Options

Go find the new STEAM Thread!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Honestly don't know why anyone really even wants to play Dead Island with guns. Aren't there like a zillion zombie shooters out there that scratch that itch? Melee combat is pretty much the main draw of the game for me.

What other Zombie Shooters are there? I mean, L4D series is more an arcadey - I was looking for a long term survival sort of a thing with leveling up and perks and stuff, which is what Dead Island looked like but it turned into this weird arcadey-melee action simulator.

I just got to Act 2 so I am hoping the game opens up a little bit, but the rate of weapon degradation is so rapid it really ties your hands. You pretty much have to have a item in every slot to move quickly through enemies and you're constantly rotating through them. Then you spend all of your cash repairing the damn thing instead of buying a new hotness or upgrades.

Just seems like a real poor system when it ties your hands so severely.

From what I remember reading in the thread when the game came out(I got it on release and didn't like it and wish I had spent my money on anything else), that once you get more points into some of your skills the rate that your stuff breaks decreases by quite a bit. Not sure how far in that is, as I only got to that life guard tower where you pick up all the quests and quit a bit later.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Finished up Darksiders from the Steam sale, loved the line
    "not alone", has me totally psyched for Darksiders 2.

Now to decide on what to complete next. Still have Skyrim going but haven't played it in a few months, started Deus Ex HR so I might go with that, or start Fallout NV which I received from @ElderlyCrawfish, with "The Wall" of course, anyone have that link handy? Or I can play through Assassins Creed 1+2, oh my bandwidth....

Myiagros on
    iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    You're kinda ruining an epic line there Myiagros. Just say it was a great one liner at the end.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Hope that's better, guess it really isn't vague enough.

Oh god, didn't realize that Jeor Mormont was voicing Death in #2, so awesome.

Myiagros on
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
  • Options
    Myiagros wrote: »

I'm just playing spoiler police tonight :lol:
    It is pretty amazing and i always sell the game on that. "Oh Darksiders? Best Zelda game and it has the most amazing end line".

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

Now to decide on what to complete next. Still have Skyrim going but haven't played it in a few months, started Deus Ex HR so I might go with that, or start Fallout NV which I received from @ElderlyCrawfish, with "The Wall" of course, anyone have that link handy? Or I can play through Assassins Creed 1+2, oh my bandwidth....

The Wall is from the Underground Hideout mod.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Cave Story+ was a great buy during the sale.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

The Wall is from the Underground Hideout mod.

Downloading! Thanks again!

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    Guys,

PA forumer @Dr Mario Kart (Steam ID Shane200) Has entered and won a number of giveaways (especially during the previous sale). He took most of the items that he won and put them up as steamgift giveaways to the public after being told here that it was heavily frowned upon.

I am honestly a little upset as one of the few giveaways I did during the Summer Sale went to a scumbag instead of a deserving member of the community.

:(

That sucks.

Honestly, I've been on the forums for a long time now and while it was tempting to enter the giveaways, it didn't feel right to enter unless I was also giving something away.

Now, I've never participated in these giveaways so maybe I'm being forward here but maybe next time gifting should be limited to those who also gift. Give-ith and thou shalt receive and all that. I don't know, just an idea.

I remember him. He's also the same guy a few weeks ago that flat out told everyone he enters every giveaway he sees whether he's interested in the game or not. We should have kicked him out of the steam groups back then.

Everyone flat out told him not to do that once it got out he won a copy of Killing Floor he didn't want. I don't imagine my opinion has any particular weight around here, but as someone who makes Steamgifts giveaways for the PA Steam groups, I'd prefer it if he were simply removed from the community.

Yeah, not exactly a huge loss.

I remember this, cuz I got up on my soap box and called for his head back then, and was told to chill and I did. I still think he is being a major Goose.

It is important that we give people the benefit of the doubt. I think calling for a chill was the right move back then.

Now though, not so much.

• Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Only 15 pages? This place is really dead after sales.

• Options
    Big Isy wrote: »

It is pretty amazing and i always sell the game on that. "Oh Darksiders? Best Zelda game and it has the most amazing end line".
    When that happened my first reaction "oh shit yeah!" then "damn you credits!!!!"

