As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I want to open all those boxes.

Shit I ordered a puppy at one point didn't I?.. Oh boy, not good...

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Okay, so this might get me kicked out of the thread, but I just gotta come out and say it:

I enjoy Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy NIghts.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    So I've built the Joker's Lair, and had a crapload of fun doing it. Pictures follow!
    First, get everything ready:
    aw2kgjY.jpg?1

Open and organize bag #1:
    ZHlQQef.jpg?1

The finished product of bag #1!
    Q9y56b1.jpg?1

Open and organize bag #2:
    bJqbNvp.jpg?1

The finished product of bag #2!
    IOWEO3q.jpg?1

Open and organize bag #3:
    O0ZGIO3.jpg?1

The final product!
    k1byIRb.gif

Good thing I finished just in time for the snow to start. It looks beautiful!

Thanks again @Mighty!

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    So I've built the Joker's Lair, and had a crapload of fun doing it. Pictures follow!
    First, get everything ready:
    aw2kgjY.jpg?1

Open and organize bag #1:
    ZHlQQef.jpg?1

The finished product of bag #1!
    Q9y56b1.jpg?1

Open and organize bag #2:
    bJqbNvp.jpg?1

The finished product of bag #2!
    IOWEO3q.jpg?1

Open and organize bag #3:
    O0ZGIO3.jpg?1

The final product!
    k1byIRb.gif

Good thing I finished just in time for the snow to start. It looks beautiful!

Thanks again @Mighty!

No problem Icemopper!

I thought my puzzle would be more difficult than i gave you credit for. Good job on figuring out who I was!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    I'm just glad I didn't get a safe with a tough code to crack! I don't quite have time for that!

What I do have time for, however, is building LEGO sets. Here's my complete collection now! Sorry, no progress shots of the police and robber set:
    nlJXiWM.jpg

• Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I fear for the time when I have kids and they start getting nice Lego sets. I'm not sure I'll be able to let them build them for themselves.

I'll probably just have to upgrade my Lego sets to the crazy advanced collector-stuff like the Millenium falcon and Taj Mahal :P

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    man legos are expensive. have they always been like that? I was going to grab the bttf delorean set then i saw the price.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    man legos are expensive. have they always been like that? I was going to grab the bttf delorean set then i saw the price.

Yeah, they've always been pretty pricey. The Cuusoo sets tend to be a bit more expensive then regular sets, I'd guess because they're produced in smaller numbers. Likewise, sets based on IPs tend to be a bit pricier too, just to make up for the licensing fees.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

Sort of!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So...there was no note of explanation, or proxy message. I can't think of anyone that would send this, so I'm guessing its a...

GiftGet4b.gif

Two packages appear while I was at my Company Holiday party.
    P1020137_zpsdf4505ef.jpg

Slightly boozed up and ready to dig into this shit.
    Not only that but I have help!
    P1020118_zps0947d64e.jpg

Commence the opening!
    P1020138_zps74bbe29c.jpg

ITS A GODDAMN LAMPSHADE!
    P1020139_zps717f2c60.jpg

SECONDBOX!
    SOMEONES DEAD LEG!?!?
    Shit.
    P1020142_zpse9b18563.jpg
    Santa gave me the gift of being involved in a crime!

Oh wait....no.
    That's not right.
    Oh. There were directions. Lets follow those:
    P1020144_zps7da23d5a.jpg

So, thanks Santa! I have a lamp that causes Marital rift!

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Bunnykitty

• Options
    Apparently I need a new, not shitty digital camera. Good lord do those pictures look like shit.
    And those were the best ones.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    They look fine :)

• Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    Gift has arrived! I will be posting pictures soon

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    Waiting for my santee to confirm that they got their xmas presents. :#

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

Took the dog out for a walk and hark! What does he find?

IMG_2782_zps7fe931ed.jpg
    IMG_2784_zps8a1e8257.jpg
    PRESENTS! (One came unwrapped, I swear!)

Gift 1
    IMG_2787_zps8a8ee2f2.jpg
    One of my favourite novels and a bit of British flavour for you. Can't Kindle gift overseas apparently so primitive paper it must be. From G&T Secret Santa(Koo([No, not that Khoo]

Primitive is A-Okay for me! I've read this one before, but I lost my copy a while back, so this makes an awesome replacement.

Gift 2
    IMG_2786_zps33ac16ad.jpg
    You love the wrestling and the comics , I love the big red guy. Here are all three come together in one glorious melange! From G&T Secret Santa (Loo)

I've never read Hellboy, but now I can rectify this.

