Options

[Chat] atop a Skyscraper

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Casual wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    And seriously - statistically your odds of getting shot / murdered in the US are low.

But even then, most of the people getting murdered in the US are involved in drugs and / or gangs.

If you're some normal white guy in the suburbs, the odds of getting shot / murdered are negligible.

like echo said

staistics are meaningless to the individual

I won't be 0.017% dead.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    That being said, you can run from a machete. You can't run from a bullet.

Eh. Most handguns used in crimes aren't particularly accurate.

Unless the shooter is arms-length away with the gun drawn and aimed at you (in which case you're pretty fucked either way) - they are probably going to miss or at least not hit something vital.

Much rather end up in the ER with a bullet in my ass than for getting stabbed a half dozen times or hacked at with a machete.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Whelp I'm single.

But I get my puppy today. So my emotions are a bit confused!

whoa what happened stacey?

also do you have puppy pics?

Just some differences we've had for awhile and we finally decided it was best to call it.

This is the most recent pic of the pup at 8 weeks:

SARAPUPPIES025_zps27f05a6c.jpg

I'll take some pics with me and her snuggling later today once I have her!

"Irond Will"

cute! is she an akita? is she being imported from a chinese slum?

sorry to hear about the breakup. those are painful and i wish you the best.

Hahaha, yea she's an Akita.

And that's actually Canada in the background there!

Is your dog from Quebec?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    the only weapons i need are my hands

which i use to cover my face when i curl up in a ball and wet myself to ward off attackers

finally

a reasonable approach

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I had another miserable evening in LoL but I did learn one thing: The only way to prevent Ludious raging about Teemo is to pick Teemo.
    I pretty much wanted you to die of an aneurism when you told us Teemo wasn't the problem in our lane. I am pretty sure this is why I don't have psychic powers.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Whelp I'm single.

But I get my puppy today. So my emotions are a bit confused!

whoa what happened stacey?

also do you have puppy pics?

Just some differences we've had for awhile and we finally decided it was best to call it.

This is the most recent pic of the pup at 8 weeks:

SARAPUPPIES025_zps27f05a6c.jpg

I'll take some pics with me and her snuggling later today once I have her!

@Irond Will

cute! is she an akita? is she being imported from a chinese slum?

sorry to hear about the breakup. those are painful and i wish you the best.

Hahaha, yea she's an Akita.

And that's actually Canada in the background there!

did you decide on a name yet?

have you considered Bulma

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I could cower in fear from like 6 dogs.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I should play teemo

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    *Types name of TV show into google to see if there was a new episode*

Remind you of new episodes?

*click*

They can't be all evil right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I went through a phase where I very nearly bought a rifle, but ultimately decided against it. My wife and I both suffer from depression. Neither one of us is suicidal, but I mean, it's just not worth it being there. Honestly, I have a really open floor plan. I think one of those industrial cans of bear mace would serve us quite well.

what you need is a sword

or swords actually. multiple swords

swords on every wall of the house

>_>

<_<

This is one of those times where I feel a little bad about signing up for Haidong Gumdo for fear of being lumped into that group of individuals even though I have just my wooden practice sword. :(

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I think the manager was more nervous than I was. Or maybe not nervous, but maybe uncomfortable, and he was the one with the preparation. I just went in like, okay, interview.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    And seriously - statistically your odds of getting shot / murdered in the US are low.

But even then, most of the people getting murdered in the US are involved in drugs and / or gangs.

If you're some normal white guy in the suburbs, the odds of getting shot / murdered are negligible.

like echo said

I won't be 0.017% dead.

I feel at least that much dead most of the time

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2014

*click*

Hmm, I don't see that option. Guess it's for heathen Americans only.

edit: it does list air dates though.

Echo on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I had another miserable evening in LoL but I did learn one thing: The only way to prevent Ludious raging about Teemo is to pick Teemo.

Nah, he'll still rage. Just it will be all snarky. And in public. On this thread.

• Options
    i've already killed this thread by accidentally starting a gun control debate

so fuck it

in for a penny in for a pound!

*deep breath*

tipping is for losers
    religion is the light
    uncut dicks are better than cut
    dogs are better than cats
    Republicans rule Democrats drool
    rapeculture

discuss

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Gonmun wrote: »
    I went through a phase where I very nearly bought a rifle, but ultimately decided against it. My wife and I both suffer from depression. Neither one of us is suicidal, but I mean, it's just not worth it being there. Honestly, I have a really open floor plan. I think one of those industrial cans of bear mace would serve us quite well.

what you need is a sword

>_>

<_<

This is one of those times where I feel a little bad about singing up for Haidong Gumdo for fear of being lumped into that group of individuals even though I have just my wooden practice sword. :(

man when i was like 25 i thought swords were super badass and i bought like ten of them

now they're still sitting in the basement gathering rust

just waiting for the techno-apocolypse

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

what you need is a sword

What you need is a sturdier door and a firm idea of what sort of protection you're interested in. Because amongst other things, having a gun you can't get to when you need it == useless. Unloaded when you need it? Also useless. But how accessible should it be? And how much is your day going to be bothered by planning around an active home-protection scenario?

