As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TECH] WHO SMARTWATCHES THE SMARTWATCHMEN (nerds inside)

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Lemme try it myself and I'll let you know in a sec

Actually that won't work anyway cause I have 2FA enabled. Hmmm

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I set up a different account, and other than it warning me that I didn't have IMAP enabled on it it set up just fine.

If you wanna PM me a screenshot of what the mail app account settings are I can take a look.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Rank you can also update from the computer.

It means you require less space.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh no one told me you had to press and hold the world button to enable this so you can select the keyboard.

It works pretty well!

• Options
    So if it learns what you type I should say fuck a lot then?

Cause I say fuck a fair bit you guys.

Fuck fuck fuck.

And the best news is that it only tried to type duck once!

• Options
    The as you type dictation is super cool I'm using it right now I'm watching the text show up on the screen as I speak!

• Options
    Although, I suppose it's more accurate to call it type as you dictate dictate as you type type type the word show up on the screen as you say them I talk real good.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    how the hell am I supposed to free up enough space on my phone to update the iOS

real problems, folks

my dad called me to ask me this

he is on a 16GB phone

i was like ugh what i would do is just wipe your phone and update it and restore it from a backup but

you are in another state and that sounds like a lot of work for you to do

poo
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    So, now I have a fancy new up-with-the-times iphone, what should I install? icloud has transferred contacts and whatnot over, and while I'd rather not lose all the levels I'd completed in games, I can live with that (or possibly wrestle with iexplorer if I have to), rather than just restoring the entire backup and cleaning up the junk that had accumulated.

It feels like there should be a whole new world of doing-stuff-on-the-go that I can now practically access with a decent speed connection and decent speed hardware, but I don't know what it is..

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    new iphone has arrived

im a fan of this gold

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I set up a different account, and other than it warning me that I didn't have IMAP enabled on it it set up just fine.

If you wanna PM me a screenshot of what the mail app account settings are I can take a look.
    I'll try tomorrow. I'm supervising a high school foot game at the moment. This LTE is really better than the 3G.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    how the hell am I supposed to free up enough space on my phone to update the iOS

real problems, folks

You can do it over iTunes in the pc

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Why does giant bomb video make my macbook's fans go nuts and destroy my battery?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Why does giant bomb video make my macbook's fans go nuts and destroy my battery?

Cause its a bomb

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Alright so I pre-ordered ordered the 6 plus through a verizon store and I am wondering how to track it through the verizon website. Any ideas? I would like to have a clue when it should arrive so I can sell my 5s

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Email update. This morning I switched both my yahoo and Google emails to 2 step and used the provided codes on my phone. They both worked! I then used 1password to make the passwords super crazy hard on my PC. It seems to be working fine now.

Now to do other types of accounts.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I recommend using Authy for 2F app

It has a really nice UI for managing all of your tokens, has a backup function so if you get a new phone you're not having to re-set up all of your 2FA accounts with the new device, and it even lets you have multiple 2FA tokens, like iPhone and iPad.
    iMSjxMc.png

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Quick question. I turned touchid on for itunes but it still asks for my itunes password, then asks for the touchid

• Options
    edited September 2014
    That's odd, it should only prompt you for your itunes pass if you've restarted the phone, then it goes back to using TouchID
    Oh and make sure both options are on in the TouchID pane in Settings.app
    oy7WpCn.png

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Also, twofactorauth.org

Great resource for finding out what sites and services you use that support 2FA, and what kind of implementation they have (ie, Twitter only supports sending a SMS code)

Includes links to instructions for setting it up for each site, too.

There's also Toopher and Duo authenticators, they pretty much all support TOTP codes.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    So with iOS8, a bunch of dudes in the office have started playing Choose Your Own Adventure Text Messaging, where you just pick a word from the suggested options and try to build sentences.

For example:

"The fact that the government has been in the world is full of people who have been the same thing as the first time since the last time."

or

"Have you ever just sit back and forth between us and the rest of the best"

or

"The fact that you can get the hang of it all the way to go back and forth between a man of steel and a lot of fun."

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Does it save your own choices? You can have it type out old messages sometimes. Try typing a word and then use the predictions

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    The only way you can get a new phone is a great way to go back in my head and shoulders above all the best way to go home and watch movies with my mom and my friends and relatives in the morning.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    So with iOS8, a bunch of dudes in the office have started playing Choose Your Own Adventure Text Messaging, where you just pick a word from the suggested options and try to build sentences.

For example:

"The fact that the government has been in the world is full of people who have been the same thing as the first time since the last time."

or

"Have you ever just sit back and forth between us and the rest of the best"

or

"The fact that you can get the hang of it all the way to go back and forth between a man of steel and a lot of fun."

I did this and ended up composing a pretty spicy message.

so I cut and pasted it to my partner instead of my boss.

• Options
    The only way you can get a new phone is a great way to go back in my head and shoulders above all the best way to go home and watch movies with my mom and my friends and relatives in the morning.

You can be used to be a good time to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way. A coffee shop for a while back and forth between the two of the Galaxy Note that the only thing I can do it for the first time in the rain and snow and ice cream.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    any tips for setting up Touch ID? I've been putting off doing it for months because I've heard it can be a bit finicky

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    Illegal immigrants from the same time as a result of the year of the best thing ever when the sun goes down in my life and death of the day after the first time since I've seen a few weeks of the day after the game with my friends and I don't think that it was the only way to go back in time.

• Options
    The government has said that it would have to do it again and it will take the time to get my hair done and the rest of the day I will not let you go on a date to the gym with my mom and my mom is the only one who can make me feel like I'm in a row of my favorite song by the end of this month and a half hour to go home.

• Options
    Lockout wrote: »
    any tips for setting up Touch ID? I've been putting off doing it for months because I've heard it can be a bit finicky

Move your finger around a lot so it will work from different angles. Set up multiple fingers too.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Gonna try this word game with SwiftKey on Android:

Testing the same thing with you and your team is the best part of my favorite movie with the new York times article about the same thing as the first one.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    The first time I have been in the future and then I can see the appeal of the many bars near the top of the many.

That was using SwiftKey

poo
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I know you from the internet did mess it's undies the same time as reports editor for a while back and forth between the two.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I am going to be interesting for the afternoon and evening of the Caribbean Cruise.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Oh god it's like you guys have all turned into Paladin

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not a bad day.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The only way to get a new phone is on the bus.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    See, the trick is not to ramble. Just get in and get out, keep it brief.

Like so: I'm so tired and hungry but I'm not sure what the future of the best thing ever is

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    It's basically a horse_ebooks generator

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What is the first time to the best for your help with the way you are not sure if you know what you are the best way you have a few days and I am going to be able to do it.

Default android keyboard knows that I'm totally indecisive, I guess.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    The 5th of my favorite part of the game for free and I will not be attending.

This discussion has been closed.