Options

Existential crisis webcomics [chat]

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    ...I just feel they could come up with a better name than vikingland

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    if chicken burgers count then i havent had a cheese burger in over four hours

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

Probably had licensing issues with skyrim

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Heh, the guys who sit next to me were talking about Dennis Rodman so I just showed them this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT5KHERazY4

Surprised they hadn't seen it before but they had a good laugh.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Iceland and Greenland aren't exactly the most imaginative names either.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    the thing I hate most in the entire world

are when news sites have one small picture above the link

then that picture is nowhere in the article

I don't give a shit that Arnulf (50) won the local raffle, you lured me in here with the promise of a great photograph!

This

Thiiiiiiissss

Also, links with a completely different headline in the actual article.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    It's not really a big deal but it's so damned petty.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    if you can really buy land in detroit for practically nothing (like the house that was a dollar, or whatever) it seems like the optionality on that investment is huge

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

At least it's better then how we got ours...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jG58nghRo

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Isn't Greenland the most triumphant example of an Ironic Name?

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    II had a puzzling end to a so-so game of Dota 2 today.

Me and Winky were with spanish-speakers who weren't really big on "teamwork", we had a pretty lame comp (Shadow Shaman, Puck, Bloodseeker, Tidehunter and Elder Titan.) against a better composed team (Faceless Void, Drow Ranger, Crystal Maiden, Lifestealer and some other hero i forget) with more damage output, at any rate...

So, anyway, things were looking dire as hell. we were pushed pretty far, mid-lane was ompletely destroyed and they did Roshan. We demolished them, stole Rosh, pushed a lane, won a very short teamfight and they all disconnected save for one who just stopped playing.

Really puzzling.

They were winning, and they were winning hard...But the second we started doing less awful, they all gave up...

I hope they felt it was worth it to get an abandon...

They probably succumbed to flaming each other instead of playing, it happens.

Also your comp is way better than theirs until the game goes more than somewhere about 40 min, depending on the farming skills people got at your level. If you had a better carry it would be better at all stages.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    omgomgomgomg

a 10 year old adorable boy named Edvin was on holiday in sweden. He met a 9 year old finnish girl named Elin and he fell in love with her. After they went home he sent a mail about maybe helping him find her, to a small swedish newspaper. Then basically every major newspaper in sweden joined in on the search - and SVT, on TV, with 36% market share

now newspapers can report that the search has been successful. Vasabladet has found her and passed on her contact details to Edvin.

Edvin's family thanks for the help and says that this goes to show that if you have the courage to try, your dreams will come true

The dad in the family, which, if I'm gonna guess, is the grumpier one in the family, has been quoted as saying "this got a bit too much attention, maybe".

anyway this is so adorable that I am dying

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Isn't Greenland the most triumphant example of an Ironic Name?

I've been told that the names were intentionally misleading -- but that very well could be BS.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    if there was a picture of both of them I would literally I-shit-you-not, die

neighbours would report a loud sustained squeal and then a foul odor a month later

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Also I am so hungry.
    I've been living off a single meal a day while in hibernation
    Now that I'm actually moving about my body is like "ffucccccccckkkkkkk"

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    r-u2Z-wZtlc5L9rmZs13CQ1jgfE61qyeDSH0eqW90rOg.jpg

Shouldn't have stopped sacrificing to Thor.

Lightning can be a pretty good omen, 'cause Thor is probably smiting some trolls or giants.

A thing I don't like about modern thors is that Mjölnir tends to shoot electricity instead of being thrown really hard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1q_rRicAwI

yeah and it's always that bzzzzzzzzzt sound

the whole point of him having a hammer, is that it's supposed to make the sound of fucking thunder when it is struck against jotner

if I depicted thor in something, when he struck with it or threw it, there'd be a flash as if from lightning, and well, the sound of thunder

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    What do I want to eat at Iron Hill Brewery tonight?

I really want to try the tacos but they are like$5-$6 each and totally normal sized tacos.

Hmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    But in its June 2012 Obamacare decision, the Supreme Court ruled that states aren’t obligated to expand Medicaid, and Texas is currently one of the 25 states that have chosen not to expand the program. In April, Texas Governor Rick Perry, a Republican, called Medicaid expansion “a misguided, and ultimately doomed, attempt to mask the shortcomings of Obamacare” and has resolutely refused to consider it.

“I found out that Rick Perry had denied Medicaid,” Claudia said. “And I thought, ‘What's going to happen with me now?’”

It’s a question many Texans are asking themselves as vague newscasts about coverage deadlines and website fixes have stirred increasing numbers to learn more about Obamacare—with some finding bad news about their own prospects under the law. Texas has the highest rate of uninsured people in the nation, at 25 percent. In all, 1,046,000 people will fall into the state’s so-called “Medicaid gap”: the expanse between the minimum salary necessary to qualify for a federal subsidy to purchase insurance on the new Marketplace, or about $11,500 a year, and the maximum wage to qualify for Medicaid, which in Texas is about $3,500 for a family of four. At a time when millions across the country are gaining health insurance, it’s estimated that Texas’ Medicaid gap will swallow up 91 percent of the poor, uninsured adults in the state.

