Options

[chat]landers

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    hmm, wife just texted me to pick up a pregnancy test and a coat hanger on the way home

o_o

it's kinda complicated but basically our oldest is super far ahead in development while our youngest is behind to the point where we started taking him to therapy and she's is taking this all very personally due to the fact that she hasn't had the time and energy to work on things with our youngest like she did with our oldest

and while initially she wanted another kid now she thinks she won't be a good enough mother for it but we already kinda pulled the goalie a few times so

That's really rough, and I'm sorry she's going through that.

Thanks. I think it wouldn't be nearly so bad if our oldest wasn't a constant reminder of the stark contrast. I also think our youngest is mostly behind because he took forever to get any teeth in, which set back his eating habits, which set back his talking (apparently the two are related). But at any rate she's not in the greatest place right now but things will get better I'm sure.

how old r dey

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Yay, the philosophy thread came back up.
    Time for more nonsensical arguing.

No one is forcing you to participate. Try to pretend like the thing that I'm doing with my life is a little bit less "nonsensical"

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    hmm, wife just texted me to pick up a pregnancy test and a coat hanger on the way home

o_o

it's kinda complicated but basically our oldest is super far ahead in development while our youngest is behind to the point where we started taking him to therapy and she's is taking this all very personally due to the fact that she hasn't had the time and energy to work on things with our youngest like she did with our oldest

and while initially she wanted another kid now she thinks she won't be a good enough mother for it but we already kinda pulled the goalie a few times so

Thanks. I think it wouldn't be nearly so bad if our oldest wasn't a constant reminder of the stark contrast. I also think our youngest is mostly behind because he took forever to get any teeth in, which set back his eating habits, which set back his talking (apparently the two are related). But at any rate she's not in the greatest place right now but things will get better I'm sure.

how old r dey

2.5 yrs and 10 months

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Evening folks, let me impart some wisdom on you

This is the opposite of sad and culture.

It's been replaced with "the first time I saw goatse."

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

o_o

how old r dey

2.5 yrs and 10 months

oh right

well

so long as he learns to read before 7 it literally doesnt matter

10 months = blob

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Evening folks, let me impart some wisdom on you

I totally used to throw nudie magazines into the woods behind my old apartment complex so that some young lad or lass could have that moment of wonderment. Alas now it would be for naught.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    "Heh so this guy on the internet has low self-esteem and hey where are you all going?"

Describing Corgi gifs is a real crowd-pleaser, let me tell ya wot.

• Options

No one is forcing you to participate. Try to pretend like the thing that I'm doing with my life is a little bit less "nonsensical"

it's cool bro, 99% of D&D is nonsensical arguing

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Tav, tell it true: is all your standup material based on [chat] discussion or only 95% of it?

so then the alcoholic squirrel says to the hodgeheg,

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    guys on an unrelated topic, what's a funny disease? I was thinking polio

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    Everyone should have a few tasteful nudes on their phone, just in case a child comes across your mislaid phone

mommy this bird has a funny beak

honey let mommy see tha-- OH MY GOD

• Options
    i mean, funny to say... not to look at

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    So I can't decide whether I love or hate Dark Souls. I've accomplished practically nothing in about 90 minutes of playing. I've gotten killed like 20 times, I've acquired no new gear and I feel like I'm possibly the worst person ever at parrying.

But I kind of want to keep playing.

It's like now I have something to prove.

• Options

o_o

how old r dey

2.5 yrs and 10 months

oh right

well

so long as he learns to read before 7 it literally doesnt matter

10 months = blob

yeah I am trying to explain to my wife that there is plenty of time for him to catch up and the therapy and stuff we are doing now should do that

• Options
    hmm landshark

if he's going to be a slow developer

have you considered giving him a leg up in other areas

like a hoverboard

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Hah, I take charges of being nonsensical really seriously. If I'm legitimately nonsensical, then I've got a big problem.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    it'll be fine, hell, I don't even remember my first 10 months

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular

Shingles

• Options
    I developed a little sooner than average and I'm unemployed and disenfranchised so it doesn't really matter I guess

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014

Hah, I take charges of being nonsensical really seriously. If I'm legitimately nonsensical, then I've got a big problem.

@LoserForHireX sorry, I didn't notice you replied to me in here.
    When I said "yay, more nonsensical arguing" I meant that in the most sincere way possible.

Like, I really enjoy talking philosophy with people because I don't get it.

I mostly just picked physicalism because I was raised a biblical-literalist christian, so I still have that need for something to be absolute.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I didn't talk until I was about 2 years old.

I had really low apgar scores as a baby (like 2 and 3) and the doctors told my parents I was probably retarded. I slept all day and if someone picked me up or tried to play I would cry meekly until they put me back down. When I should have been looking around and like, trying to stand, making eye contact and shit, I'd just flop and look vacantly around.

Then one day, my favorite toy was on the floor in my room instead of in the crib. At 26 months old I delivered my first words, all at once, in a full sentence: "Mommy, please put my pet monster in the crib." Boom.

As a parent it's your job to worry about your kids. As a kid, it's your job to fuck with your parents as much as you can. Don't even worry about it yet, Landshark.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BSoB wrote: »

Shingles

"Little Timmy Shingles"

yes

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    so if you recall this comic

i-9cXZC54-950x10000.jpg

it's basically an accurate description of EA's new one.

http://www.ea.com/tetris-ipad

"join the T-club"

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    BSoB wrote: »

Shingles

"Little Timmy Shingles"

yes

rickets

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i was having an internal dialogue - not monologue - and i made a pun to myself and chuckled a little bit irl

on a scale of 9 to 10 how sad is this

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I dunno if anyone saw me ask but:

does anyone have an experience with temp agencies? How good/bad are they?

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    i was having an internal dialogue - not monologue - and i made a pun to myself and chuckled a little bit irl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cLJyKBtmICQ#t=70

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I started walking pretty early and even started taking laundry to the hamper and throwing trash away in the garbage and stuff.
    Basically all other moms hated my mom
    WHY DO YOU GET THE HELPFUL BABBY

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    It's like now I have something to prove.

Welcome to Dark Souls.

Have a padded surface nearby to safely fling your controller.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Aww, the Professor died :(

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Ehhhh... They're awful, but it can be a good way to fill out your resume, get office skills, and maybe land a job

• Options
    huh, embedding videos with times doesn't work

skip to 1:10

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

What did Gilligan do this time?

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

If inadvertently amusing yourself is wrong I don't want to be right

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Ehhhh... They're awful, but it can be a good way to fill out your resume, get office skills, and maybe land a job

Awful with...job placement or do you mean the kind of jobs they put you with?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mom, I'm not saying it's a bad idea. Go talk to some.

• Options
    Mim! Omg autocorrect!

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I started walking pretty early and even started taking laundry to the hamper and throwing trash away in the garbage and stuff.
    Basically all other moms hated my mom
    WHY DO YOU GET THE HELPFUL BABBY

Pfft, I still don't put laundry in a hamper. It goes from body to floor and then on the weekend from the floor into the washing machine

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

What did Gilligan do this time?

Fiddled with the coconut radio wiring, I think.

This discussion has been closed.