As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legend of Korra: Outside The Law, The Promise Comes Out May 30th

Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri LibrarianRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Social Entropy++
iSKCwHzeDGIgJ.jpg

First Thread
Second Thread

Legend of Korra is the show that continues the hit series that was Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's pretty good, so if you have the chance check it out on Nick Saturdays @ 11 or on your favorite VOD stores a while later you really should. Also check out the original series on Netflix instant or just buy the DVDs, you won't be disappointed.

Characters:
Korra

ib2n3rvoWXHmSK.jpg
Voiced by Janet Varney

Korra is the new Avatar and you're going to have to deal with that. Born in the southern water tribe, she learned how to control water, fire and earth at a very young age and as the show starts she is going to Republic City to learn from Tenzin about how to control air. She's brash and doesn't really like to think things through preferring to just hit it with brute force. She is rarely seen without her faithful polar bear dog Naga.

Tenzin

izV1Tr1bffJ1c.jpg
Voiced by J.K. Simmons

Avatar Aang's youngest son, he teaches the art of Airbending. Always trying to remain calm, his patience is constantly tested by not only Avatar Korra but by his children, all of which are Airbenders.

Bolin

ibwOpiSysdhZei.jpg
Voiced by P.J. Byrne

An Earthbender who grew up on the streets of Republic City with his older brother Mako. Despite his hard life growing up he always has a grin on his face and a lady on his arm. He also founded his own pro bending team "The Fire Ferrets" named after his pet.

Mako

ib1xgAFSSmNZ7H.jpg
Voiced by David Faustino

Mako is the older brother of Bolin, more hardened by life on the street then his brother, he is willing to do anything to get them a better life, joining in the pro bending tournaments for the prize money.

Chief Lin Bei Fong

iKxcxOa3ODYLq.jpg
Voiced by Mindy Sterling

Daughter of Toph Bei Fong, Lin has risen through the ranks of the Republic City Police to become the chief. Even though she and Korra are on the same side she views Korra as Republic City's biggest threat and seeks to push her out.

Amon

iWCc4YSpvJJsd.jpg
Voiced by Steve Blum

Not much is know about Amon other the fact that he hates benders, seeking to wipe them out with the help of his group, the Equalists.

We are going to argue in this thread, BFL and Bug Boy will tell us how great Avatar: The Last Airbender is and we may talk about Korra.

2ohWien.png
Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
Ms Dapper on

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Gunbending

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular

archibald%20jackson%20-%20bee%20on%20sunflower%20leaf.jpg

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Has it been confirmed that there is there a new episode this week?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that there is there a new episode this week?

Should be, next week is the hiatus week.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    uuuuughhhhhiatus

• Options
    Skull Man wrote: »
    archibald%20jackson%20-%20bee%20on%20sunflower%20leaf.jpg

clever

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    I'm still sometimes amazed at what a meathead Korra is. She literally tries to solve problems by headbutting them.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    Jumping back to last thread, I thought the downfall of Azula was amazing...
    right down to the very last whimper you hear leave her mouth. That frantic I'm scarred and furious at the same time gasp that you can hear being pushed through her teeth..just makes me look at her with such disgust. I love feeling that kind of emotion at a fictional character.

I agree that I think it's her friends betrayal that starts rocking the boat of her sanity. True that the perfectionist probably took a hit, but I think it was the logical fallacy that confuses her more. To her, she was on the winning team, and the MVP, yet for some reason, a person who has always been looked down on compared to her, is someone earning more and more respect/compassion/love. She can't see the logic behind it.

Girl broke down from a syntax error.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    a big part of understanding the ozai/azula relationship is remembering that azula, like ozai, was the second-born

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    starting season two

for once the avatar crew shows up and everyone is all "YES THE AVATAR AND ALL OF HIS AWESOME FRIENDS"

things are looking up

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I can't stop listening to this track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8lZY1gZVOk

Loving the fact they used authentic 20s slang.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    How long is the hiatus supposed to last?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I love how they do the "previously on" bit for this show. Very clever and fun!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options

Four to six months.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Oh man, they are going to drop a HUGE cliffhanger on us aren't they?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

Four to six months.

