As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TECH] WHO SMARTWATCHES THE SMARTWATCHMEN (nerds inside)

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Does anyone remember then timeline of being amazing wolves?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Thug life in The Life Life In The In Life In In

I The I'm

Mine doesn't appear to work.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    doesn't work typing in the forum fields, oddly enough, I just copy and pasted from Notes

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The same time I had to be a good time to get the latest news from you, I will be in the world.

Ok it worked that time.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I am a have cable now and then I will be in the home folder and I can get you all that tomorrow night at the office before you get a USB keyboard and mouse and keyboard and mouse and keyboard and mouse and keyboard and mouse and keyboard and mouse and keyboard

I text about work a lot I guess

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Thug life in The Life Life In The In Life In In

I The I'm

Mine doesn't appear to work.

Yours is the only one that is

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Gotta read all these in Bill Cosby's voice for full effect.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Ok then you can be used to be a bit of a new one of the NBA's consesus 10 best for you to know if you are looking for the basics of the school year and a half hour to get the team better while also getting close to the office of the most important person

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Watching this movie is so cute when you have to go back and forth between the government of national security issues and the rest of the best way to get a new song on my way home from the beginning of this year to the gym today is my favourite thing about being in love with you

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not going to be the same as the first half of the best way to go home

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got a phone call earlier and my iPad popped up with the answer call button. Freaked me out.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also I offically hate the location of the back key on the new default iPhone keyboard

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    The Red Cross Country Club in the morning and I get a chance to come back to the airport when you get here.

Thank you, draft autosave.

MadEddy on
    ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    this bigger screen is dope

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Continuity stuff is pretty cool fyi

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I'm using that swift key app for iOS for the first time. It's pretty good! I've not had an android phone before so it's all new to me

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I'm using that swift key app for iOS for the first time. It's pretty good! I've not had an android phone before so it's all new to me

Validating Apple's business model of the last 3 years

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    This thread has recently gotten really fucking confusing to read.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Ok thanks again for your review of the most important thing in the world.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Please read the above as a response to Artreus. This game is great.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    This thread has recently gotten really fucking confusing to read.

If only he was a good day to day time pokemon y saves me a text when you're heading out for you soon enough time to time I think you just need to slay a dragon and find out more about the last couple of years ago and full-time in about a month ago and I will be allowed to be a joke about the last couple of years ago and I have to head back in. Fingers crossed for the best lovers of the galaxy yet another reason to be that way to work with but that wasn't much lol.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »

Validating Apple's business model of the last 3 years

Pretty much, yeah. I mean,it's fun but it's not a life changer imo

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    TX9dbK6.jpg
    q4kIxL0.jpg
    aEp1Fqz.jpg

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    this can't be real

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Yeah I mean.

That sure would be something.

I mean sure modern phones seem like magic but it's called a Microwave OVEN for a reason. I don't even trust those little plastic shits that say "use this to microwave bacon"

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Some people are legitimately absent-minded enough to believe what was written because the font and layout looked legit.

I've had dozens of customers over the past few years insist that this video was real and was representative of the next iPhone:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzsBwnv_dAg

And then there's this evidence of humans with supposed normal intelligence believing that Apple products are basically magic:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK0ujYV2DNQ

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    that second video is just shamefully embarassing. Like, I couldn't even watch it all the way through because of those two.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    that second video is just shamefully embarassing. Like, I couldn't even watch it all the way through because of those two.
    I turned it off when I saw the title

I would die of vicarious embarrassment.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Love the new iOS8 feature on the 4s where if you listen to music while doing anything else with the phone it recreates using a portable CD player. It skips is what I'm saying!

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Also for the love of God. I can't install Ds4tool until I get the .Net Framework 3.5 to work. Windows 8 has 4.5. It also has 3.5 already, but it's disabled. You can't enable it.

You have to install it via windows update, but it is going to always fail. Every time. So you can just use a command line thing to install it offline from your installation media. Well. My media is a usb drive that I put the official windows 8 install onto. Everything installed just fine, but the offline install fails every time. And I am at a loss.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443(v=vs.110).aspx

This is the guide I'm following

edit: Occurred to me to just find and download the sources\sxs folder from the internet since that's the part that's needed anyway

Edit edit: and that didn't work. Still failes at 65%, error code 0x800f081f. Says the source file can't be found. I'm pointing it at the goddamn folder.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Use Xpadder instead?

• Options
    Well Ds4tools is free and I need to get the .net Framework 3.5 installed anyway for several other things

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Tech thread, I'm in the market for some decent desktop speakers. I'm looking for something reasonably compact if possible and I'd also prefer if they didn't have a standalone woofer.

What's hot in the speaker world these days?

• Options
    ManishtushuManishtushu Registered User regular
    I just upgraded to the Yosemite beta and I was surprised to see that the battery life on my Retina MBP had massively increased. Previously I was lucky to get 6 hours of decent use, now it's getting from 9-10.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Tech thread, I'm in the market for some decent desktop speakers. I'm looking for something reasonably compact if possible and I'd also prefer if they didn't have a standalone woofer.

i like my audioengine A2+s very much

poo
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

What's "decent", what's your budget, and how compact is compact enough?

There's the ubiquitous Logitech offerings for minimal dollars:

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/multimedia-speakers-z240

Something a little more mid-range, which are also bigger and more expensive:

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Powered-Speaker-Systems/A5-plus-N-Powered-Speakers

Or you can go for sound quality++, which are bigger again and will take a nice little bite out of your savings:

http://www.eventelectronics.com/2030

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Man, I wish that Sprint had a little better service. In my area it looks really good (Chicagoland and around southern Lake Michigan) but if I travel it's going to kind of suck. The east coast looks alright too, but there are such huge gaps in the west. I want to switch to Boost Mobile because their plans are pretty much perfect for me, or Virgin Mobile.

I also did not know that the ZTE Warp Sync existed until today. Seems pretty solid, better specs than the Moto G for right around the same price.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah that was a bit of a lazy post on my part.

I'd prefer to keep the price around $200 or less if possible, but there's some flexibility there.

"Decent" is subjective, and I'm not overly pedantic (or knowledgeable) about the intricacies my audio, so I'm more than happy to take the advice of those who know the biz. They're going to be providing audio for a small office room environment.

I'm looking for something around the 5"x4"x5" size range give or take a few inches either way.

• Options
    The Audioengine A2s are pretty great, and nice and compact. Also much cheaper than the A5+s. They can go pretty loud without sounding like shit, too.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Yeah I mean.

That sure would be something.

I mean sure modern phones seem like magic but it's called a Microwave OVEN for a reason. I don't even trust those little plastic shits that say "use this to microwave bacon"

Look I appreciate your optimism towards people...

I really do...

But you have to understand, when it comes to technology, any "computery" things, average people suddenly forget about how everyday life works. Things the normally apply stop applying because a computer (or computer-like device) has become involved.

I wouldn't be surprised if the videos were fake, but I would be even less surprised if they were real.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
This discussion has been closed.