go with what creative is thinking :(

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Cena winning was pretty obvious. He was being booked losing to guys like Tensei while Brock was doing re-run interviews being a total jerk and talking about piss. Reading about the contract signing cemented it for me, since there was no way they'd change the name of RAW. Maybe its just me but underdog Cena beating superjerk Brock seemed like such a sure thing.

@The Lovely Bastard @EvilBadman: @Bedlam and @Hullis clearly need to invoke our rematch clause next PPV. How about a simple 2 on 2 match?

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Cena winning was pretty obvious. He was being booked losing to guys like Tensei while Brock was doing re-run interviews being a total jerk and talking about piss. Reading about the contract signing cemented it for me, since there was no way they'd change the name of RAW. Maybe its just me but underdog Cena beating superjerk Brock seemed like such a sure thing.

That was the giant awooga alarm that made me realise Brock was not going to win.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Show and Lesnar were the ones I missed and a couple of small questions. Kinda disappointed that Kharma didn't show though. *shrugs* It's still early in the season and I'm in form to get back a title being the longest reigning D&D Champ OF ALL TIME! *does Booker T spin-a-roonie!*

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    AAaaand Striker already makes Botchamania claiming it's the first time they've ever had a championship match on the pre-show.

Have they? When?
    The Tag Team belts were defended on the WrestleMania pre-show.

Ahahahahahaha... but seriously, though.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
This discussion has been closed.