Options

A Beautiful [chat]

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    So seriously now:

Drop to $5m.

Full Kitchen (6)
    Garden with Greenhouse (8) and 2x puppies (20)
    Upgraded Doctor (23)
    Library (27)
    Cellphone (30)
    Hygiene Products (33)
    Satellite Radio (35)

You don't really need a workout area too badly if you've got a garden and a couple of dogs to play with (I assume you also don't need a skylight, what with having a garden and a greenhouse). The library and radio can keep you fairly occupied (and the radio keeps you up to date), and the dogs will keep you company (they don't necessarily have to be a stud and a bitch). And the cellphone means you can call family and friends once and week and keep some measure of sanity while stuck down in your basement; the library, radio and dogs means you have something to chat about with them too.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    id just get an algorithm to do it

statistically better than me doing it, so fuck it

screw human investing, let machines lead the way

scheck when the robot revoloution happens we can make you a cuborg.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I am two pieces of paperwork and an application approval away from independence

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

you need more than 10mm in capital to make anything at hft though

i'd put a third in market etfs, half in high yield etfs and then the rest just play the options game

bet big win big

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    If I made 100 million dollars, I'd get into high frequency trading and use machine learning algorithms to figure out how to crash the market.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I like how they make you pay an extra point for chick-fil-a.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    So can we just agree that the real best solution is

kitchen
    puppy
    puppy
    puppy
    puppy

• Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    yeah, revised list.

stock market
    hygiene
    library
    workout
    kitchen
    clinic
    skylight

Emerge from your basement retardedly rich, buy a mansion and be stupid eccentric.

Theoretically.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

ironically enough, it's a sin tax

• Options

chicken biscuits, bro

although if you have your own full kitchen you can make your own chicken biscuits

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    M! million is large M!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Directly infusing chicken with the power of Christ isn't cheap you know.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I really feel like there needs to be a cheaper sexual option. Like, 6 points for the girl to show up once a week.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Okay fuck the movers who packed our stuff. Glassware and plates literally put beneath pots and pans and my desktop does not start. Christ.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    oh my god stock market take the stock market you idiots TIME VALUE OF MONEY INFLATION TAKE THE STOCK MARKET TAKE THE FUCKING STOCK MARKET NOW OHY MY GOD HIGH YEIODL ETFS ALL DAY FUCKING OPTIONS 10 MILLUION OINTO 100 OH MY GOD 10 YEAR AVERAGE RETURN ARE YOU KIDDING ME TAKE THE FUCKIANG STOCK AMARETEDK

7 points...

Quality of life for 10 years would suck if I shaved 7 points off.
    THERES NOWHERE TO CUT.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    M! million is large M!

MM is the common abbreviation in finance, so i use it out of habit

thousand thousand

if you just write M people think you're talking in thousands

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I really feel like there needs to be a cheaper sexual option. Like, 6 points for the girl to show up once a week.

Have you ever been in a relationship where this works out?

• Options
    Tell your New Delhi doctor that you need sexual therapy?

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Trying to imagine how to keep up on tooth care without the hygiene perk.

What is the doctor able to do?

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

i'd put a third in market etfs, half in high yield etfs and then the rest just play the options game

bet big win big

you are the second person I've seen who writes million as 'mm' or 'MM'. Is that very common?

edit: and you've already answered this! nm

Tamin on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

bet big win big

br0 its not like i lose the rest of my dollars 8D

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    So can we just agree that the real best solution is

puppy trainer
    puppy
    puppy
    puppy
    puppy
    puppy
    puppy

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Fast food 4
    Skylight 2
    Girl 18
    Doctor 2
    HD Camera 3
    Gun 1

Oh yeah. I went there.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    M! million is large M!

thousand thousand

that is godamn stupid. Why can't they use k like everybody else?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    This thing with Joe Arpaio's armed posse's running around schools is going to wind up with them shooting a kid.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I don't think I'd ever let anyone pack our stuff but us. Sure, it takes days, but it combines nicely with a stock take of the tons of crap we hoard and enables us to throw stuff out.

• Options
    M! million is large M!

thousand thousand

k = kilo = cocaine.

trufax

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Picking the girl is definitely contingent upon:

1) her being enthusiastic and into it

And

2) the ability to go sans condoms without consequences

*nods sagely*

Yeah I picked that but assuming it's like an actual relationship that we are both committed to before we go into the basement

cuz otherwise fuck it the exercise is depressing and i don't wanna play

sig.gif
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    So wait..10 mill up front and a stock market? So what's to stop you from investing..doubling your money, then leaving the basement and forfeiting 10 million..and still having 10 million

You can't leave

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    oh my god stock market take the stock market you idiots TIME VALUE OF MONEY INFLATION TAKE THE STOCK MARKET TAKE THE FUCKING STOCK MARKET NOW OHY MY GOD HIGH YEIODL ETFS ALL DAY FUCKING OPTIONS 10 MILLUION OINTO 100 OH MY GOD 10 YEAR AVERAGE RETURN ARE YOU KIDDING ME TAKE THE FUCKIANG STOCK AMARETEDK

7 points...

