Options

[Mini-Phalla] of Cables: Persephone's Kiss [Cycle End: Recovery]

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    @I needed a name to post

Was the effect of the drug always the same: ability to use REAL power in the VEER?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Oh snap, I killed the mafia guard!

<channels DDP>

Self High Five!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @SaberOverEasy for hooking me up with @Anialos and White Night. Hi5 for symbiotic relationships.

Sorry for missing all the PM's this last day, I was out for the day after 5:30PM Central. Honestly though, I had no intention on toeing the White Night order line tonight. My win condition was to have used my power on a majority of the surviving members of the winning faction. So I had to guard another member of White Night in the veer (it was MD) to make sure it all worked out. Sorry for the last minute side-step, and I'm truly glad it didn't mess anything up.

Also, thanks to INANTP for handing me the 2 best roles ever. Pimp that sent out roleblocking hallucinogenic ladies in the real; Whore with a private server in the veer that roleblocked/guarded guests I entertained. Amazing.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    You have 4 scan processes that you can run. To use these processes, target a player and either their power, victory condition, or faction. That cycle you will learn what their power, victory condition, or faction is. You may use any number of your processes at once but only have 4 for the duration of the game.

See this Saber?!

Had you just ASKED me about what I could do for you (and about the faction swapping knowledge), I could have gotten you your win condition so much sooner.

I believed the advertisements I saw for RENDDEAL!!! They were very convincing.

It actually wasn't the factions that were the issue. It was the thrice darned mars names. If it wasn't for Kime killing T_A, we'd have had no chance. As it was, I didn't think we were going to make it.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    INANTP wrote:
    i dunno, bedlam's "fuck the world i got day 1'd" board is pretty good

I want to see this board.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Good call. In.Frequency proboard:

http://freethatinfo.proboards.com/index.cgi

• Options
    You have 4 scan processes that you can run. To use these processes, target a player and either their power, victory condition, or faction. That cycle you will learn what their power, victory condition, or faction is. You may use any number of your processes at once but only have 4 for the duration of the game.

See this Saber?!

Had you just ASKED me about what I could do for you (and about the faction swapping knowledge), I could have gotten you your win condition so much sooner.

It actually wasn't the factions that were the issue. It was the thrice darned mars names. If it wasn't for Kime killing T_A, we'd have had no chance. As it was, I didn't think we were going to make it.

I could do the swapping thing as well as the seering thing

• Options

See this Saber?!

I could do the swapping thing as well as the seering thing

Fair enough. I should've talked to you. I was just going a little nuts getting everything else set up on that first day.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    @I needed a name to post

Was the effect of the drug always the same: ability to use REAL power in the VEER?

Yes.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Well, having everything explained to me, I'm not going to hand out grudges for the turn of events that got me killed, since I probably would have done the same thing.

So you're safe.

This time.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    SLyM wrote: »
    INANTP wrote:
    i dunno, bedlam's "fuck the world i got day 1'd" board is pretty good

I want to see this board.

@Bedlam @I needed a name to post.

Give.

• Options
    I don't have the link handy anymore, that post was mostly a joke.

Bedlam did intend to continue using his role's proboard as a place for the permadead to chat and shoot the shit without revealing that the person running it was also dead.

....I decided not to hand the link out when the second dead was REG Rysk.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahahaha

• Options
    Did I miss the mafia boards?

• Options
    nope

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    http://harvestofthedamned.proboards.com/index.cgi

not unlocked yet, I don't think I can

• Options

Ha, ha, you guys spent so much time talking about me.

I kinda figured I was getting killed for that, but I had no idea the WK were that organized, that quickly.

I just don't trust neutrals in a faction game because they have most of the knowledge and can betray you quite effectively.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »

Ha, ha, you guys spent so much time talking about me.

I kinda figured I was getting killed for that, but I had no idea the WK were that organized, that quickly.

I just don't trust neutrals in a faction game because they have most of the knowledge and can betray you quite effectively.

Well, you were the first person who just said "No" to us :) Which was the totally right thing to do for your role.

The people in WN just were a little more trusting of us. All of them except Rend had contacted me by the beginning of day 2 and were hooked up with Anialos. Void Slayer never talked to me and Tasty was reluctant to contact Lucedes. So when day 2 dawned, I needed to give Smoove an answer about which faction I thought would win and pointed him to WN.

• Options
    Nope, I totally understand what happened and why. Not mad, just a faction game.

I was just hoping the infomongers wouldn't contact me, cause I sure as hell wasn't going to reach out to you while I was still alive in both so that I could hopefully cover for my factionmates.

Once I was dead in the Veer, I had already offered everything to my factionmates I could, so I accepted.

I sat on the info you gave me for another day before contacting Lucedes because I was still suspicious of you.

BTW, here's part of my PMs to INANTP as I was trying to figure it out in my head who was mafia on the last day (before Lucedes and I compared notes):
    Fark. Just play along, I need to work this out in writing so I can get a feel for what's going on.

So little info, yet so much info. If I assume that both Lucedes and Saber are village and masoned like they claim, that eliminates two targets. If I believe Obi is a neutral drug dealer, that's another target down.

