Options

Moon Art [Chat]

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    abd

i dunno that's just how things are like with families sometimes

that's just families no

i've definitley heard the exact "you don't argue like this with your friends do you"

poo
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @surrealitycheck‌

I have returned from the store with a pound of burger meat

more on this breaking news as it develops

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    We are walking a very fine line I think. We've not said the standard "my house, my rules" thing or the "while you're under this roof you will x and y young lady" thing. But we have made it clear that living at home includes a set of mandatory tasks that help keep the house running, and she's not disincluded from them by virtue of having a birthday. The effect is that she is chafing at living under somebody else's mandatory rules, but it's not exactly directed at us because we called back to the ancient system we used when they were toddlers: "these are the rules, we follow rules, my hands are tied too! You just have to do x because it's a rule."
    [/i]

just u wait im gonna tell her about the post-structuralists and ur in trouble matey

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    i just think about my job and not wanting to do any of it and it just paralyzes me and so i don't do anything and it makes everyhting worse

poo
  • Options
    presshun?

poo
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    avocado is awful and California should be ashamed

This is more factually incorrect than the 10% brain thing.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    presshun?

anxiety

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

thi sis an xcellent post and i wholehertedly agre

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i just think about my job and not wanting to do any of it and it just paralyzes me and so i don't do anything and it makes everyhting worse

build your balance sheet

worry about your income statement later

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Does it physically hurt to be so wrong?

I mean, I didn't always like avocado. But even when I didn't, I wasn't under the impression that it was terrible.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    presshun?

go 2 profesional

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I think my favourite "hah hah tumblr feminists" thing is the "did you know that the reason men sit with their legs wide apart is because it's a "crotch display" intended to assert dominance and show sexual virility to potential mates"

(and the response "IT'S BECAUSE WE HAVE PARTS THAT STICK OUT THERE THAT REACT TO HEAT AND PRESSURE SHITBRAIN")

thank god tumblr activism is like a neutrino, if it interacted with the physical world more we'd see some damage to feminism

um wtf r u doing i sit with my legs splayed apart all the time to show my mad junk off

I don't do it to show off, rather it would just be incredibly cruel to restrict the world immediate access to my junk in any manner.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    scheck nooooooooo she can already speak some french she might read them in the original nooooooooo

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    spool i cant remember how old your kids are and how many you have.

• Options

scheck

scheck you're breaking my heart

• Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

three, girl boy boy, 18, 16, 14. All born in January, on the 20th, 10th, and 5th respectively

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    I think my favourite "hah hah tumblr feminists" thing is the "did you know that the reason men sit with their legs wide apart is because it's a "crotch display" intended to assert dominance and show sexual virility to potential mates"

(and the response "IT'S BECAUSE WE HAVE PARTS THAT STICK OUT THERE THAT REACT TO HEAT AND PRESSURE SHITBRAIN")

thank god tumblr activism is like a neutrino, if it interacted with the physical world more we'd see some damage to feminism

um wtf r u doing i sit with my legs splayed apart all the time to show my mad junk off

I don't do it to show off, rather it would just be incredibly cruel to restrict the world immediate access to my junk in any manner.

I do it to save room for cats.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

scheck

Scheck disapproves of plant material in a general sense

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    the steal a car piracy videos are retarded because if we could download cars it would have major ramifications for the global economy

we would have to reorganize everything around building it from recycled cars since we would have an unlimited supply of those

the automotive sector would collapse, and mechanics since you can just download a new one, the government would have to heavily regulate it

so an unfettered allowance of downloaded cars would be bad for society but not for the reason the commercial thinks

override367 on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Stream comments suck.

Like, youtube comments on Best Friend vids are usually fine.

Stream comments though. ACK. Just a constant stream (hueheu) of parroting whatever the streamer said a good 10 or so times per remark

Oh brilliant
  • Options

scheck

GREEEN IS NOT FOR HTE PEEEEN

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    three, girl boy boy, 18, 16, 14. All born in January, on the 20th, 10th, and 5th respectively

Did you schedule the sex in advance or something?

• Options
    japan wrote: »

scheck

But wheat is a vital component of cheeseburger

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Apparently Asia has tiny, tiny mangos

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    the steal a car piracy videos are retarded because if we could download cars it would have major ramifications for the global economy

we would have to reorganize everything around building it from recycled cars since we would have an unlimited supply of those

the automotive sector would collapse, and mechanics since you can just download a new one

so downloading cars would be bad for society but not for the reason the commercial thinks

A used car-based economy.

