Options

This S T E A M thread is old.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »
    Can I get an invite to the Adventure Team group?

Post a link to your Steam profile page. @Allforce. (If it's in your sig I can't see it from my phone.)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Allforce/

Thanks!

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    What's the word on Company of Heroes 2. Those user reviews on Metacritic are scathing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    i haven't let myself download the free weekend of SRIV because I bought it on the 360 since I have an absurd amount of MScash from the moonbucks transfer, and I don't want to get spoiled with the PC version. :(

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    What's the word on Company of Heroes 2. Those user reviews on Metacritic are scathing.

I would like to know this as well!

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    I was bitten by a radioactive @Rikdaly giving me the strength, reflexes, and senses of a pinball master allowing me to beat @Viking's top score on the Spiderman pinball table by 19 million.

That gives me 3 high scores now. Hopefully, I won't get any sort of comeuppance in the form of one of my beloved scores to getting tragically gunned down.

Even if I forget that with great pinball power comes great pinball responsibility, I'm sure I can always count on at least one high score to continue to cling to life well beyond responsible life expectancy.

In the unlikely event I lose them all, then it's deal with the devil time.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Honestly saints row is made to be played on casual so you can just enjoy all the crazy shit they let you do

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Jungleskye wrote: »

A lot of them probably come from Russians who were offended by the campaign of the game. It didn't show the Red army in the best light and this caused a furor. Also apparently the multiplayer is just not very good

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Reviews basically deride story for being less good, and mechanics fire showing less innovation. There is little wrong with original and its mttiplay and plot so buy and make merry.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    My brain is doing that thing where I'm looking at my backlog of awesome games and I don't want to play any of them.

Life is so hard.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    My brain is doing that thing where I'm looking at my backlog of awesome games and I don't want to play any of them.

Life is so hard.
    Yeah, like hmm my Steam account has 300000 games in it and I have finished 7 and started 8, I've got nothing to play

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I artificially increased my Steam Library size by reinstalling the f2p MMOGs I sometimes play from Steam instead of their individual sources. It sort of feels like cheating, but now I have 90 games which makes me feel both good and bad.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Sex is fun and dominates people lives
    Video Games are fun and seek to emulate life, sometimes to crazy extremes (sci fi, wizards, dinosaurs)
    Yet Sex + Video Games = everyone looses their minds.

However, sometimes, things go right and we get content that proves the pattern wrong.
    Buy Fallout 3 and discover which ones those are.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I've mostly been steering clear of early access games for a number of reasons.
    First and foremost, I'm not likely to go back to it after I've finished it, so if it's not done then I'm just missing out.
    Second it's getting harder to tell which ones are closer to complete than others. I mean I played Don't Starve before it was technically done, but I think it was done enough for me.

But I just peeked at this Divinity Original Sin game from the banner and ok yeah those bullet points sound nice and all. I'll have to keep an eye on this. Then I noticed this review quote.

“Divinity: Original Sin aims to be nothing less than a modern-day Ultima VII, featuring a ridiculously interactive and detailed world”
    PC Gamer

That gets me good. Ultima VII combined with part 2 is right up there for favorite games of all time for me.

I'm just gonna pretend it said Ultima VIII and go back to ignoring it for now. Very concentrated ignoring.

Turn-based
    Open-world
    RPG
    Larian studios

My goodness. That makes the heart flutter a bit.

This thing, it is pleasing to my soul.

Was this the one on kickstarter? I think I contributed to this. Is it out now??

Also, speaking of kickstarter, where's shovel knight?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    slappybag wrote: »
    who here owns the most games? just wondering

;D

Maybe chocobolicious?

I was just joking cuz its probably me

I'mm just leave this here.

pID7T04P1YGJT.gif

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Depending on how much you care about certain things, the first one is way better. These things are mostly related to the MP game and Meta-game.

@TychoCelchuuu Could maybe elaborate far better than I, if he so wishes.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Life is so hard.

