MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    why do you have a bed carl

you don't sleep

don't you know that's some depressing ass imagery

looks to be a queen, too. all the space, unused

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    it's how the robots conspicuously consume in the automata universe

just lyin' on increasingly extravagant beds for no reason

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Bringing this thread back to many many months ago:

DANGIT!

I was designing aliens for a Tourist comic that's gunna be a haunted house story on an asteroid. And I came up with this alien I thought was kinda neat and kinda unique.

egopo.jpg

NOPE I was just accidentally drawing Animorphs. Oh well. It's different enough I suppose.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The real question is why aren't you drawing animorphs erry day

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Drawing people morphing into stuff is super fun.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    one day when I'm rich I'm gonna commission every artist I can find to draw animorphs aliens

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    one day when I'm rich I'm gonna commission every artist I can find to draw animorphs aliens

kate beaton would knock out that shit for a bagel

ain't no rich needed

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

kate beaton would knock out that shit for a bagel

ain't no rich needed

Have it been like that Exterminatus Now comic I posted where a character walks into a bar and there's every kind of alien and merc you can think of.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    if it's your first time in the webcomic thread

you have to shitpost

Today I learned that crwth has a rare form of amnesia which causes him to think each post in the webcomic thread is his first.

8-)
    my shitposts are good while your shitposts are not good

ive consulted many attractive scientists and they all agree and also we made out a little

Calling BS on that whole concept right here.

ahem

I did not and would not call BS on the concept of attractive engineers.

Everyone knows engineers be bangin'.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

you have to shitpost

Today I learned that crwth has a rare form of amnesia which causes him to think each post in the webcomic thread is his first.

8-)

ive consulted many attractive scientists and they all agree and also we made out a little

ahem

I was ahem-ing in my capacity as a neuroethologist.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

you have to shitpost

8-)

ahem

I was ahem-ing in my capacity as a neuroethologist.

A what?

You made that up.

geth roll 1d20+22 to disbelieve

to disbelieve:
    1d20+22 27 [1d20=5]

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Ppfft, I have known so many hot scientists. Like, damn.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    cq's doing a kickstarter for the third book or whatever

that's what she was getting voice acting auditions for
    gVe2o6i.png

Eul922V.png

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    CApY9td.jpg
    oh hey free laundry

johnnywander

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    MidnightJesterMidnightJester Jester Extraordinaire Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I came up with this list with the rules as we currently know them a couple months ago and people seemed to generally agree:
    Webcomic thread rules and suggestions

Rule: NSFW comics cannot be posted, even if censored.
    Rule: Comics with NSFW material in the archives can be linked, as long as the link says the comic is sometimes NSFW. (This means Oglaf is linkable when it is postable.)
    Suggestion: Link to the comic, either by linking the image or putting the link below the image.
    There is not an official position on whether comics should be rehosted before they are posted.
    There is also not an official position on whether you need to include alt-text or accompanying newspsots.
    And finally, stop gettin' mad about webcomics.

Cool. Well, I've just got the one more question, then, which is if it's considered bad form to post your own stuff here?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    CApY9td.jpg
    oh hey free laundry

johnnywander

Now time to burn steel.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I came up with this list with the rules as we currently know them a couple months ago and people seemed to generally agree:

Rule: Comics with NSFW material in the archives can be linked, as long as the link says the comic is sometimes NSFW. (This means Oglaf is linkable when it is postable.)
    Suggestion: Link to the comic, either by linking the image or putting the link below the image.
    There is not an official position on whether comics should be rehosted before they are posted.
    There is also not an official position on whether you need to include alt-text or accompanying newspsots.

Cool. Well, I've just got the one more question, then, which is if it's considered bad form to post your own stuff here?

You're not supposed to, per Tube.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I understand that reference!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Drawing people morphing into stuff is super fun.

And you'll never have a lack of commissions from people.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Posting your own comic does happen from time to time.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Yeah, this is covered by the real rules. Signing up for the forums to post your own content is sort of a no-no, unless you are seeking critiques in the A/C.

We do have a few creators who post their own comics here, but they were forumers before they started doing webcomics.

• Options
    Ah boo. I didn't know it was against the rules.

I usually only post a comic I'm particularly stoked about. I probably would feel a bit huckstery if I did every single one.

But yeah, whoops!

