Options

[Chat] atop a Skyscraper

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I really resent that collecting swords has become so goddamned representative of neckbeardery. I love the look of swords. They're goddamned beautiful. But I can't own one because UGH, those guys.

collect feodras instead

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    That being said, you can run from a machete. You can't run from a bullet.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Bloody played a game with us 30's last night as support Morgana and pulled his weight thoroughly. I was impressed.

dont do this, I like to think Im poop and then be super excited when I play a game where Im not crap.

Praise ruins this for me

(I'm dead serious)

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I argued with a guy once in America and he didn't shoot me

thanks, Obama

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    The funny thing is that the "OMG 'they' all have guns!" paranoia is the exact reason that some of my family went and bought a shotgun and a crossbow for home protection. Gun ownership is gonna happen. It's way to ingrained now to go away. But damn I hate it when people do it for silly reasons.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Yeah that's true too. If I went to that part of Jackson, at the most I'd be offered drugs. As long as I minded my p's and q's I'd be just fine.

I might get a few "Crazy ass white boy." comments.

Ludious on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Home protection? Crossbow?

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Also, the death rate of machetes falling from the sky is probably lower than bullets.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    (non-fatal shootings have, unsurprisingly, a higher rate of incidence than firearms homicides in the US, at something like 200,000 year url=http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/GUNS/GUNSTAT.html]link[/url)

I live in one of the few households in England with a shotgun in it, so I don't really have much fear of guns. That being said, the US' gun culture is mostly retarded, and every gun control debate I've seen has been a grim reflection of this.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    on the other, statistics. You will not get murdered.
    Not how statistics work.

Exactly how statistics works.

You will not get murdered is true within an acceptable accuracy range.

That sure isn't how statements work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Further note on statistics

RalZRpC.jpg

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Whelp I'm single.

But I get my puppy today. So my emotions are a bit confused!

whoa what happened stacey?

also do you have puppy pics?

Just some differences we've had for awhile and we finally decided it was best to call it.

This is the most recent pic of the pup at 8 weeks:

SARAPUPPIES025_zps27f05a6c.jpg

I'll take some pics with me and her snuggling later today once I have her!

@Irond Will

cute! is she an akita? is she being imported from a chinese slum?

sorry to hear about the breakup. those are painful and i wish you the best.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    If anyone wants the True American Experience, I will argue with and shoot them at PAX for a nominal fee.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    the trick to not being murdered is killing yourself before your murderers can get to you.

you can't kill what's already dead.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

I'd go all Richard Garriott and use a flintlock pistol

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

you can, its just going to be a very short run.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    If anyone wants the True American Experience, I will argue with and shoot them at PAX for a nominal fee.

just a 5 minute argument or the course of 10?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Replace "guns" with "machetes" and see what that does to your thoughts.

I'd rather get shot, tbh.

I had exactly the same thought.

Most people don't carry a high enough caliber weapon for it to really "maim" you like a machete would. You just gotta roll the dice and hope that whatever they hit doesn't cause you to die in the next few hours.

Machetes.. you're probably going to lose a limb and/or bleed out. Fuck that noise.

Then there's the hacking. It's not like it'll go through clean on the first swing. Nope they're going to be going at it more than once.

Who knows when they will stop.

Maybe some concerned citizen with a gun will rescue you though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Alt answer: "Protection from what? Ze Vikings?"

• Options
    Bloody played a game with us 30's last night as support Morgana and pulled his weight thoroughly. I was impressed.

dont do this, I like to think Im poop and then be super excited when I play a game where Im not crap.

Praise ruins this for me

(I'm dead serious)

Wait you want me to insult you

Grinch%2BGrin.jpg

If you insist.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    And seriously - statistically your odds of getting shot / murdered in the US are low.

But even then, most of the people getting murdered in the US are involved in drugs and / or gangs.

