As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel MCU] This thread is wrapped, in some kind of rope or wire. Find the new one!

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    If you're going to have Andy Serkis be human, it only makes sense his later appearance will be in something he has to CGI act in later. Klaw fits that bill.

Unless he's Wonder Man.

I wonder what movie Klaw would look like. I mean, his spandex look in the comics has never really done justice to the idea that he's become a being of living energy.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    He'll be a pink lightning bolt housed in a pen that grants wishes but only comes alive when a teen Wakandan with 'tude says the magic word!

......my publishers are getting mixed up.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Honestly I'm not sure why people are saying
    The quicksilver effects looked good or anything; it's just streaky blur lines seen in like less than 2 seconds of footage; I'm not sure that's enough to make any kind of judgement yet.
    Because that looks good to me?
    I mean, fair enough since we're talking about opinions here, but what exactly do you think looks good about it?
    It's very complimentary with what I've seen from Scarlet Witch, for one.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I'm not gonna judge a film based on a 2-minute trailer. We all know we're going to see this movie anyway.

There's no reason to be an asshole to yourself and hate something you haven't seen, or set your expectations so high that you won't enjoy it. Or dissect the details so much that you spoil yourself before you've set foot in a theater.

Anyway, I thought the trailer was great. Looking forward to seeing this! (In 7 months...)

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna judge a film based on a 2-minute trailer. We all know we're going to see this movie anyway.

There's no reason to be an asshole to yourself and hate something you haven't seen, or set your expectations so high that you won't enjoy it. Or dissect the details so much that you spoil yourself before you've set foot in a theater.

Anyway, I thought the trailer was great. Looking forward to seeing this! (In 7 months...)

What brought this on?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

What brought this on?

A raging hype boner that probably isn't going away for a while.

Oh, sorry, that's me.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    I'm mostly interested in how they defeat the Hulk.....do they have a sadness raygun?

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    I'm mostly interested in how they defeat the Hulk.....do they have a sadness raygun?

Like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKo3Vmlbqf8

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    All I know is we best stop complaining about AV2 trailer or Geth will not be pleased!

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular

I heard Rumors that Marvel is seriously considering making
    Planet Hulk
    into a movie, so do like Sentry does to people that upset him?

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

Like this:

Alternatively...

fcdf507f5d5075cedaf406e1e1df3629.jpg

• Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

I heard Rumors that Marvel is seriously considering making
    Planet Hulk
    into a movie, so do like Sentry does to people that upset him?

The rumors came from a website that are notorious for making shit up; Marvel have pretty much said Planet Hulk isn't happening.

They could be trying to mislead us, of course, but compared to the source of the rumor, I'm pretty much going to believe Marvel on this one.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    http://screenrant.com/planet-hulk-movie-mark-ruffalo-phase-3/
    “I don’t think that’s where they’re going to go… “Planet Hulk” is: they actually launch Bruce Banner into space to try and get rid of him and the Hulk. And he ends up freaking out, smashing up the spaceship, and it goes off course and it ends up on this planet of gladiator creatures, like pre-Christian, Romanesque.

“I don’t think that’s the way to go yet. I think you need more Banner. The whole thing is just him as Hulk, on a planet, fighting other gladiators. He falls in love, he has a baby, he finds a woman… and then The Avengers nuke the planet.”

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Ultron singing the song from Pinocchio is fucking creepy as hell.

Best reason yet for Marvel to be acquired by Disney.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    http://screenrant.com/planet-hulk-movie-mark-ruffalo-phase-3/
    “I don’t think that’s where they’re going to go… “Planet Hulk” is: they actually launch Bruce Banner into space to try and get rid of him and the Hulk. And he ends up freaking out, smashing up the spaceship, and it goes off course and it ends up on this planet of gladiator creatures, like pre-Christian, Romanesque.

“I don’t think that’s the way to go yet. I think you need more Banner. The whole thing is just him as Hulk, on a planet, fighting other gladiators. He falls in love, he has a baby, he finds a woman… and then The Avengers nuke the planet.”

Not that Marvel is going to do it, but of course Ruffalo would say that- it's all Hulk, no Ruffalo!

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deans wrote: »

Like this:

Earth's Mightiest Heroes seems a pretty good primer on where the Marvel movies are headed.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I know it's just a trailer but I'm definitely getting a "Tony Stark done fucked up baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad" vibe from it. This could very well be setting up that whole Civil Warish thing.

I'm gonna be incredibly pleased if we get hints of Iron Metropolis Tony in here.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    EMH was a pretty good "Here's a grabbag of big marvel events and stories" put together in a way that made damn good sense.

