As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon Tournament: Blue Blue Wins!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Heh, even if I had the ability to edit the heal ball in, the (probably more mysterious) ultra ball mystery remains! Also the mystery of the not quite perfect ivs. Also lucario and the mystery of Mew. Pokemon are very mysterious indeed.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Shujin KatanaShujin Katana ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    HAX
    it's been a while since i've been able to legitimately do that

Shujin Katana on
    DP: 0902 9415 9324
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Heh, I figured you'd show up eventually for this.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This is all really fishy. And I don't want to think that someone here is using hacked guys in a tournament, but the whole thing is just pointing towards hacking. And it's not as if we could exactly prove that he did, because even if he hands over his guys for inspection, who's to say that they aren't just new guys hacked with the IVs that he posted on the last page?

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt just because I don't want to think some people may be hacking because PA is really the only group I have any faith in to play fair.

I'm sure as hell going to be paying more attention to people's pokeballs, though.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Also the mystery of the not quite perfect ivs. Also lucario and the mystery of Mew. Pokemon are very mysterious indeed.

:rotate: hahahhaa

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm sure as hell going to be paying more attention to people's pokeballs, though.

Oh ho? To what end?

Anyways! Time to bring in some character evidence? Or something?
    Nozz wrote: »
    I don't know if I'd have the strength to EV train and IV farm if I had an action replay. Only thing stopping me is that I heard it was super complicated to use, and of course my ingrained hatred of the easy road/haxoring

ingrained hatred. Compelling. Your witness, slurpeepoop.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Without knowing everything, not having any evidence, and not having seen the video, I'm voting for hax.

There's too many questions and suspicious circumstances to all be a coincidence.

One person, in one situation, has all of the following:

1. Seismic Toss Blissey in a Heal Ball.

2. Egg Move Pokemon in Ultra Balls.

3. Obscene stats for wild Pokemon with perfect/near perfect IVs in every appropriate spot.

4. Admitted hacking of ID #, OT, etc. all traded to/from Flashcarts (there are MANY, MANY hacking programs for saved cart data).

I officially call shenanigans.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    ZizZiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I agree that this is suspicious, but...

I'm glad this happened in a minitournament and not a big one.
    I'm sad that all the discussion (as if it could have been avoided) means that if someone does hack they'll do a better job because they know what we'll catch.

Ziz on
    218.jpg219.jpg217.jpg220.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I know this whole HAX Case is very interesting, but I have a pokequestion.

If I have a pokemon that has a weather ability (sandstorm or hail), how does that work in battle? It activates when that poke comes in, does it stop when he goes out? If it stays active after that pokemon dies/back to ball, how long does it stay active for?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    PingPongPingPong Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh MAN, i miss Pokemon battling. My computer's modem was jacked to make a landline for an xbox, so till I fix the problem, no battling. =( I still owe B0 a battle from the biger tourney and I want a rematch against Shujin. Not that it mattered since he lost this time.
    LOL LOSER
    haha j/k

And wtf? Hax?

PingPong on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I know this whole HAX Case is very interesting, but I have a pokequestion.

If I have a pokemon that has a weather ability (sandstorm or hail), how does that work in battle? It activates when that poke comes in, does it stop when he goes out? If it stays active after that pokemon dies/back to ball, how long does it stay active for?

I think it comes into play as soon as the pokemon does, and lasts 4-eva. Though all that is based on tyranitar's sandstream. Also I hear if two weather-effect guys come out at once the slower one's weather is the one that takes.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    NozzNozz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    im back

you there mush?

Nozz on
    4811 3493 4349: Pearl FC
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This is actually pretty hilarious. Could someone be this stupid and not realize these illegal combinations?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Guys I gotta say I'm pretty fucking angry that this is happening. I've got 400 hours logged on this cart, 200+ on my firered, and another 200 on my ruby.

Basically I'm getting shafted because I decided to get my trainer ID's changed to speed up my leveling.

My pokemon are still FULLY legit other than the trainer ID's and apparently the balls. This is hardly worse than the extreme amounts of emerald duping, etc. My trainer dates show I've had these guys for a very long time, and I've battled with them probably close to 100 times. I poured a lot of time and effort into everything, and it's extremely disappointing to feel like it's being taken away.

Nothing on my team is impossible to have, in terms of competitive battling. My ivs are high as shit, but they're NOTHING compared to some of the teams I've been destroyed against on smogon and other battling communities. And I personally raised these guys. The only one recieved in a trade was blissey, and it was from someone I know in real life.

And I faced an opponent in this tournament who had hacked pokemon that I recognized immediately as hacked, one was EXTREMELY obvious, and I held my tongue.