If you're some normal white guy in the suburbs, the odds of getting shot / murdered are negligible.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

http://i.imgur.com/RalZRpC.jpg

to be fair, i eat as many cows as i can but that just seems to incentivize making more of them

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    the trick to not being murdered is killing yourself before your murderers can get to you.

you can't kill what's already dead.
    At least, up until C'thulhu rises from his slumber.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Gonna eat all the cows.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Due to mental illness he's not allowed to own a firearm. So he bought a crossbow. Aaaaand his wife bought a shotgun. Good job system! You work!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I forgot to mention I kicked ass at the interview

he was doing a standard interview question dealio - where do you see yourself in 5 years? Well, not at this gas station.

and the lady sitting in added some better questions about how I'd deal with narcomanics pilfering goods from the shelves and such

(which I could confidently answer that I'd deal with well because hulen.)

what I know about fixing cars? Well, not much, just changing oil, wipers, lamps, wheels, that sort of thing

(which I do - I've been doing that on our cars forever, I did that at the previous gas station I worked, I kept two M113s running on my own in the army)

I am actually kind of very well suited for a job at a gas station.

At least this won't be solitary work.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

http://i.imgur.com/RalZRpC.jpg

to be fair, i eat as many cows as i can but that just seems to incentivize making more of them

we've created our own extinction event

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

proper fucked?

sig.gif
  • Options
    I forgot to mention I kicked ass at the interview

he was doing a standard interview question dealio - where do you see yourself in 5 years? Well, not at this gas station.

and the lady sitting in added some better questions about how I'd deal with narcomanics pilfering goods from the shelves and such

(which I could confidently answer that I'd deal with well because hulen.)

what I know about fixing cars? Well, not much, just changing oil, wipers, lamps, wheels, that sort of thing

(which I do - I've been doing that on our cars forever, I did that at the previous gas station I worked, I kept two M113s running on my own in the army)

I am actually kind of very well suited for a job at a gas station.

At least this won't be solitary work.

just remember, if there's a maniac in the bushes across the street with a rifle

he hates cans

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Well these artichokes were slightly off but I ate them anyway. Pray for me guys

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options

Praise ruins this for me

(I'm dead serious)

Wait you want me to insult you

Grinch%2BGrin.jpg

If you insist.

goddamnit

• Options

proper fucked?
    Can already hear it in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfwtBxOZmnM

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I went through a phase where I very nearly bought a rifle, but ultimately decided against it. My wife and I both suffer from depression. Neither one of us is suicidal, but I mean, it's just not worth it being there. Honestly, I have a really open floor plan. I think one of those industrial cans of bear mace would serve us quite well.

Ludious on
  • Options
    sup spool

i tried to grill a salmon last night

it did not work

also i laughed at myself

sig.gif
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    And seriously - statistically your odds of getting shot / murdered in the US are low.

But even then, most of the people getting murdered in the US are involved in drugs and / or gangs.

If you're some normal white guy in the suburbs, the odds of getting shot / murdered are negligible.

like echo said

staistics are meaningless to the individual

• Options
    edited January 2014

Praise ruins this for me

(I'm dead serious)

Yikes, sorry bro. Ok. You were kinda bad. You kept not only hitting my creeps, making it hard for me to last hit. But you also kept using Morgana's pool as support, making it again hard for me to last hit and also pushing the lane faster than we could safely ward for ganks. Also, you didn't buy any wards other than your trinket.

Zat better?

/I still love you though. Best canuck good luck charm evar, eh.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I had another miserable evening in LoL but I did learn one thing: The only way to prevent Ludious raging about Teemo is to pick Teemo.

• Options
    the only weapons i need are my hands

which i use to cover my face when i curl up in a ball and wet myself to ward off attackers

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Whelp I'm single.

But I get my puppy today. So my emotions are a bit confused!

whoa what happened stacey?

also do you have puppy pics?

Just some differences we've had for awhile and we finally decided it was best to call it.

This is the most recent pic of the pup at 8 weeks:

SARAPUPPIES025_zps27f05a6c.jpg

I'll take some pics with me and her snuggling later today once I have her!

@Irond Will

cute! is she an akita? is she being imported from a chinese slum?

sorry to hear about the breakup. those are painful and i wish you the best.

Hahaha, yea she's an Akita.

And that's actually Canada in the background there!

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    I went through a phase where I very nearly bought a rifle, but ultimately decided against it. My wife and I both suffer from depression. Neither one of us is suicidal, but I mean, it's just not worth it being there. Honestly, I have a really open floor plan. I think one of those industrial cans of bear mace would serve us quite well.

what you need is a sword

or swords actually. multiple swords

swords on every wall of the house

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.