As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS YOUR TEAMS PLAYOFF HOPES!

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I'm kind of sad I didn't start Brady today, but I couldn't justify sitting Rodgers. Good thing it looks like it won't matter, and I'll finally get a win this year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So going into tomorrow, in Expendables I'm up 40.1 against @Element Brian‌ with no one to play and in F&L I'm down 5.4 against @Dynagrip‌ with Desean Jackson to go.

Both of them have Dez Bryant. I am expecting a 402 yard but 0 TD insane-o-clinic from Dez or a big fat goose egg, because that is the type of luck I have. Make sure you thank brian, dyna. Or maybe it'll be the other way around. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Oh, and dyna's got the kicker from dallas but he's taken the mantle of Mr Irrelevant for tomorrow.

Veevee on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    NIahz8R.jpg

Jeremy Maclin takes his Powerade deal very seriously.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I had Hillman and Julius in the Denver/San Diego game. My opponent had Sanders. I thought my week was done.

But then Foster put my team on his mighty mighty shoulders and now I can win if Dez scores five more points than Terrance Williams. Once it would have made me feel dirty to cheer for the Cowboys. Now I know no shame.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Despite posting my best score of the season I still need reed to get less than 2.5 tonight.

Maybe he'll miss the bus to the game or something.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm glad that philly has the worst D in the world, what the fuck was that shit at the end of the game?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Man, I just looked at the Packers schedule the rest of the way and it made me sad.

BYE
    Bears
    Eagles
    at Vikings
    Patriots
    Falcons
    at Bills
    at Bucs
    Lions (auto-win)

Seems to me like it'd be hard for them not to get to at least 10-6. Which means the Lions have to sweep the Bears, I think.

I am hoping the Bears keep self-imploding and have the wheels fall off this season. Which seems reasonably likely

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Ugh, fucking Brandon Marshall is fucking me over

Stupid Bears.

I believed.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    So, is everyone ready for every football site on the Internet to devote the next week of coverage to BRADY VS MANNING 16: THE NEXT FINAL RECKONING?

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm rooting for meteor personally.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    So, is everyone ready for every football site on the Internet to devote the next week of coverage to BRADY VS MANNING 16: THE NEXT FINAL RECKONING?

Only if they spend plenty of time getting Bert Favor's opinion on it.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    This video package sucks...

• Options
    Wow. No late hit?

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Dez Fucking Bryant. God Damn!!

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    dez bryant is a strong, strong man

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Not a fumble. I want it to be, but sadly I don't think so. His hip definitely touched the ground before the ball came out.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Okay, Witten and Dallas' D have gotten me almost halfway to my needed 37 points to pull out the win.

/siiiiigggghhhhhhhhhhh

Go Cowboys!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Okay, Witten and Dallas' D have gotten me almost halfway to my needed 37 points to pull out the win.

/siiiiigggghhhhhhhhhhh

Go Cowboys!

Lucky for you that the Slurs appear to be giving Witten all the time in the world to make catches.

• Options
    Well, why not? All they have to do is look at Murray funny and he'll cough up the ball.

• Options
    Oh shit, Romo is down

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Good thing they got jerry off the air before that play.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Cabezone wrote: »
    I heard that Brady was old and should retire.....

He still can't throw deep.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    I can see a scenario where Romo's season may be done, and Jerry goes out and trades for Johnny Manziel.

• Options
    Why? Already have a shitty former Browns QB.

• Options
    Why? Already have a shitty former Browns QB.

Because the shitty Browns QB named Manziel will bring lots more money in sales for Jerry than their current shitty Browns QB.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    McCown's available!

:bzz:

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

/OAE6Z5zHY7a
    https://vine.co/ v/OqQpmw22iDW

as much as id love brady to be slingin bombs, the first one was a bad throw into triple coverage he lucked out on and the second he almost overthrew a wiiide open vereen

the gronk non-td that... bills game? was better i think

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    this is pretty funny

watching two ex browns QBs battle it out

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If Tony Romo forces his way back into this game and fucks up his back again, is that like an automatic win on Cowboys Bingo?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    If Tony Romo forces his way back into this game and fucks up his back again, is that like an automatic win on Cowboys Bingo?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Just finish them redskins, come on!

• Options
    There was a hold in the endzone as romo danced to his left, should have been a safety.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I don't believe it.

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »

/OAE6Z5zHY7a
    https://vine.co/ v/OqQpmw22iDW

as much as id love brady to be slingin bombs, the first one was a bad throw into triple coverage he lucked out on and the second he almost overthrew a wiiide open vereen

the gronk non-td that... bills game? was better i think

There was triple coverage but Brady threw it where Tyms and only Tyms could get it.

Vereen was a slight overthrow considering Vereen is short. And both balls were in the air ~50 yards

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I don't believe it.

Believe in parity

• Options
    Haha Cowboys

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I don't think that is parity as much as the 'Boys choking on MNF. Washington sucks. We suck bad. And just beat Dallas? It's figgin hilarious though.

• Options
    haha fuck the cowboys

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I don't think that is parity as much as the 'Boys choking on MNF. Washington sucks. We suck bad. And just beat Dallas? It's figgin hilarious though.

The whole point of parity is that the "worst" team in the league can beat the "best" team. This is absolutely an example of that. It does not matter that the Cowboys beat themselves because without parity the Racists wouldn't have even been in a position to capitalize on Dallas' mistakes.

How often do you see Directional State School beat a top 5 team in college?

Veevee on