Quality of life for 10 years would suck if I shaved 7 points off.
    THERES NOWHERE TO CUT.

exterior_medium.jpg

cimage_7a5e7b6048-thumbb.jpg

280px-F40ferarri20090509.jpg

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Because they have received a classical education, and value the Roman contribution to the field of mathematics.

• Options
    burn down wall street for this and for this alone

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    18 year olds are horrible people and I don't want to be stuck with one for a decade.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2013
    Sooo....

5mil

18 yr old - 18 [18]
    jacuzzi - 3 [21]
    TV - 7 [28]
    Fast Food - 4 [32]
    Mayo Clinic - 3 [35]

The TV covers all movies, news, shows, etc... though I have to watch on their schedule I assume, which means maintaining some semblance of a schedule and the awareness of the passing of time. This feels really important to me with regards to long periods of isolation.

Fast Food is such a broad spectrum of stuff that I can be as healthy or as decadent as I want? Feel shitty? Baconators it is! Want to lose some weight? Wendy's Salads. Taco Bell Fresca. Totally doable.

Doctors are crazy important, yo. Especially if you are eating fast food all the time, and doing workout routines in your living room using furniture and whatnot.

Jacuzzi is fun from a "lol sex with the 18 year old" angle, but really, after ten years, having all your teeth rot out and having grown an untamed beard / mop of hair... no, the hygiene products are the real reason here.

And finally, the 18 year old. The most important one on the list and any of you not picking it are fucking crazy. It's another human being. Who cares about the sex part, its someone to talk to after finishing watching a good bit of television, someone to share hopes and dreams with, someone to hold close when you fall asleep... basic human comfort. The sex is the bonus, not the primary benefit of this option, and its understandable why it is so expensive. And who the fuck cares if she likes Fun. or some other band you don't know; you have 10 years to find that happy medium of enjoying (or tolerating) some of her stuff, and her doing the same.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    18 year olds are horrible people and I don't want to be stuck with one for a decade.

and we have returned to the beginning of the conversation

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    reading this convict conditioning book

@organichu @shazkar shadowstorm
    good choice @skippydumptruck

i have an ebook of it

(i still say if you have access to a gym tho u shuld go n pump some iron cuz its da bes)

poo
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    DEAR [CHAT],

I have massive poops that i'm always afraid will clog toilets.

That is all.

So you create shit that even the best shit eater can't swallow? You have a bright future at Ubisoft.

If this joke were any more strained it would be soup.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I feel like you need either the internet or the radio in order to be able to play the stock market well. You need to keep up to date, and let's be honest, a lot can happen in five years.

Going back to 2003, who would consider a search engine company to be worth putting a lot of stock into?
    Or similarly, governments decide to raise taxes on big businesses... which happen to be where all your stocks are. But without that information, you're unaware of what's about to go down in money town.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

is the person forever 18

poo
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Sooo....

5mil

18 yr old - 18 [18]
    jacuzzi - 3 [21]
    TV - 7 [28]
    Fast Food - 4 [32]
    Mayo Clinic - 3 [35]

The TV covers all movies, news, shows, etc... though I have to watch on their schedule I assume, which means maintaining some semblance of a schedule and the awareness of the passing of time. This feels really important to me with regards to long periods of isolation.

Fast Food is such a broad spectrum of stuff that I can be as healthy or as decadent as I want? Feel shitty? Baconators it is! Want to lose some weight? Wendy's Salads. Taco Bell Fresca. Totally doable.

Doctors are crazy important, yo. Especially if you are eating fast food all the time, and doing workout routines in your living room using furniture and whatnot.

Jacuzzi is fun from a "lol sex with the 18 year old" angle, but really, after ten years, having all your teeth rot out and having grown an untamed beard / mop of hair... no, the hygiene products are the real reason here.

And finally, the 18 year old. The most important one on the list and any of you not picking it are fucking crazy. It's another human being. Who cares about the sex part, its someone to talk to after finishing watching a good bit of television, someone to share hopes and dreams with, someone to hold close when you fall asleep... basic human comfort. The sex is the bonus, not the primary benefit of this option, and its understandable why it is so expensive. And who the fuck cares if she likes Fun. or some other band you don't know; you have 10 years to find that happy medium of enjoying (or tolerating) some of her stuff, and her doing the same.

i can hug my earnings reports!

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.