• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    What the fuck are you guys talking about in here
    hrmmmmm
    c23ytru.jpg

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    For all we know, the 18 year old girl may get locked up into a room by herself for ten years if you don't "buy" her. Or all the things/people you don't want get put into the queue for the next person given this choice. What is her story? Why is this all happening? What did she do to become an option on a list of distractions one can spend points on?

I would pick her just to find out.
    What did Barry Bonds do?
    What did the doctor do??

What did the puppies do????

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Tabarnaque!

Forces from Serious Business (3:26) came through and ravaged our lands! They captured 711 acres! We lost 145 soldiers, 2,698 Zombies and 4,083 Ghouls in this battle.

GRRRR. My generals are still out for 15 hours. I'll kick his ass when they come back

Networth 946,517 gold coins

Douche.. ruining my dream of finishing above a million.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Sooo....

5mil

18 yr old - 18 [18]
    jacuzzi - 3 [21]
    TV - 7 [28]
    Fast Food - 4 [32]
    Mayo Clinic - 3 [35]

The TV covers all movies, news, shows, etc... though I have to watch on their schedule I assume, which means maintaining some semblance of a schedule and the awareness of the passing of time. This feels really important to me with regards to long periods of isolation.

Fast Food is such a broad spectrum of stuff that I can be as healthy or as decadent as I want? Feel shitty? Baconators it is! Want to lose some weight? Wendy's Salads. Taco Bell Fresca. Totally doable.

Doctors are crazy important, yo. Especially if you are eating fast food all the time, and doing workout routines in your living room using furniture and whatnot.

Jacuzzi is fun from a "lol sex with the 18 year old" angle, but really, after ten years, having all your teeth rot out and having grown an untamed beard / mop of hair... no, the hygiene products are the real reason here.

And finally, the 18 year old. The most important one on the list and any of you not picking it are fucking crazy. It's another human being. Who cares about the sex part, its someone to talk to after finishing watching a good bit of television, someone to share hopes and dreams with, someone to hold close when you fall asleep... basic human comfort. The sex is the bonus, not the primary benefit of this option, and its understandable why it is so expensive. And who the fuck cares if she likes Fun. or some other band you don't know; you have 10 years to find that happy medium of enjoying (or tolerating) some of her stuff, and her doing the same.

because it's ridiculously creepy and internet makes the rest redundant!

For all we know, the 18 year old girl may get locked up into a room by herself for ten years if you don't "buy" her. Or all the things/people you don't want get put into the queue for the next person given this choice. What is her story? Why is this all happening? What did she do to become an option on a list of distractions one can spend points on?

she's like, totally, like, in to twilight, synd. like, team edward!!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I am testing my bourbon to see if it still makes a good old fashioned.

because of course.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Jean wrote: »
    Tabarnaque!

Forces from Serious Business (3:26) came through and ravaged our lands! They captured 711 acres! We lost 145 soldiers, 2,698 Zombies and 4,083 Ghouls in this battle.

GRRRR. My generals are still out for 15 hours. I'll kick his ass when they come back

Networth 946,517 gold coins

Douche.. ruining my dream of finishing above a million.

whatcha playin?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Tabarnaque!

Quebecois have the funniest swears.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

What did Barry Bonds do?
    What did the doctor do??

What did the puppies do????

ten years for excessive cuteness

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    And finally, the 18 year old. The most important one on the list and any of you not picking it are fucking crazy. It's another human being. Who cares about the sex part, its someone to talk to after finishing watching a good bit of television, someone to share hopes and dreams with, someone to hold close when you fall asleep... basic human comfort. The sex is the bonus, not the primary benefit of this option, and its understandable why it is so expensive. And who the fuck cares if she likes Fun. or some other band you don't know; you have 10 years to find that happy medium of enjoying (or tolerating) some of her stuff, and her doing the same.
    Much like Barry Bonds, you've basically dragged her out of her normal life to live with you in a basement.

The cellphone (or internet) at least mean that you can chat with people who you know, you actually know and care about, and keep in touch.
    At least Barry Bonds has it coming.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    hrmmmmm
    c23ytru.jpg
    The gun with three bullets should be negative points. Like, you get points back for taking it.

I would take infinite guns

Workshop + library = infinite guns

Yes but that's ten points whereas in this case infinite guns would be -∞ points

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    i mean at 3% inflation you lose a lot of purchasing power if you can't invest over 10 years

something like earning 7.5mm or 8mm today

that's 20-25% of your payout!! you are getting screwed in this deal!

Being 35 y/o with 8 mil in the bank sounds excellent.

you paid them 2 million bucks to keep you in a prison for 10 years

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    so what do i do with my 12 points

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Talking of gardens and puppies and not needing a workout room, I think it might be time to get my exercise on before it gets too dark. Catch you gents/ladies in a bit.
    Elendil wrote: »
    so what do i do with my 12 points
    2x puppy obviously.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    i mean at 3% inflation you lose a lot of purchasing power if you can't invest over 10 years

I was assuming it's inflation-adjusted.

Also, if you take the stock market, you have to take something through which you can get news; at a bare minimum the cell phone, but ideally the internet. Once you're getting news, though, you're hearing what's happening in the outside world, while being unable to actually participate in it, which to me seems far, far worse than the alternative.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Sooo....

