Options

Hello [Fallout thread], this is John Henry Eden and you're listening to Enclave Radio

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    While Primm Slim is indeed the cool choice, the minute a hacker with a devious agenda waltzs into town and reprograms him, they're screwed.

So....a PC?
    Shame theres no option like that for the psychopathic couriers out there.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Maybe not, but I've always appreciated this game for giving me the rare option to kill everyone I meet the moment I meet them.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    My desire to expand on my roleplaying experience as an ex-Enclave soldier has driven me to learn the most rudimentary of mod skills (and how to use the console).

The plan was to give myself a set of the Enclave Armor from Fallout 3 (I like it more than the NV/Fallout 2 style Enclave armor and, hey, it's in the NV files already) but, for the sake of challenge, in a state of complete disrepair. The problems were...

1. The main armor is inexplicably categorized as Medium Armor, even though literally every other piece of power armor in the game is Heavy (including identical looking East Coast Enclave armor/East Coast Tesla Armor in the files!).
    2. It's value is ridiculously low, meaning it'd be silly cheap to repair.

So I got the GECK and...

1. Made it Heavy Armor.
    2. Changed the value to be identical to that of the Remnants Armor
    3. Put it into the same repair category as the Remnants Armor (the Helmets already were, so I feel justified on that... not that it matters, since it basically just means I can use Remnants Armor to repair the MKII Armor, which is going to basically never happen).

And hey, it appears to have worked! Now my ex-Enclave soldier has a set of broken-arse armor in his room in Novac and the goal of either getting a ridiculous amount of caps to repair it with or getting his Repair skill all the way to 90 so I can pick up Jury Rigging.

It should be noted that the Roleplayer's Alternate Start mod did give me a free set of Remnants Armor and power armor training. I just, you know, would feel super dirty fighting Powder Gangers in it. Also, super expensive to repair, so no sense in wasting durability against Powder Gangers.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I think it'd be really cool to have a Fallout game that starts in an Enclave bunker. I'm really curious about what the Boston Wasteland PC's origin will be.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I think it'd be really cool to have a Fallout game that starts in an Enclave bunker. I'm really curious about what the Boston Wasteland PC's origin will be.
    As long as he secretly gets to be an android, I'm good with whatever.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    As long as I get to play a normal dude who thinks he is an android I'll be happy.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    A steak! wrote: »
    As long as I get to play a normal dude who thinks he is an android I'll be happy.
    Humans are really boring though. If I can't be a ghoul or supermutant, I atleast want to be an android.

Nobody wants to buy the perk that allows you to plant a machine gun in your chest and fire it off? Just me? Come on!

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Android, thinks he's an android, doesn't know he's an android...

*leaves a little origami unicorn in the thread and walks out*

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    A steak! wrote: »
    Humans are really boring though. If I can't be a ghoul or supermutant, I atleast want to be an android.

Nobody wants to buy the perk that allows you to plant a machine gun in your chest and fire it off? Just me? Come on!

Missile Tits.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I think I've said this before but if they must do an android player character in FO4, they better not try to make it some stupid reveal. Just tell you out of the gate, don't try to be clever, the whole "but you were a robot the whole time" thing has been done. You can still have it meaningfully effect the game if you tell the player up front and the character themselves know they're an android.

Just don't try to do a twist. Please.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Android, thinks he's an android, doesn't know he's an android...

*leaves a little origami unicorn in the thread and walks out*

I'm going to be Edward James Olmos.

The only man you can trust in a robot apocalypse.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Seeing as Geth 'awesome'd that, no, no you can't trust Edward James Olmos.

He's a Cylon!

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Edward James Olmos isn't a cylon!

He's simply the handler for the Deckard replicant!

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I think I've said this before but if they must do an android player character in FO4, they better not try to make it some stupid reveal. Just tell you out of the gate, don't try to be clever, the whole "but you were a robot the whole time" thing has been done. You can still have it meaningfully effect the game if you tell the player up front and the character themselves know they're an android.

