As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3/360, they both match my hi-fi now, which do I buy?

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Wasn't Beautiful Katamari a PS3 exclusive that became a 360 exclusive and is not an everyone exclusive?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    robcat09 wrote: »
    Have I embarrassed the PS3 community on this forum like your spokesperson has so eloquently stated?

it's never graceful to have a post-to-valid-point ratio of around a hundred to one

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    robcat09robcat09 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wasn't Beautiful Katamari a PS3 exclusive that became a 360 exclusive and is not an everyone exclusive?

I don't know. I had thought the developers of Beautiful Katamari were working on something completely different for the PS3, with Beautiful Katamari just being an in-between project. It really doesn't seem much different from the PS2 games. I haven't played the 360 demo but if anyone would like to talk about it I'd be interested in knowing how it differs from the previous installments.

I imagine they would want a PS3 exclusive title that uses the motion control in interesting ways.

robcat09 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    bsjezz wrote: »
    Have I embarrassed the PS3 community on this forum like your spokesperson has so eloquently stated?

it's never graceful to have a post-to-valid-point ratio of around a hundred to one

I apologize for that. Most of my posts without valid points are simply defenses against someone else misquoting me or otherwise making me feel like I need to defend myself personally. I would rather not be doing that but will not simply go away because I am being attacked. Hopefully it will end and we can get to discussing the subject at hand.

robcat09 on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Wonder Hippie is the worst troll we've had in some time, and the fatc he hasn't been permabanned seems to be more luck than judgement.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Beautiful Katamari, Ace Combat 6 and Eternal Sonata, once 360 exclusives, are now apparently coming to the PS3 as well.
    These were three of the few 360 games that probably wouldn't come to the PC, but now that you can get them on the PS3, how does that change the value proposition of the 360/PC combo vs. the PS3/PC combo?

Discuss.

Just rechecked Gamespot: neither Katamari nor Ace Combat are coming to the PS3.

Eternal Sonata makes perfect sense, because the 360 sells worse in Japan than diseased wildebeests.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Beautiful Katamari, Ace Combat 6 and Eternal Sonata, once 360 exclusives, are now apparently coming to the PS3 as well.
    These were three of the few 360 games that probably wouldn't come to the PC, but now that you can get them on the PS3, how does that change the value proposition of the 360/PC combo vs. the PS3/PC combo?

Discuss.

Eternal Sonata makes perfect sense, because the 360 sells worse in Japan than diseased wildebeests.

Beautiful Katamari confirmation:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/11/namco-bandai-site-shows-eternal-sonata-and-beautiful-katamari-co/

This site mentions Ace Combat also, but I'm not sure if that is accurate: http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/eternal-sonata-ace-combat-tenkaichi-actu-78440.html

robcat09 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Discuss.

There are those rumors floating around. See if you can get a translation of this site.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Discuss.

Beautiful Katamari confirmation:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/11/namco-bandai-site-shows-eternal-sonata-and-beautiful-katamari-co/

This site mentions Ace Combat also, but I'm not sure if that is accurate: http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/eternal-sonata-ace-combat-tenkaichi-actu-78440.html

Not exactly confirmation, since the PS3 bit has now been removed.

That's not to say it's definitely not coming, since the appearance is interesting.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Discuss.

None of those were ever announced as 360 exclusive. Most people assumed the new katamari and Ace Combat would be PS3 only and were surprised to learn they were hitting 360 at all. Eternal Sonata was announced for 360 but not as an exclusive.

Now for your discussion part I guess that all depends. I have a PC, 360, Wii, and PS2. I don't have a top end PC but it is fairly good. In the case of Bioshock I knew it would run better on my 360. That is really the only reason I nabbed it for the 360 over my PC. I have my PC hooked up to my 40" LCD TV, I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for the living room, and I have it piped into my surround sound (though not optically like my 360). Still I'd rather have the mostly bug free experience of the console over PC and I hate the idea of spending a ton of money to upgrade my PC when the graphical gains are nearly non-existent (right now) between 360/PS3 and PC. I usually upgrade my PC towards the last half of the most recent consoles life cycle. So other than cost what are the reasons I own a 360 and a nice PC?