5mil

18 yr old - 18 [18]
    jacuzzi - 3 [21]
    TV - 7 [28]
    Fast Food - 4 [32]
    Mayo Clinic - 3 [35]

The TV covers all movies, news, shows, etc... though I have to watch on their schedule I assume, which means maintaining some semblance of a schedule and the awareness of the passing of time. This feels really important to me with regards to long periods of isolation.

Fast Food is such a broad spectrum of stuff that I can be as healthy or as decadent as I want? Feel shitty? Baconators it is! Want to lose some weight? Wendy's Salads. Taco Bell Fresca. Totally doable.

Doctors are crazy important, yo. Especially if you are eating fast food all the time, and doing workout routines in your living room using furniture and whatnot.

Jacuzzi is fun from a "lol sex with the 18 year old" angle, but really, after ten years, having all your teeth rot out and having grown an untamed beard / mop of hair... no, the hygiene products are the real reason here.

because it's ridiculously creepy and internet makes the rest redundant!

she's like, totally, like, in to twilight, synd. like, team edward!!

Awesome. That's great.

I'm totally into the Dark Tower. She probably won't dig it like I do.

But we will likely enjoy watching Community or something along those lines, and over time find common stuff we do like.

Keep in mind, I was engaged to a girl for two years who loved tiny dogs in funny clothing; my ability to see past the stuff I don't care about for the parts that are mutually beneficial and enjoyable is STRONG.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

And, suddenly, their ability to acquire all of these things makes sense.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

What? That doesn't make sense. I only get the money if I stay there for 10 years.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Will Barry Bonds totally have sex with me?

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    18 year olds are horrible people and I don't want to be stuck with one for a decade.

is the person forever 18

better be

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    And I walk into a discussion that seems to involve an 18 year old being bought or left in a room for 10 years.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Look guys this is clearly an experiment where you being alive in the basement is the point. Presumably they would pressure you into taking the stuff you need to survive. I break the system by spending all my points on guns

Come

At

Me

Bro

• Options
    it's not what it sounds like, thom.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    reading this convict conditioning book

organichu "shazkar shadowstorm"
    good choice skippydumptruck

i have an ebook of it

(i still say if you have access to a gym tho u shuld go n pump some iron cuz its da bes)

I did the wall pushups yesterday

they were really easy

I'm not sure how long you're supposed to stay in one stage before moving to the next

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    oh god the sex and the internet are mutually exclusive

story of my life

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »

I was assuming it's inflation-adjusted.

Also, if you take the stock market, you have to take something through which you can get news; at a bare minimum the cell phone, but ideally the internet.

a lot of the other options have caveats (internet doesn't allow you to stream or access to online brokerage) so i'm assuming that having access to a brokerage allows you access to relevant information (ie, news, articles on companies, etc.)

if not i'm not investing blind. i'd do something else with my 7 points

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    And I walk into a discussion that seems to involve an 18 year old being bought or left in a room for 10 years.

Everyone having this discussion should watch Cube.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tabarnaque!

Ostie, don't be makin fun of our manner of speaking!

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    The "you can't download anything" is really vague and kills the internet option.

I mean, I can get a PC and games. Can I then get on skype and play games with my friends? If so I need the internet. And I need to download things on the internet.

But I do agree on human companionship as necessary. There's a reason why solitary confinement in prison is one of the worst punishments available. I would guess that the Barry Bonds and 18 yr old girl would be willing to be there. If not, the options are kinda creepy.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Also, I think Television without Internet would be magnificent, since I don't have to participate in threads filled with people bitching about how show X isn't as good as it used to be.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't take the stock market because imagine if you lost it all with like 8 years left. You'd probably kill yourself

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Tabarnaque!

My company is based in Montreal, so I've got a bunch of Quebecois coworkers, and they make me giggle.

l2French

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    The "you can't download anything" is really vague and kills the internet option.

I mean, I can get a PC and games. Can I then get on skype and play games with my friends? If so I need the internet. And I need to download things on the internet.

But I do agree on human companionship as necessary. There's a reason why solitary confinement in prison is one of the worst punishments available. I would guess that the Barry Bonds and 18 yr old girl would be willing to be there. If not, the options are kinda creepy.

i would think the "can't stream or download anything" means you can't download books, recipes, movies, tv shows, games, etc. so as to not override other choices.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sorry I am not good at these survival scenarios. There is just not any combo I would be satisfied with. I pass.

• Options
    Tabarnaque!

My company is based in Montreal, so I've got a bunch of Quebecois coworkers, and they make me giggle.

l2French

What company izzit?

• Options
    I'm kind of surprised that so many people take the radio, but not the sound system and all music ever recorded

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I'm just going to assume the doctors and barry bonds and girl all agreed to a similar deal to end up in some queue of items in nullspace

the puppy and kitten are of course victims

override367 on
  • Options
    Also, I think Television without Internet would be magnificent, since I don't have to participate in threads filled with people bitching about how show X isn't as good as it used to be.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

i thought the community episode was great

haters gonna hate

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Tabarnaque!

l2French

What company izzit?

CGI. I work for the American subisidiary, CGI Federal.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Dude DK come on reddit and 4chan are not interchangable. 4chan doesn't defend pedophiles.
    What the fuck are you guys talking about in here

A dumb 4chan/reddit thought game where you pay points to spec out an underground prison that you have to stay in for 10 years.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    It is just all shoddy and poorly put together

the meme shows none of the hallmarks of master memesmanship!

Where have all the competent memesmiths of yesteryear gone?

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.