As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Killing Floor] 2 Fleshpounds 1 Pipe

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Anyone playing this tonight?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think I could be convinced to get in on a game later.

I will, as always, be hanging out in the PA steam chat.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fuck, I keep forgetting how much I love this game until I play it. I love the new weapons (the nail gun is aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeesome!) and I'll pick up the new weapon pack and a character skin as well. Tripwire is amazing.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/L2JHYGvo4F4

Damn, that axe looks sweet!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    bless you tripwire.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    They misspelled "Fight" in that trailer.

That said, this is the kind of stuff that makes me love KF more than what TF2 has become: great new useful gear and crazy stuff to keep the game fresh. I really have to start getting warmed up later tonight.

• Options
    The update's been up since yesterday for all interested, and the Z.E.D.'s great fun (though you have to collect fifteen pieces of it on the Moonbase map to unlock it for future use). It's a pew-pew laser AND can generate a field that severely lowers the defenses of all the specimens inside it! At 2000 quid it's pricey, but worth it!

• Options
    MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    Tripwire makes the games that make me all warm and fuzzy inside! I wish they would incorporate a little bit more from Red Orchestra into Killing Floor, though, that would be awesome. Imagine playing a zombie map in one of those large maps, with the cover system and all that...man. I'm going to add the PA server and hope I'll catch ya fine gents on sometime.

Monster Hunter Tri code/username: 1MF42Z (Morda)
    WiiU Username: MordaRazgrom
    Steam Username: MordaRazgrom
    WoW/Diablo 3 Battlenet Battletag: MordaRazgrom#1755
    Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    That objective announcer/NPC guy reminds me of Mark Hamill.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Ewww steampunk

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Steampunk is pretty neat, I'm more excited about the new map and game mode though.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Sooooo. . . Steampunk Tommy Gun?!? I'm not one for Steampunk, but damn if those weapons don't look expertly designed. Hope they perform well (and are worth the cost as opposed to their non-punk counterparts).

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    What? A Mrs. Foster? Well now I HAVE to play again.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Yeesh, the new map has possibly the worst of the map-related achievements: Hunt down and destroy around fifteen clown dolls tucked away in the most out of sight areas. It's like last year's gnome hunt only more aggravating. I spent the majority of my time last night watching my teammates coordinate to find the last few, with one going Demo and grenade spamming everywhere just to be sure. At least it's well-designed and fun to look at.

Also the steampunk weapons are premium DLC. Blah.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    and so far I'm not finding the new steam weapons all that useful. The new tommy gun is just a slightly worse red orchestra tommy gun, the steam rifle is like the EBR except hard to tell if you're actually hitting the enemy, I'm told the grenade launcher is kind of neat, and the steam shotgun seemed pretty good.

there are 50 clown dolls, I was able to find about 30 of them in the last match I played, have no idea where the rest could possibly be.

Make note, all DLC is 50% off right now.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    havent they already done the steampunk thing?

i would have liked another real world weapons pack rather than some steampunk wierdness

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Yeesh, the new map has possibly the worst of the map-related achievements: Hunt down and destroy around fifteen clown dolls tucked away in the most out of sight areas. It's like last year's gnome hunt only more aggravating. I spent the majority of my time last night watching my teammates coordinate to find the last few, with one going Demo and grenade spamming everywhere just to be sure. At least it's well-designed and fun to look at.

Also the steampunk weapons are premium DLC. Blah.

meh, if they're going to be obtuse about the locations of the dolls i'll just do the same thing i did for the gnomes, look up a video on youtube of where all of them are

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    also does anyone know much about the "mobile" game Killing Floor: Calamity?

It appears to be an android overhead shooter with 4 player same-screen co-op. It's apparently confirmed as an Ouya game, but I can't imagine they'd limit their clientbase to just Ouya owners. I'm hoping they'll have a PC or mainstream console release.

• Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I already had a chubby from the M1928 Thompson (Rising Storm Tommy Gun) so the rest is all extra

*edit* also, acid, last night you were in a server with me for all of a minute before you left I didnt get a chance to say hi

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oh man, I was attempting to find servers to play on with Arctic and I saw your name in there and we just kind of assumed it was some other Basticle and that your name must be from something that would allow for other Basticles to exist.

• Options
    is objective mode even possible at higher than normal difficulty?

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    For the summer event:

b_560_95_1.png

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    is objective mode even possible at higher than normal difficulty?

I have yet to even get past the first section on normal, theres like fleshpounds everyfuckingwhere, its insane. And I only saw like 1 server running it on Beginner.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I beat objective mode solo on normal on my first try. Even got the achievement for taking no damage while carrying the gold. I didn't find it that difficult.

• Options
    Well like I said when I played it on normal there was at leas 6 fleshpounds on round one so....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'll actually be on in a bit (8:30-9:00 EST), so if anyone would like to play with me, my Steam handle's the same as my forum name.

• Options
    All right, I finally got to try Objective mode. . .

This. IS. TERRIBLE. Way too many big enemies to handle without a well-kitted and organized group with lots of crowd control capabilities, and when I got to the last wave while playing with my brother, he glitched out. Tripwire should've tested this mode more, and bugtested as well.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Edit: Double posted accidentally.

Grimthwacker on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Been playing some of the current event map and the objective mode is brutal. Fleshpounds in the second wave!

• Options
    Seriously, between getting screwed over by heavy enemies early on and things glitching out (the third and last bunch of gold we were supposed to be carrying to the airship got glitched after the person carrying it got killed) Objective mode has not been very fun.

• Options
    Sounds like you need a level 6 'zerker for those early baddies.

• Options
    I still can't reliably get past "Power Trip" because of all the damn Fleshpounds and Scrakes that mess the team up, mostly because we wind up getting separated and cornered. That, and what meager funds we get won't buy more than armor and a low tier weapon that's near useless against the heavier guys. I really hope Tripwire does some rebalancing on that map.

• Options
    Finally managed to score a victory in Objective mode and get my Steampunk Mrs. Foster skin - even when you have a team that knows what it's doing, it's still often touch-and-go. Hopefully future objective maps won't be as aggravatingly difficult in the early stages.

• Options
    8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    This game is wicked fun, picked it up during the Steam sale. Unfortunately @Gammarah keeps getting his stats wiped every time we play.

• Options
    GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    Yes, it was very annoying, finally fixed by uninstalling the game, deleting all related folders, then reinstalling. To celebrate, I grinded levels for like an hour and a half.

• Options
    I've been playing the game on and off for over a year, and I still haven't gotten past level 2 for Berzerker. Why the hell does this class take so damn long to level up? The rest are also crazy long too. That's my only gripe about the game.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I've been playing the game on and off for over a year, and I still haven't gotten past level 2 for Berzerker. Why the hell does this class take so damn long to level up? The rest are also crazy long too. That's my only gripe about the game.

Listen, it's the most fun class, so why not stick around and play awhile?

I cannot really get a good handle on this scythe though. It just feels slow and clunky for not much better damage.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular

it does take a long-ass time, but there are ways to speed up the process - optimize the maps, etc.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
This discussion has been closed.