As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Toad looks so surly. :-)

That's a rad gift, though. I assume he found your photos via Facebook? Or stalked you through the bushes?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Both I think.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Holy shit that painting is amazing

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    I'm glad to have this thread for Christmas cheer. My third child (all boys) is nearing 18 months old (will be in a week). Tonight we decorated our tree with shatterproof ornaments I purchased solely because I anticipated them being pulled off the tree and thrown on the ground, and a handpicked selection of our normal ornaments made of plastic, felt and cloth. He has STILL managed to break some.

So, despondent, I did a photographic archives study. Preliminary results seem to match up with my hypothesis that a baby's second Christmas is LITERALLY THE WORST. The Christmas tree we had in 2004 was on the small side and up on what appears to be a table on top of another table covered in a sheet and therefore UNREACHABLE BY TODDLERS. In 2007 I have apparently no pictures of Christmas other than a newly purchased bare tree and some of the kids on Christmas day but outside, which apparently either means I lost pictures, or that Christmas that year was SO awful I didn't want to remember it.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    That painting is pretty freaking awesome. Virtual high five to your mystery santa.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Both I think.

Softly, softly, stalky Poultry.

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Good news a package just came to my door, I had no idea they delivered on Sunday. I will open it later as I need to go out right now.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif
    cfObHKE.png

Thanks @anoffday! This game has a reputation! I wonder how creepy it is...

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I had no idea that was on steam

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Isn't that game from the early 90s or something?

edit: 1995

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    It's a totally wacky fun game!

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    It's a totally wacky fun game!

You can trust him, just read the post while looking at his avatar.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Dear Santa: Just wanted to let you know that I'll be going out of town for a few days on the 26th-30th. Then I'll be back until after New Years, but then gone from the 2-6th.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

Arrived home from work today to find my Wife had discovered a package at the door waiting for me!

As we have gotten a new addition to the family this year, I shall inaugurate this Gift Get with the traditional Animal Picture!

Alexander finally sat still with the box after like 10 tries.

oPPxF3t.jpg

So WHATS IN THE BOX?

F4DlGjE.jpg

2 Envelopes, and 3 "Tablets". Interesting. I guess I should follow the directions...

1fdl5wa.jpg

Nicely done, even has a little owl for a wax seal.

wpjg98Q.jpg

Intriguing. Well I do love a mystery, so lets Delve a little Deeper.

9raabzf.jpg

hmmm... that 30 years is a long time, I am getting to be a bit of an old man now, hah! After a bit of reminiscense (did I spell that right... sure we'll run with that). Its time for the first Tablet.

JreasnE.jpg

This was attached to a bag originally which contained...

1p9XKIw.jpg

A Guardians of the Galaxy Shirt! HELL YES! Awesome design too! I love it!

Now for Tablet 2

NsfQFGW.jpg

lEyobNR.jpg

Hmmm a bit of a puzzle for me and my fellow forumites perhaps?

And the finale, Tablet 3

Njpj58w.jpg

Well I do want to be the Very Best.

Sj8hOqN.jpg

So what is in the box... ITS SQUIRTLE!

K263V8Q.jpg

So it appears that my adventure into FORK (totally not Zork... thats copyrighted) has concluded.

In addition to the previous GIFT GETS of my Guardians of the Galaxy shirt (which I have already worn. love it!), and a Squirtle.... I can now add:
    rSHcbPv.jpg
    snbgkf0.jpg

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

Found out my santa is @Grim123 and there was something else on the way! Also received the latest lovely humble bundle. Can't wait to dive into it. Anomaly 2 looks great. I love tower defense.

Humble-Bundle-PC-and-Android-8-Features-Some-Great-Games-for-Linux-410396-2.jpg?1387372009

My santee's gift should be arriving Monday/Tuesday.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Santa says a box is coming! Eeeee!

Meanwhile, I procrastinated a bunch, then got sick and house-bound for a week. But AT LAST IT IS READY! Your package goes out this day, Santee! By which, I mean, when it's light outside.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Oh, thank the Maker, my Santee's tracking page updated. I mean, it's already a week past its supposed delivery date, but at least now I know it didn't fall off a truck somewhere.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    On top of my already awesome gifts,
    $10 in MS bucks for my xbox gaming
    Scud: The Disposable Assassin - The Whole Shebang collection (this was so great)
    Castle Lego

My Secret Santa just sent me an email with a tracking number for yet more stuff coming my way! SS, whoever you are, you are too generous!

