As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Cadbury's Dairy Milk are also better than any straight chocolate bar we have in the US. They're also phenomenal when dropped into a mug and used as part of a hot chocolate.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Has anybody gotten to that point where you feel like you have to be extra careful about what you post, since Santa is watching? Like, you don't want to jokingly say you love like...large marital aids.

Well hello...

Edit: shitshitshit, santa don't get me marital aids.

All right, 4 12 inch black knobblers, and a 6 foot wormy one and... Wait, he DOESNT like those??!! well, hes getting them anyways now.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I don't know if that was an intentional reference Mighty, but it took me right back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HOaSuBYZzc&app=desktop

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I don't drink any alcohol while we're on the subject.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I mentioned it in the message to hypatia too but Yeh, no alcohol related things here please. Or meat unless it's halal but even then I'd avoid it to be safe.

I know we're still only in November but it's nerve wracking not receiving a message from santa.

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    What about Kinder eggs; Can you get those in the US?

Also, good news Santee, my friends have decided on a budget for our local SS so I can now start planning your gifts too!

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Anarchy wrote: »

Pretty sure I heard they are illegal in case the plastic is accidentally eaten or something? Unless its one of those things you hear but are not true.

• Options
    Prime wrote: »

Pretty sure I heard they are illegal in case the plastic is accidentally eaten or something? Unless its one of those things you hear but are not true.

*crosses item off Santee gift list* Much Sadness

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Also, good news Santee, my friends have decided on a budget for our local SS so I can now start planning your gifts too!

Nope. The FDA has a thing about selling food that has non-food inside of it.
    I don't know if it's illegal to possess them, or to receive them as a gift, but selling them is a big no-no.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Santee, I have so many ideas but I'm not sure what I'm going to actually do. We'll see.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    see317 wrote: »

Nope. The FDA has a thing about selling food that has non-food inside of it.
    I don't know if it's illegal to possess them, or to receive them as a gift, but selling them is a big no-no.

Turns out sending them is a no-no too. http://www.canada.com/life/Kinder+Surprises+Banned/2353187/story.html

In other news, Proxy has told me something is almost here and it's not even December. Excitement!
    Presents arrive soon
    Watch your door for Christmas cheer
    Food not included

Anarchy on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Dear non-US Santas, that makes me sad since I've never had a Kinder egg. :-(

If that's always been the law, they've been smuggled each year anyway.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's dumb that it's illegal to even send them to people. Stupid US laws always assuming we're a nation full of mouth-breathing idiots that don't know to not eat toys.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    We used to get them all the time from friends in Germany when I was growing up and I even received some from a previous UK santa here so while, technically, a lot of things are a "no-no," the worst thing happening would be those eggs being pulled out at customs. On the other hand, I don't think customs opens wrapped gifts (or else they rewrap them) based on my previous international Santas

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    The one saving grace of not being able to get Kinder eggs in the US is that they taste terrible. Still fun though.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I mentioned it in the message to hypatia too but Yeh, no alcohol related things here please. Or meat unless it's halal but even then I'd avoid it to be safe.

I know we're still only in November but it's nerve wracking not receiving a message from santa.

Do people really get anxious? I'm not sweating anything over here. I have Thanksgiving to handle first.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I saw an elf today. He gestured me to come on over to his shady corner by the Christmas Time store.

"Got a little delivery for you," he said as he looked around to make sure the coast was clear. And that's when he dropped a Humble Jumbo Bundle 3 into my lap.

Straining under the games, I was fulla questions, "Who sent this? Who are you? What's going on?"

But the elf remained stonefaced. "My employer prefers to keep a certain level of anonymity, but you'll know their name soon enough. Boss says there'll be more on the way. Just so things stay discrete, I ain't got a name either, but you can call me...Proxy." He then goes digging in his left pocket and pulls out...a candy cane.

"Merry Christmas."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Radiation wrote: »
    So do we have any frequent travellers between the UK and US? I always like to give some local sweets in secret santas and these days its hard to know for certain what we have here that they don't over there.

Any UK sweets Americans go mad for? I know our chocolate is supposed to be very different.

Man, I can't recall exactly what but I got some pretty delicious stuff from the uk in 2011 or 12. I will look over it when I get home.

Please do, might be good inspiration for me. Kit Kats and Crunchie Bars have been mentioned so far.

I got a Milka bar (which are pretty great, but this one had some...other candy bits in it). Double Decker was also good. Some purple bar thing.

