As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Newbie Mini-[Phalla]: Alien Invasion, Mafia Victory

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Signups are closed.

A tone note: All narrations in this phalla will be transcriptions or reenactments of events as recorded or recreated by observers or participants. Most come from official documents created in the normal course of business. I leave it to you to determine the veracity of the events in question and to make reasonable inferences of the sources of these seemingly strange occurrences.

• Options
    Day 0: The First Disappearance

19:06:14 DSJ [Valentich]: Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet. Is there any known traffic below five thousand?
    FS [Flight Services; Robey]: Delta Sierra Juliet, no known traffic.
    DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, I am, seems to be a large aircraft below five thousand.
    19:06:44 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, What type of aircraft is it?
    DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, I cannot affirm, it is four bright, and it seems to me like landing lights.
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet.
    19:07:31 DSJ: Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet, the aircraft has just passed over me at least a thousand feet above.
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, and it is a large aircraft, confirmed?
    DSJ: Er-unknown, due to the speed it's travelling, is there any air force aircraft in the vicinity?
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, no known aircraft in the vicinity.
    19:08:18 DSJ: Melbourne, it's approaching now from due east towards me.
    19:08:41 DSJ: (open microphone for two seconds.)
    19:08:48 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, it seems to me that he's playing some sort of game, he's flying over me two, three times at speeds I could not identify.
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what is your actual level?
    DSJ: My level is four and a half thousand, four five zero zero.
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet and you confirm you cannot identify the aircraft?
    DSJ: Affirmative.
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, stand by.
    19:09:27 DSJ: Melbourne, Delta Sierra Juliet, it's not an aircraft it is (open microphone for two seconds).
    19:09:42 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, can you describe the - er - aircraft?
    DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, as it's flying past it's a long shape (open microphone for three seconds) cannot identify more than it has such speed (open microphone for three seconds). It's before me right now Melbourne.
    19:10 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger and how large would the - er - object be?
    19:10:19 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, Melbourne, it seems like it's chasing me.[21] What I'm doing right now is orbiting and the thing is just orbiting on top of me also. It's got a green light and sort of metallic like, it's all shiny on the outside.
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet
    19:10:46 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet (open microphone for three seconds) It's just vanished.
    19:11:00 DSJ: Melbourne, would you know what kind of aircraft I've got? Is it a military aircraft?
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, Confirm the - er ~ aircraft just vanished.
    DSJ: Say again.
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, is the aircraft still with you?
    DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet; it's (open microphone for two seconds) now approaching from the south-west.
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet
    19:11:50 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, the engine is rough-idling. I've got it set at twenty three twenty-four and the thing is (coughing).
    FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what are your intentions?
    DSJ: My intentions are - ah - to go to King Island - ah - Melbourne. That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again (open microphone for two seconds). It is hovering and (open microphone for one second) it's not an aircraft.
    19:12:28 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet. Melbourne (open microphone for seventeen seconds).

B:L, Unsuspecting Pilot – Abducted

Role PMs are on their way out. Do not discuss your roles with anyone (except your mentor) until I let you know that all have been distributed and give all the game mechanic information

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    It looks like you need one more mentor, so I'd like to sign up to mentor if possible.

I am on EST, generally available between 9 AM and 10 PM.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    There will be less mentors than players, due to mafia typically getting one mentor for the whole group.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Roles are out, you may begin discussing.

This game has 1 seer, 1 vigilante, 1 guard, and 3 mafia with 2 nightly kills that decreases to 1 when there is one mafioso remaining (see the OP for definitions of those roles).

As a reminder, every day, you must vote for someone you find suspicious in bold red. The person with the most votes at the end of the day will be removed from the game. In the event of a tie, the person who had the higher number of votes just before the tie will be eliminated. If you make a vote, or do anything that could be construed as a vote, and you then edit that post, you will be smote (smitten?). Most severely and without prejudice. Also follow all the other rules of the game listed in the OP.

• Options
    First deadline (for both orders and votes) is 9:00 PST tomorrow (midnight EST), in roungly 29 hours 23 minutes.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Are those all of the special roles? Do the mafia have any abilities besides the two kills?

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    Are those all of the special roles? Do the mafia have any abilities besides the two kills?

The 3 listed specials (seer, vig, guard) are all the special village roles in this game. The mafia have no other abilities except that they are masoned.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    What's this? I'm playing? Okay, hmm. Lets get things started with a new Day 1 tradition! Invictus I nominate you to be the new Kime. Don't disappoint us.

• Options
    Another important note. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you allowed to include mentors on conversations between players. They are there to talk to you and you alone. You can tell them about conversations but they cannot be a part of them. You should also not reveal to anyone who your mentor is.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Anialos - CATFIGHT!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    fedaykin666fedaykin666 Registered User regular
    Alright, reading between the lines of the report, it's pretty obvious that the alien menace is already among us. I for one do not welcome our new overlords. Is there any particular reason you marked Invictus for death, Anialos?

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    OminousLozenge, you said when you got voted out of UA you looked forward to working with me sometime. And then you never even said hello in Star Wars... :(

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Alright, reading between the lines of the report, it's pretty obvious that the alien menace is already among us. I for one do not welcome our new overlords. Is there any particular reason you marked Invictus for death, Anialos?

