As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Omeganaut calls are going out.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I went ahead and registered #pax_omegathon on slashnet if anyone wants to use it. We do love our IRC in #pax ;)

• Options
    thePOWblockthePOWblock BrooklynRegistered User regular
    supersonik wrote: »
    Sent in responses to the email after spending like 45 min camwhoring with my cell phone camera XD

Alicia said that this one will also be in pairs. I forgot to ask if the pairs will be determined pre-pax or not...

Let's try to stay in touch with each other here, on twitter, maybe set up an IRC channel? And once the games list comes out, let's post it here and practice the hell out of them, so we give the audience a good show :D

Last year, the pairs were set after round 1. We had the X-Men Arcade game in groups of four, top two scorers moved on to the next round as a pair.

-2012 PAX East Omegathon Champ
    -twitter handle: FiascoKnowsNYC
  • Options
    andrAIaandrAIa Registered User new member
    Twitter handle: @spritelyandrAIa

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I got a call my first PAX, but I had only checked it off for the other person I'd bought a pass for, and sadly they wouldn't let him take my place. I felt bad turning them down, but getting the call was still pretty neat!

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    sarysary 100% pure awesomesauce manchester, nhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    there's a facebook group, for all us omegaletes, past and present. frack if i know how to invite anyone to it though.

#teamporkbunsforever.

ETA: if any of y'alls bow out, i nominate @BaconSandwich for your spot. just sayin'.

sary on
    Twitter: @seryseraphical

PAX East 2012 Omeganaut. Awesomest. Time. Ever.
  • Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    I will FIGHT THAT MAN for that spot. >_> He's on my turf! Ain't no trained gators to save him up here!

But if you want to be invited to the FB group, please message me here with your details and I'll invite you.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    mtolanmtolan Registered User regular
    Twitter handle: @mtolan
    Ready to Omegathon my FACE OFF. Again.

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    NOT THAT I KNOW ANYTHING.

But if I did.. I'd say it's super important that you guys check your email boxes and respond by Friday.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    nintendollnintendoll Registered User regular
    In retrospect, I should have used the photo of me covered in inflatable dinosaurs from the Child's Play fundraiser I did. Hindsight is 20/20.

• Options
    pardimatepardimate Registered User regular
    I just saw this thread. I guess this explains the missed call from the blocked number I got on the 15th, haha!

IL8kkvS.png
  • Options
    KarissaEBKarissaEB Lady High Queen of Multitasking and Procrastination St. Louis, MO (but really IL)Registered User new member
    Sooo I'm doing this. :D (I'm @SJBsMama on the tweeter.) First PAX East, third ever convention, going to hug every BioWare face I see. And every other Omeganaut face I see. Fair warning.

• Options
    jcuredjcured Registered User regular
    PORKBUNS!!!!

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Hey @Themiscyra we doing an omeganaut dinner or lunch this year?

jcured on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm an omeganaut... rawr!

• Options
    supersoniksupersonik BronyCon Head of Event Programming Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    whacha guys practicing? my buddies suggested tetris attack and mario kart, but i'm hoping for something less twitch and more strategic like advance wars this year :3 or maybe a blast from the past with an unreal tournament/quake 3 arena deathmatch?

• Options
    Well it has to be something that isn't TOO long and will be fun to watch as well as play.

I've been playing some Text Twist to brush up on my wordplay skills, but I'm thinking there might be some of the new MarioKart? It seems to be a popular one. Unfortunately, the new one requires a lot less strategy than Double Dash since the rubber-banding is ridiculous.

• Options
    whacha guys practicing? my buddies suggested tetris attack and mario kart, but i'm hoping for something less twitch and more strategic like advance wars this year :3 or maybe a blast from the past with an unreal tournament/quake 3 arena deathmatch?

Ancient Chinese Secret :)
    I'm trying to practice for round 3 now, so that I can clear enough schedule time to really hit the rounds 1&2 games once they've been announced.

• Options
    greatzottgreatzott Registered User new member
    Hnngg people talking about training makes me feel like they know something I don't.

• Options
    KexaronKexaron Registered User new member
    I was also selected as an Omeganaut for PAX 2013. Not really planning on training, I'm definitely a little excited and nervous about the competition. Should be a blast.

• Options
    supersoniksupersonik BronyCon Head of Event Programming Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    mtolan wrote: »

Ancient Chinese Secret :)
    I'm trying to practice for round 3 now, so that I can clear enough schedule time to really hit the rounds 1&2 games once they've been announced.

:O you know what the round 3 game is?

• Options
    :O you know what the round 3 game is?

Not really, I'm just guessing it's going to be Dance Central 3.

• Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    @jcured Sorry, I haven't been checking on this thread when I really should have. (Also I didn't get the notification on your post...weird.) We're trying to organize something through the FB group, but we can't really finalize the details until we see the schedule. I doubt we'll get everyone, of course, but we're trying to get as many people as we can.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    well @Themiscyra let me know! Id like to meet up with the new omeganauts and i also didnt get notification either! well keep me posted on twitter!

• Options
    greatzott wrote: »
    Hnngg people talking about training makes me feel like they know something I don't.

No worries, the second I hear what the games are, I'll share all I know about the games and methods of practice with everyone else. Doing a bit of Psych/Logic leads me to believe that if everyone has the same info and has the same amount of time and resources to train, then the whole event will be more fun for us and the crowd :D

Theory:
    Assuming everyone keeps their own knowledge about the games and optimal strategies secret, you have the following 4 possibilities for classes for yourself and your partner:
    A, a gaming guru and has had prior knowledge of the games and practiced
    B, a non-gamer who has had prior knowledge of the games and practiced
    C, a gaming guru and has not had prior knowledge of the games and not practiced
    D, a non-gamer who has not had prior knowledge of the games and not practiced
    Possible pairings would then be AA, AB, AC, AD, BB, BC, BD, CC, CD, and DD. Having an AA team sweep the floor wouldn't even be fun to watch after Round 2.

If everyone shares their info, knowledge, and passion for the games, the individual possibilities are reduced to either A or B.
    Possible pairings would then be AA, AB, and BB.

There is also the thought that with enough practice, guru status does not matter anymore, and the competition is simply which team puts in the combined effort of practicing more :) That's also the point when you make crazy >100,000 View videos on Youtube of two equally balanced teams going head to head in matches that defy reason :D

Personally, I am pulling all stops to win the trip to Germany. It would be an awesome, once-in-a-lifetime experience for me 8-> for that, I'm going to give my teammate a partner they can count on!

-Master of Overthinking Out

• Options
    We should do an Omega playdate <3 Either steam or xbox live or whatever.

• Options
    Well, thus far 5 Omeganauts have posted their twitter handles here that I can see. I have compiled a list, here https://twitter.com/paxcommunity/pax-east-2013-omeganauts

Let me know anyone I've missed.

• Options
    BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    sary wrote: »
    there's a facebook group, for all us omegaletes, past and present. frack if i know how to invite anyone to it though.

#teamporkbunsforever.

ETA: if any of y'alls bow out, i nominate @BaconSandwich for your spot. just sayin'.

How awesome would that be? I don't think there's been a 4-time Omega.
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    I will FIGHT THAT MAN for that spot. >_> He's on my turf! Ain't no trained gators to save him up here!

But if you want to be invited to the FB group, please message me here with your details and I'll invite you.

Bring it, Red. I'm not afraid of you, or the delicious cream rolls your city is named after.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm yeshuron on twitter

• Options
    futility wrote: »
    I'm yeshuron on twitter

Added.

• Options
    tangentiatangentia Registered User regular
    I'm tweeting as @tangentize . Hoping to get the game list soon...has there ever been a time when omeganauts weren't told the list?

• Options
    My twitter is @supersonik319

• Options
    My twitter is @supersonik319

Yes, if you look, you were already on the list, since you posted it earlier.

• Options
    tangentia wrote: »
    I'm tweeting as @tangentize . Hoping to get the game list soon...has there ever been a time when omeganauts weren't told the list?

Added. And no, you will get the game list of all the games except for the final round when the schedule comes out, most likely.

• Options
    greatzottgreatzott Registered User new member
    @dahannon is my twitterino

• Options
    Twitter handle is @nintendoll :)

• Options
    ZephsaceZephsace Gaming Mistress NYRegistered User regular

Practicing during the upcoming weeks is extremely helpful, especially if someone in your team isn't familiar/good with the game. Last year at Prime, my friend Kyle, who ended up winning, had practiced all the games, but the girl who came in second was part of his 4v4 Dance Central team. She was amazing and was probably the reason their team won. She wasn't that great at Banagrams (the semi-final game), but Kyle was. Practicing just means you better your chance at winning.

I'm a freak so once I know the games, I'll be spending any time not doing work or school playing them. Plus it's Germany! Let's do this!

• Options
    @dahannon is my twitterino
    nintendoll wrote: »
    Twitter handle is @nintendoll :)
    added

• Options
    currently practicing battletoads, contra, and project diva arcade. If I can master reflexes, strategy, and rhythm, that should prepare me for the games list :D

• Options
    ZephsaceZephsace Gaming Mistress NYRegistered User regular
    Schedule's up. It's Bomberman Live, NBA Jam On Fire Edition, and Jenga. Looks like we've got our orders!

• Options
    Who wants to have a Bomberman Live night? I happen to own the game already :)