How about if that was "Point Zero"? Like your 18th birthday in FO3 or getting shot in the head in New Vegas.

You play a little bit of prologue and at the end of it, you're told you're an android and what your overall goal/objective is.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    My desire to expand on my roleplaying experience as an ex-Enclave soldier has driven me to learn the most rudimentary of mod skills (and how to use the console).

The plan was to give myself a set of the Enclave Armor from Fallout 3 (I like it more than the NV/Fallout 2 style Enclave armor and, hey, it's in the NV files already) but, for the sake of challenge, in a state of complete disrepair. The problems were...

1. The main armor is inexplicably categorized as Medium Armor, even though literally every other piece of power armor in the game is Heavy (including identical looking East Coast Enclave armor/East Coast Tesla Armor in the files!).

So I got the GECK and...

1. Made it Heavy Armor.
    3. Put it into the same repair category as the Remnants Armor (the Helmets already were, so I feel justified on that... not that it matters, since it basically just means I can use Remnants Armor to repair the MKII Armor, which is going to basically never happen).

And hey, it appears to have worked! Now my ex-Enclave soldier has a set of broken-arse armor in his room in Novac and the goal of either getting a ridiculous amount of caps to repair it with or getting his Repair skill all the way to 90 so I can pick up Jury Rigging.

It should be noted that the Roleplayer's Alternate Start mod did give me a free set of Remnants Armor and power armor training. I just, you know, would feel super dirty fighting Powder Gangers in it. Also, super expensive to repair, so no sense in wasting durability against Powder Gangers.

I hope you created a new armor for your character to wear rather than adjusted the default values for that armor, the results could be.....interesting.

Oh, next up, build yourself a custom Plasma gatling gun.

• Options
    Nocren wrote: »

How about if that was "Point Zero"? Like your 18th birthday in FO3 or getting shot in the head in New Vegas.

You play a little bit of prologue and at the end of it, you're told you're an android and what your overall goal/objective is.

I'd be fine with that.

• Options

So I got the GECK and...

1. Made it Heavy Armor.

I hope you created a new armor for your character to wear rather than adjusted the default values for that armor, the results could be.....interesting.

Oh, next up, build yourself a custom Plasma gatling gun.

Nope, just adjusted it. Given it's legacy content, didn't think it'd have any crazy effects to worry about. If I was wrong... well, let me know so I can remedy all of that.

Plasma gatling gun... I, yeah... I should learn how to mod one of those in.

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular

I'd be fine with that.
    Full on android vs. cybernetically enhanced human, but still - that's basically Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    AkimboEG wrote: »

I'd be fine with that.
    Full on android vs. cybernetically enhanced human, but still - that's basically Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
    In the world of Fallout, androids are used completely as slaves and denied all rights.

The themes would be very different from Human Revolution if it took place in Boston, whether the protagonist is one or not. I find the idea of slavery in a post apocalyptic world interesting so I'm pretty intrigued by a region thats rife with it and humanity falling back into that kind of barbarism.

Thats probably why I loved The Pitt so much.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    AkimboEG wrote: »

I'd be fine with that.

I don't care if it's one or the other.

I just don't want an attempt at a twist later where you thought you were a human and suddenly robot.

Alternately, they could make you think you're a robot then find out at a really inopportune time that you're actually human...but that sort of one fails because you probably would have noticed long before.

So what I'm saying is I'm fine making you enhanced, or a full on android, whatever...just make it something that's a given from the get go, tie it in the plot, sure (obviously), just don't try to do a twist with it.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I'm a proponent of finding out really early on, such as in the prologue. The 'and suddenly, robot!' thing just seems silly and hard to believe.

It also lets you give the PC interesting ways of interacting with technology, with an in-game explanation as to why most other characters can't do the same.

You could do a lot of neat stuff with such a setup. Lots of new interactions with technology not seen in older fallout games.

• Options
    Okay, so reached HELIOS ONE.