There usually isn't any reasoning for a Day 1 vote, but if I had to give one...he's the new guy I'd be most terrified of as a mafia that isn't CesareB?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    CesareB

If someone has to go on the first round, it might as well be the one who's played in more Phallas than the rest of us.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Two angry cats is one too many! Gizzy

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    There usually isn't any reasoning for a Day 1 vote, but if I had to give one...he's the new guy I'd be most terrified of as a mafia that isn't CesareB?

Fair enough! In which case, I'm going to go with [red] CesareB [/red].

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    OminousLozenge, you said when you got voted out of UA you looked forward to working with me sometime. And then you never even said hello in Star Wars... :(

Oh my god, how unbelievably rude of me! It's a lame excuse, but I was on work travel all last week, and had a tough time keeping up with everything from my iPad.

Allow me to rectify: Hi, CesareB! How have you been? Not sympathizing with aliens since we last spoke, I hope!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Boy is my face red, even though my above vote for CesareB isn't. I'm double posting because of the editing rule and make sure my vote is hopefully clear. Maybe I should do this in the morning after a cup of coffee instead of just before bed! (Or maybe I need a better tinfoil hat to stop the aliens screwing with my BBCode?)

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    To color votes, you need to use the BBCode
    [color=red]

:)

If you mess up a vote, just make it again. There's never really a penalty for voting more than once if the first one counted, and it's better to vote the second time just in case the first one didn't count. Lest you be marked for inactivity

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Boy is my face red, even though my above vote for CesareB isn't. I'm double posting because of the editing rule and make sure my vote is hopefully clear. Maybe I should do this in the morning after a cup of coffee instead of just before bed! (Or maybe I need a better tinfoil hat to stop the aliens screwing with my BBCode?)

Yah, you'll want to fix that with a fresh vote post.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Hm, I get that there's not a ton of reason for our lynch day one, but why don't we not pile on a lot of votes onto one guy, particularly when that guy's a good player? That's just asking for the mafia to hop on. I want to see what other people say before I vote.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Hm, I get that there's not a ton of reason for our lynch day one, but why don't we not pile on a lot of votes onto one guy, particularly when that guy's a good player? That's just asking for the mafia to hop on. I want to see what other people say before I vote.

Agreed, that's why I didn't vote for CesareB, he needs a chance to redeem himself for the plague fiasco =p.

Also, putting something out there that is obvious for the mafia to hop on is a decent way to catch one. Infidel did this to me. Threw out a bait vote with a little shaky reasoning and when I bit he hung me for it.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Gotta go with what I assume is the proud tradition of these games to vote for the first guy that posted, Invictus.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    The Day 1 votes will probably change a lot. People make a bunch of initial jokey votes based on past experiences, but eventually some party pooper diligent soul will say, "Guys, srsly. Let's do this."

• Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    I guess I'll just vote for the most experienced player who still hasn't been voted for, which looks to be Mikey CTS.

• Options
    Snowglobe wrote: »
    I guess I'll just vote for the most experienced player who still hasn't been voted for, which looks to be Mikey CTS.

shit+list+2+copy.jpg

• Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    O-oh no! It wasn't personal!

• Options
    So at some point, some helpful person typically makes a list of the votes for the day. Some people will make a GoogleDrive spreadsheet, but I don't have a Google account that doesn't use my real name. At any rate, these appear to be the votes as of 7:53 pm:

Invictus: 2 - Anialos, Duke 2.0
    Anialos: 1 - Gizzy
    OminousLozenge: 1 - CesareB
    CesareB: 2 - Stilts, OminousLozenge
    Gizzy: 1 - Mikey CTS
    Mikey CTS: 1 - Snowglobe

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Oh, the joys of the Day One Chicanery! Whoever will I vote for?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Day 1 is the bestest! Until you wake up with that hangover in the morning.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Or with a noose around your neck

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Also, votes are usually bolded. So just copy and paste this!

[color=red][b]INPUTNAMEHERE[/color][/b]

• Options
    MacallanMacallan Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS for getting killed the same day as me in Matev's Star Wars phalla.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Good morning fellow phallocytes, I can already see that time zones shall continue to be my greatest enemy.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Good morning Shen. Likewise, this is going to be an early morning/ witching hour game for me.

Actually, you make a reasonable point. I no longer wish to vote for [color=lime CesareB [/color] . From that logic, I think we should vote for Stilts . Possibly he was trying to eliminate his most dangerous target first.

Of course there's always the possibility that Invictus is covering his mafia buddy, but what happens in the night should hopefully be revealing.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Unless the host is really weird, you don't actually have to do a lime retraction.

And even if you make a BBcode booboo, resist the urge to go back and fix it. Editing vote posts is strictly verboten

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    What happens with a vote tie?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Good morning fellow phallocytes, I can already see that time zones shall continue to be my greatest enemy.
    "Good morning," he says.

More like Good Mafia - is that not so, Shen?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    What happens with a vote tie?

The person that was ahead in the vote prior to the tie (according to the post ordering by vanilla, which does sometimes have time-traveling posts) will be eliminated.