Options

This S T E A M thread is old.

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    A "So Raven" button?

Do I love it? Do I hate it? I am conflicted! Someone tell me how to feel.

It would help if I had even the vaguest notion what it means. B)

It's so mysterious to me.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    @CorriganX just sent me a copy of Banner Saga, which was completely uncalled for. (Thank you so very much! It looks so pretty, and people have been singing its praises in the thread, so I've been wanting to give it a try!) <3

Now, I just have to decide which banner to pick. @Elvenshae made an awesome one, and others have also brought to my attention a carrot banner and a jackalope banner. It will be a tough decision!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Goodbye Bro? button!

EDIT: I hope people will understand when I respond to their "my kid's in the ICU" or "just lost my job" posts with "So Raven!"

So we'll use the Bro button nevermore.
    John-Cusack-thinks-Thats-So-Raven.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @Berylline doesn't even mention that she got me Deadly Premonition first. Pfft. Thank you Berrybunny. You are the best crumplezone passenger ever. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ... and hit me with Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies, besides!

Thank you, classy bunny @Berylline!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Re: The Banner Saga.

If you kickstarted it at a high-enough level, you got to design a crest to go into the Heraldry section of the game, where other people could pick your design to represent their clan.

I thank Ultrahonkey for reminding me of the fact that I hadn't submitted mine a little while ago, and got to work on it. Well, I'm not much of an artist, but my design was just accepted last night, and should (hopefully) make it out into the next patch for TBS.

So, uh, let me know if you end up picking it. :D
    515eef6f-9cc7-4634-ac54-11e505b49926_zps98de60f3.png

That banner is sweet, @Elvenshae! Is there a way to find particular banners? I imagine they'll be a lot of them to wade through.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    Re: The Banner Saga.

If you kickstarted it at a high-enough level, you got to design a crest to go into the Heraldry section of the game, where other people could pick your design to represent their clan.

I thank Ultrahonkey for reminding me of the fact that I hadn't submitted mine a little while ago, and got to work on it. Well, I'm not much of an artist, but my design was just accepted last night, and should (hopefully) make it out into the next patch for TBS.

So, uh, let me know if you end up picking it. :D
    515eef6f-9cc7-4634-ac54-11e505b49926_zps98de60f3.png

That banner is sweet, @Elvenshae! Is there a way to find particular banners? I imagine they'll be a lot of them to wade through.

Not quite that many; they're separated by tags, so mine should be tagged under "Weapons" and ... probably "Misc." That's what I tagged it as, anyway. There was only a single page of weapon-tagged banners, last I checked, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

You can also search for mine using the email address I used to submit it, which starts very, very similarly to my forum name. :D

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    rikdaly wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    chocobolicious is easily ahead of me.think there's a few others too. @rik_daly perhaps?

You and Chocobolicious are way ahead of me, I have a LOT of games but you guys are something else. The question of who has the most games has come up before but I can't remember who it was before? I think maybe it begins with an M

As I recall it was between Choco and Maddoc. I'm nearing 800, which is... frightening, given my free time to actually play. Just waiting to contract the flesh eating bacteria or get a spinal injury or something that leaves me coherent with working hands, stuck at home with the computer and nothing to do for months.

Choco beats maddoc by about 200 games. 1,326 games for Choco compared to 1,167 for Maddoc.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm not aware of this being out there but I'd love a steam sig where it showed my 4 favorite games, like the ones I can set in my steam profile. I put a lot of thought into those!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    akajaybay wrote: »
    On last quiet reminder that the signups for the Steam Battle end tonight. Have plenty of applications but the survey will take up to a 100 so there's still some room if anyone has been on the fence.

Finished Broken Age last night. Super nice. Kind of maybe wish I'd waited so I could play it all toge ther since it's going to be a while I imagine for the second half. Which reminds me where's Wolf Among Us part 2? Don't tease me Telltale.

First week of February for ep 2.

edit: messed up the link, this is why you lurk on mobile Hyphy. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/wolf-among-us-episode-2/

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    @Elvenshae

I love your design (despite the obvious lack of the best color for fearsome vikings).

One more reason for me to consider Banner Saga a must-get.

(aside: it wasn't me that reminded you to submit it, though. Perhaps you meant Urahonky?)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Clearly we need a That's So Gaben button instead.
    If only those icons weren't so small...
    zTSnh2n.png

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    @Elvenshae

I love your design (despite the obvious lack of the best color for fearsome vikings).