Gift 3
    IMG_2788_zps39d72718.jpg
    Internet sleuthing indicated you collect this fella, and I couldn’t spy this version in the photo so hopefully here’s a new one for your collection!(Limpah)

It's true, I have a sizable Deadpool collection, and you have no idea how long I've looked for this one! This is soooo cool, thank you!

Gift 4
    IMG_2785_zpsa42e1d39.jpg
    Which they wouldn’t let me gift wrap, the savages! Everyone loves LEGO at Christmas right? And the above sleuthing having ruled out the obvious set this one seems to have a nice array of familiar faces along with a neat little build.

It's true, everyone loves LEGOs! I'll try not to choke on any of the small pieces.

The whole set
    IMG_2790_zps7b357c98.jpg

Thank you so much Santa! With all the snow falling on us today, this is the perfect day to have some eggnog and read some comics/build LEGOs.

And something just as cool, while doing the sleuthing, my Secret Santa apparently came across an anthology collection one of my stories is featured in and he picked it up, so thank you for that as well!

Apologies if I'm wrong, but would my Secret Santa be @jam Warrior?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    So...there was no note of explanation, or proxy message. I can't think of anyone that would send this, so I'm guessing its a...
    GiftGet4b.gif

Two packages appear while I was at my Company Holiday party.
    P1020137_zpsdf4505ef.jpg

Slightly boozed up and ready to dig into this shit.
    Not only that but I have help!
    P1020118_zps0947d64e.jpg

Commence the opening!
    P1020138_zps74bbe29c.jpg

ITS A GODDAMN LAMPSHADE!
    P1020139_zps717f2c60.jpg

SECONDBOX!
    SOMEONES DEAD LEG!?!?
    Shit.
    P1020142_zpse9b18563.jpg
    Santa gave me the gift of being implemented in a crime!

Oh wait....no.
    That's not right.
    Oh. There were directions. Lets follow those:
    P1020144_zps7da23d5a.jpg

So, thanks Santa! I have a lamp that causes Marital rift!

If that's true, that's gotta be one of the strangest SS gifts I've ever seen :lol: Move over bottle of bleach

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

Santa, your gift arrived and has thrown me for a loop. I'm happy and confused. But mostly happy. I was busying myself with stuff to do when FedEx showed up and was all like "you the guy" and I was like "yeah" and he dropped off a couple of packages of varying sizes.
    20131214_160308_zps945c1136.jpg

So let's crack open the smaller one first!
    20131214_160340_zps7254c867.jpg
    Oh neat, Munchkin. Christmas Munchkin. I... don't play Munchkin but I will try this for sure! No way in hell am I collecting all the expansions though. :P

Alright so the elephant in the room is this giant Ogre box which leaves little to the imagination. I have sort of heard of this game but never knew what it was about. I guess this would explain the cryptic message I got a couple of days ago!
    20131214_160435_zps65aa4eaf.jpg
    20131214_160518_zps55ed6877.jpg
    20131214_160548_zps585f5952.jpg

Sorry, I honestly have no time or room to set it up nor do I have people around to play with. But this thing is freaking sweet. Everything about it is epic. I'm not really sure how I'm going to get someone to play this with me (I bet it'll require lots of booze) but I am determined to do so. Thank you so much mystery Santa! I'm really amazed with what you've given me this season. :)

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular

Hahahahahahaha.

• Options

Hahahahahahaha.

Hush :P

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Arikado wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Santa, your gift arrived and has thrown me for a loop. I'm happy and confused. But mostly happy. I was busying myself with stuff to do when FedEx showed up and was all like "you the guy" and I was like "yeah" and he dropped off a couple of packages of varying sizes.
    20131214_160308_zps945c1136.jpg

So let's crack open the smaller one first!
    20131214_160340_zps7254c867.jpg
    Oh neat, Munchkin. Christmas Munchkin. I... don't play Munchkin but I will try this for sure! No way in hell am I collecting all the expansions though. :P

Alright so the elephant in the room is this giant Ogre box which leaves little to the imagination. I have sort of heard of this game but never knew what it was about. I guess this would explain the cryptic message I got a couple of days ago!
    20131214_160435_zps65aa4eaf.jpg
    20131214_160518_zps55ed6877.jpg
    20131214_160548_zps585f5952.jpg

Sorry, I honestly have no time or room to set it up nor do I have people around to play with. But this thing is freaking sweet. Everything about it is epic. I'm not really sure how I'm going to get someone to play this with me (I bet it'll require lots of booze) but I am determined to do so. Thank you so much mystery Santa! I'm really amazed with what you've given me this season. :)

Ogre!! That is one of the biggest board games. For those of you not in the know, BEHOLD
    600_309115582.jpeg
    OgreDEKickstarterContents--800x600.jpg
    ogres-box.jpg

If you're not playing board games at the moment, might I suggest that you float the idea of something a little less complex. I have no idea how difficult Ogre is to understand as I don't have it (I'm assuming the shipping costs to Australia would be monstrous), but just looking at all that content doesn't seem like it'd be a quick game to learn.

