Options

Star wars V: the [Giant Bomb] Strikes back!

19495969798100»

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Boy did I set off a god damn bomb in here or what

Also I'm assuming I shouldn't read these spoilers

you can read all of them but 2 which will ruin the game

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    CHOOSE WISELY

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    unless there is some aspect of golden I don't have

golden did have a lot of fan service

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    The Meat Dimension isn't actually a real place

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    unless there is some aspect of golden I don't have

golden did have a lot of fan service

Do you think sexual harassment is hilarious y/n

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    The Meat Dimension isn't actually a real place

bullshit

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The only major issue I have with her portrayal is
    The whole thing where you can romance her and get her to change how she dresses.

That's shitty. If she came to the conclusion that she wanted to start dressing that way as part of her own independent development I would be fine with it, but the way it can happen feels real creepy.

I don't really like that she's a romance option at all, really. It just doesn't feel right.

Yeah this part is awful

My main issue with the romances in that game is how ALL of them change how they act for the main character, or at least bend over backwards to please him

Kinda creeps me out

I only know about one of these paths but I guess I'll talk about why I don't agree with it in this specific case

Ignoring my thoughts about how none of these relationships are made on equal footing, etc.

Chie:
    Chie in particular has a romance that is in no way about her relationship with the main character: it's strictly about her own growth, without the need for the main character as anythign but a mirror for her to reflect on

During the course of her romance she comes to terms with the fact that she still really wants to protect people, and that applies to everyone she cares about, including the main character

She doesn't change anything about herself for the new kid on the block, she accepts herself for who she is and applies that in a way she finds fulfilling

THat is not, on its own, toxic

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I am still kind of mad that
    You can't actually stand your ground.

That was our time for the hot springs, dammit.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    hmmm apparently you can edit camera controls in the dota 2 workshop tools:

I'm curious how aiming skill shots feel in this

Huntera on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    You see, Naoto has big boobs

Rise really wants to feel her up, against her will

For more in this saga, check out persona 4 golden

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »

I don't, uh

Hrm

That's unfortunate in the extreme

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Yeah, I was really disappointed by that.

It felt pretty out-of-character for Rise (who's an idol, so she's probably well-acquainted with people violating her personal space) to do that shit.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

Will I get to ride a scooter at any point during this saga?

• Options
    How is it framed

Because Yosuke at the camping trip is just being a huge fucking shitheel even if he's not called out on his specific behavior

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

That appears to just be the Hero Inspect mode, with the camera locked behind the hero. If it is, then there's some inconsistencies with skill aiming; for example, area attacks cannot be aimed, but point target skills can.

You can also modify the camera pitch and yaw directly though, so they might just be emulating Inspect mode with Camera Lock turned on.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The whole thing where you can romance her and get her to change how she dresses.

That's shitty. If she came to the conclusion that she wanted to start dressing that way as part of her own independent development I would be fine with it, but the way it can happen feels real creepy.

I don't really like that she's a romance option at all, really. It just doesn't feel right.

Well yeah, cause then you intrude on Kanji's turf.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Yeah this part is awful

My main issue with the romances in that game is how ALL of them change how they act for the main character, or at least bend over backwards to please him

Kinda creeps me out

I only know about one of these paths but I guess I'll talk about why I don't agree with it in this specific case

Ignoring my thoughts about how none of these relationships are made on equal footing, etc.

Chie:
    Chie in particular has a romance that is in no way about her relationship with the main character: it's strictly about her own growth, without the need for the main character as anythign but a mirror for her to reflect on

During the course of her romance she comes to terms with the fact that she still really wants to protect people, and that applies to everyone she cares about, including the main character

She doesn't change anything about herself for the new kid on the block, she accepts herself for who she is and applies that in a way she finds fulfilling

THat is not, on its own, toxic

The main thrust of her development is fine

Minor aspects of it, like the aformentioned "I'm really feminine ignore my masculine outsides" is total crap

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

That appears to just be the Hero Inspect mode, with the camera locked behind the hero. If it is, then there's some inconsistencies with skill aiming; for example, area attacks cannot be aimed, but point target skills can.

You can also modify the camera pitch and yaw directly though, so they might just be emulating Inspect mode with Camera Lock turned on.

• Options
    I don't actually remember that part Chincy

Where was that, exactly
    In particular I didn't think Chie had a conflict between "I am a girl" and "I like to kick people into space"

Like, they were totally compatible for her from the start

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    How is it framed

Because Yosuke at the camping trip is just being a huge fucking shitheel even if he's not called out on his specific behavior

It is not contextualized in a way that makes it even close to okay.

And it is portrayed in really goofy "Oh those girls!" sort of way.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    "Hey your boobs are ENORMOUS" is a pretty common bathhouse trope in anime for boys I guess

The Last Story actually subverted that, which was kind of cute

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

He's making Invoker Wars where your 3 skills are Sunstrike, Meteor and Deafening Blast so I presume you can do skillshot stuff

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

That's neat! I haven't messed around with any control modification yet, but I am excited to hear it's possible.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I wish I'd kept up more with playing the walking dead because I kind of want to read those articles?

Also maybe not because I don't want to be bummed out.

Also was bummed to see Dan and Jeff hating so hard on the walking dead on UPF but also not super surprised or THAT bummed because they have.. different taste sometimes

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    "These are the biggest rolls of cash I have ever seen in my entire life"

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    How is it framed

Its a really common Japanese joke probably written by men who have no actual idea how women in hot springs act.

But you see it all over anime and shit.

I imagine its written just like in every other price of Japanese media.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    it certainly seems to be quite the standby in every hot springs related scene I have ever witnessed

• Options
    "Hey your boobs are ENORMOUS" is a pretty common bathhouse trope in anime for boys I guess

The Last Story actually subverted that, which was kind of cute

Well, more specifically, it's common for female characters in anime that is primarily targeted toward men (and ESPECIALLY common if that anime is wish-fulfillment) to comment on each other's bust size and also grope each other.

Because that's hot, you see.

:|

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    OH SHIT IT'S AN ANIME DISCUSSION NOW

BAILING

SEE YOU GUYS NEXT THREAD

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    well, I mean, the other day I grabbed another dude's penis the other day at the YMCA because he was so big.

It just happens, man.

Radius on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    hey guys i heard we're talking about anime. please watch anime. thank you. take care.

This discussion has been closed.