Options

[ARMA 2] A new thread because we have a server!

• Options
    lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Latest beta patch here guys.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Install it, and it'll put a shortcut in your ARMA folder called "run ARMA beta" or some shit.

lu tze on
    World's best janitor
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Dram wrote: »
    The dev that created the mod is now asking players what they'd like to see if DayZ was developed into a full game.

Ha. I did say I could see this as a standalone game, didn't I?

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I like what I've seen of it I'd be the hell out of a stand alone Day Z game.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I guess BIS has seen what Rocket's work has done for Arma sales, and since Rocket is on the BIS team we may see a real Day Z game out of this.

That's totally exciting.

• Options
    ThendashThendash Registered User regular
    All this ArmA talk and I'm still the only one ever in P.A. Joe chat. If you ever want to play arma dayz or vanilla, just hop in the chat and we can organize some stuff. I remember when we used to do 10 man missions, it was great.

• Options
    Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'd join you but I have School to do. I would be down for a small mission though. I miss the night clusterfucks.

Doctor Deimos on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    ARMA CO is now number 5 in Steam top sellers. That's pretty impressive.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    Suds wrote: »

#3 now. I wonder if it'll reach top spot, all thanks to a mod?

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

Yeah. I am really hoping a company swoops in. Polishes it up, but leaves it kind of old school hardcore and stable.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BIS would totally do that.

I had my first experience with the mod yesterday; killed a bandit within 10 minutes. I'll write up a little summary later.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Wait, the DayZ dev works for BIS?

Please to be making a proper version of this for ArmA 3.

Or heck, just make it a low-price stand-alone title with the ArmA engine.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    Wait, the DayZ dev works for BIS?

Please to be making a proper version of this for ArmA 3.

Or heck, just make it a low-price stand-alone title with the ArmA engine.

No. Thats just that guy aboves hopes right?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    Oh god all the buildings in Arma 3 are supposed to be enterable.

Wants it so bad.

Luckily I think he plans to at least port it as a mod, but yea, I would gladly pay money for that if it meant a more polished experience.

• Options
    The DayZ dev is also a BIS dev.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

I hope BIS is taking notes here.

• Options
    Oh. yeah forget it. This will either be a game or a major deal shortly.

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Would any of you who are using the ARMA 22 beta patch and playing Days mind posting the target line from your beta shortcut?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »

Yeah, he used to work for Krome Studios (or Stupidos, as he put it) and Lucasarts too. That would be The Force Unleashed, I guess? Anyway he's said he's taken this idea around to different developers and publishers before, and they just didn't get it.

Also Rocket has said that everything in Day Z also works on the current build of the Arma 3 engine...

Drake on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Drake wrote: »

Yeah, he used to work for Krome Studios (or Stupidos, as he put it) and Lucasarts too. That would be The Force Unleashed, I guess? Anyway he's said he's taken this idea around to different developers and publishers before, and they just didn't get it.

Also Rocket has said that everything in Day Z also works on the current build of the Arma 3 engine...

Concept proved now though right? One would think companies would see that it has legs.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    This is neat, but they really need to find a way for you to meet up with your friends easier in-game.

• Options
    Well, he has put up a Poll thread up on his forum now titled "IF this was an actual game..." where he's asking his community for feedback on what kind of pricing structure (MMO, F2P, One Time Purchase, Monthly Sub, No Monthly Sub etc) and what kind of development that they'd like to see (community driven, studio driven, kickstarter etc).

Personally I'd like to see this either developed independently by Rocket or done at BIS and delivered as a DLC/Expansion for Arma 3 with dedicated servers. If BIS lets this get away from them it'll be a moment for epic facepalm.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    hoooppppefully gonna get arma 2 co tommorow

looking forward to playing this

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Do I need anything beyond the base game? Any mods or something to game with you guys?

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    you just need arma 2 and the main expansion (operation arrowhead), or the combined version (arma: co)

then you can find the mod files here:

http://www.dayzmod.com/downloads.php

• Options
    Personally I'd like to see this either developed independently by Rocket or done at BIS and delivered as a DLC/Expansion for Arma 3 with dedicated servers. If BIS lets this get away from them it'll be a moment for epic facepalm.

I want something I can play local at a LAN or online with buddies in a controlled environment (ie, FF/PVP as a toggle). I'd play it either standalone or as a mode for ArmA 3.

• Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    finally I'm becoming a crafty consumer!
    I got arma 2 when it was 8 bucks on steam a year ago and didn't get too much out of it

last week though, I got Arma 2: reinforcements from amazon for $11
    and seems to have acquired combined ops (even the arrowhead campaign?!) plus both dlcs.

So if you can wait for a physical copy, and already have arma 2, getting reinforcements might not be a bad deal.

rRootagea on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    rRootagea wrote: »
    finally I'm becoming a crafty consumer!
    I got arma 2 when it was 8 bucks on steam a year ago and didn't get too much out of it

last week though, I got Arma 2: reinforcements from amazon for $11 + 3.99
    and seems to have acquired combined ops (even the arrowhead campaign?!) plus both dlcs.

So if you can wait for a physical copy, and already have arma 2, getting reinforcements might not be a bad deal.

Got the whole schebang for 10 bucks on an amazon sale. Looooong ago. never even played it.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    nice!

so how do I actually meet up with people if I have no idea where I am

rRootagea on
  • Options
    Arma 2 mp is great times too. We've been playing some Domination missions in GotR chat lately and it's been a total blast. Even the single player campaigns, while buggy and a bit wonky with the AI at times, can yield some really great moments.

• Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Would any of you who are using the ARMA 22 beta patch and playing Days mind posting the target line from your beta shortcut?