Xbox Live is a big one. I love multiplayer with mics, something that happens more frequently and easily over Live than anything outside of a clan game on PC.
    Local system multiplayer, hell of a lot easier to play the majority of MP games on my Xbox with friends than by lugging our PCs around. We can even do so from the same couch!
    Console only titles. Believe it or not they make these. A lot of them come out on PS3 as well but a multi platform title hasn't hit yet that looks better on PS3 than 360, frequently they perform worse on PS3 than 360.
    Timed exclusives is another reason. If I'd waited for Jade Empire, Fable, or Gears of War on PC I'd have waited 356+ days longer than just picking it up on PC.
    Trades. I'm not big on trading games into stores but there are some good deals at times and, if nothing else, I feel better taking a chance on a game when I know I can at least get some value out of it if I decide I don't like it after two weeks.
    Hassle. I'm one of those people who find PC gaming to be a hassle. I don't run into problems with every PC game but it happens often enough to really get under my skin.

So why do I have a gaming PC? RTSes and MMOs. If the RTS to 360 trend continues I might ditch the mouse and keyboard all together, I really do hate controlling games that way. It feels incredibly unnatural and the lack of rumble bothers me in none RTS games. If a version of Company of Heroes were to hit 360 I probably wouldn't bother upgrading my PC ever again, short of keeping it running well for any City of Heroes upgrades.

I held off on getting a 360 because I wanted to see what the PS3 was like. Shortly after that terrible E3 of theirs a good offer for a used 360 popped up for me so I dove in. I've been really surprised by how much I love the 360, I've had some amazing gaming experiences on it. The reason I haven't bought a PS3 yet (god knows someday I will) is there aren't enough good titles on it that are not on the 360 and I'm not one to go buying anything based on its potential.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Wonder Hippie is the worst troll we've had in some time, and the fatc he hasn't been permabanned seems to be more luck than judgement.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Perhaps he is referring to this:
    "THERE'S NO WAY TO GET AROUND THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO FORCE OTHERS TO BEHAVE ACCORDING TO YOUR UNSUPPORTED, SPURIOUS CONCLUSION ABOUT THE NATURE OF LIFE, AND THUSLY YOU ARE AN AUTHORITARIAN PRICK ASSHOLE DOUCHEBAG CUNTFACE TWAT."

or perhaps it is this:
    The flow of stupid just doesn't end from your ignorant ass.

I could go on... there are quite a few to list. But proving that wonder hippie is indeed an ass is not the topic of this thread. I only list these as a continuation of my rebuttal to him calling me an unintelligent twit and a dolt.

OT:
    (The arrows after 'wrote:' are not going to the correct posts but if you look up wonder hippie you an see all the times he's been reported. I don't know how to change the arrows, sorry.)

robcat09 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oh knock it off, people.

If either of you two twits says something about the other dolt again in this thread I'm infracting you for running off topic.

Accualt on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Xbox360 now, PS3 maybe in a year...when, you know, it has a lineup worth mentioning.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »
    Now for your discussion part I guess that all depends. I have a PC, 360, Wii, and PS2. I don't have a top end PC but it is fairly good. In the case of Bioshock I knew it would run better on my 360. That is really the only reason I nabbed it for the 360 over my PC. I have my PC hooked up to my 40" LCD TV, I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for the living room, and I have it piped into my surround sound (though not optically like my 360).

Sounds awesome. I used to have a home theater PC hooked up to my DLP in the living room. I played Psychonauts, Oblivion and other games from that time and it was a stunning experience. It was before the 360 even came out, so I was playing games in 'HD' before it became as mainstream as it is today (it is still not very mainstream to play in HD). I got rid of it because we had a baby and I didn't want him playing with (and getting hurt with) all the wires and associated peripherals. Now my PC is back on a desk with a 19'' monitor and it is ok. Having the PS3 gives me that big screen HD experience when I want it ;-)
    Console only titles. Believe it or not they make these. A lot of them come out on PS3 as well but a multi platform title hasn't hit yet that looks better on PS3 than 360, frequently they perform worse on PS3 than 360.