My girlfriend is here, so I hope you can come recieve my team now Mushroom.

edit: my save cart, like 99% of the save carts out there, only hold roms. You can't possibly use mine to create a save file.

another edit: My teams pokeballs were not always all ultra balls, because my egg move pokemon were bred myself. That must have been a side effect of the trainer ID editing, but I still don't know when it happened. I've had most of these guys for months

BlueBlue, I am completely against hacking. When I said I had an ingrained hatred against it, I meant it. I took advantage of the trainer ID thing because it simply expedites the leveling process. I still leveled them, trained them with my own TM's, used my own heart scales, bred them, and everything else involved in anyone elses team building process.

Nozz on
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey, I was one of your opponents, and I'm hoping you ain't leveling those allegations Buzzward. *shrugs* Suppose you're not in any position to say, since you held your tongue once, and eliminating one of us is incriminating three of us, but...meh.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You shouldn't hold your tongue if someone was obviously using hacked pokemon. I don't want to have to fight that kind of shit, so I'd like it cleared out as quickly as possible.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wow. Hax. For REAL too. And out of curiousity, what does "One is that I'm using a game cart, and not the original game itself. " mean? Is that not... you know. The same vein as the big E?

EDIT: oh, i see. noted. nvm me. =)

PingPong on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I can't stay on any longer or my girlfriend is going to tear my nuts off.

Mushroom, I'm going to PM you my phone number. When you want to recieve my team, you can call me collect and we can discuss this.

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    edit: my save cart, like 99% of the save carts out there, only hold roms. You can't possibly use mine to create a save file.

How does it save?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    How did you get your own friend code?

RockinX on
  • Options
    ZizZiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I really really reallyreallyreally don't like having hacked stuff on my cart, but if it would help at all I can ask some of the people I know who know how to hack to change the Nicknames and IDs of one of my random junk Pokes and see if anything weird happens Pokeball-wise.

Ziz on
    218.jpg219.jpg217.jpg220.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Wait, what?

That doesn't make sense.

So you're saying that the 400 hours you've logged on your cart have been consecutive, and your DS has never been turned off?

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The fact that this is on a flash cart doesn't help at all. I remember playing a friend in MegaMan Battle Network and having him hit with me a Bass chip that he just put on his ROM's save and sent over.

Also, I imagine messing with the pokes to change their ID could accidentally mess with their Pokeball, but in that case I figured they'd all end up in Ultra Balls, not some in Ultras and another in Heal balls and some in Pokeballs or whatever.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »

How does it save?

Wait, so it IS a rom? wtf?

PingPong on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    RockinX wrote: »
    How did you get your own friend code?

Actaully, I had a friend who played purely on his flashcard and he was issued a FC. He got D/C online once and lost his 100+ hour save. He didn't back his data up, thank god, so he just went and got the real game the next day. Flashcarts = no no in my book.

PingPong on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Isn't that kind of things banned from even being mentioned here?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Isn't that kind of things banned from even being mentioned here?
    PingPong wrote: »

Wait, so it IS a rom? wtf?

PingPong on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    jennyeu9.jpg
    What's going on in here?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    THIS WEEK, ON A VERY SPECIAL POKEDRAMA...

Seriously this tournament has been full of controversy.

Taya on
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wanted to point out something else I noticed. Nozz's character's wrist was at a 48 degree angle when he threw the pokeball instead of the usual 43.

I'm not sure what this means but I'll leave that up to you guys.

I'm sorry. I didn't think it would turn out like this. Shit. They even got Officer Jenny involved.

Vray on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Wait, what?

That doesn't make sense.

So you're saying that the 400 hours you've logged on your cart have been consecutive, and your DS has never been turned off?

No, it means that I can't edit the save portion of my cart. The games use the save portion, not me.

The large memory portion of my cart is for roms, not save files

I wouldn't have mentioned my game being on a cart if I could have avoided it... This forum isn't exactly rom friendly. You'll be glad to know I actually do own a copy of the game though. ;)

And vray that made me laugh pretty hard

Nozz on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't really want to disturb you or your girlfriend for something Pokeymans-related, so we'll continue this tomorrow.

For the record, are you claiming to have caught all your Ultra Ball pokemon, or are you claiming to have hatched them?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You could have avoided saying that, man. You should have just told Mushroom about it on a PM. Now you're just risking your out of jail status.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I don't really want to disturb you or your girlfriend for something Pokeymans-related, so we'll continue this tomorrow.

For the record, are you claiming to have caught all your Ultra Ball pokemon, or are you claiming to have hatched them?

I hatched my skarmory and electivire of course. The blissey was a trade. The other three were caught.

I had a really weird idea when I made these guys about how IV passing down worked, and as a result I was under the impression that it was nearly impossible to get the IV's I wanted through breeding. So I went and caught a few hundred gyarados'. :oops: I learned my lesson once I started breeding for egg moves though, and got that electivire.

redded for edits

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You could have avoided saying that, man. You should have just told Mushroom about it on a PM. Now you're just risking your out of jail status.

