As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Does the character creator have the ability to make santa? Maybe a dwarf or qunari for the bulk

If that fails you can make a jolly holiday elf!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Uh oh. I don't remember doing anything bad, but I just got this from Proxy:
    lOEIfFD.png

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    If that fails you can make a jolly holiday elf!

HOW DARE YOU SIR!
    As if my kind can merely be recreated through mortal game-contraptions! There isn't enough candy in the world to stoke such a...box to birth our majestic elfin kind.

Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hahaha holy shit that's... special

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So this weekend I'll be with my friends who organize a gaming marathon, acting pretty much like batman because we're revisiting our first year world of Mutants & Masterminds in which I batmanned my way into singlehandedly liberating an underwater alien sub by offhandedly throwing a rebreather into my items list the night before the marathon (NotBatman is ready for anything!). As a non-regular tabletop gamer it's actually pretty fun and we've raised some nice money for both individuals in the community and global aid funds depending on the year. This year it's going towards helping the medical expenses of a local friend's (Successful) chemotherapy. It should be fun. Christmas is about doing good, like the superhero duo of batman and santa.

batman_27.jpg

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Christmas mode engaged

What? thanksgiving hasn't even passed
    Under normal circumstances, I'd be right there with you, mang.

I hate the fact that the [retail] Christmas Season is dead-set on migrating into August. I'm almost what you'd call a die-hard post-Thanksgivingist.

But this year? I dunno what it is, but this year I'm getting into the Christmas mood ... early.

Maybe it's because I have a 3-year-old who's learning how to sing "Holly, Jolly Christmas" for his aunt? Or because he walks around humming the first couple bits of "Jingle Bell Rock"?

This year just feels different for some reason, and I, for one, welcome our Yuletide Overlords.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I am amused that so many people have taken a Dark Santa approach to SS.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    So I got a message from Mr. Proxy:
    Proxy the Elf 8:01AM
    With Black Friday fast approaching you may feel the urge to buy things for yourself. Do Santa a favor and fight that urge! Basic living essentials and steam games are the only things I'm allowing.

Guess they found a gift for me?

As for me, I plan shopping tomorrow for some things I need to get a package ready. Oh, and I have that other package I need to send. Hum. Yep, things are going good.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Persona Q is out in 5 days. Santa, I love you but I'm not sure I can make any promises here.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    gift one ordered. . . now to start brewing some other "things".

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Good news for my Santee, I got a job! It's a dumb job, but I'll hopefully have an offer for an AWESOME job in a couple of weeks! Either way, crisis averted and you're the beneficiary.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Santa,

The office next to my office was essentially having a "going out of business" sale so I bought a rolling office chair and then carried it on public transit during rush hour.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Just a heads up for my very patient santa, I bought a bunch of things. Mostly PS4. Far Cry 4 and GTA V.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I guess I should warn my Santa that I kind of plan on upgrading to an iPad air 2 on black Friday so... Let me know if you plan on getting me one? :hydra:

... Didn't think so.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Far cry 4 also jumped into my ps4. Strange that.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    I am thankful that I can check out Kindle books from the library, but I still think it's silly that I'm on a wait list for a digital item. Ah well, the anticipation will make the book better right? Waiting on the new Stephen King book, my friends say it's really good and I'm intrigued that he scaled back to a smaller page count as the one complaint I have about Mr. King is he really loves to hear himself talk.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Just got a message from Proxy and uh I'm not actually sure if it was just a message or if I'm supposed to do something with it. Funny message though.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Gonna give a quick heads-up to my Santa that I went ahead and grabbed Omega Ruby for nostalgia's sake. I'm only human, and the addiction must be sated! I must catch them all (again)!

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    I am thankful that I can check out Kindle books from the library, but I still think it's silly that I'm on a wait list for a digital item. Ah well, the anticipation will make the book better right? Waiting on the new Stephen King book, my friends say it's really good and I'm intrigued that he scaled back to a smaller page count as the one complaint I have about Mr. King is he really loves to hear himself talk.

Tycho summed up precisely how I feel about things like this back in aught eight:
    "There are things about (Playstation) Home that are simply beyond my understanding. Chief among these bizarre maneuvers is the idea that, when manufacturing their flimsy dystopia, they actually ported the pernicious notion of scarcity from our world into their digital one. This is like having the ability to shape being from non-being at the subatomic level, and the first thing you decide to make is AIDS."

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular

But he talks so well, at least until he gets near the end...

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    DaxterMax wrote: »

But he talks so well, at least until he gets near the end...

Oh, I love Stephen King. I love stories and he is primarily a story teller. He just got so big that no one will sit down and say "Steve, look, you don't need 5 pages to describe the color of someone's hair. Just call her a ginger and get the fuck on with the plot." I'm hoping this book is something like Carrie or Firestarter. Short, quick, and intense the whole way through.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options

Tycho summed up precisely how I feel about things like this back in aught eight:
    "There are things about (Playstation) Home that are simply beyond my understanding. Chief among these bizarre maneuvers is the idea that, when manufacturing their flimsy dystopia, they actually ported the pernicious notion of scarcity from our world into their digital one. This is like having the ability to shape being from non-being at the subatomic level, and the first thing you decide to make is AIDS."