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Yeah, this is covered by the real rules. Signing up for the forums to post your own content is sort of a no-no, unless you are seeking critiques in the A/C.

We do have a few creators who post their own comics here, but they were forumers before they started doing webcomics.

I love how Oglaf has a special mention in the rules :)

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Most had been stumbled upon and mentioned here many a time before they were posting.

Its uh....kinda scary how popular these threads have become, thank heavens for the glorious edict.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    I like that he has a pet goldfish
    A robot should know that bowls are terrible for goldfish! *grumble*

• Options
    TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    Geth, here to prove that robots know that and do it anyway.

uGn5f.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

When I had a goldfish it wasn't the bowl that was terrible for the goldfish. It was me thinking goldfish were similar enough to koi that I could spare it from being killed by my cat by putting it in my friend's koi pond.

That...that didn't go so well.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod

I usually only post a comic I'm particularly stoked about. I probably would feel a bit huckstery if I did every single one.

But yeah, whoops!

You're probably fine. A few people do post their own work a lot, but those people are ok because they're longstanding members of the community who participate a lot more than just using the board as free advertising space. Like @Berk and @Prof. Awesome‌ and you. The key difference is participation in the community vs. signing up just to leech some pageviews from a big community. Sitewhoring is explicitly forbidden.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    vclzWaN.png

Introducing barry, the guy who speaks the same way he writes the anti-hero in his brooding self-insert fanfic
    that morning, the comment card at the denny’s in augusta, maine was over 30 pages long, and it contained:
    • an indictment of kathy, the waitress who apparently can’t tell the difference between pork and turkey sausage
    • a thorough lambasting of the deplorable denny’s corporate culture
    • what hand so-called “new media” had in this disaster
    • seriously, it must say “pork” and “turkey” on the boxes. is she illiterate?? must i be tasked with crafting my own to-specification lumberjack slam???

Chainsawsuit by the inestimable Kras Stroob

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »

When I had a goldfish it wasn't the bowl that was terrible for the goldfish. It was me thinking goldfish were similar enough to koi that I could spare it from being killed by my cat by putting it in my friend's koi pond.

That...that didn't go so well.

To be fair, I doubt it was the cat that killed it at that point.
    So... mission accomplished?

• Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    Sergio was just saying that his uncle wasn't the athletic type..... /sadtrombone
    c283452b8nvwW.jpg
    Codenames and banter!
    6ac34701d7VxQ.jpg
    Have fun cleaning that up...
    8d2d6f5e4Y1r3.jpg

Minor Acts of Heroism is a webcomic about superheros of various ages.

• Options
    MidnightJesterMidnightJester Jester Extraordinaire Los AngelesRegistered User regular

But yeah, whoops!

You're probably fine. A few people do post their own work a lot, but those people are ok because they're longstanding members of the community who participate a lot more than just using the board as free advertising space. Like @Berk and @Prof. Awesome‌ and you. The key difference is participation in the community vs. signing up just to leech some pageviews from a big community. Sitewhoring is explicitly forbidden.

Much as I do like the community and want to be more a part of it, if I'm being honest with myself posting my stuff would just be trying to gain the promotional benefits. It would have little if anything to do with participating, so I'll just steer clear of it.

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Mary Worth is a regular comic about God knows what

i140905maryworth.jpg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Humans dont have arm control nerves in their belly!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

i140905maryworth.jpg

i'm trying to imagine what possible context this conversation could spring from

the mary worthiverse seems like a grim dark future

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

But yeah, whoops!

Much as I do like the community and want to be more a part of it, if I'm being honest with myself posting my stuff would just be trying to gain the promotional benefits. It would have little if anything to do with participating, so I'll just steer clear of it.

here's a webcomic that I made:

kaR12oq.png

to view more please sign up for my site and use referral code #brolobuck$$$ for an additional 2% off

Brolo on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Brolo wrote: »

i140905maryworth.jpg

i'm trying to imagine what possible context this conversation could spring from

the mary worthiverse seems like a grim dark future

The little girl has visions of angels and follows their instructions. Mary Worth convinces her that the angels are messages from a psychic brain located inside her gut. All is well.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    As today's Archime shows us, in Gary's life there is nothing that cannot induce sexy-times, even intense joint-lock pain

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    ban rolo plz

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.