I think that trend is beginning to turn around. A lot of games that are still just coming out began development before the studios even had dev kits for the PS3, so they didn't plan well for it and hence we get shoddy ports (FEAR for one). DiRT is coming out this week and in fact it's been said that it is superior to the 360 version (just runs better). Now all developers have had enough time with the PS3 architecture to plan new games and build them so they run optimally on all platforms (hopefully!)
    Timed exclusives is another reason. If I'd waited for Jade Empire, Fable, or Gears of War on PC I'd have waited 356+ days longer than just picking it up on PC.
    well yeah, if you need to play the games as early as possible then you need the platform that gets them the soonest. On the other hand, when they do finally get released on the PC, they are almost always cheaper by $10 or $20 dollars.
    Trades. I'm not big on trading games into stores but there are some good deals at times and, if nothing else, I feel better taking a chance on a game when I know I can at least get some value out of it if I decide I don't like it after two weeks.

I know. There is always that feeling when buying a PC game that you are STUCK with it no matter what. No store will take it back. Gamestop won't offer you a dollar for it. Fortunately, they are cheaper than the console version, so the $20 you'd likely get as a trade-in value is somewhat offset by an originally lower price.

Case in point: I purchased Bioshock(PC) at Circuit City for $40 on the day it was released(finished 5 days later). That $20 off can be considered the trade-in value I WOULD have recieved down the road when I no longer wanted the game (probably would get a little more than $20, but just making a point).

Hassle. I'm one of those people who find PC gaming to be a hassle. I don't run into problems with every PC game but it happens often enough to really get under my skin.
    PC gaming is definitely a hobby. If you feel it is a hassle, then there is no enjoyment in it for you. I relish the idea of a spring-time upgrade, waiting for the local computer show to hit town and do all my research and get some new components. But you need the money and the patience to deal with problems that will invariably crop up. Ultimately the pay off for me is worth it, because when things are working and there are good games to play, it is SWEET. More satisfying that having a console game that just 'works', you know what I mean? You really need to treat it as a serious hobby to get the most out of PC gaming.
    I held off on getting a 360 because I wanted to see what the PS3 was like. Shortly after that terrible E3 of theirs a good offer for a used 360 popped up for me so I dove in. I've been really surprised by how much I love the 360, I've had some amazing gaming experiences on it. The reason I haven't bought a PS3 yet (god knows someday I will) is there aren't enough good titles on it that are not on the 360 and I'm not one to go buying anything based on its potential.

Yeah, I bought a PS3 on release date because I figured it had potential, and because it would make a good blu-ray player. It was a fluke that i made it to EB Games in time to snag a pre-order that day, so I just walked in and picked up my box without camping out for it like others.

The only reason I don't have a 360 as well is because of the extra clutter involved (again, trying to keep things tidy for my son who is now getting into EVERYthing). I only have one HDMI port on my tv, also.

robcat09 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oh knock it off, people.

If either of you two twits says something about the other dolt again in this thread I'm infracting you for running off topic.

so why did you give me an infraction already? I haven't said a thing since. *sigh*
    Itchy trigger finger perhaps.

robcat09 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The price difference between PC and console games has gotten to me. I probably would have bought Overlord for $50 on 360 but there was no way I'd pay $60 for it on 360 when it is $40 on PC. So oddly enough by making it so cheap on the PC they lost a sale all together. Maybe I should spend $20 on a wireless controller adapter for my PC...

I enjoyed building my PC but I hated all of the research that went into it. Really just too much time invested for too little (in my opinion) reward.
    Oh knock it off, people.

so why did you give me an infraction already? I haven't said a thing since. *sigh*
    Accualt wrote:
    You went digging around his post history, found stupid things he said, then brought said stupid things into a different thread? Come on.

If you want to argue with each other you can take it to PMs. If you want to argue with me we can take it to PMs.

Accualt on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh knock it off, people.

Last time: stop dragging down this thread. You can have a platform war, you cannot question mods decisions in a thread already having problems.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    apotheos wrote: »
    Oh knock it off, people.

