As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I received a Steam gift today, one that I had never heard of: Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage.

It came with the message, "Ketar, Get to work" from @strebalicious

I...uh...I might have to adjust the brightness or contrast or who knows what if those screenshots are anything to go by. Otherwise I might go blind.

About The Game
    Tragedy! Santa; the toy giving folk-hero, and purveyor of fine Christmas goods, has had enough. Endless requests from greedy children wanting more and more every year, tax increases, pressure from elf unions, bills, reindeer!

It is your duty, as an employee of Polar Sanitation Inc, to clean up the grizzly aftermath of Santa's bloody rampage. Elves, reindeer and ruined masonry from Santa's brief breakdown are all strewn across his famous workshop.

So don your cap, grab your mop, and get this place sorted out so the company can get a replacement in here ASAP, and restore Christmas for another generation!

Key Features
    Janitorial Simulation - Step into the boots of a space-station (or in this case, North pole) sanitation technician and experience the highs and lows of the job.
    Santa's Workshop - Explore Santa's infamous workshop and discover the story that lead up to the tragic events you're here to clean up.
    Clean - It's your job to clean up the mess, so clean it up you shall! Use your trusty mop, gloves, dispenser machines and sniffer tool to help you get all that blood out of the floor! You can even try and punch-out if you think you've done your job.
    Sandbox Gameplay - Don't want to clean? Just want to make more of a mess and play around with the physics? Go ahead!
    Multiplayer - Note: MP is in early beta stages and may have issues still.
    You can even enlist some friends to come and help you clean up (or make even more mess).

I shall embark on my new career as a North Pole sanitation technician tomorrow! Maybe tonight if I drink too much iced tea at trivia.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I still haven't gotten my package. Sadness.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So, off of work and back home, the tube beckons.
    First, it must be inspected by my trusty bomb sniffing tribble. It wouldn't do to be blown up by a bomb masquerading as christmas cheer. It wouldn't do at all.
    3292a59b-9c22-4096-9487-234c54f68e4e_zpse2f5fae0.jpg
    Sadly, the bomb sniffing tribble did not come with a translation dictionary. Still trying to figure out how many chirbles means it's safe, and how many mean it's a bomb. Fortunately, there are very few people who would send me a bomb. Maybe it's because I'm a great guy. Maybe it's because I'm not worth the effort of building a bomb for. Either way, trusty bomb sniffing tribble hasn't gotten me blown up yet.

So, tube from Wall Sushi, what magic raw fish stuff do you contain for my walls?
    12_17047_zpsd98524f1.jpg
    In case the picture isn't clear (cell phone camera and poor lighting, yay!), it's a poster featuring Chewbacca riding his favored war-squirrel (pretty sure it's from the EU) into battle against nazis.

So, Santa, step forward and accept your accolades. Because aside from the return address on the tube and the word "Brogamats", there's not much to tip me off.
    And searching for brogamats just gets me printed yoga mats, so that's not much help either.

see317 on
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    First, it must be inspected by my trusty bomb sniffing tribble. It wouldn't do to be blown up by a bomb masquerading as christmas cheer. It wouldn't do at all.
    Sadly, the bomb sniffing tribble did not come with a translation dictionary. Still trying to figure out how many chirbles means it's safe, and how many mean it's a bomb. Fortunately, there are very few people who would send me a bomb. Maybe it's because I'm a great guy. Maybe it's because I'm not worth the effort of building a bomb for. Either way, trusty bomb sniffing tribble hasn't gotten me blown up yet.

So, tube from Wall Sushi, what magic raw fish stuff do you contain for my walls?
    12_17047_zpsd98524f1.jpg
    In case the picture isn't clear (cell phone camera and poor lighting, yay!), it's a poster featuring Chewbacca riding his favored war-squirrel (pretty sure it's from the EU) into battle against nazis.

So, Santa, step forward and accept your accolades. Because aside from the return address on the tube and the word "Brogamats", there's not much to tip me off.
    And searching for brogamats just gets me printed yoga mats, so that's not much help either.

Merry Christmas!

I hope it isn't too big. I got thinking cm instead of inches and realized later that maybe it was a touch... um, huge.

I'm going to send you along something that I have actually touched soon(ish) but I need to stop procrastinating first.
    They said they were going to include a note but I guess that got lost in the shuffle.
    Hey Bear is Driving, we've got your back. No prices, and we'll include a nice little note for you.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    As I was rushing out the door for trivia night I found a box from Amazon in the vestibule that I wasn't expecting. Cracked it open far enough to spot wrapped gifts! Unfortunately, when I get back home tonight my wife and kiddo will be asleep and i'll need to keep quiet with the lights off, but I'll eagerly anticipate a proper opening and gift get in the morning.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    My porch remains empty.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Well Santa, it is 8pm here and no package arrived. Hopefully tomorrow.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    Santa, I have received ALL THE THINGS.

