As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

E.V.O. : Search For [Phalla] Chapter One - Shark Victory!

• Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    ooOooOOoooOooooOOOo
    ....not dead....but dreaming....
    ...you guys suck.....
    ooOOOooOOOooooOooOo

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Guy, can whoever got but by the sharks last night let me know?

I'd also really appreciate a quick health check up. I don't think any of is are in danger of dying from a two shark bites, but if you are, let me know.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    OoooOOooOOooOOoOO

greatest apologies to villagenet

got eaten by a surprise trip to Disneyland

O.o

ooOooOoOoOOoOOoOO

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I am it as a fiddle. No shark bites for the past few nights and now at full HP.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Let's try this again, shall we?

Capfalcon

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

Capfalcon

No, let's not! We should all really think about another vote target. :D

• Options
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    shalmelo wrote: »

Capfalcon

No, let's not! We should all really think about another vote target. :D

It's defenses like this that make me feel much better about voting you :P

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    oooOooooOOooO
    Dead thread is dead.
    Miss me yet? :p
    I'll go away for real now
    oooOooOooOooo

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    If saber's mafia, then he's playing the longest of long cons and selling out his mafia buddies at an alarming rate :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    You've discovered my secret plan Cythraul!

As a side note, I have a suspicion that we really need to get a mafia out todaym either through the vote or the village biting. If you have any evidence that Scosglen or Capfalcon are villagers, now would be a VERY good time to tell me!

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I have no evidence other than what I said yesterday.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Capfalcon

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Caphighliner

I mean

falcon

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Vote closed at 8:00, calculating.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    In the event I die and we're still going, listen to Cythraul tomorrow.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Day Ten:

An Original Fish swam as fast as he could to reach the appointed place. Tonight they were following SaberOverEasy’s orders and devouring the suspected scourge of the ocean, Scosglen. shalmelo was rushing to get a bite and prove himself once more to SaberOverEasy and company, when he noticed the sharks circling...

The Original Fish bit down hard on a Young Cladoselache with his Cladoselache’s jaws. Capfalcon had brought jdarksun to death’s door by evolving the sharks’ vaunted jaws. He thought it was particularly ironic to kill the shark with his own weapon. Capfalcon called for help and was relieved to see all of the other fish show up. jdarksun would not be able to stand up to a few more bites from any of them, and with their combined strength he was pretty much done for. With this death there would be only one more shark to kill. What happened next was very surprising to poor Capfalcon as he saw fish and shark join together and rip large bloody chunks out of his flank.

One fish was trying to organize the rest after the deaths. SaberOverEasy pulled another fish nearby and with an outstretched fin, named him as the fish to follow in the coming days.

“In the event I die and we're still going, listen to Cythraul tomorrow,” Said SaberOverEasy.

Figgy swam up next to SaberOverEasy and gave him a toothy grin. “Oh, I don’t think they’ll be doing anything of the sort. In fact, I think everyone will be listening to me. You might say I’m now the most influential fish in the ocean.”

SaberOverEasy called out for someone, anyone to bite the Juvenile Cladoselache, but he couldn’t get anyone to listen to him. Somehow, everyone was listening to the revealed shark!

Gaia was amazed at the devastation of the ocean. The sharks had successfully culled the ocean of the monstrous jawed terrors, the troublesome fish, and everything else that stood in their way. In the end they had simply become more influential than the fish that outnumbered them.

They would pave the way forward to the next chapter in life.

The Dead:
    Capfalcon - Original Fish - Fed the village.
    shalmelo - Original Fish - Swam into a shark pack.
    Scosglen - Original Fish - Attacked by countless creatures.

Game Over
    Shark Victory!

The Victorious Surviving Sharks:

Figgy - Juvenile Cladoselache
    jdarksun - Young Cladoselache

A huge thanks goes out to @MrBlarney for the programming and setup of the system, and to @Infidel for substitutions and for fixing the few problems quickly.
    Notes and other thoughts to follow.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    ugh.

