As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Runnie's Replace's WHUMP! COMAK Thread

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I must have had different turkey bacon than you guys because the kind I've had was terrible.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon

Bacon is meat that has undergone a curing process; hence turkey and beef bacons. In the US it is also often smoked. There are many varieties of bacon that are, in essence, garbo-trash: most of these are available for purchase at the local supermarket. This is probably the crap that has got mister hallet mouthing off about rushers and back bacon. American pork belly, from a good source, and properly prepared, is among the finer cuts of pork in the world.

http://www.hamiam.com/bacon/

Order some bacon from those people, see if you can go back to buying it from the supermarket.

Mouthing off?

It's not my fault other people don't know what bacon is.

Also, my name is right there spelled out for you, it should be easy for you. Two 't's at the end of Hallett in future, thank you.

Now, what can you tell me about bacon in Japan?

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    TheStig wrote: »
    I must have had different turkey bacon than you guys because the kind I've had was terrible.

I'm of the opinion that if you under cook it, it tastes like bologna.

And turkey pepperoni is awesome,

McFlynn on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Not enough fat on turkey bacon to grease up my skillet for the eggs I cook. I like turkey bacon well enough but I have to lubricate my skillet with other products when I am making it with eggs.

edit:Though I haven't had eggs or bacon in a few months.

Seg on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Yes, it's hard to cook turkey bacon correctly. You have to fry it slowly so that it stiffens but doesn't burn. It's a very fine line

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Like the US and UK (and presumably their freedom-hating monarchy-worshipping puppet kingdoms like Canada and Australia) have waaaay different culinary vocabularies.

Probably not surprising considering we live on different continents and have a couple hundred years of cultural drift!

So, like, fookin' d/w/it?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Ronnie, I have a question

2013-11-22-Good-Clean-Tedium.jpg

What part of glasses cleaning requires you to use "your lips and mouth thoroughly"?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ashcroft wrote: »

What part of glasses cleaning requires you to use "your lips and mouth thoroughly"?

How else do you shepherd the remaining drops of water off of the lenses?
    Dry them with a cloth, you say? Why don't I just grab a bloody belt sander you animal?

see317 on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    At first I thought it was a dumb joke I made, then @see317 reminded me that's exactly what I do

I stick my lip to the frame and it makes the droplets come off

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Every time I read that strip I have to clean my glasses.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    ninja turtle pig says quit eatin him

000170d0_medium.jpeg

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    There's been a general rise in meat prices anyway, a lot of it due to rises in prices of animal feed, which is due to rises in prices of grains, due to a whole lot of factors.

Also there's been some nasty swine illnesses going around so the number of saleable pigs is down.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Bebop ain't fooling anyone.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    I never clean my glasses.

I've more or less forgotten what my wife looks like.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon

Bacon is meat that has undergone a curing process; hence turkey and beef bacons. In the US it is also often smoked. There are many varieties of bacon that are, in essence, garbo-trash: most of these are available for purchase at the local supermarket. This is probably the crap that has got mister hallet mouthing off about rushers and back bacon. American pork belly, from a good source, and properly prepared, is among the finer cuts of pork in the world.

http://www.hamiam.com/bacon/

Order some bacon from those people, see if you can go back to buying it from the supermarket.

Mouthing off?

It's not my fault other people don't know what bacon is.

Also, my name is right there spelled out for you, it should be easy for you. Two 't's at the end of Hallett in future, thank you.

Ugh

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    I never clean my glasses.

I've more or less forgotten what my wife looks like.

let's just say i let myself go

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

There is none.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular

There is none.

Truly a futuristic dystopia.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Hello Bacon thread. I like bacon. Don't like cooking bacon.

If i have to cook bacon i would rather have back or peameal bacon, as it tends to be less fatty.

this has been my opinions on bacon.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »

There is none.

Truly a futuristic dystopia.

There probably is some, but I never saw it anywhere.

They don't bother curing pork, they just serve it all fresh at yakiniku places.

Tontoro will blow your mind straight out of your head.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »

I just noticed that wall of text contains the word "figner"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I like turkey bacon a lot, but it's extremely different

Although I do kinda want to go to the store and buy a pack of turkey bacon and just have a day
    Our Dillons now stocks some fancy schmancy duck bacon and we look wistfully at it each time we go.

Some day. Some day we will buy it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also nugz thread. Today I had nugz from McD for the first time in probably 10+ years. They were okay.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    For a Saturday morning thrill I enjoy cooking bacon in the nude

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    For a Saturday morning thrill I enjoy cooking bacon in the nude

You crazy bastard

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Jack Watch '14

So, today I went to town. I got Jack in the Box again I CAN EXPLAIN

This time I promise it was for research purposes only

So I got the 20 piece. Research

I carefully considered them and compared them to McNuggets

I've now decided that Jack's nuggets use too much filler (making them 'juicier' but less meaty), and they seem a bit smaller than McNuggz

So, I think I still prefer McNuggets

our national nightmare is over

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Whew, I was worried there for awhile, Ronnie

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    What happens if you get a 10 piece of each and combine them into a single 20 piece?

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »
    What happens if you get a 10 piece of each and combine them into a single 20 piece?

what happens if you shut your dirty mouth

• Options
    sinner

• Options
    i'll slap you

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I still like wendy's spicy nuggs. or at least I did, it's been a while.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »

what happens if you shut your dirty mouth
    sinner
    i'll slap you

gv3lbuY.jpg

• Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    Blind nug test? Then you will know for sure.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Double- Blind nug test? Then you will know for sure.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Double blind nugg test Ronnie, your readers demand it

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Triple Blind nug test!

Its the same as the double but you also listen to Third Eye Blind the whole time.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Triple Blind nug test!

Its the same as the double but you also listen to Third Eye Blind the whole time.

Triple blind is actually a term already. The review committee don't have know which groups are test groups and which were control.

I don't think anybody has ever actually performed such a test though.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    If you mean a blind test between Jack or McD's nuggets, I would be able to tell from the breading alone, but the filling would be easy too

I might have a tougher time between Jack and Wendy's, but I think I could do it. Burger King would about make me vomit, so that would be easy. And Chic Fil A is chicken tenders pretending to be nuggets

• Options
    Have you had Burger King's nuggets recently? Not chicken fries, but actual nuggets? They're extreeeemely similar to mcnuggets now.

This discussion has been closed.