Here is the shortcut I use:

"D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;pmc;d:\games\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\@dayz" -nosplash -winxp -noPau

My launcher generated that for me so I can't fully explain it. Obviously your paths could be different. -winxp is a thing I need to get my video cards to work in crossfire, no idea what -noPau is.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Arma 2 mp is great times too. We've been playing some Domination missions in GotR chat lately and it's been a total blast. Even the single player campaigns, while buggy and a bit wonky with the AI at times, can yield some really great moments.

Snot was asking me if there was a way to teleport to your team :lol:
    Apparently, he'd managed to get lost and the rest of the squad was a good few kilometres away. Also, were you guys playing vanilla or Dayz?

• Options
    We were playing regular Arma 2. Digi would throw up a Day Z server if they had a Linux build. But since it's Windows only I'm stuck mucking around trying to snag a connection when I can.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

I hope BIS is taking notes here.

They're well aware of the success of the mod and the increased sales it's brought. ARMA 3 isn't going to turn into a zombie game overnight, but I'd say there's a good chance this might be in A3 in some official capacity.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Here's mine: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash"

That's the one generated by the beta installer, I basically didn't touch it. I've no idea why it works, but it loads the dayz mod no problem. Sorry you were having problems last night.

I'm holed up near Stary Sobor right now, hopefully I can stay alive long enough to finally meet you guys face to face (as it were).
    Thendash wrote: »
    All this ArmA talk and I'm still the only one ever in P.A. Joe chat. If you ever want to play arma dayz or vanilla, just hop in the chat and we can organize some stuff. I remember when we used to do 10 man missions, it was great.
    I had no idea. We've been hanging around in one of the "brown shooter" vent channels.

I'm always up for some coop, most servers are pretty barren these days.

lu tze on
    World's best janitor
  • Options
    Huh. Turns out I'm pretty decent at flying an A-10, for a complete newbie. Dicked around in Evolution on Takistan and blew shit up for two hours.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    How does ArmA Free work again? Can they join a server running a mod/custom mission as long as there's no new content required?

Basically, wondering what my ArmA-less buddy can play together with me.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    No idea. You can try it for free though, no?

Just found a silenced pistol, and a silenced mp5 in dayz... oh, guess what? Servers not saving, just reloaded and I'm sat back where I was an hour ago with all my old guns!

/shakes fist

Oh well. I'd have only died anyway.

lu tze on
    World's best janitor
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    @Aiserou & @lu tze;

Thanks guys - I've cobbled up a few different ones that almost work, but for some reason the mod itself isn't loading (I'm getting the missing content for DayZfiles).

I'm thinking the issue is that it's either looking in the wrong location for the mod files or not loading it at all. Lu tze - I'm not even sure how yours is loading the mod to begin with! :P

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;pmc;C:\@dayz" -nosplash

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Does not work on free.

They are bringing up 5 new atl servers but are having issues keeping them up.

ALso US1-6 are NOT saving your progress.... so.... avoid them ...

1.5.6 is looking like it may be out as well... And it is and some nice changes!
    UPDATE : 8 MAY 2012
    Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.5.6
    * dayz_equip 1.2.2
    * dayz 1.2.3

Developer's Note:
    * Vehicle readded (disappeared due to code error)

Changelog:
    * [NEW] Zombies won't knock you down if you have nearly full blood pressure
    * [NEW] Server will sometimes remove a partially used magazine on disconnect
    * [NEW] Field Hospitals now lootable
    * [NEW] Sound alerts added to construction
    * [NEW] Military Pilot Zombies
    * [NEW] Berezno has 300 new environment items
    * [FIXED] Loot spawn taking alot longer than it should
    * [FIXED] Force Save vehicle option contains %1 and not name
    * [FIXED] Graphical glitches with Wire Fencing Kit and Wire Fence (sometimes)
    * [FIXED] Zombies often spawning very close to other players (may still happen but now much less)

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm thinking the issue is that it's either looking in the wrong location for the mod files or not loading it at all. Lu tze - I'm not even sure how yours is loading the mod to begin with! :P
    I honestly have no clue either. I only fired it up to see if the beta was working, fully expecting to have to edit the shortcut to get the mod working... and lo there was the little "dayz" text in the top right.

I use the Spirited Machine launcher for the normal game, so that might have something to do with it. But I'm not launching the beta with it. It's a mystery.
    Does not work on free.

They are bringing up 5 new atl servers but are having issues keeping them up.

ALso US1-6 are NOT saving your progress.... so.... avoid them ...

1.5.6 is looking like it may be out as well... And it is and some nice changes!
    UPDATE : 8 MAY 2012
    Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.5.6
    * dayz_equip 1.2.2
    * dayz 1.2.3

Developer's Note:
    * Vehicle readded (disappeared due to code error)

Changelog:
    * [NEW] Zombies won't knock you down if you have nearly full blood pressure
    * [NEW] Server will sometimes remove a partially used magazine on disconnect
    * [NEW] Field Hospitals now lootable
    * [NEW] Sound alerts added to construction
    * [NEW] Military Pilot Zombies
    * [NEW] Berezno has 300 new environment items
    * [FIXED] Loot spawn taking alot longer than it should
    * [FIXED] Force Save vehicle option contains %1 and not name
    * [FIXED] Graphical glitches with Wire Fencing Kit and Wire Fence (sometimes)
    * [FIXED] Zombies often spawning very close to other players (may still happen but now much less)
    Ah, military hospitals... nice. Always bugged me that those tents were all empty. And also that unlootable rack of AKs.

lu tze on
    World's best janitor