Last time: stop dragging down this thread. You can have a platform war, you cannot question mods decisions in a thread already having problems.

dude, did you even see my posts? I'M the one dragging the thread down? Here I was thinking I was one of the few keeping the darn thing afloat.

robcat09 on
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    apotheos wrote: »
    Oh knock it off, people.

dude, did you even see my posts? I'M the one dragging the thread down? Here I was thinking I was one of the few keeping the darn thing afloat.

Repeatedly bumping it while spouting the same tired, annoying argument does not equal keeping the darn thing afloat. It is becoming a little amusing though... O_o

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You know what guys? He should just buy a new pc. Cause that way, we can all stop and get blowjobs from our respective consoles.

YOUR console gives blowjobs....doesn't it?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Klyka wrote: »
    You know what guys? He should just buy a new pc. Cause that way, we can all stop and get blowjobs from our respective consoles.

YOUR console gives blowjobs....doesn't it?

Apparently the PS3 only gives the occassional handy, whereas the 360 fellates with frequency, and the Wii buys you hookers for lunch.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Riiiight....

So, anyway, I think XBLA makes the case for the 360. Granted, I've had no experience with the PS3 equivalent, but I can't imagine it's already as fleshed out as XBLA. It's just so easy. Worth the $400 all by itself.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    AhtariAhtari Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have everything but a PS3, but the wierd thing is that I WANT to buy one. Problem is everytime that I go to the store I cant find 1 damn game I want to buy with it.

All the games seem to be either cross platform, bombing like hell, or maybe good but not 60 bucks good. heavenly sword looks great but a rental only thing.

Hell go to gamespot or any review site really and look at the 10 top rated games on PS3 for its lifetime. Thats what I did. Nearly all of them are cross platform. Hell 2 of thier best, ninja gaiden and elder scrolls are games that had multiple releases already on other consoles!

I have friends that have PS3's and they rarely play them. They complain about playing games online and how annoying it is sometimes. Also the playstation store just seems very cluttered and beta looking to me.

Maybe when FFXIII and metal gear come out I will get one, but rumors are all over about metal gear and I honestly didnt even get through half of FF XII, so who knows if that will even be enough.

Maybe think about it like I did. You buy a PS3 right now what games will you buy with it? I couldnt think of anything I cant get on 360, plus others on 360 that I also want.

Plus all this nonsense about the playstation store having better stuff then live is just proving that those people are biased. Live has tons more demos and live arcade games then PSN.

Ahtari on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Riiiight....

So, anyway, I think XBLA makes the case for the 360. Granted, I've had no experience with the PS3 equivalent, but I can't imagine it's already as fleshed out as XBLA. It's just so easy. Worth the $400 all by itself.

What do you mean by it is 'easy'? navigation?

The PSN is basically a website with very clunky controls and bad UI. I only hope they are currently working on a redesign. Right now you access it on a thursday evening to see what's new - they just put all the new stuff right on the first page so it's not that bad. Grab some demos, download some trailors and get the hell out as soon as you can, is my motto. ;-) not a place to hang out in for very long, but it does provide an easy enough way to get the latest files.

I figure once Sony is ready to unveil their movie download service they will have an upgraded UI.

robcat09 on
  • Options
    JulesJules Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    For the price of a PS3, you can almost afford both the cheap 360 and a Wii.

Metroid Prime 3 + Zelda + Halo3 + Mass Effect .....

Jules on
    (USER WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS POST)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The cheap 360 doesn't include the HDD negating Live and negating any real advantage the 360 has over the other 2 consoles. And the Wii doesn't exactly have a bright future unless third party picks up.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ahtari wrote: »
    I have everything but a PS3, but the wierd thing is that I WANT to buy one. Problem is everytime that I go to the store I cant find 1 damn game I want to buy with it.

All the games seem to be either cross platform, bombing like hell, or maybe good but not 60 bucks good. heavenly sword looks great but a rental only thing.

