Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    Let's try this ingur magic...
    TToGQ.jpg
    yYTsX.jpg

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    TToGQ.jpg
    yYTsX.jpg

That looks like some amazing @Iruka art!

• Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    TToGQ.jpg
    yYTsX.jpg

You know, I thought the same thing...hmmmmmmmmm...

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    They're beautiful!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2012
    Shit man, I cant believe I was found out that fast.

So, for context, Those are his daughters as superheros, based as well as I could on their answers to some basic questions. I still have one more to do, If I can, but I also need to do my AC secret santa!

Heres the preliminary Sketches:
    girlssecondpass.jpg

@CoJoeTheLawyer thanks for being such an awesome santee, and I hope I can finish this off for you!

Iruka on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    CoJoe has six kids?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    That's some awesome Santaing there, Iruka.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    CoJoe has six kids?

Six girls, no less?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    My package is on it's way

Thanks Proxy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qnxIsebqMJE

D:

Ed; I gotta say Santa, the constant dread you inspire in me is some next level stuff. Be assured, I have not been sleeping lately. <3

Hi Mister Raven!

If it's any consolation, Proxy was quite disturbed by the message your santa had for you. So much so that Proxy was traumatized and couldn't even make the delivery of said message for several days!

But it's OK now, Proxy is all better!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    CoJoe has six kids?

Six girls, no less?

I think the bottom three are for "my AC secret santa."

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    They are just the early sketches for what the two girls ended up being.

• Options
    Iruka wrote: »
    They are just the early sketches for what the two girls ended up being.

Well, that makes sense, then. They look awesome.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

Thanks Proxy.

D:

Ed; I gotta say Santa, the constant dread you inspire in me is some next level stuff. Be assured, I have not been sleeping lately. <3

More people should watch this video.

Because it is horrifying. Like, 1 in 10 chance this ends in murder instead of a gift.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Like 30 seconds into that video and I'm like NOPENOTGONNAHAPPENTURNINGTHISSHITOFFOHFUCKINEEDTOLOCKMYDOORS.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Box taped up, prepare for giftening to arrive this week, santee!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Thanks Proxy.

D:

More people should watch this video.

Because it is horrifying. Like, 1 in 10 chance this ends in murder instead of a gift.

I like those odds :P

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Third and final gift is on its way!

I've heard nothing from you Santa in case you're wondering and as a reminder I leave to go visit family on Saturday.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Finally, grant proposal is done. Now to open the rest of my gifts!
    "Something I can't actually verify the quality of..."
    20121213231705.jpg

Hard Labor Labour?
    20121213231758.jpg

"Something familiar?"
    20121213231819.jpg

Ghost Problems! Time Rock! Collusion!
    20121213232154.jpg

"A language universal..."
    20121213232214.jpg

CDs!
    20121213232524.jpg

"Something, uh, lucky?"
    20121213232551.jpg

Several types of dice!
    20121213232712.jpg

The haul
    20121213232813.jpg
    Not pictured: That red Swingline stapler I posted a few days ago

Santa, I need to address a couple of things, some of which you mentioned in your letter.

I feel bad for rushing you. I was just getting nervous. There had been no communication until just recently.

I really dug the stapler. It was not a "misfire" as you put it.

I saw the packing slip for WWE 13. You mentioned in your letter that this was the hardest item to work on. I can see that, seeing that you paid to have the game sent to you first so you could bubble wrap it and put a sticky note on the cover to reference an in-joke and then have it shipped back to me

I actually have been loving what I've heard of Like A Version for years, and I just started listening to Tame Impala like...two weeks ago.

But the cost of shipping! And the prices on the packing slip!

I asked for a surprises and I certainly got them. I haven't heard of most of the stuff I got and that's fantastic.

@Gutterkisser, you are so...dedicated it's scary. You make me want to have been a better Santa.

The box you sent the stuff in describes you well.
    CDyjJ.jpg

I'm amazed Australia Post's arrival estimate was actually honest! Don't worry about the supposed rushing- I just wasn't familiar with the pre-game that goes on in these Secret Santas, had also planned on sending it a lot earlier.

