Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Today I beat Saints Row - The Third myself and now I realise that this may be the first game of this style (GTAs, Hulks, Prototypes...) in which I have actually finished the story mode. Most of the times I just lose interest and end up wandering the maps and blowing things up via cheat codes. :mrgreen:
    A question related to its sequel for anyone who has played it:
    Which one of the two possible endings of The Third is the used for SR4?
    I haven't tried any of the DLC missions yet, but I suppose they won't add anything important to the game story since they are available from the beginning.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Just beat Little Inferno after Houn mentioned it. Put in another good 2 hours and totally forgot about my giveaway. It's just a really great little game.

signature.png

Congrats to @Jokerman!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Today I beat Saints Row - The Third myself and now I realise that this may be the first game of this style (GTAs, Hulks, Prototypes...) in which I have actually finished the story mode. Most of the times I just lose interest and end up wandering the maps and blowing things up via cheat codes. :mrgreen:
    I haven't tried any of the DLC missions yet, but I suppose they won't add anything important to the game story since they are available from the beginning.
    I'm pretty sure it's the good ending; but as a refresher, who's life is on the line at the end of the 3? It was Burt Reynolds and who else?

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

Saints Row 3 and 4 spoilers
    The one where you rescue Shaundi and become super popular movie stars. I guess the movie gave the boss the public persona he needed to be voted into office :D

Drake on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I've really been enjoying Dust. It brings me back to Castlevania: SOTN.. except easier and with an awful flying fox thing or whatever.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    iRevert wrote: »
    Why exactly are Secret Of Magic Crystals cards so fucking expensive? Specifically two of them are like .30-.50

I have a couple, which two do you need?

The Stable
    Granary

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I've really been enjoying Dust. It brings me back to Castlevania: SOTN.. except easier and with an awful flying fox thing or whatever.
    Yeah, it's pretty much exactly the direction I wish Castlevania went instead of this Lords of Shadow generic action game nonsense.

Except, you know, with furries.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Why exactly are Secret Of Magic Crystals cards so fucking expensive? Specifically two of them are like .30-.50

I have a couple, which two do you need?

The Stable
    Granary

Sorry. I have 3 Pegasus though. :P

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Enjoy some give-aways:

Chronicles of Mystara is absolutely lovely, and I hope you all had a chance to play it in the arcade.

signature.png

signature.png

Maybe one day they will patch Space Hulk to decency.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Drake wrote: »
    Saints Row 3 and 4 spoilers
    The one where you rescue Shaundi and become super popular movie stars. I guess the movie gave the boss the public persona he needed to be voted into office :D
    Kp2ygVE.jpg
    The 3rd Street Saints boss ? The actor? Then who's VICE-President? Burt Reynolds?

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So now that developers and publishers have caught on to Nuuvem and their insane Brazilian deals, is there a way to make sure I'm not buying Brazilian keys by accident? I noticed the Bioshock Infinite season pass is $12.60/X Brazilian Reals, but it also says the item I'm trying to add to my cart is not available for purchase in my region. Does this just mean I'm shit outta luck?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Darlan wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pretty much exactly the direction I wish Castlevania went instead of this Lords of Shadow generic action game nonsense.

Having grown up on things like Rescue Rangers, I could not possibly give any fucks about animal people. I liked some of Castlevania's actiony games, but I do wish they'd keep doing the platformers too. I would love to see a Castlevania platformer with cell-shaded art... and if they put it on steam, wild horses couldn't keep me from pre-ordering it instantaneously.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Dust is basically Muramasa The Demon Blade lite. I don't see a lot of parallels to Castlevania in general... though I tend to associate Castlevania more with the portable metroidvanias than anything by now.

Talking about it - hey guys, how's Lords of Shadow? It looks interesting, and I haven't had a decent third person 3d action game in a while. I love Monster Hunter but sometimes a man wants to play something where the odds are stacked more in his favor, you know? :P

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    So now that developers and publishers have caught on to Nuuvem and their insane Brazilian deals, is there a way to make sure I'm not buying Brazilian keys by accident? I noticed the Bioshock Infinite season pass is $12.60/X Brazilian Reals, but it also says the item I'm trying to add to my cart is not available for purchase in my region. Does this just mean I'm shit outta luck?