If Cayrus is the second vig, that means I'm down to 6 targets: SLyM, Anialos, MD, Rend, Vagrant, and Smooth.

Quick napkin math: 24 players x (.2)= 4 or 5 mafia. One of which is known to be dead(langly). There are 5 unaccounted for real deaths, but I can't assume any of those are actually mafia. That means at most there are 4 mafia left, but with a SK on the loose I'd say there are probably only 3 left.

That gives me fairly high odds of hitting mafia if I believe the people above are who they say they were. The problem is that no one else seems to care about the Real in the main thread.

I'm only going to get 1 more kill period, so I have to make it count if there are only two days left. I could leave my kill for tomorrow night, but that means I'm taking a chance that I'm offed tonight, meaning I lose it.

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I told Lucedes that MD was a mafia, but he never responded

Langly pretty much gave me two mafia names (because I played the neutral role the whole time) and I fed them to Smoove and Lucedes.

Did you never get this info Assuran? Was all my work for nothing?!

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, that PM was early in the day the last day right after narration went up.

Lucedes and I connected and we figured things out from there. I got the message about MD midway through the day, but by then we had things well in hand anyways. I was going to vig him for awhile, but Lucedes came back and said he'd take that target instead, so I stayed on Smoove just in case.

That said, Smoove was out all day he said, so we never were able to eliminate him from our list.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Yep, you fed me MD's name and I ran straight into his counterpunch roleblock :P

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Everyone on the final list Lucedes and I put together died that night, by the way. Which is why I was so impressed with Lucedes for managing to pull that off with his negotiations.

Assuran on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @I needed a name to post. I'm pretty sure you were told how silly the "neutral on a proboard" VC was last time you used it. Why? See Rawk in the majora game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular

Yea I hope you enjoyed it, Langley was kinda foolish to trust fake obi though. But I am busy and was for a few days now so couldn't put too much time into thinking right

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Spoit wrote: »
    @I needed a name to post. I'm pretty sure you were told how silly the "neutral on a proboard" VC was last time you used it. Why? See Rawk in the majora game

Never used it before. You're probably thinking of MrTLicious, who gave it to kime in his time travel phalla. I was interested in seeing it operate in a more faction-based game rather than the traditional mafia game, where it functionally makes the neutral who has it just an unmasoned mafia that they don't have any reason to trust.

And yes, it was meant to be very hard.

I think that because there's a whole wide variety of hosts with their own ideas on what does and doesn't work, ideas that maybe can work aren't iterated on and thus we never see them get to a point where they work, or a game where they fit. This is the third game where I've had someone need the names of every player to win, and not only did it work in this game it changed how the landscape of the game played out. If I had just given up on the role after facetious said "bah! this sucks!", Saber, Alegis, and REG would not have had the game experience this week that they did - for better or worse.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Alright, I've caught up on most of what was coufusing the hell out of me.

Anyway, thanks a lot, INANTP. This was a really great game. Combining the Village/Mafia with a Faction Game happening at the same time was a pretty good idea. Also, the roles were fantastic. Good job!

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Never used it before. You're probably thinking of MrTLicious, who gave it to kime in his time travel phalla. I was interested in seeing it operate in a more faction-based game rather than the traditional mafia game, where it functionally makes the neutral who has it just an unmasoned mafia that they don't have any reason to trust.

And yes, it was meant to be very hard.

I think that because there's a whole wide variety of hosts with their own ideas on what does and doesn't work, ideas that maybe can work aren't iterated on and thus we never see them get to a point where they work, or a game where they fit. This is the third game where I've had someone need the names of every player to win, and not only did it work in this game it changed how the landscape of the game played out. If I had just given up on the role after facetious said "bah! this sucks!", Saber, Alegis, and REG would not have had the game experience this week that they did - for better or worse.
    From what @obifett said, and reading their proboard, I'm not sure that's better :P

Also, what did @bedlam think about it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »

Yea I hope you enjoyed it, Langley was kinda foolish to trust fake obi though. But I am busy and was for a few days now so couldn't put too much time into thinking right

you asked for drugs!

• Options
    mafia boards unlocked

• Options
    ALSO WHO WAS RIGHT ABOUT KIME?

ME! I WAS!

• Options
    Did you post the spreadsheet yet, INANTP?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @retaba @cayrus

yaaaaaay warcraft bros

• Options
    Thanks for not killing me this game Langly.

I suppose we're all square now.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    yay. Thanks for hosting INANTP

thanks for doing my job, saber and reg rysk - so I could afford to be lazy.

So slym finally gave up his info, @SaberOverEasy?

• Options
    Who killed me? And why?

mafia, you revealed as a mouthpiece.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    who killed reg rysk and why? he was beeing :bz so nice

• Options
    edited June 2012
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqw12vsjmKFxdFA1YUo2dU1OWTdHVk94SUk3YTdQX2c

this is going to be an ugly ugly spreadsheet for most of you
    but part of the reason for making it two phallas was to force myself to manage spreadsheets in hard mode

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i basically beat SLyM up and stole his lunch money for that name.