The OP of this thread is a great place to start to bring you and perhaps some mates up to speed. I've been board gaming with my missus and a rotating selection of friends for the past year or so, and simple mechanics are king to begin with. Ticket to Ride Europe, Dominion or Agricola all sound extremely mundane but they are thrilling once you know what you're doing.

Most of all I find it a great way to interact with friends doesn't necessarily involve drinking. The Australian culture is so drenched in the idea of having drinks with mates is that it's just about all you ever do with them. I'm at a time of my life where I'd like to do something different for a change. Having people over for lunch or dinner with board games, with drinks optional, is a relief from that engrained culture.

Went on a bit of a tangent there, so to bring it back I'll just say that I think you'll be surprised about who you know that might be willing to give board games a go, if instructed on the right game by the right person. It's a brand new way to interact with friends, and will even let you see their true colours (all your friends will be back-stabbing bastards)

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

Ogre!! That is one of the biggest board games. For those of you not in the know, BEHOLD
    600_309115582.jpeg
    OgreDEKickstarterContents--800x600.jpg
    ogres-box.jpg

If you're not playing board games at the moment, might I suggest that you float the idea of something a little less complex. I have no idea how difficult Ogre is to understand as I don't have it (I'm assuming the shipping costs to Australia would be monstrous), but just looking at all that content doesn't seem like it'd be a quick game to learn.

The OP of this thread is a great place to start to bring you and perhaps some mates up to speed. I've been board gaming with my missus and a rotating selection of friends for the past year or so, and simple mechanics are king to begin with. Ticket to Ride Europe, Dominion or Agricola all sound extremely mundane but they are thrilling once you know what you're doing.

Most of all I find it a great way to interact with friends doesn't necessarily involve drinking. The Australian culture is so drenched in the idea of having drinks with mates is that it's just about all you ever do with them. I'm at a time of my life where I'd like to do something different for a change. Having people over for lunch or dinner with board games, with drinks optional, is a relief from that engrained culture.

Went on a bit of a tangent there, so to bring it back I'll just say that I think you'll be surprised about who you know that might be willing to give board games a go, if instructed on the right game by the right person. It's a brand new way to interact with friends, and will even let you see their true colours (all your friends will be back-stabbing bastards)

Its not that hard of a game to learn either. It may seem complex, but it's pretty straight forward. It is basically a turret defense game on a board when you boil it all down.

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Sorry for the delay!

GiftGet4b.gif

The passcode was, in fact, Ante, in reference to our own @AnteCantelope. Somebody guessed it about 5 minutes after I did, but I'm proud to say that I sussed out the code myself!

OPEN THE SAFE

rNVOov8h.jpg
    Star Trek Catan Expansion!!!!!
    wps2H8yh.jpg
    Various parts included!
    oDC7DDoh.jpg
    And my friend brought the rest this morning! Couldn't fit the whole thing in the safe.
    1mvGfVqh.jpg

Hurraaaaay! My girlfriend in going to be here for Christmas, and she's bringing the base game so we can play with family and whatnot. SO EXCITE!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Huzzah!

(Although he was meant to give you the box with the safe, so you could open it and... awww, it's empty!)

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Huzzah!

(Although he was meant to give you the box with the safe, so you could open it and... awww, it's empty!)

But then there would be no surprise! Awesome gifts though, thank you so much! Best Santa ever, my GiftGet posts can't do you justice, the whole thing was so fun and ingenious.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Took the dog out for a walk and hark! What does he find?

IMG_2782_zps7fe931ed.jpg
    IMG_2784_zps8a1e8257.jpg
    PRESENTS! (One came unwrapped, I swear!)

Gift 1
    IMG_2787_zps8a8ee2f2.jpg
    One of my favourite novels and a bit of British flavour for you. Can't Kindle gift overseas apparently so primitive paper it must be. From G&T Secret Santa(Koo([No, not that Khoo]

Primitive is A-Okay for me! I've read this one before, but I lost my copy a while back, so this makes an awesome replacement.

