Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS YOUR TEAMS PLAYOFF HOPES!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Seriously, that win just felt dirty.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    hahahahaha i'm watching a british feed of this game because going to a bar before noon just feels bizarre

golden tate simply cannot understand a british accent

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I can't get over how stupid Caldwell was there. 1) He settled for a 48 yard FG 2) He ran on 3rd down with 17 seconds left and no timeouts!

How did this work?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Best penalty ever?

Nothing more Lions than freezing yourself on a GW field goal.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Best penalty ever?

No no, nothing more Lions would be making the first one and missing the second.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    julio :<

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I can't get over how stupid Caldwell was there. 1) He settled for a 48 yard FG 2) He ran on 3rd down with 17 seconds left and no timeouts!

How did this work?

It's not stupid if you're betting against your team!

Really, being the Lions coach would be the perfect cover. People expect Lions' head coaches to be boneheads, so no one would investigate the stupid things that a Lions head coach would do to lose games.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

How did this work?
    This game sucks.

I couldn't believe they ran that play, either. Heaving the ball up and out of the endzone? Sure, but that run? That was just dumb.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Best penalty ever?

No no, nothing more Lions would be making the first one and missing the second.

Actually, nothing more Lions would be making the first field goal, but with the clock still running and the penalty mandated 10 second runoff ending the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

How did this work?
    This game sucks.

I couldn't believe they ran that play, either. Heaving the ball up and out of the endzone? Sure, but that run? That was just dumb.

Or go for a first down and a spike. Don't play for sprinting the FG unit onto the field, which has worked like once in recorded history (Michigan vs. Northwestern last year).

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    The Hawks-Panthers game is an NFC game. I'm surprised CBS is carrying a Sunday NFC game. I though FOX-NFC and CBS-AFC on Sundays was the norm during the regular season.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Texan TEs are such garbage. And looks like special teams may be back to being an embarrassment

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    The Hawks-Panthers game is an NFC game. I'm surprised CBS is carrying a Sunday NFC game. I though FOX-NFC and CBS-AFC on Sundays was the norm during the regular season.

That is weird. Contractually that's the case. Might be a weird thing because Fox got the triple header?

EDIT: It's a "cross-flex" (link is about a Pats/Bills game on Fox) game. Networks can swap games, apparently.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Patriots are doomed. Brady only completed two passes on that drive. They couldn't even burn three minutes off the clock. And now Chicago gets the ball back.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's happened several times this seasoan. Not sure what the deal is. Maybe there's no longer a split

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Lost in that sheer bullshit that somehow resulted in a Lions victory is that Matt Stafford is officially the greatest Lions QB of all time. Most TD passes!

• Options
    Tim Wright with the Vrabel stat line.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Seattle: In the tank for Jameis Winston!

• Options
    We needed to go to commercial just to take a knee and run out the clock? Shit.

• Options

Wow, good job Patriots, burning 4 seconds off of the clock on that drive. Way to give your ailing defense a rest.

• Options
    Kinda seems like the Bears have quit.

• Options
    Good job there, Cammy!

• Options
    I really admire Fitzpatrick's ability to evade the initial rush and then hang on to the ball until he's sacked.

• Options
    Kinda seems like the Bears have quit.

They're showing versatility - they can be awful on the road too!

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    groooooonk

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    groooooooooooonk

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    IMO, Brady should either sit or shoot for 8 TD's.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    I heard that Brady was old and should retire.....

• Options
    Cabezone wrote: »
    I heard that Brady was old and should retire.....

He still can't throw deep.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    groooooooooooonk

I had a feeling I should keep him.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Ahh injury bug you are a heartless bitch.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Gronk is saving me from the Cam Newton shit show...

oldmanken on
  • Options
    oldmanken wrote: »

I'm glad I resisted the urge to start him after his one big game. Philip Rivers has turned out to be a really good "backup" QB for me.

• Options
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    oldmanken wrote: »

I'm glad I resisted the urge to start him after his one big game. Philip Rivers has turned out to be a really good "backup" QB for me.

I have Phil Rivers and Russel Wilson.

I keep starting the wrong one.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Why is Fox showing the Texans/Titans game, when it's an AFC game?

I went and saw a movie today instead of watching the game, seems like everyone wins when that happens.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    But JJ Watt...

Wilson to wilson!

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Denard Robinson looking pretty legit despite this blowout.

I know I expressed this sentiment last week, but hooray for his return!

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    You're awesome, Cammy!

• Options

Did Lamarr Houston seriously hurt himself celebrating a sack while down by 25?

Because that's the Lionsiest thing ever, and he's on the wrong NFC North animal team for it.