Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Is it possible to buy a game as a gift, but use it yourself?

I know my dad might like the A-10 sim, but not sure if he can or will play it.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Is it possible to buy a game as a gift, but use it yourself?

I know my dad might like the A-10 sim, but not sure if he can or will play it.

I think you can purchase it 'as a gift' and put it in your inventory.

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Yup. Just make sure to send it to your inventory at checkout when you gift it.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Reverge Lab's Lovecraftian Horror/Cartoon/Tittyfest hardcore 2d fighting game Skullgirls is coming to PC any way you want it:
    The PC version of Skullgirls will be available for download through GameFly, GamersGate, GameStop PC Downloads, Origin TM, and Steam.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/169634/Skullgirls_to_Rush_Down_on_PC__in_2012.php

The dev confirmed no GFWL either.

I recently came across this game and thought it looked interesting. I was wondering what the chance was of it coming to PC, and here we are now!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    skullgirls rules, i'd buy it again if i thought my PC could do 60 frames reliably

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Is SkullGirls that 2D anime sprite looking fighter? I can't look it up at work...

Thanks for the heads up about my gifting scenario, guys.

• Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    The Sega Genesis Classics Pack 5 is available!

...and doesn't include PS 1.

Was that terrible or something? I was looking forward to playing the series

But Streets of Rage 3 is included! Finally, Sega. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    Slimcea wrote: »
    Well that pretty much killed my interest in the bundle. If you're adverse Origin do note that Warp requires an Origin account apparently.

Probably just going to pick up Shank 2.

I've pretty much given up on buying anything EA now. It absolutely blows my mind how a company can treat the consumer base so blatantly bad and with contempt and still be in business. Just recently they announced Rockband will no longer be playable on iOS as of May 31. So those people who bought it will be SOL.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    thejaxx wrote: »
    Well that pretty much killed my interest in the bundle. If you're adverse Origin do note that Warp requires an Origin account apparently.

I've pretty much given up on buying anything EA now. It absolutely blows my mind how a company can treat the consumer base so blatantly bad and with contempt and still be in business. Just recently they announced Rockband will no longer be playable on iOS as of May 31. So those people who bought it will be SOL.

Apparently that's not the case, just bad reporting.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    Oh, Streets of Rage 3... It's no Final Fight, but the music is wonderful and the lighting effects in the disco section will melt eyes. :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Adda wrote: »

Here's the notification they sent out
    acZEd.jpg

Here's the one they sent out later
    r9nyo.jpg

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    Adda wrote: »

Here's the notification they sent out
    acZEd.jpg

Here's the one they sent out later
    r9nyo.jpg

A backlash switch then. Still it's going to continue to be playable.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    nessin wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    For a second there I thought a port of Infinite Space was coming to Steam but I have no idea of what to think about Endless Space.

Sounds cool to me, how have I never heard of this before?

I just picked it up today, and it looks awesome. And if the current build is what they call an Alpha, I'd hate to imagine what the finished product will be. I've only had a couple hours to explore and play, but it has a ton of interesting mechanics to it. Battles are played out by selecting "cards" (strategies) for three phases (engagement ranges), and the card provides a bonus or negative if countered. Combat itself is real time but all you do is select the card and the rest plays out by itself in a cool little cutscene style fight where you watch each fleet slowly angle towards each other firing all the while. The main game itself is turn-based where you bundle your on-map units into fleets as a single unit, and systems are actually systems which can contain multiple planets. They also seperate out some buildings/improvements on a per planet basis and some on a per system basis, actually a whole lot like MoO3 but without all the ridiculous over-detail and forced AI control. Actually when I think about it now I'd almost describe the whole game as MoO3 done right.

Anyway, you should all buy the game right now if for no other reason than the UI designer needs a long and fruitful career in the industry. The UI, despite a few niggles here and there, is amazing.

So the combat doesn't control like an RTS? My interest level jusr shot up.

How do you get the cards? Research? Race specific? Exploration?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    skullgirls rules, i'd buy it again if i thought my PC could do 60 frames reliably

I think RAM would matter most, like Rayman Origins.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    MoorkusMoorkus Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    So the combat doesn't control like an RTS? My interest level jusr shot up.
    How do you get the cards? Research? Race specific? Exploration?

I played Endless Space for a couple of hours last night (or to be honest, I “just one more turn”-ed it to 4 in the morning).

Yeah combat is more like watching a movie of the fleets nuking it out as they close in on each other really, you get to play strategic cards during the preparation phase that are activated during the 3 different combat phases, then you sit back and watch the show basically.
    1 card plays during the long range phase (where torpedos / missiles are king), 1 during mid range (oh god so many beam weapons) and 1 during melee (kinetic weapons hurt like hell).

