As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Brothers!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I kept with 10 stamina/flower/speed because it's just the absolute laziest

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    -Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I played the game until everyone unlocked naturally.

It didn't feel like it took that long because so much fun was being had but in reality I think it was over 10 hours.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlue's Amiibo Smashstravaganza Chalenge Series Round Two: This Time for Real (or is it?) I am tentatively scheduling for 5 EST on Saturday, unless people yells at me about it.

What smash bros related task will I make people do this time?? Who knows but boy is it stupid

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Euro Launch tourney needs players badly.
    XvJfpsz.png
    November 28th @‌ 9pm CET
    Signup

It's Europe's turn! Rules are largely the same, except that Wuhu Island has been removed due to a bug. Note that this tournament is open to everyone, but it takes place around 3pm EST so that probably clashes with a lot of work schedules in North America. But I'm sure a lot of you have Black Friday off anyways, so come on down for some more smashing. I'll also remind our European players to add their NNID to the Friends List so people can friend each other before the tournament starts. Enjoy the new Smash Bros.!

RULES
    • Double Elimination, with regular matches will be best of three 1v1 matches with three stocks at eight minutes per match. Winner, Loser, and Grand Finals will be best of five.
    • The results of Sudden Death are ignored, and the player with the lowest damage percentage when time expires is the winner.
    • Items, Equipment, and Custom Moves are banned.
    • Palutena and Mii Fighters are allowed, but must stick with the same moveset throughout the tournament.
    • You must play with the same character throughout the tournament.
    • The following are starter stages picked at random when playing the first game of a set: Battlefield (1), Final Destination/Sideless Ω Stages (2), Sided Ω Stages (3), Duck Hunt (4), Smashville (5), Town and City (6), Delfino Plaza (7), and Pilotwings (8)
    • After a match, the winner may ban a stage. Then the loser picks the next stage, and which may be any of the starter stages or the following counterpick stages: Castle iege, Kongo Jungle, Pokemon Stadium 2, Orbital Gate Assault, Mario Circuit (Wii U), Windy Hill Zone, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, and Woolly World. The loser may NOT pick a stage they have previously won on in that set.
    • When a set is finished, report results on Challonge. If you wish, you can also report the scores of each match (how many KOs each player got), but this is optional. If a mistake is made, report it to me and it'll be fixed.
    • Sets should take thirty minutes to complete. If after five minutes your opponent has not shown up, please contact me and you will win the set by default.
    • Smasher's Agreement: a player make pick a stage not on this list if both players agree to it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i'd play but i'll be sitting in a car resisting the urge not to scream at my parents until i go hoarse

• Options
    That's why I didn't do a normal tournament this week. I knew most Americans would be traveling or otherwise preoccupied.

Shit, not a single person signed up for the goofy event I have planned for tomorrow night.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    so i dunno who else is drilling the challenge board, but one has me stumped

play palutena on stage 2 target blast and score 80k or more using "the back wall"

what the fuck does that even mean? i tried both sending a bomb to explode at the back of the target area as well as bouncing it off the wall you start in front of and whatever else it could have meant by back wall and i got nothin'

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Set your WiiU up on the wall behind you

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    damn thats what i was missing

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

play palutena on stage 2 target blast and score 80k or more using "the back wall"

what the fuck does that even mean? i tried both sending a bomb to explode at the back of the target area as well as bouncing it off the wall you start in front of and whatever else it could have meant by back wall and i got nothin'

There's a wall behind you in target blast. You just need to rebound your shots off it for at least one round, but I'd do both to be safe. Relatively simple once you know what you're after.

• Options
    I did it by bouncing the bomb off the wall to the left of where you start. Did it both rounds and got it.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I did it by bouncing the bomb off the wall to the left of where you start. Did it both rounds and got it.

Son, you best look out for Pac-Man, because you just got ghosted.

• Options
    HOW DID GETH KNOW

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hey anyone want to do some late nightish four player smash? i got a room open and there is always room for more people.

until there is four. Then there is no more room.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

There's a wall behind you in target blast. You just need to rebound your shots off it for at least one round, but I'd do both to be safe. Relatively simple once you know what you're after.

i said i did this and didnt get anything for it, hence my confusion

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

i said i did this and didnt get anything for it, hence my confusion

Rebound shot both rounds? Score over 80K (in one shot if you didn't the first time)?