I'm just sad we never got to see their interpretation of Thanos.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Black Widow's constant frowning bothers me. As does Quicksilver's Backstreet Boy-reject look. Otherwise, all good for a teaser, I suspect they held off on showing flashes of the biggest setpieces and scenes.

Absalon on
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    I could listen to James Spader for daaaaays.
    So hype!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    this is the kind of teaser/trailer that I really hate; gives you no idea of the conflict really and is just a string of disjointed action/reaction shots

also ultron's voice sounds too human to me, but maybe that'll change

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also is the comic con clip(s) up anywhere legit, or do I have to go looking for it somewhere

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ...The conflict is right in the title of the movie, how much less subtle do you need. :P

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Really impressed with the Age of Ultron teaser, especially with the incredibly clever use of "I've No Strings" from Pinnochio. Extremely sharp writing that.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I REALLY hope we don't get the whole "Villain tries sowing doubt in the heroes by telling them they aren't thinking for themselves and are just lackeys (puppets on strings) for trying to protect people who aren't praising/thanking/submitting to them enough"-subplot. Well, at least not if it is used in its most simple iteration.

Absalon on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    this is the kind of teaser/trailer that I really hate; gives you no idea of the conflict really and is just a string of disjointed action/reaction shots

Why shouldn't he sound human?

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    I REALLY hope we don't get the whole "Villain tries sowing doubt in the heroes by telling them they aren't thinking for themselves and are just lackeys (puppets on strings) for trying to protect people who aren't praising/thanking/submitting to them enough"-subplot. Well, at least not if it is used in its most simple iteration.

Doubtful, the "I've No Strings" is clearly a reference to shackling or limiting human built AIs so that, ironically, they won't do the very things that Ultron is now trying to do in exterminating their creators.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Hopefully Quicksilver's powers aren't emphasised that oddly. What was that? Some sort of goofy blue lines following him?

Trailer was okay. Didn't quite get me hyped like the original's did but I'm sure it will be an amazing ride.

It's after images of his clothing. Thought it complemented Scarlet Witch's red lens flare powahs rather nicely :P

They're obviously going a very different route than Days of Future Past's Quicksilver, but that's fine and probably for the best - that visualization of his powers was awesome and they probably wanna avoid comparison.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »

Why shouldn't he sound human?

I think its a good thing he sounds more human. One of the worst things about Dark Knight Rises was trying to understand what Bane was saying because they synthesized his voice so much. I would rather have a villain I can easily understand than one that sounds less human.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Awesome trailer. For those all scared that the movie is going to just be sadness and grimdark, do you not know Joss Whedon? Yes it will be filled with sadness and dark scenes, but the dude loves his banter and humor. The movie will be just as filled with it as the first Avengers was.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    Houn wrote: »
    Oh man, I forgot the first Avengers trailer had NIN. It is so not a NIN-trailer movie.

They have a weird tendency to do this on their movie trailers (use NIN). The first guardians trailer had a NIN song in it too before going 'Psssssssssyke'.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Ultron, at least in the comics, is as much human as robot. He's literally a human consciousness mapped onto an AI network, and the contradiction drives him crazy.

The usual Ultron stories go something like this:

Ultron - "I am a cold compassionate machine who has risen above petty human concerns."

Hank Pym - "I still don't love you."

Ultron - "Shut up. Shut Up! SHUT UP!"

• Options
    So Hulk will defeat Ultron with a bear hug?

"Puny AI!" *HUGS!*

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    So does the song from the trailer exist on its own anywhere? If there's a full, creepy-fied version of 'no strings' in existence I'd love to hear it.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    It would be really weird if Tony can make Jarvis sound totally human but for some reason can't do the same with tech he developed ten years later.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    It would be really weird if Tony can make Jarvis sound totally human but for some reason can't do the same with tech he developed ten years later.

Can't, or won't? Uncanny valley effect, and all that.
    I think I'd prefer my mechanical voices to sound just a little bit mechanical.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Edit: Beaten

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    He does sound a smidge mechanical. So.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So Spader is doing an excellent job with this voice. When that patched together barely living looking version of Ultron shambles into that room and crushes the other robots head, with that "youre all puppets on strings" voice over. I was legitimately creeped the fuck out.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    So Spader is doing an excellent job with this voice. When that patched together barely living looking version of Ultron shambles into that room and crushes the other robots head, with that "youre all puppets on strings" voice over. I was legitimately creeped the fuck out.

What really struck me, having not read any Ultron comics? I was expecting a cold calculating skynet kinda guy, offing or enslaving humanity for their own good. Nope, he's just fuckin' nuts.

The articulation on his face at the end was unexpected, but reaaally appreciated.

Oh brilliant