• Options

geez.

your pockets must have echos between the months of December and February.

lol

i need t talk to the mrs about how she manages. i really want to have kids but you know... fibro and shit. when did she start really noticing it?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

So their years are related to the order of their birth by the function f(x)=year-1996-2(x) and birth dates are f(x)=20/(2^x), where the first child's order is zero. Also positive integers are boys, otherwise girl.

Yes this is easier for me than remembering that information on its own.

• Options

scheck

wheat is honorary member of superfood group by dint of being golden-yellow

what foods r good

members of the red, yelow and orange group

especialy members of the golden-brown fried group

bad fuds are members of the purple-green nexus of evil

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »

Did you schedule the sex in advance or something?

no!

We just like springtime yo.

Actually, the girl was 2 weeks early, the middle one on time, and the boy 2 weeks late. Because we can't escape symmetry in any respect.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

So their years are related to the order of their birth by the function f(x)=year-1996-2(x) and birth dates are f(x)=20/(2^x), where the first child's order is zero. Also positive integers are boys, otherwise girl.

i dont understand your funny moon language.

• Options
    presshun?

go 2 profesional

i just started the other week

poo
  • Options

I have a more efficient strategy, which is to just forget the information as soon as I learn it.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Aren't you supposed to conceive in winter when there is nothing to do because it's too cold? Except you know, hunkering down for warmth.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I understand fully how she can be annoyed to what seems an unreasonable degree to be told to walk the dog

the difference between "walk the dog" and "could you walk the dog" is immense

(also I wouldn't worry about the transition being that brutal. It was fun! Like, shit, I've got a home and shit of my own! Nice! Also, who fucking knew that toilet paper and tape and paperclips and tin foil and all those things that you just always have add up to this much money when there is nothing to begin with!)

:) I hope she reacts that way to doing stuff on her own!

And I know there's a big difference between asking and telling... we're just not at the point yet where I feel ready to stop dictating. Very soon, but not yet. There is an element of "you are living here, these are the things you are doing" that I want to lean hard into, just to reinforce the break between living at home and living on her own.

We are walking a very fine line I think. We've not said the standard "my house, my rules" thing or the "while you're under this roof you will x and y young lady" thing. But we have made it clear that living at home includes a set of mandatory tasks that help keep the house running, and she's not disincluded from them by virtue of having a birthday. The effect is that she is chafing at living under somebody else's mandatory rules, but it's not exactly directed at us because we called back to the ancient system we used when they were toddlers: "these are the rules, we follow rules, my hands are tied too! You just have to do x because it's a rule."

She's more annoyed at the rules and tasks than at us for making her do them. It's some of each because she is not 2yrs old anymore, but it's working I think. The result should be that she feels refreshingly freed to create her own systems but doesn't just go mad with rebellion against us.

That's the hope at least. We are making this up as we go along, cobbled together from all the reading we've done and our own informed intuition and a fair bit of improv and a large library of "what not to do" lessons from our own parents.

*crosses fingers, worries in the dark*

don't say "You are living here, so therefore, you will have to do this"

that reminds me of one argument my parents used to pull out if for some reason it was unacceptable for me to go, I will do that thing yes, but no, I will not do it right fucking now. I will do it in twenty seconds, because I want to do it in twenty seconds and not now, and I can see no compelling reason to do it in five - which was "do you argue like this when your boss told you do things/when a superior officer tells you to do things?"

they never really got the difference between an officer, or boss, or them

the boss isn't demanding I do things because he can demand things - I have agreed to do the things he said. They're not demands then, they're basically questions I already said yes to.

I followed orders because of the same reason - there was an implied question in the beginning that I answered with, yes, I agree to follow orders

present it as a deal. There is a vast gulf of difference between mandatory rules that you have accepted and mandatory rules that are forced upon you.

Hell, even in the army, you can't force anyone to follow an order. You can force a person to do something, but that is not the same thing.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

But scheck, sometimes avocado makes burgers taste better. We've done the math.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

scheck

wheat is honorary member of superfood group by dint of being golden-yellow

what foods r good

members of the red, yelow and orange group

especialy members of the golden-brown fried group

bad fuds are members of the purple-green nexus of evil

What about watermelon?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I have a more efficient strategy, which is to just forget the information as soon as I learn it.

well said, you.

• Options

build your balance sheet

worry about your income statement later

idk what this means

poo
This discussion has been closed.