I think rolo is lying

hope rolo is lying

gonna blame rolo if it's true

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Rolo always lies

Rolo always lies

Rolo always lies

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Kinda hoping Rolo is right, just because the wailing and gnashing that will be coming from people who take their cartoons far too seriously will never not be hilarious

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Corporate Logo I need to you to go stand by this wall for a minute, no no stand on the tarp that's fine

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »

Four to six months.

I think rolo is lying

hope rolo is lying

gonna blame rolo if it's true

just talked to Brian Konnectso and he's not even sure if he should release the next episode

because SOME PEOPLE are saying maksami is the canon ship when it CLEARLY should be korrlin

so he's going to stop drawing new episodes until those shippers agree with me/him

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE HIM DO YOU ASSHOLES

Brolo on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Joff ruins everything

• Options
    Chief Bei Fong/The Law OTP

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    wait

korrlin?

you're shipping korra and tenzin?

what is the matter with you

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    what if

what if

speculation
    that dude aang had to use force to take down was toph's husband

WHAT IF

• Options
    Skull Man wrote: »
    wait

korrlin?

you're shipping korra and tenzin?

what is the matter with you

KORRA AND BOLIN BAKA GAIJIN

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    Yes, this. The announcer guy is great.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    BugBoy wrote: »
    what if

what if

speculation

WHAT IF

Toph carved Chief Bei Fong from the living rock and then Aang energy bent her to life

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, this. The announcer guy is great.

Jeff Bennett is great in everything I've seen him in.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    man I'm only just beginning season 2

but how did anyone ever think zutara was a thing

the only times they've met they were trying to kick the crap out of each other

meanwhile, kataang is being telegraphed so hard the western union operator has to go to his boss to fix the machine

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    As for Azula.
    I think Ursa had a very difficult choice as a mother.
    She could probably never hope to match the influence Azulon and Ozai would have on Azula. Add that with Azulas predisposition towards violence and cruelty...well. If Azula had been the only child Ursa probably would have tried to make the best of it, and while Azula probably wouldn't be a super swell person she would probably have been a little less crazy.
    Zuko on the other hand. He cared. He was twisted by his desire to "regain his honor", but before that he was a pretty nice guy. However, that and "not super ultra talented" (or rather, talented, but a bit clumsy) is not something good if you're the son of a ambitious father.
    To top it all up. Azula had the makings of a monster, but a monster that fit right in with Fire nation culture (a culture that was quite acceptant of atrocities in the name of martial excellence and perfectionism in general. In a single word "Driven", even their firebending is fueled by ambitions and drive. The more driven you are, the stronger your bending is).
    Zuko on the other hand REALLY needed his mother. Not to become a nice person, but to survive at all. Without Ursa he would have been crazy or dead.
    Or at least I think Ursa believed that. If Ursa had been a different kind of mother I at least hope that Iroh would have stepped in and adopted Zuko like he practically did once Ursa was gone and Zuko got banished

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    People see what they want to see

Then ignore all evidence to the contrary

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    what if

what if

speculation

WHAT IF

Toph carved Chief Bei Fong from the living rock and then Aang energy bent her to life

Toph formed Chief Lin Bei Fong out of the mud and clay on the shores of Kyoshi Island.

TankHammer on
  • Options

meanwhile, kataang is being telegraphed so hard the western union operator has to go to his boss to fix the machine

There is exactly one scene in the last or second to last episode of season 2 where there is even the most remote "support" for zutara

But I'm pretty sure skullman summed it up best: shippers crushing on zuko identified with katara the most as a character and decided she should totally jerk-bend him

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    no

more

shipping

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    no

more

shipping

geek

ship me my shirt

• Options
    I ship Shawn and Gus

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    This is a bad time to share my Makklin hurt/comfort fic, then?

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    ZUKO

DO NOT STEAL THAT BIRDHORSE

YOU DICK

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

There is exactly one scene in the last or second to last episode of season 2 where there is even the most remote "support" for zutara

But I'm pretty sure skullman summed it up best: shippers crushing on zuko identified with katara the most as a character and decided she should totally jerk-bend him

personally I think a lot of it is the cliche of the "good girl" and the "bad boy" getting together is what made people think it would happen

like a beauty and the beast thing

• Options
    ZUKO

DO NOT STEAL THAT BIRDHORSE

YOU DICK
    No matter how many times I watch that episode, my response is always the same:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0

Currently Playing:
This discussion has been closed.