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Man Tux and Danger utterly smoked me in Gaslight's L.A Noire competition, both of their bits were pretty baller and I enjoyed reading them.
    On the plus side I haven't written anything since I broke my hand so it was really nice to do that again, so a big thank you to Gaslight for putting on a competition that gave me the opportunity and the inspiration to do so. You are a hella classy human being good sir!

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Wow, just played the Chantelise demo... that game is damn charming. I kinda regret not snagging it during the sale now.

Ah well, something to look forward to!

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

Everyone can talk about this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IInBhcb9V5A

And if you didn't get SR3, now you know why you need it next sale.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    @testsubject23, thanks loads for Just Cause 2! Definitely helps to brighten a week that so far has not been fantastic.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    So, the X games. Are they all good, are some better than others, are they all dire? They appear to scratch an itch of mine, but I've been burned on games similar to this in the past and their metacritic ratings aren't the highest.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Just get Albion Prelude or Terran Conflict.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    Oh snap, its time to go to a nice island for some relaxation and spelunking..

signature.png

Boopity for the night crew.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    So, the X games. Are they all good, are some better than others, are they all dire? They appear to scratch an itch of mine, but I've been burned on games similar to this in the past and their metacritic ratings aren't the highest.

I can only speak somewhat for X3 as that is the only one that I played; there is (kinda) a story, but it is reeeeeeeeally a game that gives you what you put into it. It is a gigantic sandbox game with a reasonably steep learning curve and few hard boundaries. I sunk quite a few hours into it playing the grand trading aspect of it and fiddling with fleet combat, never really got into the building side. The solitary nature of the game got a little lonesome eventually but I had a lot of fun with it and am really looking forward to X Rebirth.

If you feel $10 is within your possible regret-tolerence threshold, I would say grab it. If that's too high but you're still curious, just grab X3+Terran Conflict.

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    One of the rules on Steamgifts is that you have to redeem the gift you won on your account and cannot regift it. I'm pretty sure that if @R0land1188 reports this to the admins, since it was one of his giveaways, he will be suspended or banned.

edit: he has won 6 that he didn't redeem, 4 of those regifted on public Steamgifts.

I reported him over on Steamgifts as well before I left the office. I will make sure that I get to an Admin about it as well over there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Guys,

PA forumer "Dr Mario Kart" (Steam ID Shane200) Has entered and won a number of giveaways (especially during the previous sale). He took most of the items that he won and put them up as steamgift giveaways to the public after being told here that it was heavily frowned upon.

I am honestly a little upset as one of the few giveaways I did during the Summer Sale went to a scumbag instead of a deserving member of the community.

That sucks.

Honestly, I've been on the forums for a long time now and while it was tempting to enter the giveaways, it didn't feel right to enter unless I was also giving something away.

Now, I've never participated in these giveaways so maybe I'm being forward here but maybe next time gifting should be limited to those who also gift. Give-ith and thou shalt receive and all that. I don't know, just an idea.

I remember him. He's also the same guy a few weeks ago that flat out told everyone he enters every giveaway he sees whether he's interested in the game or not. We should have kicked him out of the steam groups back then.

Everyone flat out told him not to do that once it got out he won a copy of Killing Floor he didn't want. I don't imagine my opinion has any particular weight around here, but as someone who makes Steamgifts giveaways for the PA Steam groups, I'd prefer it if he were simply removed from the community.

I remember this, cuz I got up on my soap box and called for his head back then, and was told to chill and I did. I still think he is being a major Goose.

Hey Steam thread, Banzai5150 has the right of it.

Glorious Edict is in effect so, as upsetting as acts of classlessness are to us all, don't go loosey-goosey on the namecalling. [EDIT: Not people quoted here. Other people, scandalized by this poor form.]

Also, I was the one calling for chilling back then. That's off. Fire for effect.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I know it's been like seven years and we're in a post-Steam world now (or intra-Steam, whatever), but did they ever get rid of the godawful DRM that X3 Reunion was stuck with at release?