Hell go to gamespot or any review site really and look at the 10 top rated games on PS3 for its lifetime. Thats what I did. Nearly all of them are cross platform. Hell 2 of thier best, ninja gaiden and elder scrolls are games that had multiple releases already on other consoles!

I have friends that have PS3's and they rarely play them. They complain about playing games online and how annoying it is sometimes. Also the playstation store just seems very cluttered and beta looking to me.

Maybe when FFXIII and metal gear come out I will get one, but rumors are all over about metal gear and I honestly didnt even get through half of FF XII, so who knows if that will even be enough.

Maybe think about it like I did. You buy a PS3 right now what games will you buy with it? I couldnt think of anything I cant get on 360, plus others on 360 that I also want.

Plus all this nonsense about the playstation store having better stuff then live is just proving that those people are biased. Live has tons more demos and live arcade games then PSN.

Ya I could definitely imagine that already having a 360 would make the PS3 look like a much less immediate necessity. The fact that Oblivion and Ninja Gaiden are available on other platforms does not make the system less desirable to someone who doesn't have those platforms, though. That's why there seems to be so many 360 owners who 'bash' the PS3 due to lack of games, whereas I see plenty of games to play.

Motorstorm is pretty unique, I don't know of any other game that provides a similar gameplay experience.

I love Resistance, it feels like a very 'classy' FPS (must be the britsh accent in the voice-overs) ;-) One of the more challenging FPS's i've played. Similar in that regard to FarCry.

Ninja Gaiden, having never played it before, is a breath of fresh air in an industry that is leaning more and more casual gameplay. It is nice to have a game that is hard as nails and doesn't hold your hand.

Oblivion plays really well on the PS3. I've already played through the main plot on the PC, and got it for PS3 just to fool around with side-quests and muck about.

i'm playing Lair(rented) and am enjoying it. If I hadn't looked online for a review of the game I would guess it would be receiving reviews in the 7 out of 10 vicinity.

I was in the Warhawk beta and the game is all kinds of crazy fun. Heavenly Sword may not be worth it for many people, but I remember when NES games were $50 a pop and a lot of those didn't last much longer than 6 hours. Not a big deal.

I played through Bioshock (on PC) and was extremely dissappointed in the 'gameplay' but loved the story and settings. It was a short, one-time play through that isn't that much longer than Heavenly Sword is supposedly. I mean, the difference between playing a game once for 6 hours and another for 8-10 is not that great. They are still one-time play-throughs.

I think Heavenly Sword is the type of game that is INTENDED to be played through many times. Some reviewers would have you believe there isn't much replay value, and I may agree once I get my hands on it, but the demo was fun enough to play 4 times through with me wanting more, so, we'll have to see. I saved every little sister in bioshock and have no desire to replay the game. The $40 was well spent for the experience of playing the game once and experiencing a thrilling narrative.

robcat09 on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The cheap 360 doesn't include the HDD negating Live and negating any real advantage the 360 has over the other 2 consoles. And the Wii doesn't exactly have a bright future unless third party picks up.

is..is this a joke post?

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited September 2007

is..is this a joke post?

Eventually, people will have to own up that having multiple releases of Mario and Zelda games isn't enough to carry a console. Nor are 3D ports of DS games or Tamagotchi.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I think we've been invaded by the Sony Defense Force.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

is..is this a joke post?

Sega, Square Enix, Namco Bandai and Konami have all said they're vastly increasing Wii development and decreasing PS3 development. Not to mention the holiday release list has bales of third parties on there.

Try again.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

is..is this a joke post?

Sega, Square Enix, Namco Bandai and Konami have all said they're vastly increasing Wii development and decreasing PS3 development. Not to mention the holiday release list has bales of third parties on there.

Try again.

Try listing some of these awesome non tamagotchi games that are coming.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    guys

maybe you should listen to gabe and tycho's recent podcast

it basically addresses you people

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hurry, go in defense mode! Tell him all the amazing 3rd party games coming out, like DQ and ! Then tell him it doesn't matter cause SSB and MP are really awesome. Then say how aaaaalllll the developers are going to the Wii, cause the system is selling well! It's all fun and games pointing out system flaws until they do it to the one you will defend to the death over!