But hey, who can survive without stationery and Steam games? I've got very little overhead this Christmas so this was a good excuse to just buy some shit. I know CDs are basically obsolete media, but it was a chance to support a local independent store (and artists) and feels more appropriate for music recommendations. I stalked your Last.fm account a bit so I'm hoping they reflect your tastes somewhat.

I haven't seen Wake In Fright yet but it was the best film I could think of that was uniquely Australian without being entirely cringe-inducing. Though it's actually directed by a Canadian, the guy who did First Blood I believe. Sweat, dust and beer.

The book might be way off target but it seemed like you'd at least had a passing interest in noir. I'm equally curious on what local noir is, but Hard Labour appeared to get solid reviews. Hopefully there should be some good characterisation in there.

The dice are just a lazy nod to your mention of D&D, I'm not informed enough to go any deeper than that but I'm told they're all you need. Unless the shop assistant upsold my ignorant ass with some smooth bullshit.

I haven't played a wrestling game since WCW vs nWo: World Tour on the N64, but that story creation mode sure looks dumb/brilliant. Enjoy. Enjoy it all! A Merry Christmas to you.

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    /receives message about incoming gift
    /excited

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Deep into that hist'ry peering, long I sat here wondering, fearing,
    Hoping that my stalking would allow my Christmas plans to hatch.
    Make the parcel fit for going o'er the sea - excitement growing -
    Wrapped and filled to overflowing; `Make it to the door unscratched.'
    Logging now into the forum, praying it survives unscratched;
    Posts the Santa, `Goods dispatched.'

forumsig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    TToGQ.jpg
    yYTsX.jpg

You know, I thought the same thing...hmmmmmmmmm...

Iruka is a fantastic artist!

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Hopefully mine is floating around the US at the moment on its last leg...I was told eta Wed 19 - Fri 21. Fingers crossed

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Well fuck.

I mailed my gift to my international santa 2 weeks ago. Today I get a knock on the door from the postman, and he hands me my package, with a nice return to sender sticker on it. He has no idea why, nothing on the package gives any indication why. According to tracking, it just kind of went to a nearby sort facility, spent a couple weeks there and just came right back to me. It wasn't opened or anything, so any sort of customs thing shouldn't have been the problem. Was the address screwed up? I checked again and I copied it exactly.

I just don't fucking know! What the hell am I supposed to do?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    @Schide It'll cost you, but use UPS or FedEx

I'm about to head out the door and send some gifts via UPS, after this year's debacle I will never again use standard mail on international orders

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    :s
    That's genuinely strange ...

Can you do something like call the shipping service's customer service and inquire why it might have been returned, and if nobody can tell you why, perhaps get compensation for shipping it again?

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I shipped straight from US Amazon to Canada.

No point in paying freight twice.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Giftget.gif

Part 2 of 2 has arrived! (it actually arrived last week, but it's been madness and I just now had time to get the pictures edited and posted)

Having no cats willing to participate, I enlisted a surrogate elf for assistance:

He couldn't wait to get the box opened...
    OFoeR.jpg

A box full of packing peanuts! My Favorite!
    SlZHg.jpg

The elf has informed me there is something else in the box!
    Zqiyx.jpg

Its the rare "ShrinkWrap Plant!"
    pBx0T.jpg

No, wait...it's actually a super cool Juniper Bansai! I have always wanted one of these for my cube in the office and @imperfect has come through again! Thank you, and I'll follow up with some action shots once I actually get back to the office with it!
    llWYZ.jpg

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    What an insanely original gift.
    I declare @imperfect has gained a level in life! +1 to you, Sir!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Once again, big thanks to @shadowfire for my gifts! I've been playing Picross 3D and I just finished level 3 of the easy puzzles. These are just so much fun!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Picross 3D may very well be the best DS game

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also, free packing peanuts!

Not as delicious as regular peanuts, but whaddaya gonna do? Free food!

