As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

80s action stars! You're not [Expendables 2]!

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I love michael biehn

I want him to make a buddy cop movie with michael madsen

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Goddamn this movie kicked ass.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Fuuu-, can't see it till tomorrow.

:(

• Options
    you're goddamn right it did, dru

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    So what kind of body count we talking here? Expendables was good in the mook disposal department, but are we talking Lone Wolf and Cub level here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNBniGValEQ

Per person? :p

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    This was ridiculous

• Options
    I lost count after about 100 kills

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I should've just cut tally marks in the wall I was sitting next to while I was watching for every mook killed.
    Kinda wish there was more Jet Li. I wonder why his appearance was so short?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    This movie was bananas

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I should've just cut tally marks in the wall I was sitting next to while I was watching for every mook killed.
    i'd be mad, but he literally parachuted out of the movie after calling dolph lundgren a racist

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Wasn't Li filming another movie at the time? Wiki says that "Detective Who Is Second To None" is being released in December.

• Options
    Whatever the reason, I was also bummed with Li's too brief appearance.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    But what an appearance

• Options
    True

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The intro to the movie just took all James Bond intro action scenes and just said "Get the fuck out of here!" and then showed how to deliver an action scene and get people pumped for the rest of the movie.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I didn't like the first one is this one better

• Options
    yes

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yes, this one's exactly three times better. I proved it with maths.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I mean, unless you got some bullshit tastes

do you got some bullshit tastes, tube?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    more importantly, how much do you enjoy dolph lundgren being king shit of fuck mountain?

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TLB I bought Death Wish today and am going to finally watch it tomorrow. It was a decent consolation for the fact that I couldn't find Raid: Redemption.

Does that make me less awful?

• Options
    the fact you haven't seen death wish motions for you to be awful

the fact you haven't seen the raid seconds it

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I live in bumfuck nowhere Northern Michigan I didn't want to pirate Raid so I couldn't see that.

As for not seeing Death Wish I have no excuse.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Stallone needed a better-looking version of the sniper from Rambo 4. Plus, Hunger Games.

He didn't do anything in Hunger Games
    He literally sat on a hillside and glowered at the sky for the entire movie

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    This movie. THIS MOVIE!

It was everything I wanted in an action movie and then some.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    okay so here's what i want expendables 3 to be like

i'll assume that stallone can get everyone he wants but wesley snipes because prison's a bitch

i'm spoilering things, as it might ruin some expendables 2 plot points:
    okay, so a young asian woman fell in love with rambo stallone. naturally, following action movie logic, she needs to die in the first five minutes of expendables 3

the opening should be them, with chuck norris in tow, kicking some triad/asian gangster ass in some asian country

they get captured and beaten down and the chick dies

now, since they probably won't get tony jaa, but they fuckin' love meta stuff like all of the references to dolph lundrgen's actual biography, jet li comes in, full on buddhist monk clothes, big ass beard, riding an elephant, and totally wastes the whole room.

stallone bluh bluh bluhs a little and debates quitting but then realizes that even though the asian girl died, they totally did what they set out to do: save a bunch of orphans and grandmothers the asian gangsters were using in a sweatshop. chuck norris rides off into the sunset and the title hits.

yeah, i know you're all wondering what asian country this should be and are thinking hey the triads are a hong kong deal. remember, this is the expendables. all foreigners are the devil in this franchise.

alright so after the titles, we hang out in mickey rourke's bar which is now owned by clint eastwood. we know this because there is a closeup of his scowl with a cowboy hat on which pans out to him taking it off and calling it dumb and the expendables making jokes and being badass and then statham is all mopey because his wife left him for another dude so he leaves.

which leads to a pretty radical fight between jean reno and jason statham which ends in them laughing and hugging. we learn that jean was the dude who trained statham, and blah blah blah heard you need a new member and in saunters idris elba. idris talks in his normal accent and immediately antagonizes statham and jean reno is all naw doggs cool down and statham is all whatever and leaves and then jean reno talks to idris a little bit and then he leaves and then the scene ends. trouble will be a brewin'

we go back to the now empty bar and someone is trying to fuckin' rob it and clint eastwood shoots the gun out of his hand, then five shots around him, aims at his head. the gun clicks. he goes "well, punk, today's your lucky day" then pistol whips him and the scene ends.

then we have stallone do some stuff to show why he's the star of the movie, maybe be all sad about asian girl, until he gets blindsided the same way he was by church in the second movie while he hangs around in his plane. only this time it is not church, it is harrison fuckin' ford. who is playing church's boss. there's a bunch of bullshit and references to harrison ford movies and basically harrison ford says that church has been held hostage and he's sending two teams to get him, and whoever gets him out first gets the money or something but it's all just a flimsy excuse for schwarzenegger to show up and then the three talk macho until stallone tells ford to get off his plane.

it's here we find out that nic cage is playing the villain and has kidnapped church because of all that cloak and dagger bullshit. america is all poking it's nose in everyone's business and being jerks and he will have none of it. and normally this would be an okay position, but this is the fuckin' expendables and USA USA USA so clearly he's a jerk who hates freedom. he does some dastardly things and then some nic cage things and then goes away.

and that's the end of the plot. though statham and elba constantly trying to one-up each other will be a thing, it'll just be the expendables kicking some ass in crazy action sequences until the third act where we find out jean reno has been following the guys along the whole time so he kicks some ass. and then the expendables are getting overwhelmed by nic cage's men so schwarzenegger's team finally shows up. it is comprised of arnold, steven seagal, carl weathers, wesley snipes (if he's out of prison), michael dudikoff, jesse ventura, michael biehn, and lorenzo lamas.

it's jut a gigantic twenty plus minute fuck you gunfight/swordfight/kung fu fight/fistfight between all the action heroes

and at the very end, bruce willis kicks the shit out of nic cage and the movie ends

but there's also a post-credits scene of mickey rourke and jason statham's wife all making out in the tropics.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    holy shit TLB

• Options
    i know action movies solar

it is a thing i fuckin' know

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Jesus TLB, should I just give you my ticket money now?

• Options
    yes

everyone give me their money

and also sly stallone's phone number

7656367.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    yeah I'd pay good fuckin money to see that movie

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Where is Antonio Banderas? Why isn't he in it?

Being saved for the all-Spanish Expendables.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    Where is Antonio Banderas? Why isn't he in it?

i already have one hispanic guy

if i have two, the audience will get confused

and renegade fuckin' owns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0kkPK_WSck

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Though, I'd totally love it if the bad guy was Harrison Ford, how often does he play villains?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    @The Lovely Bastard

I'm wondering...in your version of Expendables 3 does the Triad have secret ties to generic terrorist group?

• Options
    Also, I think 2 missed a great opportunity with Gunnar
    How awesome would it have been if his bomb actually worked?

• Options
    Usagi wrote: »
    Though, I'd totally love it if the bad guy was Harrison Ford, how often does he play villains?

i debated it, but him not being the villain sets up a better one-liner
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    @The Lovely Bastard

I'm wondering...in your version of Expendables 3 does the Triad have secret ties to generic terrorist group?

nope. it's a james bond style opening that has nothing to do with the plot.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    nope. it's a james bond style opening where
    Also, I think 2 missed a great opportunity with Gunnar
    How awesome would it have been if his bomb actually worked?

that would be a neat but
    what really should've happened was there to be an explosion from the other side caused by arnold so gunnar totally thought his bomb worked for a split second. however, gunnar being a drug addled/drunken fuckup is also funny as hell so i was cool with it

7656367.jpg
  • Options

i debated it, but him not being the villain sets up a better one-liner

It totally does