Each card has some bonus (like 40% more kinetic damage, or repairs x% hp or reduces enemy fleet accuracy by x% etc), a family of cards it counters and a bonus effect you get if you picked a card that counters the card the enemy played during that phase.

The new card types I unlocked where from research, in the applied sciences tech tree I think, and some technologies are race specific so there could be race specific cards, I haven't looked to see if that is the case though. I played the locust/bug-dudes and they didn't appear to have any cards as racial traits at lest.

I agree with nessin about the UI, it looks pretty fantastic, and I can't wait to play the game some more tonight.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Rather good deal on Renegade Ops over at Gamersgate right now: 5 bucks for the game, or 10 bucks for the 4 pack.

Single: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ROPS/renegade-ops?caff=3884871
    4-pack http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-ROPS4P/renegade-ops-four-pack-bundle?caff=3884871

Steamworks, so registers on Steam. DLC is also on sale.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    What was that board game we were talking about in the chat yesterday that is like an adult, racist version of apples to apples?

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    What was that board game we were talking about in the chat yesterday that is like an adult, racist version of apples to apples?

I wasn't there, but it sounds like Cards Against Humanity.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular

Cards Against Humanity

cardsagainsthumanity.com

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    I got Dustforce yesterday, but didn't play it much. I'm kind of disappointed that it doesn't automatically recognize a 360 controller. Sure, it can be configured easily enough, but I guess I've been spoiled by games that already have a control configuration set up with the 360 pad.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Yup, that was the card game - thanks guys.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    New Indie Royale is up. Highlight is Dungeon Defenders. Also includes Containment: The Zombie Puzzler, Data Jammers, Brainpipe, and a non steam called Weird Worlds: A Return to Infinite Space (which actually looks fairly good).

Corpekata on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Weird Worlds is good fun. It's an epic space exploration game where whole games play out in 5-20 minutes. Lots of funny encounters and random events.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, that's a very good bundle.

Bought already. :D

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Beaten!

Get it for Dungeon Defenders.

ITS SO GOOD GUYS.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I guess the download of the Blades of Time demo is working now. Playing it changed my impression of the game from "might be cool" to "kinda bad".

• Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Not to seem ungrateful or what, but if they're going to tempt people to pay a higher amount with some music albums, they should really vary the genre of music being chosen. Because right now every indie bundle is throwing in chiptunes albums, and they're not everyone's piece of cake.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Yes, I suppose that's why it's optional.

• Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Well it was just a wish :) Plenty of really good non-chiptune stuff on bandcamp that could use some exposure.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So I want to buy the Royale bundle. First bundle for me, but for some reason, it declined my CC, so I tried PayPal as suggested. Same thing, won't process. One said something about international transfers. My CC isn't maxed or anything. Any ideas?

Edit: Tried a different CC. Worked. Guess they don't like my Best Buy CC. Cost me an extra few cents. Oh well.

b1rdman on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    signature.png

Just thought I'd throw that out, about half a day more to go!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Are these individual keys? I have DD and if I buy this bundle, will I be able to gift it out? Containment tickles my fancy which is what I'd primarily get this bundle for.

Also, mf'ing Arkham City is $15 for the weekend deal. My preference for this one is on the 360 and not being involved in GFWL at all, but some of you guys might like this platform better.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Weekend deals:
    Batman: Arkham City at 50% off for $14.99
    Sanctum has a free weekend, selling for 75% off at $2.49

Today's daily deal is Transformers: War for Cybertron at 75% off, bringing it down to $7.49

• Options
    Pretty solid weekend deals. Batman AC 50 percent off as well as DLC, Batman AA 66 percent off. Sanctum free weekend and 75 percent off (also DLCs).

Daily deal is Transformers for 7.50. Pretty good deals all around. Want Transformers but just spent all my money on my incoming PC so will probably have to wait until the summer sale.

• Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Are these individual keys? I have DD and if I buy this bundle, will I be able to gift it out? Containment tickles my fancy which is what I'd primarily get this bundle for.

Also, mf'ing Arkham City is $15 for the weekend deal. My preference for this one is on the 360 and not being involved in GFWL at all, but some of you guys might like this platform better.

Individual. Generally the only bundle that lumps keys together is Humble.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I've been waiting on a deal for transformers, looked fun. Hopefully UK price is good.

• Options
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I've been waiting on a deal for transformers, looked fun. Hopefully UK price is good.

It's actually slightly cheaper in the UK, coming to roughly 6.00 USD. In fact looks like this is one of the rare times the US gets to pay the most for a game.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I am the predictor of sales!

Seriously. I've been wanting Arkham city for ages now, and BAM, sale...

Now I just need to cough together the dosh for it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Oh no...

All the Sanctum DLC is on sale too...

• Options
    madnessnewbmadnessnewb Registered User regular
    Oooh..Batman AC! Too bad it's not available in my region, even though AA is O_o

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.