And no clue what choices to make. I do hate the NCR and would love to murder-ray a bunch of them at once, and a death beam I can call from above is also pretty tempting. Then again, maybe I don't want to murder them all quite yet and my brave new (mutant and ghoul) free world definitely needs everything it can for the betterment of humanity, so spreading the power to the people is also tempting.

I guess I could arm the ARCHIMEDES death ray later, but it's less awesome if you do that.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    The answer is to always keep the orbital death ray for yourself, even if it doesn't perform nearly as well as advertised.

But really, orbital death ray.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

And no clue what choices to make. I do hate the NCR and would love to murder-ray a bunch of them at once, and a death beam I can call from above is also pretty tempting. Then again, maybe I don't want to murder them all quite yet and my brave new (mutant and ghoul) free world definitely needs everything it can for the betterment of humanity, so spreading the power to the people is also tempting.

I guess I could arm the ARCHIMEDES death ray later, but it's less awesome if you do that.

I have advice. It starts with not hating the NCR.

Perhaps you need a reminder.
    NCRPropaganda7.png

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

NCRPropaganda7.png

OR, I could help avenge my beloved President Eden by smiting all of his foes with righteous, American hellfire... fired from space. You know, perform a "Ronald Reagan" (and, indeed, rename the ARCHIMEDES II to the "Ronald Raygun").

My only concern is nuking them NOW would park a bunch of backwards, subhuman Legion folk right next to the good humans at Novac. This is AMERICA, speak English Caesar.

• Options

NCRPropaganda7.png

OR, I could help avenge my beloved President Eden by smiting all of his foes with righteous, American hellfire... fired from space. You know, perform a "Ronald Reagan" (and, indeed, rename the ARCHIMEDES II to the "Ronald Raygun").

My only concern is nuking them NOW would park a bunch of backwards, subhuman Legion folk right next to the good humans at Novac. This is AMERICA, speak English Caesar.

The NCR had nothing to do with what happened to "President" Eden. Whoever that is.

And what does an ancient cowboy actor have to do with anything, let alone smiting the NCR? The NCR loves cattle ranching and the glorious traditions of the west. Or Brahmin ranching, like you get nowadays. I think "the Gipper" would have loved to play for the NCR's team!

• Options

NCRPropaganda7.png

The NCR had nothing to do with what happened to "President" Eden. Whoever that is.

And what does an ancient cowboy actor have to do with anything, let alone smiting the NCR? The NCR loves cattle ranching and the glorious traditions of the west. Or Brahmin ranching, like you get nowadays. I think "the Gipper" would have loved to play for the NCR's team!

NOTHING TO DO? It was them and their Brotherhood of Steel lackies who drove countless good, hard-working American citizens from their homes. They're nothing more than unruly invaders, oppressing the unwilling like no good Commies. Which, if you think about it, makes sense given that they're the New CALIFORNIA Republic, a land state populated by a bunch of Pinkos before the Great War and thus they still probably have a bunch of RED blood pumping in their veins (yeah, I know what I said!). Or maybe they're secessionists, like the Civil War. Sure, I'm all about states' rights and I'd bet those Commie snakes in the grass will tell you that they're refusal to recognize President Dick Richardson's right as their President of these United States of AMERICA was nothing more than them exercising their state rights, but let me tell YOU something America: THAT, is a blatant lie. How can you trust me? Why, because I just told you it isn't. If this was a state's rights issue, I would be the first to let you know.

And don't think I've forgotten those Brotherhood traitors! These un-Americans would have you believe that they, and they alone, have the right to bear pre-War technology, denying the good people of this great land the same life of luxury and extravagance that they enjoy inside their nuclear powered bunker with Felicia Day. When our Founding Fathers wrote the Second Amendment, they envisioned an America with a Mister Gutsy in every home, a Plasma Defender in the hands of every red-blooded American man, woman, and child.

But not the Enclave, my friends. We believe in a grander America, an America where a man can defend his home with Gatling lasers, free of the tyranny of NCR oppression, free of Caesar's Legion terrorist organization and forced servitude in his heathen gods and slavery, free of worry that super mutants or Mexican ghouls may take their jobs!