I think there may have been more candy than pictured perhaps: https://www.flickr.com/photos/33221102@N03/6726189047/in/set-72157628683363735

Also RE: the kinder egg thing. They are amazing, and if you haven't had one your santa should fix that!

Also also, I have been set back on the planned project. Slightly. I did the routing thing, which I think turned out better than expected. (Santee you are getting something made from wood) I just need to find a place to do a thing, and may end up building a thing to do the thing.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Santee, I made an art. I keep saying I'm going to do something every year and never actually get around to it. That all changed in the war of 2014 secret santa

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I don't know if that was an intentional reference Mighty, but it took me right back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HOaSuBYZzc&app=desktop

I assure you, it was. I love that show.

Also Kinder eggs are great, and the little toys are usually a blast. I got a bumpercart that shot it's driver out when it hit stuff in one!

P.s. I live in the USA, and fuck the police, I'll get and send what *I WANT!*

Mighty on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    As someone who just yesterday gave a friend one of those eggs without telling them there was something in it, just to see him cram it into his gluttonous maw in one go, I have to say we're missing out on a good thing here. Thanks Santa, these are gifts that have indeed kept giving.

P.s. yes, it was hilarious. Omnomnom.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    My santee will be getting kinder eggs. Though we've now stopped with the awesome Marvel themed ones:

review-limited-edition-kinder-surprise-disney-L-d3Ac9G.jpeg

and I think we're starting with Transformers? I'll have to double check.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    There were marvel ones!?!? And I couldn't get them?!? Thanks Obama!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Santa, I am doing my best to purchase no new games just in case.

But... Dragon Age: Inquisition... I am weak.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I did just buy Fantasy Life since I needed a new 3DS game. I removed it from my wishlist at least. I don't think I'll be buying anything else though my wife will probably be getting me a game for Hanukkah or Christmas but that's late December.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Santa, I am doing my best to purchase no new games just in case.

But... Dragon Age: Inquisition... I am weak.

Yeah, Santa, no promises about Steam Sales. If something goes on a huge sale, I might not be able to resist. If you're committed to getting me a game (if you are the type of person who loves backlogs), then be quick!

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I've put that spice on everything.
    Even the marital aids.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    That's a spicy a-plastic a-balls!

Also I keep reading that as martial aids and am thinking about armor and nunchuks and stuff. Who doesn't want that?
    I could go for a sweet set of N7 armor.

Erin The Red on
  • Options

Also I keep reading that as martial aids and am thinking about armor and nunchuks and stuff. Who doesn't want that?

1 N7 dildo coming up!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

1 N7 dildo coming up!

6843_84cb_960.jpeg

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Shit, people are giving marital aids this year? Maybe I should have signed up.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Dear Santa, I do not want any help getting married. I enjoy being single.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Santee your presents are made but you have to wait til December.

• Options
    Just boxed up the hugest box of fake dongs for Santee.
    Also bought some packing peanuts shaped like smaller styrofoam dongs.
    And then wrapped the box in tape with glow in the dark dongs on it.
    Also one live snake.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Dear Santa: I thought I should probably note that my wife and I will be buying both versions of the new Pokemon games as soon as we can. Other than that, that's probably all the game purchases for this year. We're broke.

Dear Santee: Preliminary Stalking has begun. Commence idea generation. Your gifting will not proceed until after the United States Holiday known as "Thanksgiving." After which, be wary. Very Wary.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Santa: I have four games preordered for next week. Smash, Pokemon, Dragon Age, & Hatsune Miku. So yea, I think I'm pretty covered on games coming out next week.

I make no promises in regards to buying other games, especially on black friday.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    My Kitchenaid almost gave up up the ghost kneading bread last night, I actually had to pull out the dough and knead it by hand. If I plan to use my mixer to make a lot of bread I'm going to have to upgrade to at least the 550 Watt motor... what? I thought we were talking about marital aids? Trust me, anything that puts fresh bread on the table is a marital aid in my household, just ask my husband.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Santa, I'm almost positive I'm going to get that Ps4 Gta5 and Last of Us bundle on Black Friday, so feel free to factor that into gift ideas.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Gift get!

That package was from my Santa after all! He left a lot of gummy bears, Valkyria Chronicles, The Iron Giant DVD, and a note with a real name implying that there's more to come. Oh geez!

i0nDAAo.jpg?1

• Options
    Twist: the gummy bears are DIET