Would you be better served by say, making sure you could just jump out the bedroom window safely with your cellphone, and a suitable alarm system to detect forced entry?

• Options

Unless the shooter is arms-length away with the gun drawn and aimed at you (in which case you're pretty fucked either way) - they are probably going to miss or at least not hit something vital.

Much rather end up in the ER with a bullet in my ass than for getting stabbed a half dozen times or hacked at with a machete.

the accuracy of the gun matters at ranges of 100, 200 metres

people do suck at shooting though

I wouldn't bet on not hitting anything vital, though

very few parts of your body don't have anything vital in them (ass is one)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

*click*

i dunno

sometimes i'll be watching a hockey game on the DVR from the night before and i'll be like, "who did that guy used to play for again?"

google

first result: THE SCORE FOR LAST NIGHT'S GAME IS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I've seen two really weird things in LoL that should not work, but did in at least one instance and baffled and/or enraged me.

Some rando on our team a few weeks ago said "fuck the meta." and did Jungle Goddamned Annie. It..should not have worked.

It did.

It was goddamned amazing.

Last night, loser and I were bot lane as Sivir and Leona up against Caitlyn and Goddamned Support Teemo

that shouldn't have worked.

Support teemo wrecked our shit.

• Options

what you need is a sword

>_>

<_<

This is one of those times where I feel a little bad about signing up for Haidong Gumdo for fear of being lumped into that group of individuals even though I have just my wooden practice sword. :(

better than wushu

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I pretty much wanted you to die of an aneurism when you told us Teemo wasn't the problem in our lane. I am pretty sure this is why I don't have psychic powers.

u were, in fact, mad bro.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Well guns are rather nice I'll admit. Fun to use and pleasing to the eye.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    I like fencing

and it's not like you can't use an épée for self defense!

even if you don't break off the tip, it's still a metal whip in the hands of someone who's accurate with it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    let's be fair, though

swords are for nerds

hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, nerd

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Basically everywhere you see people get non-fatally shot on TV, is actually pretty god damn fatal, sometimes more so. Like, legs? You'll probably die. Shoulder/upper arm? Likely to nick an artery, and you die.

Oh and then there's the whole "bullets don't go straight" problem (and like, 5.56 which turns out to be great because it narrowly avoids being a war-crime grade round).

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

like echo said

I won't be 0.017% dead.

I feel at least that much dead most of the time

You almost certainly have at least a half ounce of dead cells in your body (assuming you weigh the average 150 lbs).

So, in aggregate we're all more dead than all the murder victims put together.

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

u were, in fact, mad bro.

I am single handedly keeping the aliens from coming down and giving us ascension powers.

Sorry guys, I'm just not ready.

• Options
    i've already killed this thread by accidentally starting a gun control debate

so fuck it

in for a penny in for a pound!

*deep breath*

tipping is for losers - depends on the service
    religion is the light - hmm...still undecided
    uncut dicks are better than cut - Hellz yeah!
    dogs are better than cats - Hellz yeah x2!
    Republicans rule Democrats drool - Umm...no
    rapeculture - Not touching that with my ten foot pole

discuss

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options

doesn't your ass have arteries in it?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

*click*

Hmm, I don't see that option. Guess it's for heathen Americans only.

edit: it does list air dates though.

It did not work for True Detective.

It did work for Regular Show

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    man when i was like 25 i thought swords were super badass and i bought like ten of them

When the world goes turn-based, you'll be in with a chance.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I had a bit of a traumatic incident in a McD's back in 2011. I've only eaten there once since, and that was out of necessity. It was awful.

Last time I ate at McD's was almost a year ago when I had a bacon and egg bagel when we went to my son's band and drill competition for cadets. Regretted it for the rest of the day. Ugh...stomach was not happy with me at all.

Myself and a friend once spent an entire night in a 24 hours McD's because we forgot to book accommodation for a trip.

• Options
    I'll just buy secondhand riot gear for home defense

it would be worth it for the chance to maybe scare the shit out and confuse the hell out of a burglar who breaks in one night and then down the stairs comes what looks like a policeman in full gear

just ????

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    So ze wife and I finished up the 1st season of Arrow last night. Holy shit that season finale was one of the best season finishers I've seen for a show. It was so well executed. We were gasping and shouting at the screen many times.

Damn good show. Can't wait to start season 2.

• Options
    works for any kind of armor, really

maybe even better with plate armor

that would be worth keeping a set in the bedroom and practice putting it on quickly; to make some burglar go "you would not believe what happened when I was burgling last year"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

what you need is a sword

>_>

<_<

This is one of those times where I feel a little bad about singing up for Haidong Gumdo for fear of being lumped into that group of individuals even though I have just my wooden practice sword. :(

Well, on the plus side I have my second class tonight. Not feeling nearly as sore as I did yesterday or the day before which is a plus as well. I'm hoping that I'll start seeing some positive results for me in about a month since I'll be going 3-4 times a week (Tues, Wed, Fri and Saturday). Go New Year's Resolution!

• Options

A shit .22 / .32 revolver? You aren't hitting a house at 100 meters with that thing in the best circumstances.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    holy shit, S5E1 of Community was excellent

This discussion has been closed.