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

It's not that the Steam thread is less popular, it's just that its appeal is becoming more selective.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I've just gone through the membership of PAGT. Dr Mario Kart isn't a member of The Adventure Team.

And now he never will be.

• Options
    Man, less drama, more singing Sublime songs.

(I think I need to get a multi game going later tonight, but I'm cooking dinner.)

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Guys,

PA forumer @Dr Mario Kart (Steam ID Shane200) Has entered and won a number of giveaways (especially during the previous sale). He took most of the items that he won and put them up as steamgift giveaways to the public after being told here that it was heavily frowned upon.

That sucks.

It is important that we give people the benefit of the doubt. I think calling for a chill was the right move back then.

Now though, not so much.

Yeah, I do admit I went off rather harsh, but only because I really do enjoy this community and they way we take care of each other. I'm sure though, things will work out now that it's been noticed again, and people will do the right thing. Stay Classy Steam Thread...

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Gifting shenanigans suck. I ended up giving a game to a moocher last winter, which is mostly why I tend to stick to silly little contests if I want to give something out now.

Which is a shame, Steamgifts is really convenient but that left such a bitter taste with me. Oh well, I kind of have fun scrambling game titles anyway so I guess its not a total loss!

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Next batch is up

signature.png

signature.png

Don't forget to vote in the comments.

Not many entries so far and no voting. Decided what to put in a giveaway next cause I am lazy
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Anyone know who http://steamcommunity.com/id/maboroshi/ is on these forums?

Ah, that's me! Hmm I should put a note in my profile or something.

Grats on winning Fortune Summoners. Sent it over email a little while ago.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YnuuYnuu Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Houn wrote: »
    [Saints Row 3 Sublime]

oh my god

great, now I need SR3. it's almost winter now, right

Ynuu on
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »
    I know it's been like seven years and we're in a post-Steam world now (or intra-Steam, whatever), but did they ever get rid of the godawful DRM that X3 Reunion was stuck with at release?

As far I can recall it was patched out around the 2.5 patch for Terran Conflict and I believe nothing contained within the Super Box has Starforce DRM anymore.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hearing about gifting shenanigans makes me hesitant to create more giveaways for the main Penny Arcade group, but then again I want to make sure a wider number of folks get a chance to actually play all the 20+ games I bought as gifts during the sale.

Edit: In less dramatic and more derptastic news, can someone re-invite me to Armadeaddon?

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Big Isy wrote: »

When that happened my first reaction "oh shit yeah!" then "damn you credits!!!!"

Atleast you don't have to wait years for the sequel like those of us who played it day one and finished it in the same week. I would've been pissed were it not for the fact that it was so much awesome.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Ynuu wrote: »
    [Saints Row 3 Sublime]

oh my god

Some one post the zombie voice version.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    thejadefalconthejadefalcon Registered User regular
    Hey, guys. thejadefalcon here, one of the mods on SteamGifts. I got pointed here by a support ticket and decided to sign up, answer any of your questions you may have, just generally try to be involved in the community surrounding SG (though I probably come off more like that old whiffy grandpa who tries to be in with the hip young crowd). First off, I'll say that this guy?
    Guys,

He currently has a month's suspension for regifting and not activating his wins. I'm aware this is a semi-controversial rule sometimes, which was partly why I signed up, so I can help answer any questions about that or anything else you might be curious about.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Congrats to @Broncbuster for winning

signature.png

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    [Saints Row 3 Sublime]

oh my god

Here you go: youtube.com/watch?v=z5FK6JXTPMY :D

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Hey look, its Jade! =D

He's cool.

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    [Saints Row 3 Sublime]

oh my god

Okay, that sold me on SR3. I need it now.

• Options
    YnuuYnuu Registered User regular
    [Saints Row 3 Sublime]

oh my god

Okay, that sold me on SR3. I need it now.

dang

although, maybe it'll be <$10 by winter

• Options
    I have two questions, Jade:

1. Who's the genius that came up with steamgifts.com, and
    2. How the hell did I not find out about it until, like, a week ago?

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say "Thanks" for rollin' in. :D