I will be posting things about the things tomorrow.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I like most all the classic Christmas songs, plus the fun electric stuff Trans-Siberian puts out, but this has become a favorite in my house.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYGhMBR3lrk

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Priority 2-day mail, shipped on the 14th of December... still hasn't been delivered. Grrr, something something '4-day shipping'.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Debating if I should take pictures of myself laying on the couch eating my Secret Santee's home made cookie dough and sobbing.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Every time I take a look at the tracking for this package bound for my santee it get's delayed by a day. I assure you unknown santee, your gift is on it's way! It just seems like the courier's vehicle found a tar pit on the way.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Welcome to a very American
    gt_gg.jpg

This is very late, and I am truly sorry. I received a note telling me not to open anything until I had all 4 packages, and only 3 packages showed up. It wasn't until my other santa inquired as to what happened to her gift that I realized what had happened - 3 of these came in one box, and the 4th in another. So I had 3 boxes and a note saying to wait for 4....

So, why is this an American Gift Get? Well, the boxes were marked with an order to open them in. Number one was required to properly view the others:

gt_giz_glasses.jpg
    Unfortunately, I'm a vampire and don't show up on firm, so I let my cat model them. Rest assured I had them properly dawned for further opening and patriotism. The second gift was almost too American for me.
    gt_bars.jpg
    Damn, thems some good eating! I've had bacon chocolate before, but only as a chocolate covered slice. These guys are little pieces of bacon melted in, so they impart a salty-sweet taste to the chocolate. I tried a piece, then moved on to package three:
    gt_book.jpg
    Who needs to fix things, when you can make whole new things? YEE HAW! But what to make?
    gt_pats.jpg
    Welp, that explains the extreme patriotism! But now it's a harder choice -- Patriots wallet? Maybe a hat? So many choices!

Thanks santa! I'm totally going to try to make one of these things!

For the others - I am an absolutely horrid santa/ee this year, I'm sorry. Work imploded at black Friday and I've been blowing off everything else. My gifts should be shipping out tomorrow, so if you don't have anything yet, maybe you're mine.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

12_17047_zpsd98524f1.jpg

Merry Christmas!

I hope it isn't too big. I got thinking cm instead of inches and realized later that maybe it was a touch... um, huge.

I'm going to send you along something that I have actually touched soon(ish) but I need to stop procrastinating first.
    They said they were going to include a note but I guess that got lost in the shuffle.
    Hey Bear is Driving, we've got your back. No prices, and we'll include a nice little note for you.

I have to say, I was really surprised.
    If someone had asked me what I thought I might get from a PA Secret Santa, I don't think I would have guessed "A poster of Chewie riding a squirrel and fighting nazis" in a million years.

And really, it's great to be surprised. Any gifts from my family are straight off the list they start asking for about mid November, so while they're definitely appreciated, there isn't really any surprise.
    But this, this was a surprise.

Going to have to track down a poster frame to hang it up. Will post a picture once that's done (though it may be a while, busy time of year and all...)

see317 on
  • Options
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Three packages arrived today! However, it is important to note that I actually received four gifts from this generous Santa - I got a $20 PSN code last week, which I used to buy this:

iku8qvG.jpg

Along with something else that I haven't yet decided on

Anyways, as for the gifts from today:

GWa3scp.jpg?1

Hmm...

QFyszeA.jpg?1

I love Ghirardelli, I hit up the Ghirardelli Chocolatier every time I hit up Downtown Disney, but I'm not a huge hot cocoa drinker, and don't drink coffee at all...

LnOo5s3.jpg?1

Yes. Yes. Fuck yes. I will definitely get down on this.

Onto the next one...

adt84cH.jpg?1

Actually, in the five years that I've done this, this is actually the first time someone's sent me a game. I imagine I'm notoriously hard to buy for, as I tend to buy pretty much every new game that interests me. Pretty small packaging...3DS game? Vita game?

as7TMuO.jpg?1

Tearaway! To be honest I had actually written this off after the demo, but my Vita-owning friends have been pestering me about playing the full product and that the demo doesn't do it justice, so now I get to appease them and hopefully have a good time with it!

cseKScn.jpg?1

(Please don't be something anime)

GsFTVMH.jpg?1

That is...pretty goddamn far from anime in the best way possible! For those who don't follow Assassin's Creed, Ezio was the star of three games, and even though Revelations was the least-good Ezio game, old Ezio was the best incarnation of that particular character. That's badass.

And what's that in the message? A URL...but all it leads to is:
    404: Page not found – the page http://goo.gl/OfTHHI does not exist.

So, who do I thank for this wonderful gift?

• Options
    Wait, that's a zero, not an O!