I can slightly understand it from a economical view. The publisher wants to sell books. If by obtaining 1 copy the library could simultaneously give it to everyone who wanted read it, well, they'd sell less books in theory. Honestly, if I like the book after I read it I'll buy it. I like owning books because I like to reread them. It's one of of the reasons I went all in on my Kindle and stopped buying physical books. I don't want to have to find a place to put the ~600 books I own and I certainly don't want to pack and carry the fuckers when I move. I feel like the majority of people getting the book from the library aren't people that are going to buy the book, they're using the library because they want/need to read it for free. They aren't losing a sale by making me wait, they're losing the word of mouth advertising I'd be doing for a book I really like. I talk about books a lot on social media. I make a special point of passing along books I I think people will like even if I didn't like them as much. I can't do that until I've read it. I'm not a professional reviewer, I don't rate a promo copy, but I talk a lot to a lot of diverse people.

I'm also sad that one of my favorite indie authors stopped writing their series. Stopped abruptly without finishing it off, that is. She got a divorce and because the books were a big Mary Sue outlet for her she just said they were too painful for her to write. They weren't high literature, but they were fun escapism for a few hours when they came out. Sadness. Shit, she even changed pen names completely and I'm not interested in the new books she's writing. Ah well.

From what I understand I'll be working every holiday this season with the temp job I managed to score. Not really that upset as my husband and I aren't really holiday people. We don't go see anyone, or have parties, or any of that holiday type stuff. I just usually use it as an excuse to cook a nicer than usual dinner and then we play video games together.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Okay, an update after the recent kerfluffle with SteamGifts. The last two contests are over and all the gifts except for one have been distributed. The last gift I have had to re-roll the winner at the request of the first winner that informed me they accidentally entered and did not want the prize.

Anyway without further adieu...

On the third AND fourth day of not Christmas my true love gave to me several more games on Steam for free.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
    while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads.

ZD1gaRo.jpg

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    There is a distinct lack of maeking poast in this thread, what the heck.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Shh, I'm thinking.

steam_sig.png

• Options

There is a lack of posting on the forums in general, I think it's the holiday ramp up. It's usually only this quiet during PAX weekends.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    I am in hardcore Black Friday mode since I have somehow escaped working it this year. Meticulous planning and calculating is going down in hopes of buying at least 95% of my gifts that day for my family and another family going through a rough patch. All SS shopping is complete!

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular

There is a lack of posting on the forums in general, I think it's the holiday ramp up. It's usually only this quiet during PAX weekends.

I'd guess it is close to fall break for some people too, or at least taking Thanksgiving time off.

As for me, I just have too many deadlines. Santa, please send more time.

• Options
    I have so many things I want to say.
    But I can't say things because it will give me away.
    Maybe I will find something to say.
    On another day.

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Ugh, santee. One of your gifts is surprisingly smaller than I thought. I hope you still like it. BTW USPS delivers on Sundays now?! When did that start?

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Yay - presents purchased and on their way to me! Now I just need to decide on the home-made part and whip up some fun wrapping paper! Glad today can be good - yesterday we lost a car and almost lost a horse. Horse is recovering nicely today, vet bill isn't totally outrageous, and I got to get my shopping done. Today is, officially, about 1,000,000 times better than yesterday was.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I'm sitting in urgent care right now. My husband is in pretty bad pain. We may have to go to to the ER and we don't know what's wrong. I was supposed to start a job today and that just isn't happening with him like this. Just trying to distract myself and it isn't working.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    @Elin: how dreadful for you both. I hope it works out quickly and isn't serious.

Santa, I'm sorry I've been very quiet recently - having a very long, drawn out house move with very little internet access. We still haven't got walls in all the rooms in our house yet :(

Santee: oh, my goodness, either my stalking skills have been honed through years of doing this, or you are the easiest person in the world to stalk!!! I even know your shoe size!!!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    I think everyone who doesn't yet know their Santa is checking to see if they put their shoe size on the internet somewhere.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    My husband has 3, count them 3 kidney stones. They're going to see if they pass naturally so he's drugged up. We're hoping to leave the hospital soon.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    My husband has 3, count them 3 kidney stones. They're going to see if they pass naturally so he's drugged up. We're hoping to leave the hospital soon.

I read that post and kidney stones was the immediate conclusion to leap to. Glad to hear it. The worst pain he will ever experience in his life, but pretty much harmless otherwise.

When I had my kidney stone induced ambulance dash the nice nurse told me it's the one pain men are legitimately allowed to compare to childbirth.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    See, nobody could ever really know that for sure, though. One of life's great mysteries.

Anyway, "glad" to hear it's kidneystones and not something way worse.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Okay, an update after the recent kerfluffle with SteamGifts. The last two contests are over and all the gifts except for one have been distributed. The last gift I have had to re-roll the winner at the request of the first winner that informed me they accidentally entered and did not want the prize.

Anyway without further adieu...

On the third AND fourth day of not Christmas my true love gave to me several more games on Steam for free.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

About 5 hours left on these, and just an FYI, I noticed nobody has entered for Red Alert 3: Uprising. Even though it's an expansion to Red Alert 3 it's stand alone, so if not having RA3 is keeping you from entering that one, don't let it stop you if you want it.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    See, nobody could ever really know that for sure, though. One of life's great mysteries.

Sure they can. They hurt enough getting from kidney to bladder and that's universal across both genders! Thank Christ mine made it from bladder to outside world without incident.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif