As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video games must be destroyed with a Giant Bomb.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    These people are committing literal actual crimes, if locating them were easy it would barely even be a thing. That's why they can do it.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    well, i mean

who do you sue? do you sue 4chan

Sure

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Zoe Quinn does not have the money to even think about suing Twitter

Phil Fish maybe could've assisted, but he has probably just had all his money stolen

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i wonder just how reasonable phil fish means when he says reasonable offers considered for the fez ip...............

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    but yeah the indie community does not have the money to be suing corporations like twitter and that's not even the place where the actual capital C crimes happened

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    i wonder just how reasonable phil fish means when he says reasonable offers considered for the fez ip...............

Do you want to attract the kind of attention you'd attract for being the owner of Fez

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Maybe not a good joke right now

Dude probably just lost literally all of his money

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

@T4CT‌ this is your time

this is where your spending habits have all been leading to

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Do you want to attract the kind of attention you'd attract for being the owner of Fez

have you read mom effect

if 4chan got ahold of my family's contact information they'd wish they hadn't real fast

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Zoe Quinn does not have the money to even think about suing Twitter

Phil Fish maybe could've assisted, but he has probably just had all his money stolen

kickstarter/support from developer community?

not saying they have to or that this is a preferable course of action

just a possible venue to go down if one were to actually consider taking legal action

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

Okay I just checked my wallet and I have twenty bucks, an expired movie pass for ASM2 that I never ended up using, and a business card for an elderly amateur party clown.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    This was all a ploy by Quinn to sell more copies of her free game.

She's a little apprehensive about taking a dive in her money bin.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

wait did someone hack his bank account or something?

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
  • Options

They posted all of his financial info, social security number and passwords

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

yup

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

They posted the entirety of his and his company's bank information and also his social security number

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

oh fuck

• Options
    edited August 2014
    -Tal wrote: »
    but yeah the indie community does not have the money to be suing corporations like twitter and that's not even the place where the actual capital C crimes happened

hell, try and see if you can get sony involved; they're all about getting indie cred - PR and indie connections could be worth the monetary hit for a corp their size

again, this is an idea by a dude who doesn't actually know all that much about how this stuff works

but there do seem to be some roads to go down from here on out

and they sure beat throwing your hands up in the air and saying its over

or relying on the silent majority of "reasonable" gamers to stop being silent

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

oh fuck

4chan, do you want the NSA?

Because this is how you get the NSA.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Stop having conversations in here via your damn tweets

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

If only because they load in a second after the page does and I have to scroll all the way down again

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i don't know the american legal system but presumably that means someone might actually go to literal jail over this

like, that's a crime. theft is a crime. what kind of sentence do you get for hacking someone's bank accounts? i appreciate the difficulty involved in tracking them down but i assume the police have, like, some kind of mechanism for it, it's not like they just throw up their hands and go "welp, can't enforce that"

• Options
    getting a large gaming corporation to care about this would probably be the way to go

step 1 is places like ign and polygon and gamespot need to be writing about it on their front pages

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Brother

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    i don't know the american legal system but presumably that means someone might actually go to literal jail over this

like, that's a crime. theft is a crime. what kind of sentence do you get for hacking someone's bank accounts? i appreciate the difficulty involved in tracking them down but i assume the police have, like, some kind of mechanism for it, it's not like they just throw up their hands and go "welp, can't enforce that"

I don't exactly have the utmost faith in the competency of the police right about now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    oh hey there's finally a decent attempt at working through the last puzzle in PT instead of just brute forcing it. Translation, code-breaking, the works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTTCfZe8Yc

definitely some leaps in logic I would not have made, but apparently this produces consistent results!

• Options

Honestly?

It's usually insured, and unless it's a huge thing like them hacking a bunch of corporations or something, chances are nobody is going to investigate too deeply into it.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    There are certainly talented organizations and people to investigate hackers but they are probably used primarily for, well, the bigger fish in the sea

For all their posturing, 4chan and anonymous are likely seen as children having tantrums in the smallest room of a very big house

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular

I don't exactly have the utmost faith in the competency of the police right about now

phil fish is a white man, so no problems there.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I'm out of making video games.

They weren't going to be very good anyway.

• Options
    this is the first cycle

we have started the plans for the Catalyst

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.