(aside: it wasn't me that reminded you to submit it, though. Perhaps you meant Urahonky?)

Seriously, the game is fucking rad as hell. Everyone should get it

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I never even knew what it meant...

Bro button was the best button. It could mean solidarity, confusion, agreement, disbelief, anger, or pretty much anything in between.

That said, I can't say I'm disappointed in its replacement. Because, you know, it's so raven.

I'm not sure I like it. I understand bro. This Disney thing? Yeah, I'm not young enough to have a clue.
    heenato wrote: »
    That's so "mid 30's lady trying to act 14."

Got it.

Man... sitcoms are fucked up.
    It's an early 2000's Disney channel sitcom. It ain't a good example of sitcoms in general.

It was really bad, like most disney channel sitcoms.
    You best not be insulting Dog with a Blog. I mean, it has a talking dog with an online presence...what more needs to be said?

More blues pointing to I'm very old and have no clue. The thing is, these buttons affect the whole forum? Why was this done? Is @tube the one who does these things?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I'm hit, I'm hit! I'm going down in the Pacific! The classy @Berylline also got me with Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies! Thank you so much!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    On the same note @Variable, I tripped over the Void Destroyer store page and it got kicked right into my library.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzcAl_vVRyM

I'm going in. Send reinforcements.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't watch. You son of a bitch.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This thread is not So Raven, it is so Steam. Please talk about Steam in it and not the raven button.

• Options
    I see the vorpal bunny is on the warpath today.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Guys my PC has been broken for about a year now and I'm getting ready to buy a new one.

I... I think I'm going to build it. Just so much more bang for buck that way. I can finally play the huge backlog of games I have.

Lately I've been tiding myself over on my Mac with Dust. After that, Bastion.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    @Elvenshae

Nope - 'twas you.

See?

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28827197/#Comment_28827197

• Options
    pqAIiub.png

The Gifting Rabbit of Caerbannog is back in action.
    Thank you very much @Berylline for Deadly Premonition! <3

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I can't believe I didn't have the SR4 season pass yet. Thank God *that's* corrected.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    @Elvenshae

Nope - 'twas you.

See?

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28827197/#Comment_28827197

Well, bless my faulty memory modules, would you look at that?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I don't have a game collecting problem, I just want that badge. That sweet, sweet badge. Nothing wrong with that at all, everyone collects badges.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I know, I kind of told myself I was done with badge making and would just sell everything now.
    But I actually kind of want the Banner Saga badge. Maybe multiple. It seems like it must have some nice background choices.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I worked hard to get to 30 at summer as that was a goal, and said I was done. Steam sales took me to 46'ish. I lost count :\

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've mostly been steering clear of early access games for a number of reasons.
    First and foremost, I'm not likely to go back to it after I've finished it, so if it's not done then I'm just missing out.
    Second it's getting harder to tell which ones are closer to complete than others. I mean I played Don't Starve before it was technically done, but I think it was done enough for me.

But I just peeked at this Divinity Original Sin game from the banner and ok yeah those bullet points sound nice and all. I'll have to keep an eye on this. Then I noticed this review quote.

“Divinity: Original Sin aims to be nothing less than a modern-day Ultima VII, featuring a ridiculously interactive and detailed world”
    PC Gamer

That gets me good. Ultima VII combined with part 2 is right up there for favorite games of all time for me.

I'm just gonna pretend it said Ultima VIII and go back to ignoring it for now. Very concentrated ignoring.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    That's so "mid 30's lady trying to act 14."

Got it.

Man... sitcoms are fucked up.

Raven Simon is only 28, and was 24 when that show was made.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @rikdaly for Arma II

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    pqAIiub.png

The Gifting Rabbit of Caerbannog is back in action.
    Thank you very much @Berylline for Deadly Premonition! <3

Goddamn is that bunny adorable.
    Also I am excited! Going to do a speed dating thing for my bunny this Sunday, so we can hopefully get him an awesome companion. Then he can have a bow tie, and go on adventures, and be super cool.

Also Steam thread, someone talk me out of buying Rust, because you guys talked me into wanting it.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I worked hard to get to 30 at summer as that was a goal, and said I was done. Steam sales took me to 46'ish. I lost count :\

Winter sale propelled me as well. I have an addiction. That is the first step, right? admitting I have a steam addiction? Now what is the weekly and daily sale? :P

I think the worst part was when someone showed the website to get cheap badges. For games I don't own.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I know, I kind of told myself I was done with badge making and would just sell everything now.
    But I actually kind of want the Banner Saga badge. Maybe multiple. It seems like it must have some nice background choices.