I want to apologize first off to taya for throwing her into this with nothing at all to work with, that can't have been any fun, but I didn't really think about the possibility of my camping trip interfering with this.

Thanks again for stepping in.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    well s.o.b.

Steam
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    If I die, my dunalist is: Figgy, Mr def, sabre, Slym, jdark
    well...2/5 isn't bad, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    That was some fine sharking, gentlemen.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Well course sharks were going to win. I mean how else would we get all these shark related movies if the fishy uprising had succeeded.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    @figgy
    and
    @jdarksun

rosariogoodjob.jpg

also I did say
    ccccyyyythhhhraul

:D

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Our fishstick together.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh

Down to the wire

Well played to Figgy and jdarksun for pulling one over Sabre near the end!

Shark Proboards: http://ocean-of-origin.proboards.com/index.cgi

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
  • Options
    I gotta say, it was getting a bit hectic keeping my lies straight.

Sorry Saber/Taya, I was not a Bonnerichthys after all!

My PM coming out to the network:
    Welcome, Taya! I think it's about time for me to finally make a move.

I am Bonnerichthys!, and I am a huge fucking fish. (hehehe boner)

I am neutral, able to win with anyone, and I've been happily remaining unnoticed by both sides the entire game. Now that people are starting to notice me, I feel like I have to pick a side. The village looks like it's going to win, so that's where I want to be.

My evolution mechanic works slightly different than others (from what I gather in the thread). I have a very limited number of upgrades, and one big-ass expensive upgrade. I will be able to afford this upgrade tomorrow night because I have been going 'aggressive mode' every night, and I currently sit at 300 EP. My slightly-bolstered HP is also very low because of it. What does this upgrade do? I imagine it heavily bolsters my current power: zee roleblock!

Every night, I can choose one person to "swallow." Moby Dick style, this person will be unable to act that night. The upgrade I want to buy is "Baleen Plates." You know the ones. The big wall-like teeth that whales have.

There is one other thing I should mention: there is an RNG mechanic with my targets. There is a 25% chance that the target I swallow is alignment-seered. This happened when I swallowed Akimbo, and I tried my best to keep him alive without revealing myself. If you check back on some of my posts, you'll notice that. I'll be honest, I could have messaged SLyM with this info, but I wasn't sure at that time who was going to win this game, and maybe I wasn't going to align with the village.

So, I'd like to help out. Who would you like me to swallow tonight? I've been really wary of TRV almost the entire game. He gets really nervous when he's mafia and becomes motor-mouth. Moreso than normal, anyway.

And big thanks for Egos for being a sport and taking one for the team!

• Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    I was the action seer, which I think was my first time being any kind of seer. The night I died I had my eyes on Figgy and was finally evolving some damn armor. Also Lucedes was supposed to be guarding me.

I really wanted us to win this game and was rooting for Saber to pull it out. Disappointing.

BTW: Saber was never seered. As far as I know there was no alignment seer. But I caught Ecco attacking him leading to his inclusion in the network.

• Options
    And in case you're wondering, my vote was worth 3 for the past couple days, so that's why the game is over. Two +1 vote parts.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Man, too bad I died so early on in this game.

My little suspect list had multiple sharks on it after just looking at the Day 1 kills. I had a rather decent mafia radar. D:

My List (It also had myself and Saber on it, but we excluded those for the purpose of our conversation):

jdark
    T_A
    REG Rysk
    Anialos
    Figgy
    Langly
    Assuran
    Retaba
    Spool32

I also should have went with my gut on Day 2 and killed Obi, but I thought his post count was so low inactivus would eat him, so I ended up swapping to Vagrant_Winds. D:

Good job sharks.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    There was no network proboard because of my decision to keep my contact with saber/lucedes segmented from my contact with Slym. While I was 99% sure Slym was what he said he was it was honestly a little easier that way for me.