They're not THAT anal about it here. Hell there was a post just these past couple hours linking to an NES emulator with every rom, and the topic just got locked down (after I reported it, ironically)

Regardless, me and wifey are putting on a movie, so I'll check back in a couple hours

man she's razzing me pretty hard about my nerdliness

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    BlueBlue, I am completely against hacking. When I said I had an ingrained hatred against it, I meant it. I took advantage of the trainer ID thing because it simply expedites the leveling process. I still leveled them, trained them with my own TM's, used my own heart scales, bred them, and everything else involved in anyone elses team building process.

I just saw this edit. When I posted that, I did actually intend for that to be a piece of evidence in favor of you.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Wait, what?

That doesn't make sense.

No, it means that I can't edit the save portion of my cart. The games use the save portion, not me.

I wouldn't have mentioned my game being on a cart if I could have avoided it... This forum isn't exactly rom friendly. You'll be glad to know I actually do own a copy of the game though. ;)

Except that every rom cart under the sun lets you import/export save files to and from your computer, just like when you slap roms on your cart/flash card.

I, for one, would love to know the name and/or brand of this flash cart that does not offer the same options as every other flash cart out there, considering almost all of them are made by the same teams and run the same software.

Personally, I think this whole situation is pure bullshit. You've gotten busted with hacked pokeymans, you weren't smart enough to cover your tracks, and you're trying to justify the use of a flash cart to sidestep an integral part of raising pokemon that can be sidestepped many, many other ways besides blatant hacking.

I'm sorry that you thought you would be funny by hacking your guys and that you could outsmart and outplay everyone else who raised their guys properly. No matter how "innocent" you are concerning the IVs, pokeballs, and everything else, you still cheated. Switching around your OT # and everything else seems like a lot of work just to get that 1.5 xp bonus, considering there are many other ways to do it.

I hope that big win was worth it. Good for you, champ.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

They're not THAT anal about it here. Hell there was a post just these past couple hours linking to an NES emulator with every rom, and the topic just got locked down (after I reported it, ironically)

Regardless, me and wifey are putting on a movie, so I'll check back in a couple hours

man she's razzing me pretty hard about my nerdliness

Yeah, but this is a legitimate thread. I think in the past the mods were even more anal, though.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Wait, what?

That doesn't make sense.

Except that every rom cart under the sun lets you import/export save files to and from your computer, just like when you slap roms on your cart/flash card.

I, for one, would love to know the name and/or brand of this flash cart that does not offer the same options as every other flash cart out there, considering almost all of them are made by the same teams and run the same software.

Personally, I think this whole situation is pure bullshit. You've gotten busted with hacked pokeymans, you weren't smart enough to cover your tracks, and you're trying to justify the use of a flash cart to sidestep an integral part of raising pokemon that can be sidestepped many, many other ways besides blatant hacking.

I'm sorry that you thought you would be funny by hacking your guys and that you could outsmart and outplay everyone else who raised their guys properly. No matter how "innocent" you are concerning the IVs, pokeballs, and everything else, you still cheated. Switching around your OT # and everything else seems like a lot of work just to get that 1.5 xp bonus, considering there are many other ways to do it.

I hope that big win was worth it. Good for you, champ.

Without going into incredible detail on a topic that is not kosher here, I got the cart on ebay, and it came with one piece of software that lets you drag and drop files on to it. ANY files. You can even store text files on it (I put my resume on it once). The only files the machine will recognize, however, is the rom files.

If you can somehow edit a rom file and add a save game, well shit, I guess I must be a hacker, but believe me when I tell you that I haven't the foggiest on how that shit would work

And what are these many other ways to increase my experience gain? I do have another cart (a real copy of pearl), but no second DS. What else could I have done? You're the only one in this thread who decided to jump to a conclusion so quickly, so I'd really like to know what astounding psychic powers you possess, or how you know exactly what I've been up to having never met me or spoken to me before in your life. To you personally, fuck you.

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Stuff!

Harsh

Anyways, guys I have sort of an important question regarding pokethics. I too have a flashcart which I used to hold all three starters at the beginning of the game for gts leverage, but have not used it for anything affecting my team or my items. Yet. Recently I figured out I could abuse the saves on it to clone any of my pokemon or items. Now, the gamestop tournament is fast approaching and I have nothing resembling the vast amount of uber power I'll need to win that tshirt. It is my plan to clone the legendaries I do have and use them to get the ones I'll need off the gts. Additionally I plan to do this with rare candies as well to get any level-up moves I need, and with the protect tms. Now, nothing you say will keep me from haxing up a storm to win at gamestop, but this isn't gamestop. So, in the future, would you care if I leveled up my guys with illegitimate rare candies, or equiped them with equipment gotten through trades with cloned items? Please advise. If you tell me not to, I won't.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status: