Options

Legend of Korra: Outside The Law, The Promise Comes Out May 30th

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Is episode 5 not on Nick.com yet? I thought they had it up pretty quickly last week.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Avraham wrote: »
    moocow wrote: »
    I really like when this show subverts typical, tropey character reaction scenes. It happens a lot, but the two that stood out the most were on the dock with Korra and Tenzin in episode 1
    When he says, "wait, you can stay" most cartoon girls would jump up around his neck and hug him. The scene was staged for them to do that. But instead she picks up all his kids and then him. Awesome.

The second was today after Mako and Korra
    kissed. You just knew Bolin was going to have seen it, and would probably be staring at them with a shocked face. Which is exactly what happened. Then a show would usually cut to commercials. Instead, he full on bawls with snot and tears and everything. THEN they cut to commercial. Beautiful.

Also, I laughed so much in the first ~quarter of this episode. Man, this show is so good. How is it so good? I wish every show were this good.
    I was SO sure Asami was going to have seen the kiss

Bolin and Pabu drowning on noodles very much reminded me of the Spongebob movie

Man it was great

All of them are sympathetic and likeable, they all acted like real people and not cliches, it was funny, wasn't melodramatic, and the probending was exciting
    Imagine if their kiss was actually photographed and made print. The in-Universe backlash would be hilarious.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    oh shiiiiiit
    those aren't the kiyoshi warriors

there more like the azuyoshi warriors

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Is episode 5 not on Nick.com yet? I thought they had it up pretty quickly last week.

PANIC

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Last week it wasn't up until midweek, the week before it was up during/right after the airing. If the upload's around the same time as last week's that'll basically establish the uploading pattern for the rest of the season.

Opty on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    BugBoy wrote: »
    oh shiiiiiit
    those aren't the kiyoshi warriors

there more like the azuyoshi warriors
    I love you, BugBoy.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I'm not worthy of love

I used the wrong they're

how could I overlook that....

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    BuggyBoy

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Go Team Koko!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    BuggerBoy
    :winky:

Antimatter on
  • Options
    iroh is the best
    doesn't even skip a beat when azula shows up

just straight into Dragon of the West mode

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Asami
    didn't do much in this episode except be sickeningly adorable with Mako

when's she gonna show off her secret moped kung fu

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    done with season 2
    fuck you zuko

you dick

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So I just started watching this show (the first one) after a bunch of recommendations, and it's pretty alright so far, halfway through the first season.

However I also just watched the first episode of Korra, and that looks like it's going to be awesome. Does anyone know if Nick is putting the episodes up on their site on a rotating basis (last X episodes), or if they're going to be around for awhile?

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    waterbottleswaterbottles Beverage KentuckyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    moocow wrote: »
    The second was today after Mako and Korra
    kissed. You just knew Bolin was going to have seen it, and would probably be staring at them with a shocked face. Which is exactly what happened. Then a show would usually cut to commercials. Instead, he full on bawls with snot and tears and everything. THEN they cut to commercial. Beautiful.

Also, I laughed so much in the first ~quarter of this episode. Man, this show is so good. How is it so good? I wish every show were this good.

I watched the episode earlier on the DVR of a relative's house:
    When it switched to Bolin's face, I pressed Forward on the remote fully expecting it to be a commercial, but then I saw the scene was still going and pressed rewind. That was absolutely classic! I did not expect not to cut to commercial and just see poor Bolin crying like that. Aw, he hee.

waterbottles on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    done with season 2
    fuck you zuko

you dick
    oh man next season is going to rock your tiny 10-chambered heart

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ep 5
    noooo korra made bolin cry I will never forgive her

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    done with season 2
    fuck you zuko

you dick
    That was what I thought the first time I saw it. In retrospect, I think it makes more sense this way. When I think about what it would take for me to betray my country, it's a lot more than what Zuko goes through during season 2. Especially if I were to consider that, if I left, Azula would eventually be put in charge.

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    I really do hope this isn't the end of Bolin's feelings for Korra. Not to drag it out, but I feel he deserves more from her than just a healed shoulder and a "You're one of a kind." If she's going to reject him she should do it plainly and be nice about it.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    just caught the latest episode
    man I felt so bad for Bolin! he totally rocked that tiebreaker match. also the moment where he forgives Korra was a really nice little moment.

