As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS YOUR TEAMS PLAYOFF HOPES!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited December 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is the one-and-only place to discuss all things NFL and Fantasy Football.

This thread will also feature some sexy NFL Photoshops!

BxOUd-xCAAAyrdb.jpg-large.jpeg

Luck.jpg

baby_andy_reid_costume_picture.jpg

funny-nfl-small-faces-russell-wilson1.jpg

NAD61.jpg

funny%2Bfootball%2Bphotos%2B%25288%2529.jpg

funny-nfl-small-faces-clay-mathews1.jpg

...and your gratuitous Jets fail video, brought to you by the butt fumble.

butt-fumble.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxBEHWFYzbM

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    The buttfumble is never gratuitous

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Needs a Rivers goofy face, but with the mouth for eyes and an eye for the mouth.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

Wow, that was fast.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    juliooooooooo

but yet another week of matt ryan putting up awesome numbers on my bench

hopefully luck will still put up monster numbers vs jax

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Thankful that V Jackson managed to get any points, but I think it's time he sat on the bench. Projected to get ~30pts over three weeks, and he's racked up a whole 15. No thanks, I can get 5pts out of any other random receiver as well.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    juliooooooooo

I drafted Ryan because I figured he wouldn't be awful and I was drafting QBs late. He has certainly not been awful.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I have Ryan chilling on the bench, just like I did week one. Hopefully the cutlet has a massive week to make up for it, like how he bulked out after getting speared last week.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Gah, just can't make up my mind here. Welker, Zac Stacy, Desean Jackson, or Reggie Wayne. Need a WR and Flex and I'm currently thinking Welker and Stacy, but Wayne against Jacksonville is just so very tempting

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Wes welker's first game back against Seattle in Seattle sounds like a career ending concussion waiting to happen

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm sure he'll be fine, doubly so because I'm playing against peyton manning and monte ball this weekend.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Nah, I've been trying to trade off Welker all week. After Kam Chancellor nearly murdered him last time, I expect he'll be taking it easy before the bye week.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Or they got the pictures mixed up with the line for the iPhone 6.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    "You'd think when [LeSean] McCoy comes out of the game we're high-fiving, you know, 'Hey, he's on the bench, thank god.' All of a sudden [Darren] Sproles come in and we're like, 'Oh, s---.'"

-- Washington Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, on a conference call with reporters addressing the Philadelphia Eagles backfield.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    Confused by a bet I got on bovada (used to be bodog). GB +1 EVEN. WTH?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Confused by a bet I got on bovada (used to be bodog). GB +1 EVEN. WTH?

Dat shit defense

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Or is the +1 even part

Dunno

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    edited September 2014
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Or is the +1 even part

Dunno

GB +1 (everwhere else its +2.5) against Detroit. Bet 1 dollar to get 1 dollar(EVEN), instead of the standard bet 1.10 to get 1 (-110), which implies the line is leaning towards GB +.5

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    +1 even would imply +3 (-110) I think

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I will never be able to understand betting lines. This is not an invitation to teach me, as that has been attempted before.

edited September 2014

To get from +3 to +1 normally it would go to -165, or -140 if it was from +2.5 on the other books I use. So on a 100 buck wager, you're talking like betting 100 to win 70 instead of 100 for 100

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    There was a time I was good at this stuff too. A difference that big is almost unheard of. It looks like it opened GB+1 but everywhere moved it to +2.5/+2 pretty quickly

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I honestly wouldn't bet on GB at Detroit with the way their D/O lines look.

Detroit has the overall best set of players in the nfc north, no question. Maybe top 3 in the nfl. The Team though is top15, top 10 on a generous day, due to coaching and front office staff. I think they could go into Seattle and shut them down, but I also feel they could just as easily lose a game to tampa bay in detroit. Betting any money on a game they play is a fools errand, especially with so little reward for the risk.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Good lord, never, ever, under any circumstance wager anything on the Lions ever. They will disappoint you in the most excruciating was possible.

I have nothing invested in the team and they have done nothing but fail to live up to expectations.

edited September 2014
    tumblr_nc5q27ir491tvespno1_500.png

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Detroit has the overall best set of players in the nfc north, no question. Maybe top 3 in the nfl. The Team though is top15, top 10 on a generous day, due to coaching and front office staff. I think they could go into Seattle and shut them down, but I also feel they could just as easily lose a game to tampa bay in detroit. Betting any money on a game they play is a fools errand, especially with so little reward for the risk.

Hahahahahah. No.

Secondaries remain a thing.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.

To get from +3 to +1 normally it would go to -165, or -140 if it was from +2.5 on the other books I use. So on a 100 buck wager, you're talking like betting 100 to win 70 instead of 100 for 100

yeah but the house isn't giving you even money when you move the line yourself. especially on/off of +3.

the book I use doesn't let you go from +3 to +1, but going from +1 to +3 would be -30 (-10 per point, -20 for going onto 3)

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Thankful that V Jackson managed to get any points, but I think it's time he sat on the bench. Projected to get ~30pts over three weeks, and he's racked up a whole 15. No thanks, I can get 5pts out of any other random receiver as well.

or at least until tampa trades him to the pats for a fourth rounder

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Hahahahahah. No.

They started with one of the weakest secondaries in the NFL

And since the start of the season they've experienced injuries exclusively in that weak part of their lineup

yeah but the house isn't giving you even money when you move the line yourself. especially on/off of +3.

I brainfarted because Detroit shouldn't be favored over GB unless you expect Matt Flynn to play so I was doing it backwards.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular

I brainfarted because Detroit shouldn't be favored over GB unless you expect Matt Flynn to play so I was doing it backwards.

Matt Flynn got a very nice contract based on his last game against Detroit.

edited September 2014
    ObiFett wrote: »

Hahahahahah. No.

And since the start of the season they've experienced injuries exclusively in that weak part of their lineup

Just wait, this weekend that secondary will look like like the best secondary in NFL. I just know it.
    I have Rodgers and Cobb on the same fantasy team

Veevee on
    So has anyone heard of this Fantex thing?

Buying shares of athletes future earnings? What?

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So has anyone heard of this Fantex thing?

Buying shares of athletes future earnings? What?

So, you're supposed to pony up money in exchange for what? How do you get a return? And whatever it is, a catastrophic injury in practice can mean a waste of whatever you've invested. I don't get it!

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Hahahahahah. No.

Positive spin time:

Since the Lions secondary was basically replacement-player level ability, filling in injuries won't greatly reduce the quality!

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    juliooooooooo

I drafted Ryan because I figured he wouldn't be awful and I was drafting QBs late. He has certainly not been awful.

You and my brother

And here I am drafting Rodgers second round

fuck gendered marketing