Gift 2
    IMG_2786_zps33ac16ad.jpg
    You love the wrestling and the comics , I love the big red guy. Here are all three come together in one glorious melange! From G&T Secret Santa (Loo)

I've never read Hellboy, but now I can rectify this.

Gift 3
    IMG_2788_zps39d72718.jpg
    Internet sleuthing indicated you collect this fella, and I couldn’t spy this version in the photo so hopefully here’s a new one for your collection!(Limpah)

It's true, I have a sizable Deadpool collection, and you have no idea how long I've looked for this one! This is soooo cool, thank you!

Gift 4
    IMG_2785_zpsa42e1d39.jpg
    Which they wouldn’t let me gift wrap, the savages! Everyone loves LEGO at Christmas right? And the above sleuthing having ruled out the obvious set this one seems to have a nice array of familiar faces along with a neat little build.

It's true, everyone loves LEGOs! I'll try not to choke on any of the small pieces.

The whole set
    IMG_2790_zps7b357c98.jpg

Thank you so much Santa! With all the snow falling on us today, this is the perfect day to have some eggnog and read some comics/build LEGOs.

And something just as cool, while doing the sleuthing, my Secret Santa apparently came across an anthology collection one of my stories is featured in and he picked it up, so thank you for that as well!

Apologies if I'm wrong, but would my Secret Santa be @jam Warrior?

Hurrah! It was indeed me. Glad you like it. Merry Christmas!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Man, I am not used to seeing snow in pictures. If I wake up and it's 40 F I start to wonder if "cold toes" are a legitimate excuse to call out from work.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Man, I am not used to seeing snow in pictures. If I wake up and it's 40 F I start to wonder if "cold toes" are a legitimate excuse to call out from work.

Here's the Australian version of a 'White Christmas'
    sKIXjNP.jpg
    It's salt D: Lordy it is warm today

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Well shit. UPS done fucked up one of my gifts. Checekd tracking and they left it at the santees door. According to santee, he didn't receive anything so somebody must've swiped it. :(

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Well shit. UPS done fucked up one of my gifts. Checekd tracking and they left it at the santees door. According to santee, he didn't receive anything so somebody must've swiped it. :(

Bummer! That is awful. I know some people are down on their luck and resort to stealing, but swiping what could be a gift is disheartening.

Then I look at this thread or the Steam thread and see incredible amounts of generosity and I'm not too disheartened anymore.

Speaking of which, I'm going to brag for a second: Myself and 2 others ran an office campaign for United Way in our area (your general local charity, feeding, educating, etc) and we raised over 22,000 bucks! I'm super proud of the folks in my office for being that generous! Disheartening gone!

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

I don't suppose you got it from amazon did you? They might be able to help get a replacement out.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Lotta good stealing a PSVita proprietary memory card would do. That's just a dick move, stranger.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

I don't suppose you got it from amazon did you? They might be able to help get a replacement out.

Amazon totally will. I had a shipment swiped off my stoop last year and they resent it no questions asked.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    And my last part of the gift has been put into the postbox, now to sit back and watch the festivities.

Santa, as I've been hinting I'm heading home in just over 5 days. If you're intending to get something to me this week, can you please proxy me to let me know. Don't want anything stuck at the post office to be returned when I don't pick it up :)

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    UPS kinda suck like that. They have left something before at my front door and it's been swiped. Mostly because I live in an apartment building and either the front door is the door to the building or my apartment front door which is on the ground floor and across from the laundry and garbage rooms. Luckily that time it was from Amazon so they sent a replacement no questions asked.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Sorry I've been incredibly busy the last week or so and haven't had much time to come around.

Santa: I believe in you.

Santee: I grabbed wrapping paper on my way home and should get your gift out in a couple days.

Edit: god all the threads I follow are 500-1000 posts unread. That's just too much to catch up on anything

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Damn it. Starting to wonder if the gift I sent was swiped.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Swiper no swiping!!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular

Right before Sandy hit my town, i had ordered some things from Amazon, (a lantern and boots for my kid). Supposedly they were delivered to my house, which at the time had a tree and blue tarps all over it. The UPS driver though this was a good place to leave the boxes, as power was non existent, and obviously we weren't there (blue tarps and such). I checked the status and it said delivered, i checked with all my neighbors, and they never saw a UPS truck or the boxes. I contacted amazon, and they cancelled the one order, and reshipped to other (even though it wasn't a sold by amazon thing).
    now that that's off my chest, I'm surprised they're being douchey about it.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I just bought myself a present of a bottle of bourbon (Mile High Spirits Fireside) and an impulse buy flask. I will sample it extensive tonight to... uh... get it the Christmas spirit.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391