Glad you like it. =3

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    A bonsai! That's awesome!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Oh, hurrah. A package has been delivered. :D

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Allforce wrote: »
    Got a random gift!
    Box from ThinkGeek!
    C360_2012-12-11-16-33-40.jpg

Inside...a monkey sticker!
    C360_2012-12-11-16-35-05.jpg

And besides that...a Tetris alarm clock! The numbers fall away as tetraminos as the time changes!
    C360_2012-12-11-16-34-53.jpg

Outside the box shot
    C360_2012-12-11-16-37-01.jpg

Unfortunately, the clock is able to be set....but doesn't keep time. No tumbling numbers. Booooo. Also the backlight can be turned on but won't shut off without yanking the batteries. Double boooo. :(

But it's the thought that counts, so thank you Santa! The monkey sticker is awesome and my daughter snatched that right up to put on her school binder :D

Well just an update, I never heard from my Santa, so I went ahead and contacted ThinkGeek about my broken clock, which was a weird conversation since their advice of "Just tell whoever bought it for you to contact us!" was not a valid option. Eventually the rep just had another one shipped which showed up today.....along with another box with ANOTHER Tetris Clock.

So I don't know if my Santa contacted them as well or what, but I am literally flush with Tetris Clocks at this point. 2 working, 1 broken!

Allforce on
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    OK, it's now been a week since the gift I sent to my santee was listed as delivered. I'm concerned. Santee if you received it and are just waiting til Christmas to open it, please just let me know it arrived. Actually, now that I think about it, you may not know it's from me if you haven't opened it...so, if any Santee's have received gifts and haven't opened them yet, could you say so? I kinda get paranoid about these things.

On an unrelated note, but still Christmas oriented, I received an early Christmas gift from a friend (not my Secret Santa however, they already gifted me some awesomez), and I feel I must share it with you all. I got a ForceFX Lightsaber, styled after Luke Skywalkers' in RoTJ!

Edit: Still waiting for Secret Santa @Mint to stand up and take a bow...you know you wanna, don't fight it.

never-ending-reign on
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

Part 2 of 2 has arrived! (it actually arrived last week, but it's been madness and I just now had time to get the pictures edited and posted)

Having no cats willing to participate, I enlisted a surrogate elf for assistance:

He couldn't wait to get the box opened...
    OFoeR.jpg

A box full of packing peanuts! My Favorite!
    SlZHg.jpg

The elf has informed me there is something else in the box!
    Zqiyx.jpg

Its the rare "ShrinkWrap Plant!"
    pBx0T.jpg

No, wait...it's actually a super cool Juniper Bansai! I have always wanted one of these for my cube in the office and @imperfect has come through again! Thank you, and I'll follow up with some action shots once I actually get back to the office with it!
    llWYZ.jpg

Bonsai trees are an amazing thing. I got one last year, and it's probably one of the most enjoyable things in life for me, in a lot of different ways.

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    I have yet to recieve anything.

• Options
    MintMint Registered User regular

Giftget.gif

Thanks so much @Mint for this barrage of awesome gifting! I can only assume you made the Wheatley and painting yourself, so when I say you're crafty, there's an awesome double-meaning. Crafty because you make awesome things and crafty because I still have no idea how some of my gifts were delivered in person and some were mailed O_o You crafty goose. Also, Kush is extremely weird about not eating stuff when he is outside of his tank, but when I put him back in, I gave him some of the treats and he DEVOURED them. He absolutely loves them, and wishes me to send on his thanks. And I thank you for including something for him, that was hella cool. I will post pics of when the Lego set is complete if ya like, but I will have to wait til my exams are done (Tuesday) before I get started :)

Please excuse me not taking pics of the actual unwrapping Santa @Mint, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a little kid when it comes to presents and ripping them open immediately. Plus my turtle is skittish and it would just be damn near impossible to set it all up LOL.

@never-ending-reign
    woot! I am glad you enjoyed your gifts!
    yeah I was happy ish with the painting I hope you enjoy it and the wheatly :)
    I am happy kush enjoys his treats too!! yeah!

Giving has to be the most fun with SS

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Yeah. I can't wait for my Santee to get their gifts. More anxious about that than getting my own stuff.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Also, free packing peanuts!

Not as delicious as regular peanuts, but whaddaya gonna do? Free food!

Glad you like it. =3

For what its worth, my 4 year old (the elf pictured above) got himself in trouble when I left him unattended and he decided that his cars needed some snow. In the living room. It took an hour to clean it up. :)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984