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

What's this? A package arrives on my doorstep!
    1223131106_zps2999f599.jpg

There's a card! (you can see my wife who is impatient to see what it is!)
    1223131107_zps51ad776d.jpg
    1223131107a_zpsbf81891b.jpg

Wait, who?!
    1223131107b_zps71441bf8.jpg

It's maple syrup!
    1223131108_zps39d7ee7d.jpg

@shadowfire was my secret santa last year!
    IMG_7472_zpsedf9eeb8.jpg
    He sent me some amazing gifts then and now has restocked my pantry with some of the best maple syrup you can get! I was just talking with him about how we enjoyed that syrup he sent last year for months, and he has gone and sent me a new bottle! Such class and awesomeness! We weren't originally planning to have pancakes this year, but my wife said that she will now add them to the menu since we have awesome syrup! :D

Thanks @Shadowfire!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    My santee should be getting a box from USPS today. Woo!

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    How exactly were you not planning to have pancakes this year!? Pancakes are a must every year, and that is an awesome gift!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Icemopper wrote: »
    How exactly were you not planning to have pancakes this year!? Pancakes are a must every year, and that is an awesome gift!

My mother in law is making a French Toast casserole and we were going to make eggs. Now, however, we are making pancakes too! :-D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What about waffles? Can you use the syrup for waffles?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    What about waffles? Can you use the syrup for waffles?

You get the hell out, you blasphemous monster

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Whee! According to my tracking numbers, one of my packages is only a few miles away. Though it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, perhaps a Christmas miracle is in store.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    According to the Amazon trackers, my Santee should have received all of my gifts a week ago.

Since then, nothing. Santee vanished, and I'm getting increasingly worried about it all, that something horrible might have happened.

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    According to the Amazon trackers, my Santee should have received all of my gifts a week ago.

Since then, nothing. Santee vanished, and I'm getting increasingly worried about it all, that something horrible might have happened.

Eeek, have you tried sending a proxy?

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote: »

Too early to panic. It's a busy time of year, people traveling and shopping and stuff. To say nothing of assorted weather related power outages possibly limiting connectivity.
    Definitely send a proxy message though. Won't help if the power's out, but it doesn't hurt either.

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    ArcSyn wrote: »

My mother in law is making a French Toast casserole and we were going to make eggs. Now, however, we are making pancakes too! :-D

OK, I just have to know what a French Toast casserole is. I'm picturing something like a cross between turkey stuffing and an omelette, but with maple syrup on it.

testsubject23 on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options

OK, I just have to know what a French Toast casserole is. I'm picturing something like a cross between turkey stuffing and an omelette, but with maple syrup on it.

Imagine French Toast chopped into cubes, placed into a baking pan, mixed with more egg mix and some syrup, and then baked. That's pretty much it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options

Imagine French Toast chopped into cubes, placed into a baking pan, mixed with more egg mix and some syrup, and then baked. That's pretty much it.

Can I add in bacon/sausage?

Layer of hash browns on the top?

Let's do this.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Aioua wrote: »

Can I add in bacon/sausage?

Layer of hash browns on the top?

Let's do this.

Absolutely! Sounds great!

We do have three pounds of bacon.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    All of the hash browns are mine. I called dibs

• Options
    Poll: What condiments go best on hash browns?

a) Tabasco
    b) Lots of Tabasco
    c) Bring me another bottle of Tabasco
    d) I'm a criminal

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    So I'll post a picture today, but I got another gift from my Santa.

A baby murloc for my baby.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Poll: What condiments go best on hash browns?

a) Tabasco
    b) Lots of Tabasco
    c) Bring me another bottle of Tabasco
    d) I'm a criminal

I'm going to have to go with E) Cholula sauce. Because I like things that don't taste like feet soaked in vinegar.

• Options
    Sriracha? I love Sriracha.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    When it comes to breakfast, I'm a Franks' Red Hot kinda guy.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    My wife called to tell me our new puppy managed to poop in the kitchen after being out of sight for five seconds. Also, a mystery package arrived for me! Is it from my secret Santa?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Depends on the hashbrowns. I'm normally a ketchup traditionalist. But wafflehouse hash browns must be mushrooms ham and cheese. Then doused in steak sauce and ketchup.