Options

Saints Row IV - Mod tools! Laser katanas! Romance options! Wall running! Terry Crews!

• Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    The embargo is permanent afaik. Basically, we are not allowed to share any of our own media at all if it's not part of the press kit. That guy you're talking about has already been reported to Deep Silver and is likely to be blacklisted from any future stuff. It's probably not a good idea to link it here.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/volition-stole-everything-it-could-for-saints-row-iv-and-the-result-is-a-ne

PA Report about SR4. Ben Kuchera really likes it and says it bombards the player with funny pop culture satire very, very often.
    @IdolNinja when does the next embargo lift? I saw a big preview video linked on SA, but I don't if there is an embargo, or if it would be OK to post it here.

There's a "Your Boss is completely covered from head to toe in costume, kill all of these people as we introduce the cast and establish the setting" cold open or whatever thing, and while it looks fun, but it might make people angry. I read an article, and the person who wrote it was sort of offended by it. It does seem to utterly nail what it is satirizing though.

IdolNinja wrote: »
    The embargo is permanent afaik. Basically, we are not allowed to share any of our own media at all if it's not part of the press kit. That guy you're talking about has already been reported to Deep Silver and is likely to be blacklisted from any future stuff. It's probably not a good idea to link it here.

Oh, OK. That guy is a goose.

I wish this game was out now, rather than five weeks from now.

I think I am going to make a Jacket, from Hotline Miami, Boss next time I fire up Saint's Row 3.

The different types of guns were sort of awkwardly highlighted on the wiki
    http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_in_Saints_Row_IV

The Boss can wield revolvers again. Sweet!

@Idolninja I noticed the trade mark SR3 damn hint pop-ups all over the E3 footage. Is that... feature present in SR4?

You can... flavor any of your super-powers with fire, ice and electricity, right? Does the ice-flavored buff freeze people in its range? The GS e3 2013 video shows fire buff at about 14:45
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOyWwcg9Dcg

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The later part of that video is a bit more dynamic than most of what I've seen.

• Options
    @Idolninja I noticed the trade mark SR3 damn hint pop-ups all over the E3 footage. Is that... feature present in SR4?

You can... flavor any of your super-powers with fire, ice and electricity, right? Does the ice-flavored buff freeze people in its range?

Yes, hints do popup, but the window is thankfully smaller than the HUGE one in SRTT. Still pretty annoying. Modding that out will likely be one of the first mods I tackle like I did for SRTT.

Buff does have freeze, but I didn't get to unlock it in LA, and it's also not part of the preview. Also, there's some different customization for the super powers that I found while poking through the menus. It's not all fire/ice/lightning like I had originally thought. I'm putting together a followup article with some additional info like that which should be released sometime this week.

• Options
    I like that Buff has a relatively subtle graphic so that things light on fire a bit away instead of the common "flames are sticky".

• Options
    edited July 2013
    @PLA I think I read somewhere, probably in one of IN's articles, that there are different power levels for the various powers, much like leveling up weapons in SR3.

@IdolNinja

Thanks for the info. I'll try and squeeze some more out of you...

How do the super-powers impact the Boss rolling with his crew? Some of the more memorable moments in the games have been car rides with your crew and having conversations with them as your careened wildly through the streets fighting other criminals. The super powers seem to make travel a one person affair. This would seem to cut into those beloved moments.

I've seen the Saints all get abducted, but I imagine you free them at different times. Can you free them in any order, similar to the open-ended, pick this branch storytelling of SR2 and SR3?

Can you really give your homies super powers, and if so, can you choose which powers they receive?

Can you call them up and have them assist you in free roam shenanigans?

Can you answer any of these questions?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    A lot of this stuff that @DouglasDanger is asking has been already talked about in interviews, but I'll spoiler it just in case.
    Each power can be customized and has unique upgrades based on both respect levels and also special unlocks for completing challenges. For example, getting all gold medals in each instance of one of the activity types will unlock the ability for your super sprint to run on water.

Named homies (Shaundi, Keith David, Pierce, etc) all have optional Loyalty missions that grant them the full suite of super powers when you complete them. That means they will super jump, glide, etc with you. You can also call them up just like the previous games. Regular generic Saints do not get superpowers though.

I found myself driving a lot more than I thought I would due to the cool cars and just messing around. I also got into some ground based fire fights with generic Saints helping out. So, super powers do not make stuff like that useless. It's just more choice for how you play.

The order in which you free your named homies is linear, but the loyalty missions and sidequests are all open and can be done in any order. I felt like there was always a huge amount of choice about what to do next. It felt very open, even more so than SR2.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Hopefully that means a whole lot less homie downtime. It was pretty bad in 3.

• Options
    That's great news, thanks @Idolninja !