Because if you did that and it didn't work, don't know what to say beyond "huh. Worked for me."

• Options
    yes and yes

id say screw it and use a hammer if i had any

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I played this game a little bit more and I miss the 3ds classic mode

I don't like the mario party mode for single player and moving a stupid statue around a plate of statues is dumb (and 5+ player fights are too busy)

Also playing with a pad is just different enough from playing with the 3ds that I have to relearn how to press buttons

Lucina bodied me in her unlock fight :(

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Managed 17 good rounds in Crazy Orders just now. Your timing has to be tight if you want to break 20

Is there a cheevo for breaking 20

It seems like it would be hard

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    there is with mario but you can cheese it with custom setups im p sure

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    so now I have this game.

now I just have to wait for an adapter like the rest of the world.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    there is with mario but you can cheese it with custom setups im p sure

Baseball bat at start is the way and the light.

I would have had a 15 run on Charizard this morning, but one of the fucking galaga ships grabbed me when I was at 110% and I couldn't break free.

I hate those things so goddamn much.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    so now I have this game.

now I just have to wait for an adapter like the rest of the world.

fight me

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I just got Mario Kart 8 and the DLC

And I am playing as Link, driving Captain Falcon's car, with monster truck wheels, on an Excitebike course

This game is goooooooood

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Dear project m devs please add raichu to the roster

• Options
    Make him a heavier pikachu but give him moves where he uses his tail like Samus' whip

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Dear project m devs make online work without using dolphin

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    dear project m devs please make ike climbers real

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dear Project M Devs,

I write to you today to inform you that you might have won TWO MILLION DOLLARS!

Melding on
  • Options
    wait

Sakurai actually does the voice of Dedede?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    This starts in FOUR HOURS. CASUAL FUN ITEMS TIMES
    8g7SUZc.png
    Friday, November 28th @‌ 9pm EST
    Signups

It's Thanksgiving, and our poultry fighters are defending themselves against the big eaters in a tournament most fowl. So come travel back home and fight to either enjoy a nice dinner or avoid being the main course!
    • Double Elimination, 1v1 three-stock matches lasting eight minutes.
    • Equipment and Custom Moves are banned
    • The following characters are allowed: Falco, King Dedede, Duck Hunt, Pit, Dark Pit, Kirby, Pac-Man, Mii Gunner, Palutena, and Wario.
    • The following items are turned on: Assist Trophies, Pokeballs, Master Balls, Smash Balls, Bullet Bill, Ray Gun, Super Scope, Cucco, Food, Party Ball, Crate/Barrel, Maximum Tomato, Super Leaf, Super Mushroom, Superspicy Curry, Fire Flower, and Capsules.
    • The following stages are chosen at random for each match: Town & City, Smashville, Luigi's Mansion, Duck Hunt, Onett, Pac-Land, Gamer, and Wii Fit Studio.
    • Report all matches to Challonge. You may include the number of KOs each player got in their matches.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

And I am playing as Link, driving Captain Falcon's car, with monster truck wheels, on an Excitebike course

This game is goooooooood

The Excitebike course might be in my top 5 courses of all time

also I'll race you with my mii in samus gear courtesy of amiibo (tm)

• Options
    Okay, the sign-up link for Smash Turkeys was borked. Should work now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

This game is goooooooood

The Excitebike course might be in my top 5 courses of all time

also I'll race you with my mii in samus gear courtesy of amiibo (tm)

It was genuinely a really cool moment when I remembered the amiibos I already own will unlock something in this game I just bought

I will never ever ever play as a Mii because Link and Wario and Shy-Guy are right there

But still

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Having a Pro Controller is really kind of freaking me out

It's been 8 years of Nintendo consoles only being played with unusual out-there controllers

And now I can play their games like Regular Ass Video Games again

It's genuinely a weird moment for me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The Gamecube controller was considered unusual during its heyday as well.

As was the N64.

Really, Nintendo likes to experiment with controllers.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    BlueBlue's Amiibo Smashstravaganza Chalenge Series Round Two: This Time for Real (or is it?) I am tentatively scheduling for 5 EST on Saturday, unless people yells at me about it.

What smash bros related task will I make people do this time?? Who knows but boy is it stupid

Happening tomorrow~

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Happening tomorrow~

I'll be there

What time do I need to be there!!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I can't make it unless it's at night time :<<<<

This discussion has been closed.