As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's punch people in the [Character Action Game] thread!

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    So is this the thread to talk about KH3 and FF15?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    that would be the JRPG thread

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Kingdom Hearts is basically Bayonetta with a key

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

what I wanna know is: can Korra parry?

I think Parrying is a mechanic I want in every character action game I play after Revengeance

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Parrying made Revengeance way too easy

I cleared the first few levels on hard (something I shouldn't be able to do in a CAG because I suck at them) and gave up on the game due to boredom

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Huntera wrote: »

what I wanna know is: can Korra parry?

I think Parrying is a mechanic I want in every character action game I play after Revengeance

The part in the video where it kinda goes slow-mo and she hits the mech with a million air blasts? She parried the attack, and when enemies are in a parried state you can do ridiculous moves on them.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options

I cleared the first few levels on hard (something I shouldn't be able to do in a CAG because I suck at them) and gave up on the game due to boredom

that game would play so very, very differently if you had to block always instead of parry

• Options

that game would play so very, very differently if you had to block always instead of parry

uh or you could dodge you fukn' nerd

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

It might be more fun!

I don't know, it doesn't sound like it would be

I don't know how I would fix Revengeance's problems without basically just turning it into Bayonetta

I just know that "parry --> slow motion slice their component" got old in like ten minutes

• Options

I have basically only dodged grapple attacks so far, though it probably would have helped fighting monsoon...

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

I have basically only dodged grapple attacks so far, though it probably would have helped fighting monsoon...

Nope, monsoon is parry or bust

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    monsoon is the parry master class

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I, for one, never tired of ripping out robot spines

Getting like 4 in one shot felt so goooood

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    I kinda wish Revengeance had a boss rush mode where I could just re-play the bosses one after another after beating them

I really wanna do Monsoon again, but my other save is all the way in the sewers still...

• Options
    I kinda wish Revengeance had a boss rush mode where I could just re-play the bosses one after another after beating them

I really wanna do Monsoon again, but my other save is all the way in the sewers still...

pc version has all boss fights available from the menu after you beat the game, though it isn't a true boss rush

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

...You know, I can't even pretend to be surprised any more.

• Options
    Also there was recently some news about Bayonetta 2 that I think is pretty cool siliconera.com/2014/09/22/devil-may-cry-3-writer-bingo-morihashi-worked-bayonetta-2/

Kamiya enlisted the help of one of the Devil May Cry 3 writers for Bayonetta 2.

I legitimately loved the corny ridiculous dialog in DMC3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AddD0wbXtYU

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

It might be more fun!

I don't know, it doesn't sound like it would be

I don't know how I would fix Revengeance's problems without basically just turning it into Bayonetta

I just know that "parry --> slow motion slice their component" got old in like ten minutes

What do these moon words mean?

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Man I love the scale in W101. Especially in that it will tell you how big some enemies are.

Giant robot octopus mech? 420m long. 880,000 tons.

How do you beat it up? With a giant fist, and later some giant claws.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Kingdom Hearts is basically Bayonetta with a key

bro how recently have you played either of those two games

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more dead ANGELS

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Yeah dude, KH2 isn't an cag, it's a third person shooter because why aren't you playing in Wisdom mode all the time.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    DMC4 Dante is actually still my favorite version of him and it's a shame the game wasn't focused on him

He's more mature and knows when to take things seriously, but he's not the mopey bore he was in 2 nor is he the asshole kid from 3 and DmC
    But he's still, like, having a ton of fun with this stuff

http://youtu.be/ySY5YMoBp7c
    http://youtu.be/gLNu1mWu4y8

I just think Reuben Langdon really gets Dante and I wish we could have explored the character at this stage of his life

I probably care way more about Dante than a lot of people do

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more dead ANGELS

My favorite thing is setting fire mines with Durga and then pulling in angels with Kulshedra and then watching them explode and kicking them into the air and flurrying them with Odette to freeze them and then throwing the block of ice at whatever else is bothering me and then maybe finishing things off with some Shuraba fun times.

I should probably stop holding into Shuraba as a crutch, though.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    I really, really wish the DMC 3 port for the PC wasn't butt. At least give me controller support!

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Dante is like 4 ninja turtles combined into one physical form.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I, for one, never tired of ripping out robot spines

Getting like 4 in one shot felt so goooood

I got tired of it but not enough to overcome the fun i was having

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Character action shortens to cag
    Radius wrote: »
    Yeah dude, KH2 isn't an cag, it's a third person shooter because why aren't you playing in Wisdom mode all the time.

I assume "all the time" means "until you get the Master and Final forms"

Fuuuck I really want to replay KH2 again, now. HD remix can't come out soon enough. Form combat is fairly mindless but it always looks so awesome

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    There's a 3 hour gameplay vid of a leaked copy of Mordor floating around and I had to try really hard not to watch it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    zlCfzSeUGekM6BmvN4

Man alive

MAN ALIVE I got better at this game!!!

That's one particularly nice thing about CAGs, is a lot of them have systems to let you know how much better you've gotten at them

If I were just a bit better at timing my Ukemi I could probably get Pure Platinum on this bad boy. Maybe... maybe it's time to dive into the deep end!

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Have we talked about God Hand yet? LET'S TALK ABOUT GOD HAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zWgrkziDM0

• Options
    YO MAN FUCK THE SENSEI

What great battle music though

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...I already have a lot of my friends calling Bayo 2 their game of the year.

Man...why don't I have a WiiU.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    My favorite genre, hands down

Ninja Gaiden was amazing and what turned me onto the whole scene.

Can't wait for the Legend of Korra one. It's by Platinum, which is great! But it's a hastily fashioned video game based on a childrens TV show, so that's bad. Not exactly a check in the win column that they haven't deigned to show any actual gameplay footage, either, espeically since the game comes out in like less than a month?

Javen on
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »

Can't wait for the Legend of Korra one. It's by Platinum, which is great! But it's a hastily fashioned video game based on a childrens TV show, so that's bad. Not exactly a check in the win column that they haven't deigned to show any actual gameplay footage, either, espeically since the game comes out in like less than a month?

They actually did! It looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRYc1p00m0

Looks real good, actually.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRYc1p00m0

???

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    The only thing I'm a bit bummed about with the Korra game is the time period of the show's story that it's meant to be set, which means
    no metal bending I guess.

• Options
    The problem with God Hand is that it's just a game about punching people

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    it's been pointed out before, but it's really weird that we're getting the final season of korra before we get the game set between books 1 and 2

uc3ufTB.png