Options

Star wars V: the [Giant Bomb] Strikes back!

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    stilts remind me, can you import anything from ffx into ffx-2

considering running both games in parallel

There's no save-game import mechanic between FFX and X-2.

So you'd lose nothing by playing them in parallel.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    stilts remind me, can you import anything from ffx into ffx-2

considering running both games in parallel

No they are completely different games. Also direct story sequels so if you care about the story at all play them in sequence.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh i played them both when i was wee

but i never played the international versions, you know?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Oh well there you go then, just do whatever you feel like. FFX and X-2 have completely incompatible systems and only Yuna and Rikku from X carry over to X-2 anyway.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I started making Personas that are strong. Got Cerberus loaded down with cool skills. Got Cuchulainn too, but Cerberus seems better in literally every way.

Soon I'll be able to make the next level of Chariot and hopefully they'll slap the shit out of everyone.

This shit has gotten good to me.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Robin Williams has been found dead of an apparent suicide.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

People having ff10 be their first ff fills me with a lot of weird emotions

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just saw this on Twitter.

This is terrible. I liked Robin Williams a bunch.

• Options

The International additions to FFX are kinda lacking. It's pretty much just the Dark Aeons (which only power-gamers/insane people like me would bother with) and the Expert Sphere Grid (which I was disappointed with).

By comparison, X-2's additional dresspheres and the Last Story epilogue mission (which is basically a X-2 roguelike) are much more satsifying. Though I will probably never bother with the Pokemon stuff, because that's just way too grindy even for me.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I started making Personas that are strong. Got Cerberus loaded down with cool skills. Got Cuchulainn too, but Cerberus seems better in literally every way.

Soon I'll be able to make the next level of Chariot and hopefully they'll slap the shit out of everyone.

Have you started getting the Auto-Ma party buff spells yet?

They're pretty great.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options

???

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I was going to pop I here and mention that Romero is talking about making an oldschool shooter, making more competition for CliffyB and Epics respective new arcade shooters, but Robin Williams died? Fuuuuuuck.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    That Advanced Warfare trailer looked pretty great.

Hell yes I want to use a Sonic Shotgun (:whistle: Live and learn :whistle:) and laser guns.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    My first ff was tactics advance

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

???

It's a very direct example of the fact that things I am nostalgic for are not universal

That I'm getting older and that's not changing

And that things I absolutely cherished as a child are likely not going to be so by a new generation of fans

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    my first ff was ff

• Options
    Oh also ff10 sucks donkey wiener but thats not really what I was referring to

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Best FFs are multiples of 2

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Where has this been confirmed? Because it's tragic if true but you know how rumours are.

• Options

Where has this been confirmed? Because it's tragic if true but you know how rumours are.

EW, LA Times, Huffington, Variety, CBS Local LA

• Options

EW, LA Times, Huffington, Variety, CBS Local LA

Fuck

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

The BBC are reporting it, it's not a rumour unfortunately.

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NuONuafxwk

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NuONuafxwk

I don't begrudge people liking it at all

But I hated it so much that I didn't play another JRPG for probably five years at the time

I still have a lot of fondness for the franchise but I realized that I mostly love its weird offshoots and only a pretty limited number of the main entries

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Watching GB videos is really helping me deal with today.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    This is exactly what I feared would happen when they brought rorie on for the WoW stuff.

He is just taking over.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Isoldae wrote: »
    This is exactly what I feared would happen when they brought rorie on for the WoW stuff.

He is just taking over.

Wait I thought you hated Dan

Why are you even watching them

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular

He is just taking over.

I don't know, interest in WoW? Interest in the perspectives of the other 66.6% of the people in the video? What even is this post.

signature.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »

He is just taking over.

I don't know, interest in WoW? Interest in the perspectives of the other 66.6% of the people in the video? What even is this post.
    I uh

I don't think asking why someone would watch a feature that is literally all about Dan stumbling around World of Warcraft when they don't like Dan is a particularly weird question

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I said like 3 threads ago that he is growing on me but that I also think that he still isn't a real person.

xet8c.gif
  • Options

Holy shit, this broke like the minute I left the office and I just now read about it

man

:(

sig.gif
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    JohnHam wrote: »

He is just taking over.

I uh

I don't think asking why someone would watch a feature that is literally all about Dan stumbling around World of Warcraft when they don't like Dan is a particularly weird question

Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly? It came across as a bit aggressive given the "Why are you watching" question is almost entirely unrelated to Iso's post (beyond the fact that Dan's in the video, I guess) in addition to the post being generally curt.
    I said like 3 threads ago that he is growing on me but that I also think that he still isn't a real person.

Looks like @Chincymcchilla‌ will have to update the spreadsheet, then! :p

signature.png

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »

Have you started getting the Auto-Ma party buff spells yet?

They're pretty great.

I need to have the spells themselves in a slot too, right? That's a lot, but yeah, I'd like to do that. Might need to do some skill carry-over to actually get it, though.

Anyway

I spent Respect for the Aged Day with Hisano, getting her to level 5.
    Grandma, why don't you want to spend time iwth me anymore?

She is carrying a heavy burden

I think she probably killed her husband, though out of love

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/Cs2eSyaZq2c

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    today i bought

sonic lost world

the streams shall rise again

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    no one tell farg but i also bought xenoblade

• Options
    That definitely looks like an updated binding of isaac game.

But not as updated looking as I expected?

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hey what was the name of that wing commander like game drew was playing a few weeks ago that was all sprite based?

• Options
    That definitely looks like an updated binding of isaac game.

But not as updated looking as I expected?

I feel like a lot has been done mechanically to smooth out the previous game's rougher edges (like weird or nonsensical item interactions). Ed McMillen's Tumblr has issued a bunch of smaller updates that detail some of those changes. Also there is a weird co-op mode. Also it's not in Flash anymore (!) so it will not run like shit (!!!).

signature.png

This discussion has been closed.