Steam Roulette go.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Honestly saints row is made to be played on casual so you can just enjoy all the crazy shit they let you do

Agreed, it can be challenging, by why mess with that when you can just go around on an easier difficulty killing everyone with a dildo bat.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Life is so hard.

Steam Roulette go.

for some reason steam roulette cant find me:(

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Life is so hard.

Steam Roulette go.

for some reason steam roulette cant find me:(

http://steam-roulette.heroku.com/?user=stevemarks44/

There ya go.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @Scratchy for Continue?987654321! It appears @Viking has also been blamed for this gift. This might require some investigation! Hmmmm
    X037qlG.png

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    signature.png

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I feel like CoH2 is flawed but still enjoyable. I don't feel it's nearly as bad as some people say, but it definitely has issues. Whether those issues are enough to make you rage against it's very existence or merely feel disappointment but still have fun with it, is up to you.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    My PC has been shutting down abruptly and randomly..usually when running something like Minecraft. Tonight it did it while I tried to play marvel heroes. Does that sound like overheating? Is there some way to log why is it turning off and see the cause?

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Posting this again:

It's giveaway time!

Hey everyone! I've got several items that I collected during the Winter Sale that I'm looking to give away over the coming week. I'm using Steamgifts, but you will have to work (just a tiny bit) in order to be entered into the drawings. All I require is an answer to a question below sent to me via PM. You will receive a Steamgifts link for each answer you give and everyone is welcome to enter as many as they like.

Seriously, I don't care how many questions you answer. You're welcome to answer all and enter every giveaway if they interest you. Without further ado:

1) How have you learned from a past failure and managed to overcome a difficult challenge?

2) What role have you played in a group effort that led you and your group to mutual gain?

3) What mistake have you tried to hide from, only to find it catch up in the future and force you to face it?

4) Where has your sense of adventure taken you?

5) Who do you still remember whom you can't (or won't) talk to, and if you could, what would you say?

The giveaways end this Sunday at 11:55 PM Central time (GMT -6:00). Good luck to all entrants! As a side contest, try guessing to which games these questions correspond. Whoever gets the most correct answers will win a special prize!

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Drovek wrote: »

Depending on how much you care about certain things, the first one is way better. These things are mostly related to the MP game and Meta-game.

@TychoCelchuuu Could maybe elaborate far better than I, if he so wishes.
    CoH 2 is a mediocre RTS that tries to sell you a bunch of DLC. The single player is worse than the original game and the multiplayer is worse than the original game. It's worth it if you're starving for a new RTS and neither Men of War Assault Squad 2 nor the new Wargame game look any good. Otherwise stick with the original CoH, which a lot of players are going back to because CoH 2 sucks so much.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @Scratchy got me, too (and again tried to blame @Viking).

steambandits.jpg

Thanks! That went straight to the very top of wishlist as soon as I saw it on Steam the other day. It looks so fantastic. :)

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Berylline wrote: »
    Thank you so much to @Scratchy for Continue?987654321! It appears Viking has also been blamed for this gift. This might require some investigation! Hmmmm

I forgot an L, I feel bad. I am just a middleman though so I did my duty!

@Scratchy got me, too (and again tried to blame @Viking).

A web of lies built on a podium of deceit. It was all Viking's idea.

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @DaringDirk is super classy and hit me with the Humble Bundle X set! Thanks so much man. I've been eyeing Reus and Joe Danger 2 for a while, going to put those near the top of my must try out list.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    So, my wishlist got out of hand [again]. Wishlist pruning, though... this is painful. It's like looking at a box of a dozen assorted cupcakes, knowing you can only keep six and having to decide which ones to give away.
    What? Don't tell me nobody has ever experienced that trauma!

It would help if we could just have a moratorium on good new game releases for a while. Y'know... breathing space!

Anyone else try to keep their wishlists at certain numbers? Round numbers? Magical numbers? Or just... add everything?