My Secret Santa is @Arikado, head of the Old Guard of Rock Band!

Thank you so much! I'm about to pop in Tearaway right now

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Thank you so much! I'm about to pop in Tearaway right now

And you'll damn well like it!

Or else...

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Perhaps this game will help me get over my irrational fear of stop-motion animation

WOj8D96.jpg

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    First of all, I want to thank my santa for his excellent gift. Unfortunately, I don't know how soon I can provide pictures for my gift. Situation is that I have just recently suffered several episodes of paranoidic delusions because of extreme weight loss (more than 20 pounds in 3 weeks). While I'm somewhat OK now, I have given order to rest and take it easy. I'm now resting at the countryside, but I left my camera to my other apartment. I'll get into picture posting so soon as I can.

Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Dang Elkatas, I hope you rest well! Pictures can wait when health is on the line, I'm sure your Santa would agree.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thanks to my Santa for the newest Humble Bundle - can't wait to dig in. There was also a note that a physical gift will be sent soon. The excitement builds!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Dang Elkatas, I hope you rest well! Pictures can wait when health is on the line, I'm sure your Santa would agree.

IIRC, drawings are acceptable.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    @UnbreakableVow I'm glad everything arrived. :)

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Santa, just an update. Per my tracking number my package hit Denver this morning at 6 am. It may very well amble on to my city today. If it doesn't I have something in place to collect it tomorrow but I'll be at work when it arrives.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Madpoet wrote: »
    gt_gg.jpg

This is very late, and I am truly sorry. I received a note telling me not to open anything until I had all 4 packages, and only 3 packages showed up. It wasn't until my other santa inquired as to what happened to her gift that I realized what had happened - 3 of these came in one box, and the 4th in another. So I had 3 boxes and a note saying to wait for 4....

So, why is this an American Gift Get? Well, the boxes were marked with an order to open them in. Number one was required to properly view the others:

gt_bars.jpg
    Damn, thems some good eating! I've had bacon chocolate before, but only as a chocolate covered slice. These guys are little pieces of bacon melted in, so they impart a salty-sweet taste to the chocolate. I tried a piece, then moved on to package three:

Those mo's bacon bars are amazing. I love the shit out of them and you are very lucky!

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I have to say, I was really surprised.
    If someone had asked me what I thought I might get from a PA Secret Santa, I don't think I would have guessed "A poster of Chewie riding a squirrel and fighting nazis" in a million years.

And really, it's great to be surprised. Any gifts from my family are straight off the list they start asking for about mid November, so while they're definitely appreciated, there isn't really any surprise.
    But this, this was a surprise.

@ArcticLancer Wanted me to get you black socks, underwear, and maybe a tie or two. I told him he was lame and didn't understand the point of Christmas gifting.

I get so nervous when I try and give something weird. The past few weeks since I ordered it have been agonizing.

• Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    IIRC, drawings are acceptable.

The problem is that Santa sent me lots of different chocolate bars. None of those brands are sold here, and finding pics for them is hard. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Elkatas' SantaElkatas' Santa Registered User new member
    Glad to hear you got it, that poor little package had a long journey! Santa says you should take your time and get better, we're patient folk, we can wait for pictures.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I feel complete now that I have received my gift and sent mine out. But also an emptiness without all the planning and stress.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    gt_gg.jpg

gt_bars.jpg

Those mo's bacon bars are amazing. I love the shit out of them and you are very lucky!

they had a local store when i was living in chicago but i only went there once because i was siteseeing with an ex who came to visit and it's in the tourist trap area of downtown. It was good stuff though. They let us taste everything. Bacon and blood orange were my favorites. hope you enjoy. there's a distinct lack of american flag in your gift though, which the bacon should have been wrapped around.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    My santa still hasn't revealed himself to me.
    ;)

• Options
    ;)

I bet you could figure it out. >_>

<_<

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Wait, did Boy show us what was inside the safe??? WHAT WAS INSIDE THE SAFE!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Just got in, nothing from my Santa. If you haven't posted it yet then I won't get it until after the deadline. Please send me a proxy to let me know what's going on!

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Aioua wrote: »
    ;)

I bet you could figure it out. >_>

<_<

How?
    Was it hidden in that code?
    Was it you and you're just a dirty dirty liar?

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    It wasn't me, but everything you need to solve this puzzle is in this very thread.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Is it?
    I'm terrible at puzzles :s

I thought it might be lost, but I think he confirmed that he wasn't him. Him being santa. He being lost. Lost as in the person, not as in without direction.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    WAIT @ArcSyn are you santy claws?

• Options
    Wait, did Boy show us what was inside the safe??? WHAT WAS INSIDE THE SAFE!

It was a game, I don't remember which but he was very happy and a merry christmas was had by all. Not like that Reddit guy with the safe, he is the grinch.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391