I felt bad for Korra but at the same time I was being angry at her, being a teenager is dumb. I really hope this episode means we can leave relationships behind for a while.

I didn't think Mako was being a jerk like some of you guys, but he definitely isn't any better at making decisions than Korra is.

also I kind of like the theory somebody had that Lin is the woman Tenzin left Pema for. I'm not sure it's right, but it would definitely be interesting.

also, speculation about next episode:
    I think next episode is the finals. I'm pretty sure Amon is going to attack during the finals based on some of the teaser footage we've seen, and that fallout from that is going to spark the second half of the season.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    hm well I never really got that
    Korra was into Mako.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Korra was into Mako.

In the Revelation tenzin's daughters imply that she's talked about him to them

• Options
    the only real complaint about this episode I have is the lack of Tenzin

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    There are Limon shippers at large. Be aware.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    done with season 2
    fuck you zuko

you dick
    That was what I thought the first time I saw it. In retrospect, I think it makes more sense this way. When I think about what it would take for me to betray my country, it's a lot more than what Zuko goes through during season 2. Especially if I were to consider that, if I left, Azula would eventually be put in charge.
    Had he stayed it would have played out the same way. Unless he was able to convince Ozai that he'd be a better ruler than her he had no shot at taking the Firelord throne.

• Options
    Korra was into Mako.
    Me, either. Until the last 2 episodes she kept that to herself very well.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I knew this sort of episode was coming, but man, I dunno. Teen feelings

• Options
    edited May 2012
    done with season 2
    fuck you zuko

you dick
    Had he stayed it would have played out the same way. Unless he was able to convince Ozai that he'd be a better ruler than her he had no shot at taking the Firelord throne.
    Yeah but Zuko still thinks that bringing Ozai the Avatar would make his father happy. It's consistent with his character, is what I'm saying. Although at first I would have been un-shocked to see Zuko join the Avatar in the S2 finale, thinking back on it I'd have been disappointed.
    And this one should not be read by anyone who hasn't seen the whole series:
    As it is, Zuko's defection occurred at precisely the right time IMO. It takes seeing your country about to do something completely and unspeakably evil to commit to a permanent betrayal like that.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    My only complaint about Zuko defecting was that it took so long that there wasn't a lot of time to see him with the rest of the team

• Options
    Korra was into Mako.

Really?
    Did you forget the scene in episode 3 when Jinora was all "Is that the dreamy fire nation boy you've been talking about?" and then Korra is all flustered and awkward?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Yeah but Zuko still thinks that bringing Ozai the Avatar would make his father happy. It's consistent with his character, is what I'm saying. Although at first I would have been un-shocked to see Zuko join the Avatar in the S2 finale, thinking back on it I'd have been disappointed.

That's true.
    And this one should not be read by anyone who hasn't seen the whole series:
    As it is, Zuko's defection occurred at precisely the right time IMO. It takes seeing your country about to do something completely and unspeakably evil to commit to a permanent betrayal like that.

Agreed.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    And how the ending of the premiere draws a parallel between them, staring out at the city night

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Korra was into Mako.

Really?
    Did you forget the scene in episode 3 when Jinora was all "Is that the dreamy fire nation boy you've been talking about?" and then Korra is all flustered and awkward?
    I parsed that line as korra had physically described mako and the girls were taking the opportunity of teasing her

I dunno I was kinda hoping korra was enough of a meathead to have the show ignore the love triangle potential
    but really that was rather foolish of me

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    what did hakoda do to get such ire from his daughter

is she just doing the teenage thing

• Options
    Korra was into Mako.
    Me, either. Until the last 2 episodes she kept that to herself very well.

Huh? Man that was getting telegraphed from, like, the first time she met him.

• Options
    what did hakoda do to get such ire from his daughter

is she just doing the teenage thing
    personally I really liked that scene

Katara knows rationally that her father left for good reasons, but at the same time she was something like ten years old and no matter why he left, he was leaving her, and that hurt in a way that isn't really fair, but is entirely believable

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

poo
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Goatmon wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

It'll probably be Monday.

Fencingsax on
This discussion has been closed.