I was roleblocked night one (Kime was that you?).
    I seered Orange Soda night two, who did nothing. (Not a good choice based on stuff in game but I hadn't seen OS in a while and wanted to work with him. Then slym revealed and OS withdrew so whatever.)
    I seered Ecco using cladoslache jaws on saber night 3. Slym chose Ecco as a target, so I won't take credit for that.
    We discussed a number of targets on night 4. Saber wanted Figgy or Shalmelo (I think). Slym wanted Chamberlain. I decided on Chamberlain and saw him shark attack Shiny New Toys.

I really believed Saber, Slym, and I were going to win this game going away at that point. But then Slym had to go camping, Lucedes went inactive, and I got eaten. Really feels like the one that got away.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Good job SHARKS!

Figgy, that made up role was an all-star move. I mean geez.

And this will teach me to play in a phalla when I am sick. I didn't have any energy to post or anything and I clearly looked like a mafia as a result.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Teucrian wrote: »
    There was no network proboard because of my decision to keep my contact with saber/lucedes segmented from my contact with Slym. While I was 99% sure Slym was what he said he was it was honestly a little easier that way for me.

I was roleblocked night one (Kime was that you?).
    I seered Orange Soda night two, who did nothing. (Not a good choice based on stuff in game but I hadn't seen OS in a while and wanted to work with him. Then slym revealed and OS withdrew so whatever.)
    I seered Ecco using cladoslache jaws on saber night 3. Slym chose Ecco as a target, so I won't take credit for that.
    We discussed a number of targets on night 4. Saber wanted Figgy or Shalmelo (I think). Slym wanted Chamberlain. I decided on Chamberlain and saw him shark attack Shiny New Toys.

I really believed Saber, Slym, and I were going to win this game going away at that point. But then Slym had to go camping, Lucedes went inactive, and I got eaten. Really feels like the one that got away.
    Yeah, while I can see how a strict interpretation of the no-PM copy thing might be attractive to the host, I'm not really sure it should be followed for replacements. Since theoretically, they're the "same person" and otherwise people can lie about previous contact, especially when the person being replaced is nominally the network mouthpiece

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yeah... I would just add them to all previous PMs

• Options
    38th and I had this discussion RE: Taya. I wanted to add Taya to me and Slym's conversation but 38th wasn't comfortable with it. In his mind it was technically a rules violation, which I think is a valid interpretation. Personally, I think Phyphor is right: The replacement is the same player and should be privy to the precise same information.

Not thinking there was any chance I would be dead, I didn't press the issue, figuring I could convince Taya well enough the next day.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oh wow we won, I was not expecting that, it was looking pretty bad.

Good job guys! I totally helped by lasting all of like three days.

• Options
    I probably wouldn't feel comfortable giving a replacement the pms of a previous player, then again I'm use to the old forum and its ways.

• Options
    Sorry guys! I tried, but Figgy and jdark's stories just worked out too well.

I knew that even the people I had some trust in, I couldn't trust fully. It was all a matter of degrees. We also never had a true seer, to my knowledge. All we had were action seers. As long as jdark kept using those parasitic jaws, I'd have never caught him. I spent a long time last night thinking through the "What if jdark is playing me" but I kept coming back to the fact that I generally could match up his parasitic jaws with attacks.

Well played to Figgy (as well as egos and jdark for remembering to sell his ability in the thread when he was supposed to be hitting them) and jdark for getting into their roles and giving me enough evidence to keep them off the top of the lists.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    why could we never kill saber

• Options
    I should be clear: I'm not blaming Slym or Lucedes for the loss. Real life always takes precedence over phalla. I think Lucedes even had to replace me once when I got eaten by inactivus (Other Lives I think) during a crazy work week.

I'm just bummed because I'm now 0/3 on statblock phallas. At least this one was close. So very unlike Persona and Elementalist.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    also I did say
    ccccyyyythhhhraul

:D

>.<

Steam