"Whole. Beautiful. Powerful. One Enclave, One America. Now and Forever." -President John Henry Eden

20081206210305!Fallout_3_Enclave_Propaganda.jpg

• Options
    Gee, that reminds me of another group of outsiders who said they had the right to boss good, honest Americans around. Some fellas operating from offshore, claiming that because they set a place up, it was their call how it was run, not the people who fought and died to carve out a corner of the frontier.

We liked to call them the British.

The Enclave is just a collection of wannabe King Georges. And any REAL American would hate them near as much as the commies!

• Options
    Alright, decided on a compromise: I activated ARCHIMEDES II, but didn't touch the defense system...

... for now.

Let the NCR protect my space death ray for now, and then when the time comes to finally cut all ties with them I'll rain death from above on em'. Vaporizing them, while amusing, seems less tactically sound in the long run. Also, super amusing that they now have a squad of people dedicated to guarding the weapon I'll likely use to kill a bunch of them in the future.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I always wanted to play as a group of Enclave Outcasts. It could be set in Chicago.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I recall there being some sort of Legion assault after I activated ARCHIMEDES where the game very strongly suggested that I use my new-found orbital death ray to insta-bake them all...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I always wanted to play as a group of Enclave Outcasts. It could be set in Chicago.

I see what you did there.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    This In character NCR VS Enclave conversation is as embarrassing as the Dark Angels vs Space Wolf (The Wolf vs the Lion) discussions by 40k nerds.

Which I have partaken in. So I have no ground to speak on.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I'd just like to point out that the Brotherhood are in no way cronies of the NCR, in fact the two factions fought a major war which may actually be ongoing as of the time of FO: NV (just not in the Mojave).

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that the Brotherhood are in no way cronies of the NCR, in fact the two factions fought a major war which may actually be ongoing as of the time of FO: NV (just not in the Mojave).

In all fairness, the NCR and BoS did work together to drive the Enclave from the Western US.

In other news, Private Kowalski bugged out and accused me of defacing the Boulder City memorial even though I didn't. So, naturally, I said both he and his dead brother were little bitches before beating him to death with my Power Fist.

I then stripped him of all of his possessions, leaving him to rot naked in a sandstorm (the sandstorm may have been what triggered the "defacement", though he can just bug anyways from what I understand), before finding his brother's name on the memorial and erasing it with a plasma pistol.

FOR THE ENCLAVE!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fuck all these Deathclaws in the Lonesome road.

• Options
    For anyone itching for some more post apocalyptic RPG goodness, Wasteland 2 is officially launching tomorrow.

Definitely keep an eye on it if you're a fan of oldschool Fallout or maybe just the original Wasteland in general.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Fuck all these Deathclaws in the Lonesome road.

Stealthboys and Headshots.

Stealthboys and Headshots my friend.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Doesn't attacking negate stealth boys? Also,they are super fast, so they sstill chargeand get a couple of attacks, even with 6 Plasma Defender headshots in VATS

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Doesn't attacking negate stealth boys? Also,they are super fast, so they sstill chargeand get a couple of attacks, even with 6 Plasma Defender headshots in VATS

I don't think so; normal discovery rules still work though. So if you're discovered, you're discovered...once you're hidden again though, you get the full Stealth Boy buff for its duration. It's just for the freedom of that initial from stealth crit headshot, which usually will oneshot even a Deathclaw assuming you're using a weapon you're proficient in (or just has high base damage), moreso obviously if you're perked for stealth.

But IIRC (it's been awhile) Stealth Boys litter Lonesome Road, I think that's how I handled most of the Deathclaws in LR, including the unique who never even found me before I killed her.

Also, they have an aggro range, and at least on the main long road portion, it's not too hard to just skirt their radius and take em out one by one if you've got a decent zoom capable weapon.

Of course, I also had the energy weapon explody perk; and while causing more problems than it solved for most of NV, the Deathclaw section of LR it helped quite a bit. A critted headshot from stealth could easily take out several bunched up, and the explosion radius was large.

This discussion has been closed.