Wait what? What happened with Nuuvem? I used to buy an assload from there!

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »

Wait what? What happened with Nuuvem? I used to buy an assload from there!

There was some riffraff recently with the Saints Row 4 guys realizing people were buying Western World keys via this Brazilian site, so they changed it so you were buying a Brazilian key from this Brazilian site. I think @sirmonty was a casualty of this change and has been trying to offload a Brazilian SR4 key on the forums.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    So now if you buy games in Nuuvem the keys don't work outside of Brazil?

God damn it.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    So now if you buy games in Nuuvem the keys don't work outside of Brazil?

God damn it.

It might just be certain games, so I wouldn't freak out yet. For example, if you go to the Nuuvem SR4 page now, it says in big letters "Saints Row 4 (Brasil)". Nuuvem is well aware of who their audience is.

edit: And yet it wouldn't let me add the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass to my cart, saying it wasn't available for purchase in my region. So if pubs are really cracking down, that'd be a shame.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Kp2ygVE.jpg
    The 3rd Street Saints boss ? The actor? Then who's VICE-President? Burt Reynolds?
    Even more awesome when you realize that SPOILER is VP

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SirMontySirMonty Mount Backlog, Base CampRegistered User regular
    There was some riffraff recently with the Saints Row 4 guys realizing people were buying Western World keys via this Brazilian site, so they changed it so you were buying a Brazilian key from this Brazilian site. I think @sirmonty was a casualty of this change and has been trying to offload a Brazilian SR4 key on the forums.

Yes, indeed, I was unlucky enough to buy a code for SR4 that was region locked to Brazil. I didn't notice it said "Saints Row 4 (Brazil)", so it was my fault, actually. I also bought a copy of Rome 2 + Pre-Order Bonus, which is lacking the "Brazil" in its title, so I should be good. We'll see on September 3 - I'll gladly keep you guys informed if it worked, if anybody is interested.

SR4 rocks, by the way :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    Is anyone else having weird problems with the store page right now?

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    If you're putting in spoilers please put the subject of the spoiler somewhere
    otherwise I think they're supposed to be post jokes!

thaaaanks

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular

Dust is basically Muramasa The Demon Blade lite. I don't see a lot of parallels to Castlevania in general... though I tend to associate Castlevania more with the portable metroidvanias than anything by now.

Talking about it - hey guys, how's Lords of Shadow? It looks interesting, and I haven't had a decent third person 3d action game in a while. I love Monster Hunter but sometimes a man wants to play something where the odds are stacked more in his favor, you know? :P

Dust is pretty much exactly a Metroidvania with a more proper combat system. Open explorable zones with areas that unlock as you gain new power-ups, level up system, item drops.

I don't see how @ceres can call it 'easier than SotN' though, because SotN is really easy. Granted, I played Dust on Hard first time.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Because leveling up in years is supposed to be cool or some shit, it just makes me feel like I'm in...
    signature.png

Ends close enough to when I was pretty much just getting my sea legs for being a poop machine.

About 45 minutes away til this end and me learning how to poop for the first time 3 and over a half decades ago.
    I stuck with it.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    If you're putting in spoilers please put the subject of the spoiler somewhere
    otherwise I think they're supposed to be post jokes![/spoiler

thaaaanks

Whoooops. Sorry about that.

:oops:

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    That or, @corriganx

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Just finished Dishonored and I just have to give another huge thank you to @Heatwave for such an enjoyable game!

After all the reloading for a pacifist (though hardly perfect) game I look forward to being a murderous asshole in The Knife of Dunwall.

Edit: Replaying the first few levels I just love how much they've hidden aware regarding the plot that naturally means nothing to you at the time.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Dranyth wrote: »

Dust is pretty much exactly a Metroidvania with a more proper combat system. Open explorable zones with areas that unlock as you gain new power-ups, level up system, item drops.

I don't see how @ceres can call it 'easier than SotN' though, because SotN is really easy. Granted, I played Dust on Hard first time.