My schadenfreude levels are off the chart

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

it's gonna be plastic and terrible

but the concept art amazes me

I didn't even know you did concept art like that outside of like, games and movies!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I still like the Christianisation of Iceland.
    This state of affairs reached a high point the next summer during the meeting of the Alþing, the political hub of the Commonwealth. Fighting between adherents of the rival religions seemed likely until mediators intervened and the matter was submitted to arbitration. The law speaker of the Alþing, Thorgeir Thorkelsson, the goði of Ljósavatn, (Icelandic: Þorgeir ljósvetningagoði), was acceptable to both sides as mediator, being known as a moderate and reasonable man. Thorgeir accepted responsibility for deciding whether Iceland should become Christian, with the condition that both parties abide by his decision. When this was agreed, he spent a day and a night resting under a fur blanket, contemplating.

The following day he announced that Iceland was to become Christian, with the condition that old laws concerning the exposure of infants and the eating of horseflesh would remain, and that private pagan worship be permitted.
    Private worship, eating of horseflesh, and infant exposure. One of these wasn't quite like the others.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Gooey wrote: »
    if you can really buy land in detroit for practically nothing (like the house that was a dollar, or whatever) it seems like the optionality on that investment is huge

establish technotopia

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    fucking @donkey kong I could not resist at this price

fuck youuuuuuuuuuuu

kklhkl

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    But in its June 2012 Obamacare decision, the Supreme Court ruled that states aren’t obligated to expand Medicaid, and Texas is currently one of the 25 states that have chosen not to expand the program. In April, Texas Governor Rick Perry, a Republican, called Medicaid expansion “a misguided, and ultimately doomed, attempt to mask the shortcomings of Obamacare” and has resolutely refused to consider it.

“I found out that Rick Perry had denied Medicaid,” Claudia said. “And I thought, ‘What's going to happen with me now?’”

It’s a question many Texans are asking themselves as vague newscasts about coverage deadlines and website fixes have stirred increasing numbers to learn more about Obamacare—with some finding bad news about their own prospects under the law. Texas has the highest rate of uninsured people in the nation, at 25 percent. In all, 1,046,000 people will fall into the state’s so-called “Medicaid gap”: the expanse between the minimum salary necessary to qualify for a federal subsidy to purchase insurance on the new Marketplace, or about $11,500 a year, and the maximum wage to qualify for Medicaid, which in Texas is about $3,500 for a family of four. At a time when millions across the country are gaining health insurance, it’s estimated that Texas’ Medicaid gap will swallow up 91 percent of the poor, uninsured adults in the state.

My schadenfreude levels are off the chart

I do not feel scootenfroody, only melancholy.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    $3500 for a family of four?

is that per year?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    A dude came to a land with a lot of ice (glaciers)

he called it Iceland

he built a house in a bay

he named it Housebay (Husavik)

then he paused for a second, and thought "man I am great at names"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    *Notes skippy's name*

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    hahahahah
    beaverton
    so many beavers.
    so little time.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

he called it Iceland

his name was actually Mann Greatname

• Options
    skippy your full name, your address

it's beautiful

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    you did the right thing skippy

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    $3500 for a family of four?

is that per year?

Yeah, medicaid pre-obamacare was basically only for people with no incomes.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I do not feel scootenfroody, only melancholy.

These people, every damn one of them, voted for Rick Perry and straight Republican down the ballot

They knew precisely what would happen to them.

Eddy on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    There's something about nordic women that looks manly, but attractive. I can't place my finger on it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

he called it Iceland

And his children were Flottnavmson and Flottnavmsdottir?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

he called it Iceland

now you just have me thinking about that bit in PotC

"stay sharp! it's not for naught this place is called shipwrek cove where lies the town of shipwreck!"

"you know, for all we pirates are clever clogs we are an unimaginative lot when it comes to nameing things"

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    There's something about nordic women that looks manly, but attractive. I can't place my finger on it.

The beards

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    In April, Texas Governor Rick Perry, a Republican, called Medicaid expansion “a misguided, and ultimately doomed, attempt to mask the shortcomings of Obamacare” and has resolutely refused to consider it.
    The Medicaid expansion was a huge part of Obamacare...

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Shia The Beef: the idiot that keeps on giving.

Letter from Daniel Clowes attorney.

I'm almost positive labeouf is doing some sort of stupid Franco-esque meta-commentary on the nature of ownership and plagiarism, whether it was planned to include the ripped off movie or thrown together afterwards to try and cover his ass I don't know

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bowen wrote: »

It's the strong jawline

sign of a courageous warrior

the proud brows and oval faces

indices of aesthetic grace

Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.