I eagerly anticipate the pose as a team because shit just got real moments

• Options
    Saints Row IV press preview followup article is out, now that I've had 35 hours to faff about:
    http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-iv-press-preview-followup.2823

• Options
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    Saints Row IV press preview followup article is out, now that I've had 35 hours to faff about:
    http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-iv-press-preview-followup.2823

This is great. It sounds like it will be fun to do challenges to unlock things, which means I will spend hours unlocking things and making my character as awesome as possible.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    if fire is anything like it is in SR3, i'm just doing the blazing diversion right out the gate

same way i started SR2 off with insurance fraud

(actually this was a happy accident; i just love insurance fraud)

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    also i'm never, ever going to listen to anything but K12 and Klassic

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Please tell me you can mod the game to allow the toggling of upgrades.

Edit: K12 with, believe it or not, DJ Jane Valderama who is absolutely hilarious discussing the the finer points of dubstep and EDM.

Yesssss

Edit 2: The virus Injection (survival) diversion had some insane stuff going on which made them a lot more fun than the SRTT ones. For example, some of them had all the npcs glitched out and screaming like horrible banshees; old ladies floating around in a T-pose, cars driving around on their roofs and unloading horrible deformed passengers with incorrect animation rigs and disturbingly long fingers, necks stretched up about 6 ft high, bugged out eyes, etc.

holy shit

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Is there any sort of indication that super powers are going to be a part of Saints Row going forward, or are they just going to be part of this particular entry in the series? I might change my mind when I play the game, but right now I'm hoping for the latter. It would be cool for each game from now on to have its own unique feature that shakes up gameplay.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I'd like them to always keep them in the series, even if they're just something you get as an upgrade at the end or for a "new game plus"

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Edit: K12 with, believe it or not, DJ Jane Valderama who is absolutely hilarious discussing the the finer points of dubstep and EDM.

What?

K12 is my favourite station, so I've listened a lot to CB deCarro (or however you spell her name) being icy and rude to people. And now Jane Valderama is going to head the station?

Weird.

(I know K12 had a different DJ in The Third, but they left such a non-impression that I can't even remember if they were a man or a woman.)

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Going on a week now with no help from the official forums or Deep Silver support about 3's inability to run correctly on my computer.

I'm starting to worry that 4 might not work either, since it's the same engine.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

What?

K12 is my favourite station, so I've listened a lot to CB deCarro (or however you spell her name) being icy and rude to people. And now Jane Valderama is going to head the station?

Weird.

(I know K12 had a different DJ in The Third, but they left such a non-impression that I can't even remember if they were a man or a woman.)

"No one knows what happened to our often neglected and smelly brethren... maybe someone finally gave them their two dollars. This is Jane Valderama reporting."

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I got SR2 during the steam sale just now. What are the things I need to do before running it to make it not fucked?

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Quick! Someone set off the @IdolNinja signal!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I got SR2 during the steam sale just now. What are the things I need to do before running it to make it not fucked?

Everything you need to know is all in the SR2 PC FAQ.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922

Feel free to add me on Steam if you need any additional help.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    Anyone who got hit with the SRTT homie cooldown bug where homies like vehicle delivery are grayed out, Volition is attempting to identify and fix the issue! They need your input!
    http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/looking-for-information-to-track-down-the-homie-cooldown-bug.2825/

• Options
    I'm on PS3, but I think Shaundi is permanently grayed-out unavailable in my game after I crashed a jet we were flying. We both survived, because we were just a couple of feet off the ground in hover mode, but the jet landed on her, and I wonder if it counts as my Boss hurting her.

I should get through SR3 completely I suppose. I beat it twice, I think, but I didn't ever do the Genki add-on and I never finished the phone call survival missions.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Sr3 is rumoured to be next daily Stan sale. Now if they could only discount the preorder price of IV......

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Sr3 is rumoured to be next daily Stan sale. Now if they could only discount the preorder price of IV......

Stan(M2).gif

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Stan(M2).gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUawtbNDOoE

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    What have you done, Blackbird?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    From the mind that brought you Summer Dale!

Meet Daily Stan!

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I hate you guys :lol:

Also I now have saints row IV Thanks entirely to @Gear Girl being so darned amazingly generous! I am still so freaking excited about it. Thought for sure I'd be passing on itand getting it later down the line! <3

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I wonder when we'll get to hear all the new voices. I'm really quite curious how the female French voice sounds.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I want more Female Russian boss. Balalaika will return to rule the United Saints!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffXg97jT8Q8

Granted if there is a French Maid outfit I might try to create Roberta from Black Lagoon this time in SR4.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Your taste pleases me Psychotic One.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I tried my hardest to make her in SR3.

• Options
    Rizzi wrote: »

The scar options just couldn't get close enough to creating her burns. I wonder if SR4 will have more options to make a more war scarred boss.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I hope so!

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    the one thing I dislike about IV is no more latina boss.
    I always played Latina Boss.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »

Same here.

I just settled for an X scar over most of her face because she's seen some shit.

I think they really missed an opportunity for going with the Special Voice that they did.
    They should've gotten H. Jon Benjamin.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Here's a Game Informer feature or whatever you want to call it. It shows a bit of the real first mission, which shows how the Boss becomes President.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/07/12/the-first-several-hours-of-saints-row-iv.aspx

And it shows some female protagonist and some other things.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Are there any mods for SR3 that tone down the boob physics?

Cause man, the default jiggling is painfully bad.

This discussion has been closed.