If you don't care for the badges/levels you can sell the cards to buy the end products at a ridiculously good rate.

That's what I do anyway.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I made about $8 selling all the cards I had after reaching Steam Level 20. Just waiting for FFVIII to go on sale.

On an unrelated note, why is it that waking up earlier than normal makes the day seem to go much slower? Wasn't even that early, just an hour before my usual time.

• Options
    I don't have a game collecting problem, I just want that badge. That sweet, sweet badge. Nothing wrong with that at all, everyone collects badges.
    There'sss nothing wrong, my preciousss!
    Chocoboliciousss knowsss, my preciousss!
    Sssweet ssshiny Sssteam badgesss, my preciousss!

oOFqIkT.png

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    @HiT BiT
    The awesome button is not awesome enough.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Geez @HiT BiT That is incredible.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Ceno wrote: »

Oh man... that concept art looks amazing.

W̘̺̱͒̓ͭ̈́͊̕ȟ̘̮̥̭̇͌̐̋ͣ̃ͥ͜͜ẻ̛̫̏̐͐̔ͮ͟n̴̟̙̳͍͈̣̄͐̄̓̓͘ ̨̨̈͏̯̠c̸͍͓̪͉̽̇͌̑͛ͦͫ̿a͛͂ͫ͏͈̺̬̫̼̬̪̠n͖̪͌̒́ͫ̇ͯ͆͘ ̧͔̳̟ͩ̑ͯ̅ͩͭI̷̡̨̙͎̖̞ͣͬ́ͬͤ̌ ̴̺̓̔͋ͮ͗ͬ̈̍͘p̬͓̥͍̮͆͆̀̈́ͅṟ̐̋̆̇̾ȅ̢̩̪͉̳̺ͣ͒̾͝o̡ͩͫͣͦ̇͏̠̰̳̦̩̬̪r̩̊̍ͫ͒͋̕ḑ̭͙̱̪̦̰̙̇͐̚͠e͆ͮ͠҉͕͕̪̯̦̭͔r̸̤̙̤ͨͯ̚͢?ͩ͆́ͣ̄͏̳̯͍̩

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I just realized that I think I can share the summary of all the responses so far with everyone because that page is public. As you can (hopefully) see from that page, the # of responses per day is tapering off, since fewer and fewer people are left to vote, so I'll probably end voting within the next day or so unless anyone has a good reason not to.
    iZN3sEQdkGzbk.jpg

When Rorus Raz asked for things we could do as rewards, I suggested some sort of gameplay commentary. Originally I was thinking we'd be auctioning stuff off, and I suggested the commentary because I do commentary on real time strategy game replays (think a sportscaster, except for video games - a shoutcaster, we call it). However this obviously only works if I comment on a specific game, from a specific person or people, which leaves me with the question of what to do, given that the actual form the fundraising took was "here is a reward if we collectively meet this fundraising goal."

So I HAVE MADE A POLL, PLEASE VOTE IN IT (if you want to). If you have questions or comments about the poll feel free to @ me in the thread or PM me.

The options on that poll are:
    1. Tycho records a playthrough of the Penny Arcade forum-specific GOTY, BioShock Infinite, with amusing and insightful commentary that will leave you a better human being for having listened to it
    2. Tycho records a playthrough of the overall GOTY winner in mcc's poll, Gone Home, with amusing and insightful commentary that will leave you a better human being for having listened to it
    3. Tycho solicits entries from people who have a strategy game (or other game) match that they want commentary for, and Tycho chooses randomly (or we all vote or something) which match to record commentary for
    4. Tycho tries to figure out which strategy game a lot of people in the Steam thread like, somehow gets some people to play a round of that, and commentates on it
    5. Write in your own thing!
    If anyone has sweet ideas for 5, that might win, but aside from that I'll probably go with the majority's decision. I'll also periodically repost this every 15 minutes for the next year, or perhaps less (I'll think about it). Right now i have no set time for closing the poll.

HAVE AT IT.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Bit of a heads up: Kerbal Space Program is discounted at GMG, and it's at $13.56 after using voucher GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU , which I think it's the cheapest discount it's had.

Yes, it's awesome.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
This discussion has been closed.