I'm probably do for a prune, I was trying to keep to 50. But you know, hard. So much goodness. As for two wishlists, I would want one public, one private. My private can be the length of well,, a lot.
    I miss the bro button, I don't understand raven.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    Man, Thomas Was Alone is great. I really didn't go in with much in the way of expectations and came out the other side beaming--blasted through it in one sitting. It's just so... charming. Narrator uses British Accent. It's super-effective!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Now that I'm in the group (thanks again!), I have a question on these "contests" people run with entries on Steamgifts.com. Can I create those as well just being a new member? Or do you have to build up some sort of credit? How is a winner determined? Do I just plug the steamkey in as the prize and throw a link up for you guys?

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Aaaaand @CorriganX just hit me with a code for Toki Tori 2! This looks absolutely adorable; thank you so much!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I was looking at this list of GFWL games showing which ones have been converted to Steamworks, which ones won't, and which ones are still up in the air. I noticed Dark Void on there, which is a game I bought some time ago and never even tried. I went ahead and downloaded and was pleased to see that the Steam version didn't actually have GFWL in it.

Game didn't seem too bad so far, although I guess you eventually get a jetpack. And it has Nolan North as the main character doing the generic Nolan North voice. Apparently Nikola Tesla is in there too somewhere.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I was looking at this list of GFWL games showing which ones have been converted to Steamworks, which ones won't, and which ones are still up in the air. I noticed Dark Void on there, which is a game I bought some time ago and never even tried. I went ahead and downloaded and was pleased to see that the Steam version didn't actually have GFWL in it.

Game didn't seem too bad so far, although I guess you eventually get a jetpack. And it has Nolan North as the main character doing the generic Nolan North voice. Apparently Nikola Tesla is in there too somewhere.

I really want to see Iron Brigade green. Glad to see Toy Soliders went green too. Bought that awhile ago, but never tried it when I heard it was GFWL.

So do I get a key for my Batman Arkham City or something? How does that convert to steamworks?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    My goodness. Steam Bandits scratches so many of my gaming itches.

Steampunk-fantasy setting
    Town building and management
    Town and building decoration (can even paint the buildings whatever colors you want)
    Character customization
    Character advancement (level-ups, stats)
    Pretty princess dress up (with gobs of dye options for every piece of clothing!)
    Adorable art
    Tame-able Pets
    Party recruitment and management
    Adventure! Quests!
    Did I mention adorable art?

I can see myself losing some ridiculous number of hours to this one.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I really liked certain aspects of Dark Void. I played the demo to death back in the day, and then was pretty disappointed in the game overall despite the potential jetpack fun to be had.

Of course, this was before Just Cause 2 came out and changed the world forever. Not sure if the stuff that I was so in love with will still hold up after much better free-falling simulators have been released.

Speaking of which, you've all checked out Volo Airsport, right? Made by the same guy who made the hot-air balloon game The Aurora Wager? It's freaking sweet (and so is TAW).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0nABd5xe1I
    OBLIGATORY WUBSTEP

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    My goodness. Steam Bandits scratches so many of my gaming itches.

Steampunk-fantasy setting
    Town building and management
    Town and building decoration (can even paint the buildings whatever colors you want)
    Character customization
    Character advancement (level-ups, stats)
    Pretty princess dress up (with gobs of dye options for every piece of clothing!)
    Adorable art
    Tame-able Pets
    Party recruitment and management
    Adventure! Quests!
    Did I mention adorable art?

I can see myself losing some ridiculous number of hours to this one.

That all sounds pretty good. I'm wondering what they're building the game in, to be able to port it across so many different systems . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Now that I'm in the group (thanks again!), I have a question on these "contests" people run with entries on Steamgifts.com. Can I create those as well just being a new member? Or do you have to build up some sort of credit? How is a winner determined? Do I just plug the steamkey in as the prize and throw a link up for you guys?

Welcome aboard. You should be able to make gifts right away. Steamgifts RNGs the winner for you and then you give the gift however you need to -- from Steam inventory directly, emailed, pass a code through a chat or forum PM, baked in a cake with a dancing girl, whatever. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Why yes, I did buy that pool game the other night at like 4AM. Then played it for 12 minutes and fell asleep.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
This discussion has been closed.