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wow, have to say darkwarriow just stepped over the line. There is hi I'm a fanboy and then there is just straight up losing all credibility. I don't even want a Wii. I haven't touched my DS in over 6 months. Even I can see nintendo has the round wrapped up. Shit I just had a conversation with 3 co-workers while heating up my lunch that all just bought Wiis and are loving them. None of them had a console last generation. No matter how bad you want Sony to win it just isn't happening this time.

corin7 on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    No, DarkWarrior is obviously right, it would be stupid for devs to make games for the console that is both outselling the other two by a huge margin, and the cheapest to develop for. that would be madness

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited September 2007

is..is this a joke post?

Try again.

Try listing some of these awesome non tamagotchi games that are coming.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=34123&highlight=holiday

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (9/11/07) ($49.99)
    My Sims (9/18/07) ($49.99)
    Mercury Meltdown (9/18/07) ($19.99)
    Dewey's Adventure (9/25/07)($49.99)
    Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (9/25/07) ($39.99)
    Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party (9/25/07) ($69.99)
    Wii Music (10/1/07) ($49.99)
    Crash of the Titans (10/2/07) ($49.99)
    Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (10/2/07) ($49.99)
    Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (10/8/07) ($49.99)
    FIFA Soccor 08 (10/9/07) ($49.99)
    Bleach: The Shattered Blade (10/9/07) ($49.99)
    Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (10/9/07) ($29.99)
    Zack and Wiki (10/16/07) ($39.99)
    Rockstar Games Table Tennis (10/23/07) ($39.99)
    Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (10/28/07) ($89.99)
    Battalion Wars 2 (10/29/07) ($49.99)
    Endless Ocean (10/30) ($49.99)
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (11/1/07) ($49.99)
    Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (11/1/07) ($49.99)
    Manhunt 2 (11/1/07) ($49.99)
    Geometry Wars: Galaxies (11/6/07) ($39.99)
    Ghost Squad (11/6/07) ($49.99)
    DBZ: Tenkaichi 3 (11/13/07) ($49.99)
    Smartypants (11/13/07) ($49.99)
    Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (11/13/07) ($49.99)
    NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (11/13/07) ($49.99)
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (11/13/07) ($49.99)
    Soul Calibur Legends (11/13/07) ($49.99)
    Rygar: The Battle of Argus (11/15/07)
    Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games (11/20/07) ($49.99)
    Trauma Center: New Blood (11/20/07) ($49.99)
    The Golden Compass (12/4/07) ($49.99)
    Pilotwings Wii (12/31/07) ($49.99)

This isn't all of them, just the ones that sound halfway decent.

So Neva, why is it okay for Darkwarrior to be overly defensive but not anyone else?

Edit: Did I really get dragged into List Warzz? Dammit. I need to keep my brain from overreacting to idiotic statements (no matter what system they apply to).

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    corin7 wrote: »
    Wow, have to say darkwarriow just stepped over the line. There is hi I'm a fanboy and then there is just straight up losing all credibility. I don't even want a Wii. I haven't touched my DS in over 6 months. Even I can see nintendo has the round wrapped up. Shit I just had a conversation with 3 co-workers while heating up my lunch that all just bought Wiis and are loving them. None of them had a console last generation. No matter how bad you want Sony to win it just isn't happening this time.

Or I'm just being sensible. I work in game retail and it can be really hard to get people to buy a Wii with more than WiiPlay because they aren't interested in the games available. More people ask for Twilight Princess on the GameCube than the Wii. And they own the Wii.

So Neva, why is it okay for Darkwarrior to be overly defensive but not anyone else?

I'm not being defensive, I made a statement and you got defensive over it. I asked you to back up the Wii with some actual evidence.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    No, DarkWarrior is obviously right, it would be stupid for devs to make games for the console that is both outselling the other two by a huge margin, and the cheapest to develop for. that would be madness

Yeah, it shows in the quality!

/rimshot

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Anecdote that supports the thing I sunk cash into being the best.

Flippant comment that your cash was sunk unwisely, jackass.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.