Dust has really linear levels and no real exploration required, though. I dunno, when I played it it brought to mind more a beat'em'up than, say, Order of Ecclessia.

Well, actually, it brought to mind Muramasa because, seriously, basically clones, but you know what I mean.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Hell, I'm waiting on the reception to AC4 before I even think about looking at it this time because of how much the third game disappointed me.

A work colleague had already tempered me against what to expect from 3. I mainly want to play it for the story. I really dig what AC has done thus far and really want to see the end of Desmond's tale.

The extended gameplay videos have eased my fears. From what I've seen, I can't imagine 4 being unfun.

Yeah, I don't consider AC3 an outright bad game, just a disappointment after the Ezio games. The naval combat was my favorite part; if they added a little extra depth to it, that part would be perfect.

Waiting for a sale is the way to go.

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    It seems Gun Monkeys now generates 3 extra steam keys. More details here .

Florin on
  • Options

I think by "easier" I meant "simpler" and "hooray, I'm not completely fucking lost again"

• Options
    Florin wrote: »
    It seems Gun Monkeys now generates 3 extra steam keys. More details here .

Makes sense. Those servers were DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD when I tried to play.

steam_sig.png

• Options

I think by "easier" I meant "simpler" and "hooray, I'm not completely fucking lost again"

But getting completely fucking lost is like half the charm of a metroid-style game!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »

Having grown up on things like Rescue Rangers, I could not possibly give any fucks about animal people. I liked some of Castlevania's actiony games, but I do wish they'd keep doing the platformers too. I would love to see a Castlevania platformer with cell-shaded art... and if they put it on steam, wild horses couldn't keep me from pre-ordering it instantaneously.

Would you be excited if this was one of my first game dev ideas? This was before Metroidvanias were lacking on Steam though, so I don't know if I want to do one anymore or not. I'm not sure it would sell as good as a year or two ago.

• Options
    Because leveling up in years is supposed to be cool or some shit, it just makes me feel like I'm in...
    signature.png

Ends close enough to when I was pretty much just getting my sea legs for being a poop machine.

About 45 minutes away til this end and me learning how to poop for the first time 3 and over a half decades ago.
    I stuck with it.

and the winner is: @Unco-ordinated which is quite funny because I recently added him cause he had a Sanctum 2 coupon. It did a disappearing act when we were trying to trade so I didn't end up buying it for this giveaway.

I'll send it out when steam decides to let me login again (maintenance i think)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Steam borked for anyone else right now?

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Steam borked for anyone else right now?

Yep, for a few minutes but it's back to normal.

Florin on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hmm...can you control, per game, what corner the notifications pop up in? The bottom right is kind of not the best place for it when Steam comes back from a crap up and like 100 people pop online at once.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    signature.png

I stuck with it.

Turning sixty is never easy, congrats @Broncbuster!

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    signature.png

I stuck with it.

and the winner is: @Unco-ordinated which is quite funny because I recently added him cause he had a Sanctum 2 coupon. It did a disappearing act when we were trying to trade so I didn't end up buying it for this giveaway.

I'll send it out when steam decides to let me login again (maintenance i think)

Awesome. Another World was already on my wishlist, so that's great. Thanks man.

I have that coupon now if you still want it. I got caught up in that bug the other day, where almost all my coupons disappeared and then my entire inventory did as well. Eventually everything came back though.

And while I'm at it, I guess I'll mention the coupons I have at the moment because it'd be nice if they actually got used (I won't be using them):
    90% off Serious Sam 2
    75% off Krater
    75% off Ultratron
    66% off Awesomenauts
    50% off Delve Deeper
    50% off Farming Simulator 2013
    50% off Gary's Mod
    50% off Killing Floor
    50% off Sanctum 2
    50% off Strike Suit Infinity
    33% off Blocks That Matter
    25% off Surgeon Simulator 2013
    10% off Toki Tori 2+

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kaliyama wrote: »
    signature.png

I stuck with it.

Turning sixty is never easy, congrats @Broncbuster!

Thanks, the last 2 haven't been easy. Still poopin' along though! Also, I still got 24 years before 60.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.