As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Comic #4 Out Now!

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Should I come home to tf2

Yes. And bring plenty of urine.

I got my stabbin knife

I gave all my unusuals to charity whoops

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Should I come home to tf2

Yes. And bring plenty of urine.

I got my stabbin knife

I gave all my unusuals to charity whoops

In that case you have lots of good karma ready to spend on wrecking fools or opening crates to find new unusuals.

488W936.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    is a honcing gonna happen tonight?

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    It happens every Friday in some form or another.

You'll have to play without me though because I've got stuff going on. I know you're all super heartbroken.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I can only HONC real late these days, is shame

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I should be around.

488W936.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    I'm going to be running late tonight. Maybe an hour or so behind.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Cactus Canyon 2: Chokiest Choke?

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Don't know if this was posted in here, but I saw this in the youtube thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE3M4CLhZAM

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Good run tonight.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Someone got mini-critted!

3E41ACB4F5C4CDA042FB51574E0C2DA6DDD841F0

• Options
    In summation of tonight:
    24A5C21CC4AC4BE5D2EDDAF031D1F2D3F46019B4

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    After my 8th MvM tour, I got a professional killstreak fabricator. Too bad it is for the Soda Popper :(

• Options
    I know, never look a gift horse in the mouth and all but that same mission a guy got an Australiam syringe gun.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Rango is the best drunk. I thought wubwub was going to kill the _ango's keyboards though.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I still would like to own an Australium sniper rifle one day. But that's perhaps long in the future.

488W936.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I recently got a killstreak sniper rifle

it's delightful

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I finally made a mapping tutorial, on my favorite subject!

CLIPPING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyaz-mmFzJM

(This might be interesting to non-mappers, as well)

edit: Geth knows what's up.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Everything's still pretty rough but I'm starting to "feel" the theme.

FE28BA8A1941E06CE66AD1307321C4AC9B10CA97

• Options
    I like where your starting to go with crater there Xzzy. Are those things on top tesla coils?

488W936.png
  • Options
    They're nondescript 1950's city of the future thingamajigs.

They stuck that crap all over everything back then.

retro_future.jpg

• Options
    I fucking love thingamajigs.

• Options
    I do think you should switch from the dusty dirty upward theme to something more lush though. I feel like it'd make more sense in a "biodome" type bubble thing.

• Options
    Eh, TF2 has never been a particularly utopian vision. I mean the maps are - as an important plot point no less - primarily wastelands, either industrial or natural. I do think that the grey rd_ass rocks might do you better than the orange.

• Options
    Oh hey a worse Professional Killstreak kit: Vita-saw. My luck has been decent as far as number of drops but just the wrong names.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Sell them on the marketplace maybe? They probably won't go for as much as the Professional Killstreaks you want, but they'll make buying the ones you do not as bad. Or probably payroll getting specialized ones for a whole loadout.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Also obviously xzzy should beat Valve to the punch and use the asteroid textures and skybox.

I mean the maps already named Crater.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Eh, TF2 has never been a particularly utopian vision. I mean the maps are - as an important plot point no less - primarily wastelands, either industrial or natural. I do think that the grey rd_ass rocks might do you better than the orange.

I thought about it, but it'd be too much grey. As it is it's pretty monochromatic, I'm still trying to come up with a way to get it to look retro future without using pure grey. I even tried reflective surfaces at some point. It'll be interesting to see what Valve does with rd_asteroid because they're generally really good about picking hues.

The red comes from mars, as the current idea is it's a base inside a biodome on mars. It's definitely too orange, I just haven't gone back and fixed it yet.

Some green (or a lot, a skybox farm might even work) will definitely help, I'm thinking a prop that's some kind of hydroponics garden.

xzzy on
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Sell them on the marketplace maybe? They probably won't go for as much as the Professional Killstreaks you want, but they'll make buying the ones you do not as bad. Or probably payroll getting specialized ones for a whole loadout.

I have the Soda Popper up there, but it is not worth it to use the parts that the Vita-Saw professional fabricator wants.

• Options

I have the Soda Popper up there, but it is not worth it to use the parts that the Vita-Saw professional fabricator wants.

Oh right, you have to build them. I've only done two man-ups ever, and that's only because the -ango's invited me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    xzzy wrote: »
    Some green (or a lot, a skybox farm might even work) will definitely help, I'm thinking a prop that's some kind of hydroponics garden bread-based bio-experiment.

Molybdenum on
  • Options
    Also obviously xzzy should beat Valve to the punch and use the asteroid textures and skybox.

The first reaction to the new maps from the mapping community was if we could collectively detail them faster than Valve.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I actually had this idea as the spring 72 hour contest ended. Like a week later Valve put that concept art of the space map up on teamfortress.com.

They must have bugged my computer and were waiting for me to come up with the next great idea.
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    xzzy wrote: »
    Some green (or a lot, a skybox farm might even work) will definitely help, I'm thinking a prop that's some kind of hydroponics garden bread-based bio-experiment.

That's actually awesome and now I need to think if it's something I can shoehorn into the theme.

xzzy on
  • Options
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

The first reaction to the new maps from the mapping community was if we could collectively detail them faster than Valve.

I think it'd be really neat if, once Valve settled on a final layout for rd_asteroid (and cactus canyon I guess) they had some kind of "detail the map" contest.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Yes but the last detailing contest gave us cp_manor_event and cp_mountainlab, which are a couple of prop spam atrocities when it comes to detailing. Stoneyridge on its worst day didn't have half the props that those maps do.

• Options
    I uh... I really like Mountain Lab. :(

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I uh... I really like Mountain Lab. :(

you are allowed to like poorly optimized maps, they're still poorly optimized though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    mountainlab would actually work for prop hunt if you made zero changes to the map.

I guess maybe disable playerclips because a lot of it is blocked off from the play area.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    here's a new, that's right, NEW Vicious Cycle video

http://youtu.be/DLFZNfygt7s

also angry sock puppet has a patreon now

http://youtu.be/en1teej1Gks

which was blocked in some areas

http://youtu.be/6EqcM4acx7I

TheySlashThem on
This discussion has been closed.